Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    leclerc doesn't have updated ERS system, he will have it probably in SPA.

probably this is the reason, sainz is faster than him for now
    Sainz neither has an updated ERS.
    It was just that Lec had more tire issues in Q3 on these conditions.
    Particular he had troubles with the front left.
    This happens.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Is there a glitch with forum ? Everyone with 2 posts at the same time now

I will be happy if we win this one with either car.
    I think they were over confident about their pace and somehow they managed to loose the front row lock out.

I am not very confident for the race, at least for Charles. I could see a 1-2 only if one of them passes GR on lap 1.
    But I can also see Leclerc out or passed by Norris/Alonso...

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I don't see why we need to write off the WDC.
    If anything, we are reminded once again that RB car isn't bulletproof either, and Max's lead can quickly come down if he's unlucky.

We just need to take advantage of bad RB days like these. So yes, we need to do everything we can to ensure Charles capitalize on this weekend
    We're not coming back from 63 points back in the WDC and 80 down in the WCC. IDK why some of you are thinking this is at all possible.

We'll be lucky to stay ahead of the Silver Douchebags at this rate.

Can't blame the car or team for today. This was on the drivers. Neither of them were hooking up the best laps possible, and kept making mistakes. For all the crap people have given Sainz (including myself), he's been the more emotionally stable driver since Monaco.

Not good at all. Track position is key here, and if you think Russell isn't going to drive as dirty as any other Mercedes driver in history to keep the lead, you're fooling yourself. But worse than that is the current team atmosphere at Ferrari is so chaotic, I worry about Sainz and Leclerc colliding, instead of taking the 2-3 result if it is the best that can be achieved. I especially worry about Leclerc's emotional state right now, and I worry we'll be hearing him scream on the radio if some crap goes down. And of course, reliability and strategy.

I'll be honest, at France, I was expecting something to happen. I couldn't bare to watch. I kept just skipping forward every few minutes on the F1TV replay, waiting for Leclerc's number to suddenly drop to the bottom of the running order, and sure enough it happened. I think I'll take the same strategy tomorrow.

Can't blame the car or team for today. This was on the drivers. Neither of them were hooking up the best laps possible, and kept making mistakes. For all the crap people have given Sainz (including myself), he's been the more emotionally stable driver since Monaco.

Not good at all. Track position is key here, and if you think Russell isn't going to drive as dirty as any other Mercedes driver in history to keep the lead, you're fooling yourself. But worse than that is the current team atmosphere at Ferrari is so chaotic, I worry about Sainz and Leclerc colliding, instead of taking the 2-3 result if it is the best that can be achieved. I especially worry about Leclerc's emotional state right now, and I worry we'll be hearing him scream on the radio if some crap goes down. And of course, reliability and strategy.

I'll be honest, at France, I was expecting something to happen. I couldn't bare to watch. I kept just skipping forward every few minutes on the F1TV replay, waiting for Leclerc's number to suddenly drop to the bottom of the running order, and sure enough it happened. I think I'll take the same strategy tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Any weather prediction ? Will it be higher or lower tomorrow compared to today ?
    Attachment 8070

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You agreed with me that Merc were miles off us, then they get a lucky pole and you spit your dummy out and go after me.

Bizarre behaviour.
    I agree that they will be miles away tomorrow if Charles and Carlos can pass them. What happened today is a prime example of what I was talking about but you want to deflect because you can’t admit that you are constantly wrong.

Merc has consistently swooped in when Ferrari screw something up. In doing so, they have earned more points in the last half dozen races than Ferrari have. If Ferrari keep screwing up, there is a likelihood that Merc may pass Ferrari in the points. Having two cars constantly score 3-4 is more points than one car scoring P2 and the other DNFing.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I agree that they will be miles away tomorrow if Charles and Carlos can pass them. What happened today is a prime example of what I was talking about but you want to deflect because you can’t admit that you are constantly wrong.

Merc has consistently swooped in when Ferrari screw something up. In doing so, they have earned more points in the last half dozen races than Ferrari have. If Ferrari keep screwing up, there is a likelihood that Merc may pass Ferrari in the points. Having two cars constantly score 3-4 is more points than one car scoring P2 and the other DNFing.
    but the only reason Merc is here sniffing for poles is because of FIA assistance and a blatant disregard for any budget cap

but the only reason Merc is here sniffing for poles is because of FIA assistance and a blatant disregard for any budget cap

I want to get excited about a possible 1-2 but I'm very very wary of Russell on pole, Merc drivers are more than happy to shove people off the track.
    I'll be crossing my fingers and toes and hoping Carlos and Charles get past with no issues.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

you do get drs down the main straight, and with our traction out of that last corner, i like our ability to get passed ONE car that should be atleast half a second a lap slower or more

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    And it's on Ferrari for not either demanding an investigation into Mercedes budget, or disregarding the budget themselves. Binotto got so focused on Red Bull's budget, he alienated would could've been an ally against Mercedes, and what has been much more clear breach of the regulations.

The obvious thing for Ferrari to do tomorrow strategy wise is to 1)Not collide in the first corner, and 2) Split strategies. Assuming both cars are 2-3, split the strategies. Stay within the undercut window.

Which is yet another Ferrari failure.

