Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I think they pitted Charles for hards because they considered a conservative strategy to finish the race on those tires. They thought of doing less pit stops because overtaking is usually extremely difficult on this circuit. Track position is king on this circuit but for some reason it wasn't the case today. Binotto is partially right, the car didn't have the pace to win, but it surely had the pace to finish at least 3rd and 4th. They threw away a podium due to bad strategy and slow pit stops.
    The car had the pace for the win or at worst P2, Charles was the fastest man on track in the first 2 stint and he had the freshest tyres on top 6. Track position on Hungary is always overated. We see how much easy the passing today. Hell even back in 2019 , in the era cars that harder to follow, Hamilton and Mercedes beat Max by being aggressive in strategy and passing on track. The hard was rubbish today, from KMag to the Alpine to Danny Ric, none of those hards were working, yet those clowns at the pitwall thought that was a good tyre...

I think they pitted Charles for hards because they considered a conservative strategy to finish the race on those tires. They thought of doing less pit stops because overtaking is usually extremely difficult on this circuit. Track position is king on this circuit but for some reason it wasn't the case today. Binotto is partially right, the car didn't have the pace to win, but it surely had the pace to finish at least 3rd and 4th. They threw away a podium due to bad strategy and slow pit stops.
    The car had the pace for the win or at worst P2, Charles was the fastest man on track in the first 2 stint and he had the freshest tyres on top 6. Track position on Hungary is always overated. We see how much easy the passing today. Hell even back in 2019 , in the era cars that harder to follow, Hamilton and Mercedes beat Max by being aggressive in strategy and passing on track. The hard was rubbish today, from KMag to the Alpine to Danny Ric, none of those hards were working, yet those clowns at the pitwall thought that was a good tyre...

Well the car on Lec until he pit was the fastest and on newer tires from all. If they made the logical call and pitted late for softs, he could fight for the win (as he would be on fresher softs to Ves older mediums) or in worst case scenario he would finish 2nd. But they opted to go with a tire that they saw that the ones who put them on where seriously slow!!! And the track might be difficult for overtakes ,BUT we saw today many overtakes o track ,and even Lec made one . There is NO excuse at all in today's strategy (as in Silverstone )
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well the car on Lec until he pit was the fastest and on newer tires from all. If they made the logical call and pitted late for softs, he could fight for the win (as he would be on fresher softs to Ves older mediums) or in worst case scenario he would finish 2nd. But they opted to go with a tire that they saw that the ones who put them on where seriously slow!!! And the track might be difficult for overtakes ,BUT we saw today many overtakes o track ,and even Lec made one . There is NO excuse at all in today's strategy (as in Silverstone )
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Yet again this race is proof that our team seems to be perfecting "snatching defeat from
    the jaws of victory". WTH is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    Why is Lecrerc to be the #1 driver? He has been faster than Sainz so far this season, but he has made costly mistakes. And Sainz beat him in 2021.
    The season is very long and what counts is how they both end in points.
    Sainz hasn't beat Leclerc on pure pace or racecraft not even once this season. Are you forgetting all those times where Sainz emulated his father by swimming in the gravel trap? You are either blind or must be smoking some high quality opioids to even suggest that Sainz even remotely has WDC winning pace. The lad couldn't even hold off Mercedes while Leclerc put close to a 6 second gap on them easily. Even in Silverstone, Leclerc drove circles around Sainz until Ferrari handed the win to him on a silver platter by not pitting.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Another chapter in the strategic fiasco book....
    Why start inventing when you are comfortably in the lead and only have a few opponents to cover. Alpine clearly showed that the hard tires were not working.

then they should have done like soft-medium-medium, (like rb did for max) not like medium-medium-hard as they did

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    They did in 2012. They lost the title because they idiots could not understand that Webber pitted because he touched the bloody wall.
    What did they learn from this?

Absolutely nothing.
    ...and 10 years has passed

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Go home you donkey drunk
    Anyone can see your lack of arguments when you resort to insulting your opponent.

I trust the administrators of this forum will take note. But in any case, note that he who offends is the one that can do it, not the one who wants to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari mistakes this race:
    1. First not let Charles through Saniz at the first stint, where he was completely dominating would have challenged Russel & passed him. Wasted too many laps behind Saniz who wasn’t able to overtake Russel.

2. Pitting Saniz too early on mediums. Not sure then what is the use of starting on Mediums

3. Pit stops horrible (Saniz)

4. Bringing Charles in for Hards (note: he was doing excellent lap times)

Not sure what we’re ferrari strategy team aiming at?
    Answer to your last question. Just to fudge up!

Goodbye, you're the next on my ignore list
    Excellent. Please do

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Sainz hasn't beat Leclerc on pure pace or racecraft not even once this season. Are you forgetting all those times where Sainz emulated his father by swimming in the gravel trap? You are either blind or must be smoking some high quality opioids to even suggest that Sainz even remotely has WDC winning pace. The lad couldn't even hold off Mercedes while Leclerc put close to a 6 second gap on them easily. Even in Silverstone, Leclerc drove circles around Sainz until Ferrari handed the win to him on a silver platter by not pitting.
    It seems to me that a few of the posters in this forum regard their own tastes as the best way to ascertain which driver is the better one. Well, it's not. Its the point system hte one that decides who is the better driver. Sainz ended 2021 with 164.5 points, 5.5 more than Lecrerc.

