Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 53

Thread: Carlos Sainz #55

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Italia
    Posts
    98

    Carlos Sainz #55






    Team Ferrari
    Country Spain
    Podiums 12
    Points 669.5
    Grands Prix entered 152
    World Championships N/A
    Highest race finish 1 (x1)
    Highest grid position 1
    Date of birth 01/09/1994
    Place of birth Madrid, Spain

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,765
    #2 Driver.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Italia
    Posts
    98
    Today, he had some misfortunes. But the good thing is that he finds himself. he was not fast enough. but he's been accelerating since the last few races. if he can be like his days at mclaren we can slapp RB easly

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    233
    don't like, did not want in the team, and spanish money seems to be dictating team strategies SADLY. Hope it does not last. PLEASE replace him with MS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,616
    Not on the same level as Charles and as long as there isn't a Spanish/Italian divide in the team, I will support him as a Ferrari driver. I was sorry for his DNF in Austria, nothing he could do and it could have been either car.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,002
    With 1, 2 points coming in each race due to no team orders Ferrari is and will be the WCC ! Either driver with a WDC would be an added gift!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    With 1, 2 points coming in each race due to no team orders Ferrari is and will be the WCC ! Either driver with a WDC would be an added gift!!
    with our PU reliability issues we have this year, it'll be hard to us to clinch either of the championships me thinks.....but it ain't over till the fat lady sings, NO???

    in any case, even if we had NO reliability issues, Ferrari would have to back ONE of the drivers till the end of season, because if they would take points off each other, Maxipad would cruise to his second WDC....just sayin...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    with our PU reliability issues we have this year, it'll be hard to us to clinch either of the championships me thinks.....but it ain't over till the fat lady sings, NO???

    in any case, even if we had NO reliability issues, Ferrari would have to back ONE of the drivers till the end of season, because if they would take points off each other, Maxipad would cruise to his second WDC....just sayin...
    Back and forth 1,2 2,1 between Charles and Carlos equals the same points at the end of a race, but.... we get to see some exciting raicng between them. And the enemies have to settle for 3rd and less place wise! I hope!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    don't like, did not want in the team, and spanish money seems to be dictating team strategies SADLY. Hope it does not last. PLEASE replace him with MS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Too many haters on this forum. Who needs trolls?

    There are many reasons why Ferrari signed Sainz and extended his contract. Deal with it.

    Sainz beat Leclerc on his first year at Ferrari. This year his has double the amount of DNFs as Leclerc yet he has more podiums. Many people are demanding that Sainz be made the default #2 driver even though there are 11 races to go and anything can happen.

    If Leclerc were to suffer 2 more DNFs to match Sainz, then it would be very possible for Sainz to match or even surpass Leclerc on points but many of you seem to have developed a hate for Sainz, for whatever reason, and so you constantly express negative, infantile and unfounded comments/insults towards this Ferrari driver…

    It seems to me that you are on this forum just because of a driver not because of the team…

    I haven’t posted anything on this forum for many years because, frankly, there is too much fluff and very little constructive content. Stop criticizing the team. Behavior like that would not get you into ANY professional team, whether it’s in sports, business, technology, etc.

    And why are you also criticizing sponsors? Is there anything wrong with Spanish companies willing to invest in Ferrari? Why don’t you criticize Monegasque sponsors also? Are there any?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by pericoloso View Post
    Too many haters on this forum. Who needs trolls?

    There are many reasons why Ferrari signed Sainz and extended his contract. Deal with it.

    Sainz beat Leclerc on his first year at Ferrari. This year his has double the amount of DNFs as Leclerc yet he has more podiums. Many people are demanding that Sainz be made the default #2 driver even though there are 11 races to go and anything can happen.

    If Leclerc were to suffer 2 more DNFs to match Sainz, then it would be very possible for Sainz to match or even surpass Leclerc on points but many of you seem to have developed a hate for Sainz, for whatever reason, and so you constantly express negative, infantile and unfounded comments/insults towards this Ferrari driver…

    It seems to me that you are on this forum just because of a driver not because of the team…

    I haven’t posted anything on this forum for many years because, frankly, there is too much fluff and very little constructive content. Stop criticizing the team. Behavior like that would not get you into ANY professional team, whether it’s in sports, business, technology, etc.

    And why are you also criticizing sponsors? Is there anything wrong with Spanish companies willing to invest in Ferrari? Why don’t you criticize Monegasque sponsors also? Are there any?
    Perfectly said! Every word!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,129
    Quote Originally Posted by pericoloso View Post
    Too many haters on this forum. Who needs trolls?

    There are many reasons why Ferrari signed Sainz and extended his contract. Deal with it.