If I’m fact Merc is ignoring the budget cap, it would be exactly as I predicted. It’s nearly impossible for the FIA to audit every last penny in a company as big as Merc. There is zero incentive to stick with the budget cap. As much as we hate Merc I can’t fault them for doing everything they can to win. Ferrari should be doing the same. Lobbying, protesting, strong arming the FIA etc. And they should absolutely ignore the cost cap as I am almost certain Merc and RBR are.

If I’m fact Merc is ignoring the budget cap, it would be exactly as I predicted. It’s nearly impossible for the FIA to audit every last penny in a company as big as Merc. There is zero incentive to stick with the budget cap. As much as we hate Merc I can’t fault them for doing everything they can to win. Ferrari should be doing the same. Lobbying, protesting, strong arming the FIA etc. And they should absolutely ignore the cost cap as I am almost certain Merc and RBR are.

This. 100%

Mercedes have found themselves struggling. e. So, the designers and engineers were told to develop and throw everything at the car possible, budget be damned. And, they lobbied and threatened the FIA successfully to issue TD's in their favor, and are close to get the rules for next year changed to better fit them, too.

Ferrari simply don't have the balls that Mercedes and Red Bull do when it comes to politics and the desire to win at all costs.

This. 100%

Mercedes have found themselves struggling. e. So, the designers and engineers were told to develop and throw everything at the car possible, budget be damned. And, they lobbied and threatened the FIA successfully to issue TD's in their favor, and are close to get the rules for next year changed to better fit them, too.

Ferrari simply don't have the balls that Mercedes and Red Bull do when it comes to politics and the desire to win at all costs.

I did not expect that lol

Sucks that Ferrari didn't get a front row lock out. If I were a gambler, I would have bet on a Ferrari 1-2. But give credit to Russell, he put in a killer lap for his first pole. Hopefully Mercedes race pace stinks. Verstappen in P10 gives some hope for Leclerc's championship.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    This. 100%

if that is indeed what is playing out then too bad, F1 is about to lose viewers. After last year they are only a small step above WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Indeed we can secure a 1-2 here with Charles winning and both titles are still there for us.
    Why NOT Carlos winning, yiu got something against him Greig

Why there are always some guys that are seeing thing's more exaggerated then they are?? Better or worse???
    When we win there are some that speak like we won the championship.When we lose others bashing the team like they are the worst!!!!
    Now we lost the pole for 0,044s from a Merc and some of you are talking like they tlhy have genuinely pass us on pure performance in a regular way!!!It's Mercedes the previous 8!! times world champions, everybody expects them to recover sometime and the are late already. But 1 pole on a track where we probably had some tire troubles due to the conditions doesn't say anything for now. The Mercs themselves don't know how they found that speed.
    And if the results where opposites with our main competitors (RedBull) ,you would totally humiliate the team (1st Sainz in the place of Perez of being incapable of setting a time to pass in Q3 and then the team for another problem that cost Lec-> Ves the opportunity to fight for the pole) and that the RedBulls just had some tire problems and still they are 2-3. But now you are still try to find something bad to say about the team. Again guys those is not a constructive criticism but it becomes some kind of sick hatennes for the team. Even if we win you will find something bad to say for the team. Only if we dominate you will except it. But this is not a true support for the team
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I did not expect that lol

Sucks that Ferrari didn't get a front row lock out. If I were a gambler, I would have bet on a Ferrari 1-2. But give credit to Russell, he put in a killer lap for his first pole. Hopefully Mercedes race pace stinks. Verstappen in P10 gives some hope for Leclerc's championship.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Why NOT Carlos winning, yiu got something against him Greig
    Well I dint have anything against Sainz ,but I agree with Greig and I also want Lec for the win. Simply because he is the one that gives me the hope that we could have a slightly chance of fighting for the championship ( wdc) .All this front what I haveĺ seeing from both the drivers ALL these years. Now if Sainz manage to outperform Lec in regular basis I will change my mind because I always want the better / faster driver to win so he can collect the most points. Again till now Lec has proven to be that guy. That doesn't mean that he won't lose from Sainz in 2-3 races. Max has lost some to Perez and Ham has from Bottas. The key is to do it consistently!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well I dint have anything against Sainz ,but I agree with Greig and I also want Lec for the win. Simply because he is the one that gives me the hope that we could have a slightly chance of fighting for the championship ( wdc) .All this front what I haveĺ seeing from both the drivers ALL these years. Now if Sainz manage to outperform Lec in regular basis I will change my mind because I always want the better / faster driver to win so he can collect the most points. Again till now Lec has proven to be that guy. That doesn't mean that he won't lose from Sainz in 2-3 races. Max has lost some to Perez and Ham has from Bottas. The key is to do it consistently!!!!
    good points

Sainz for the win. GR second and Charles 3rd. The rest, who cares...Bottom line, both championships are already lost but we'll win a few more races.

Attack from the word go screw being conservative put that mercedes under pressure from the get go.Nice formula 1 drivers finish runner up always.Get that mungrel under your belt lads and come out swinging hard.

Just woke up, and it looks like November, not 31st of july! It is just 18C, wind is blowing, and the sky is dark like it is going to be armagedon.
    Attachment 8071
    Last edited by stefa; 31st July 2022 at 05:20.

it’s good if even maintained that 2-3 position at the start. We can get Russell later at some point through under cut.
    Don’t loose position at the start either to Norris or especially Alonso whom it’s difficult to get through.

it’s good if even maintained that 2-3 position at the start. We can get Russell later at some point through under cut.
    Don’t loose position at the start either to Norris or especially Alonso whom it’s difficult to get through.