Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2022 French Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mercs with another upgrade package here, expecting to close the gap to RB & Ferrari.

I don’t know what is this budget cap mean?

Mercs is the only team who brought major upgrades since start of the season.
    Well if the cost cap works, it would mean they will have no upgrades in the second half of a season, while we will continue to improve the car. If not, there is something shady going on in that team (nothing new) and it should be checked.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well if the cost cap works, it would mean they will have no upgrades in the second half of a season, while we will continue to improve the car. If not, there is something shady going on in that team (nothing new) and it should be checked.
    It's not that simple, it's how you optimise resources and how much you spent in the initial project hence how much you have to spend in upgrades.
    There isn't a specific budget for upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    It's not that simple, it's how you optimise resources and how much you spent in the initial project hence how much you have to spend in upgrades.
    There isn't a specific budget for upgrades.
    Cost are based on the labor of the engineers and design team, and all top teams are paying comparable salary rates. One team might be able to afford one upgrade package more, but Mercedes have been bringing expensive parts almost every race, while keeping in my mind that also brought two concept designs to early season testing to start with.

They're clearly just going to cook the books. It's what high paid accountants do. Those accountants can literally take tens of millions, and make it look like chump change. They do it for rich people to avoid paying taxes all the time. It's no thing for them.

Binotto brought attention to how much Mercedes and Red Bull are spending, so they can't turn around and complain if Ferrari do the same in kind.

Ferrari are developing there car nicely they have a measured and well managed process happening, I can probably align it with mercedes more than redbull.As fans we can only assume and purely speculate as to what actually transpires back at maranello.Fi is a very secretive business always has been always will be, so for a team like ferrari to state one thing to the media and to do the complete opposite is not out of cont andext.A curve ball here and there keeps all guessing from the fans to the opposition.More importantly do not critise the ferrari organisation on what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong, they are a lot smarter than you and I combined.They are the masters of there craft.

So, is this in relation to the new TD that will be introduced at the Belgium GP ?

Or is it simply Ferrari just improving their floor ??

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...wE_4aotOF4R4ZI
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    So, is this in relation to the new TD that will be introduced at the Belgium GP ?

Could be both..lets see how this performs in FP1-2

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Could be both..lets see how this performs in FP1-2
    Lets hope it's the latter

Since it looks to have to do with the increase of the air volume under the floor, it seems to be more about improved aero (more dnf from the floor).
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Since it looks to have to do with the increase of the air volume under the floor, it seems to be more about improved aero (more dnf from the floor).

Guess we'll see how they perform in FP1 & 2.......That should indicate where we stand. But i hear only CL will have this new floor. CS will carry on with the old one.

Guess we'll see how they perform in FP1 & 2.......That should indicate where we stand. But i hear only CL will have this new floor. CS will carry on with the old one.
    No. The FP1&2 will not be representative for a while, due to our reliability issues. We run much lower settings to protect the engines.
    Since reliability problems have become more frequent, Binotto himself stated that the management of the engines of the Maranello team would have been modified in terms of parameters, trying in some way to extend the life of the engines in the short term, with the aim of optimize mileage. In fact, for a few weeks now, Ferrari has been using less horsepower during free practice sessions, even going so far as to weaken its unit by at least 20 hp, precisely to subject the units to less degradation, even those used today for Friday rotations.
    From F1UNO.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Another Ferrari New floor arrived just an hour ago

@Formula_uno

Upgrades French GP:

Mercedes: Floor Edge, Front Brake Ducts

Red Bull: Floor Fences, Rear Brake Winglets

Ferrari: Floor (front/mid & diffuser)

McLaren: Rear Wing Endplate, Sidepods, Engone Cover, Cooling Louvres, Floor & Diffuser, Rear Brake Ducts

Alpine: Floor (strakes & fences)

Alpha Tauri: Floor (fences, edge, diffuser), Engine Cover

Aston Martin: Floor Edge

Williams: Floor (forward mounting)

Alfa Romeo: Rear Brake deflector

Haas: Nothing

#AMus

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    No. The FP1&2 will not be representative for a while, due to our reliability issues. We run much lower settings to protect the engines.
    I'd think they would do that for Carlos Saiz, But not Leclerc, as they'd want to see if the parts do make a difference. Why bring upgrades of this magnitude only for us to detune and conserve our engines ?

oh, what a WONDERFUL sight the timesheet with one name missing, could this please be the beginning of the future?

I'm not confident

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    oh, what a WONDERFUL sight the timesheet with one name missing, could this please be the beginning of the future?

Yip, Agreed

Charles never ceases to impress me.

What do you have against Bottas?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    What do you have against Bottas?

wrong missing name!!!!

wrong missing name!!!!
    I know... just busting chops.

Somehow we were super slow on the "long runs" compared to RB. Hopefully just a friday engine spec and dirty track.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Somehow we were super slow on the "long runs" compared to RB. Hopefully just a friday engine spec and dirty track.
    I actually like seeing Ferrari downplaying FP1 it makes me think they are the ones playing with other teams instead of the reverse...

Sainz was about 20 kph slower on the back straight than Verstappen on the TV measurement so yeah definitely very low engine modes for the heavy fuel run.

The updates are working. Car is very fast in twisty bits and not losing any time on the straights when the DRS is not open.

to note also, we have engine issues... so, why stress the engine unnecessarily in practises....

Ohhh com’n it’s just FP1 & they need to evaluate new bits & pieces they brought here.

Saturday FP3 & Quali will give good reference.

I feel pretty confident unless reliability issues.

M-M-H or M-H-H will be an interesting choice for the race. Can't see a one-stopper working out in these temperatures with S3 the way it is.

I have said this before ferrari now have the fastest f1 package and I could not give sushi as to what the Honda people say.The ferrari is strong on all circuits I expect a great performance from the team.