    Sainz beat Leclerc on his first year at Ferrari. This year his has double the amount of DNFs as Leclerc yet he has more podiums. Many people are demanding that Sainz be made the default #2 driver even though there are 11 races to go and anything can happen.

    If Leclerc were to suffer 2 more DNFs to match Sainz, then it would be very possible for Sainz to match or even surpass Leclerc on points but many of you seem to have developed a hate for Sainz, for whatever reason, and so you constantly express negative, infantile and unfounded comments/insults towards this Ferrari driver…

    It seems to me that you are on this forum just because of a driver not because of the team…

    I haven’t posted anything on this forum for many years because, frankly, there is too much fluff and very little constructive content. Stop criticizing the team. Behavior like that would not get you into ANY professional team, whether it’s in sports, business, technology, etc.

    And why are you also criticizing sponsors? Is there anything wrong with Spanish companies willing to invest in Ferrari? Why don’t you criticize Monegasque sponsors also? Are there any?
    YOU'RE dellusional.....if Leclerc were to have 2 more DNF's.....then the WDC would most likely be Maxipad's.....he would have a HUGE lead in points.....Sainz would have NO chance at all....

    teh driver that can take teh fight to Max.....IS Chalres....its all coming down to how reliable our DONKEY of an engine would be for the rest of teh season....unless they fix something pretty soon

    get your head out of your a $ $ for once, will ya!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,635
    It's quite rare that you have a second driver capable of nailing runner-up spot in the championship with the best car, let alone having two guys squabble at it when you have an even car with someone else.

    Besides the rare occurrence of Mercedes being completely dominant and Rosberg being nearly as good as Hamilton, it's just very seldom happening.

    We had Rubens in '02 and '04 and then Mercedes had Bottas in '19 and '20. Those are the only 1-2 championship finishes outside of the HAM-ROS rivalry in the past 30 years. So, Webber got no title runner-ups and Bottas just two. In spite of completely dominant cars. In that sense Carlos is doing an okay job. I believe he's getting nearer the car's limit than those guys did. He would've scored more wins than Bottas in the '17-'21 Mercedes cars for sure. Purely based on him being more adaptable as a driver during a stint whereas Bottas has just one gear. The issue is that the Q3 mistake and the race day off in Melbourne just killed off the self-confidence he had and before you knew it he started sending it into the gravel trap or the wall every weekend. Once he came back from that bad spell it was already too late and Charles has proven beyond any doubt that he's got the mentality to be the team leader.

    The thing about Carlos is that he's got the ability to win a few races per season in the right car, but at the moment we don't have the necessary equipment to allow him to do any squabbling. We all know he's going to be the second best in the team. He's still above average on the grid but with a rival as strong as we have his competitive spirit has to be reined in a bit. That's all really.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    YOU'RE dellusional.....if Leclerc were to have 2 more DNF's.....then the WDC would most likely be Maxipad's.....he would have a HUGE lead in points.....Sainz would have NO chance at all....

    teh driver that can take teh fight to Max.....IS Chalres....its all coming down to how reliable our DONKEY of an engine would be for the rest of teh season....unless they fix something pretty soon

    get your head out of your a $ $ for once, will ya!!!
    Thank you for proving my point…

    BTW. I never said Sainz would win the WDC If Leclerc had 2 more DNFs.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by pericoloso View Post
    Too many haters on this forum. Who needs trolls?

    There are many reasons why Ferrari signed Sainz and extended his contract. Deal with it.

    Sainz beat Leclerc on his first year at Ferrari. This year his has double the amount of DNFs as Leclerc yet he has more podiums. Many people are demanding that Sainz be made the default #2 driver even though there are 11 races to go and anything can happen.

    If Leclerc were to suffer 2 more DNFs to match Sainz, then it would be very possible for Sainz to match or even surpass Leclerc on points but many of you seem to have developed a hate for Sainz, for whatever reason, and so you constantly express negative, infantile and unfounded comments/insults towards this Ferrari driver…

    It seems to me that you are on this forum just because of a driver not because of the team…

    I haven’t posted anything on this forum for many years because, frankly, there is too much fluff and very little constructive content. Stop criticizing the team. Behavior like that would not get you into ANY professional team, whether it’s in sports, business, technology, etc.

    And why are you also criticizing sponsors? Is there anything wrong with Spanish companies willing to invest in Ferrari? Why don’t you criticize Monegasque sponsors also? Are there any?
    I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but some of what you said questions me :
    Are you related to Brembo?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by pericoloso View Post
    Thank you for proving my point…

    BTW. I never said Sainz would win the WDC If Leclerc had 2 more DNFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but some of what you said questions me :
    Are you related to Brembo?
    Related to me because you looked up the Italian meaning of "Pericoloso" ! Is that why you asked?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Italia
    Posts
    98
    he was fast as hell

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    42
    I could not be more in agreement with Pericoloso

    Carlos beat Charles fair and square in 2021, in his first year at Ferrari.