And yes, Lecrerc started the 2021 season in better form than Sainz, but that preceived superiority has not translated into a great advantage in points. At this time, Lecrerc leads Sainz by 22 points, which is less than a race win. That to me does not justify that Lecrerc should be awarded the #1 spot in the team and the privilege of having Sainz work for his championship. Ferrari apparently shares my opinion.

Obviously this would be entirely different if there was just one race to go.... but there are still 250 points in contention...

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    Another chapter in the strategic fiasco book....
    Why start inventing when you are comfortably in the lead and only have a few opponents to cover. Alpine clearly showed that the hard tires were not working.
    Absolutely right... I was watching Spanish TV and Pedro de la Rosa was exclaiming.... they will surely NOT pit Lecrerc for hards... and they did! Unbelievable....

No one would do to their enemy what Ferrari does to Leclerc.

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Whoever decided this strategy needs fired tonight.
    And we all know it will not happen... sadly...

Binotto the Roberto Baggio of F1

It seems to me that a few of the posters in this forum regard their own tastes as the best way to ascertain which driver is the better one. Well, it's not. Its the point system hte one that decides who is the better driver. Sainz ended 2021 with 164.5 points, 5.5 more than Lecrerc.

And yes, Lecrerc started the 2021 season in better form than Sainz, but that preceived superiority has not translated into a great advantage in points. At this time, Lecrerc leads Sainz by 22 points, which is less than a race win. That to me does not justify that Lecrerc should be awarded the #1 spot in the team and the privilege of having Sainz work for his championship. Ferrari apparently shares my opinion.

Obviously this would be entirely different if there was just one race to go.... but there are still 250 points in contention...
    Well yea, if Ferrari ruin 5-6 more races for Leclerc Sainz COULD end up ahead. If I was him though, Id try to actually be faster for a single race in season and then to from there, because he is getting killed on pace.

This is the most ridiculous statement I have read in a long time. So, according to you, Ferrari's strategy is to destroy Lecrerc's races and maximize the result for Sainz.

Well done. I think we need people like you to run the team....
    I guess you have a much better explanation for those horrible decisions, or the fact that they refuse to ask Sainz to move over when he clearly can't go faster! Or the fact that the pitted Sainz (in GB and Hungary) in order to avoid to make this call...
    Mind you, I really like Carlos.

Ferrari could not organise a good drink at a pub.They always have excuses as to why things have gone terribly wrong, until they start mia colpa they will continue to fail badly. I can only imagine what is going through Charles and sainz heads to young gun drivers being crusified by a team which is being directed by a blind person.This is totally unexceptionable and heads must roll enough is enough seriously I wonder what the other teams are thinking. Ferrari get of the vino you are killing the drivers and f1.To add insult to injury max won with a wounded car how bad is Ferrari.Enjoy your summer break and pick up where you left off failing miserably for the remainder of the season.miricles happen but not this time.

i agree

But if that's their thought process, we needed to extend that first stint on the mediums. I thought that too at first but i was puzzled as soon as they pitted a lap after the soft tyre runners.

The car should have been faster, so now i don't know how much of our pace on Friday was due to us being on a warmer weather setup, and the the other teams with a better race setup. That's where the weekend really went wrong but it was still salvagable.

at times he was fastest, the win was on the cards only because of the way qualifying shaked out

but also, yes passing is possible, but remember we went with a high downforce setup, we can't overtake as easily as the Red Fools still. This still needs improvement and will actually help us make strategy decisions ( i hope ) because it will remove the hesistence to pursue a strategy where you need to make on track overtakes.

Which makes the decision to pit early even more stupid because the moment they pitted Leclerc, he was pulling away.
    What better thing to do but build a gap and then just nurse the tires until the end?

Which makes the decision to pit early even more stupid because the moment they pitted Leclerc, he was pulling away.
    What better thing to do but build a gap and then just nurse the tires until the end?
    well he still had to do a stint on either softs or hards, he would have to switch to softs and do on track passing

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    Unless Leclerc has signed to another team already and Ferrari knows it.

I guess you have a much better explanation for those horrible decisions, or the fact that they refuse to ask Sainz to move over when he clearly can't go faster! Or the fact that the pitted Sainz (in GB and Hungary) in order to avoid to make this call...
    Mind you, I really like Carlos.
    It's very easy to look faster than your teammate when you are trailing him and taking advantage of the DRS. If it were that easy the would have been team orders in every race. But it's not that simple. Unlike some of the opinions that I read in this forum, Ferrari is not run by a bunch of clowns. Errors can be made, though

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    well he still had to do a stint on either softs or hards, he would have to switch to softs and do on track passing
    Eh? He was leading. And increasing his distance. Why would he need to pass anyone?

Please be serious.
    You are faster when you build a gap of 6 seconds having already pass the guy in front of your teammate.

Carlos was nowhere today.
    In France he was mega and strategy pulled him back from the podium.
    I have no issue to admit his great drives, but seriously he is not faster or better than Leclerc