    So why should Charles be automatically granted 1st driver status?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    I could not be more in agreement with Pericoloso

    Carlos beat Charles fair and square in 2021, in his first year at Ferrari.

    So why should Charles be automatically granted 1st driver status?
    Todos saben porque; pero no dice porque! Look at Carlos and Charles as equal and all will go well. There's no counting #1 points and having to add a " Yea but what if! "

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Todos saben porque; pero no dice porque! Look at Carlos and Charles as equal and all will go well. There's no counting #1 points and having to add a " Yea but what if! "
    It's very simple. The goal in F1 is to earn points and finish with the maximum of them at the end of the season. Sainz beat Lecrerc fair and square in 2021, and that's that. Let's see how the season ends goes before we appoint a Number One in the team...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    It's very simple. The goal in F1 is to earn points and finish with the maximum of them at the end of the season. Sainz beat Lecrerc fair and square in 2021, and that's that. Let's see how the season ends goes before we appoint a Number One in the team...
    With due respect to Carlos, he did not beat Charles fair and square last year, but did have less mechanical issues and more podiums, plus Charles had one DNS and some very unfortunate strategies/bad luck. But I am happy that we have two drivers to fight for the points in equal measure.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,002
    Very well said Wisepie ! Drivers fight for the points in equal measures! Neither driver should have to hear "Let him pass" on the radio.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    With due respect to Carlos, he did not beat Charles fair and square last year, but did have less mechanical issues and more podiums, plus Charles had one DNS and some very unfortunate strategies/bad luck. But I am happy that we have two drivers to fight for the points in equal measure.
    Of course. Leclerc ended with less points because he had very bad luck and Carlos did not.

    Come one. Grow up.

    The point system is there to decide who is better and that's the one who gets more points.
    Last edited by Portago; 1st August 2022 at 18:44.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Italia
    Posts
    98
    he is incredibly fast lastly, not even faster than Lec, he is faster than Maxipad too

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    Of course. Leclerc ended with less points because he hads very bad luck and Carlos did not.

    Come one. Grow up.

    The point system is there to decide who is better and that's the one who gets more points.
    You admit the reason for Carlos having more points at season's end, so what's your problem. I stated the truth in the first place and you agreed about bad luck for Charles last year, so why do I need to grow up?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    You admit the reason for Carlos having more points at season's end, so what's your problem. I stated the truth in the first place and you agreed about bad luck for Charles last year, so why do I need to grow up?
    It was ironic, dude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    Of course. Leclerc ended with less points because he hads very bad luck and Carlos did not.
    You definitely need to grow up. Grown ups understand irony. You obvioulsy don't.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    It was ironic, dude.



    You definitely need to grow up. Grown ups understand irony. You obvioulsy don't.

    Carlos is not at the level of Charles, that’s all, and Hungary has shown it again, as every race this year
    You might wish Charles was Spanish, but he’s not, Carlos is as strong as Fernando, but he’s not
    How dramatic is that?
    Kwow one thing: Wisepie deserves respect
    Last edited by Gilles; 1st August 2022 at 15:43.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Carlos is not at the level of Charles, that’s all, and Hungary has shown it again, as every race this year
    You might wish Charles was Spanish, but he’s not, Carlos is as strong as Fernando, but he’s not
    How dramatic is that?
    Kwow one thing: Wisepie deserves respect
    It does not matter whether Charles is Spanish or not. He was beaten in 2021 by Carlos on points awarded on their performance on the track.

    This year, as ever, I will decide who is the better of the two based on the points earned at the end of the season. Lecrerc is looking better, but only just. He is too prone to make mistakes under pressure, IMO.

    As to Wisepie, respect is earned, not granted...
    Last edited by Portago; 1st August 2022 at 18:45.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    892
    Charles lost the car by pushing a lot, but even that is not certain, Mercedes asks the Fia to check the Ferrari throttle, because they think it was not responding to the driver because it is illegal
    From the beginning of the season, Charles had many great battles with Max
    Carlos went straight on the gravel in no time the first time he was in the lead, when he saw Max in his mirrors!
    Preasure, did you say?

  29. #29
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,002
    Carlos is for sure right up there with any driver you name. And maybe better. A top reliable car for sure would help!!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Carlos is for sure right up there with any driver you name. And maybe better. A top reliable car for sure would help!!

    Let the points at the end of the season decide who is better

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •