Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31

Thread: Predictions for the rest of the 2022 season

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,635

    Predictions for the rest of the 2022 season

    So here's how it will go down for Charles:

    Belgium: engine change. Finishes P6 not enough chaos ahead to help. Winner: Verstappen.

    Holland: pole, then gets overtaken by soft tyres on Verstappen's car early. When trying to undercut they drop a second and he falls short. Then loses deployment at the end and becomes a sitting duck to the silver taxis. P4. Winner: Verstappen.

    Italy: pole but gets undercut by Verstappen after a sticky wheelnut leads to a 5 second stop. P2. Winner: Verstappen.

    Singapore: pole by 0.4 seconds. Leads the race in dominant fashion when a flash thunderstorm hits after he just passed the pit entry. Then acquaplans before the red flag comes out as Verstappen safely hits the pits because he was behind the pit entry. DNF. Winner: Verstappen.

    Japan: pole and for once a smooth day at the office until... oh not the engine again with ten laps to go! DNF. Winner: Verstappen.

    USA: engine change penalty. Flawless race to P5. Winner: Verstappen.

    Mexico: P2 on the grid, takes the start initially but gets forced off the track by Verstappen and gets wing damage. No action taken by the stewards. P5. Winner: Verstappen.

    Brazil: P5 on the grid after Mercedes are flying. Gets orders to long-stint it out on a track where track position means nothing so falls back to P6. Winner: Verstappen.

    Abu Dhabi: P3 on the grid. Finally a flawless race but the car isn't fast enough because the budget cap was followed #ForTheGoodOfTheSport P4 finish. Winner: Hamilton.

    Sky cream themselves to sleep and Charles finishes P4 in the WDC in spite of by far the most poles.

    Sainz? Meh I don't have enough spare time for that!

    Saved everyone a lot of time to the end of the season thank me later

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Italia
    Posts
    98
    if verstappen starts at the end of the grid till end of the season in the all remaining races i mean, he will still win the championship. everything is over for us in this year. we will keep messing up till end of the season. Merc will finish the championship above us
    Last edited by stasera; 31st July 2022 at 15:48.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,753
    Only one line is needed - Ferrari will lose second place in the Constructor Championship

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    30,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    So here's how it will go down for Charles:

    Belgium: engine change. Finishes P6 not enough chaos ahead to help. Winner: Verstappen.

    Holland: pole, then gets overtaken by soft tyres on Verstappen's car early. When trying to undercut they drop a second and he falls short. Then loses deployment at the end and becomes a sitting duck to the silver taxis. P4. Winner: Verstappen.

    Italy: pole but gets undercut by Verstappen after a sticky wheelnut leads to a 5 second stop. P2. Winner: Verstappen.

    Singapore: pole by 0.4 seconds. Leads the race in dominant fashion when a flash thunderstorm hits after he just passed the pit entry. Then acquaplans before the red flag comes out as Verstappen safely hits the pits because he was behind the pit entry. DNF. Winner: Verstappen.

    Japan: pole and for once a smooth day at the office until... oh not the engine again with ten laps to go! DNF. Winner: Verstappen.

    USA: engine change penalty. Flawless race to P5. Winner: Verstappen.

    Mexico: P2 on the grid, takes the start initially but gets forced off the track by Verstappen and gets wing damage. No action taken by the stewards. P5. Winner: Verstappen.

    Brazil: P5 on the grid after Mercedes are flying. Gets orders to long-stint it out on a track where track position means nothing so falls back to P6. Winner: Verstappen.

    Abu Dhabi: P3 on the grid. Finally a flawless race but the car isn't fast enough because the budget cap was followed #ForTheGoodOfTheSport P4 finish. Winner: Hamilton.

    Sky cream themselves to sleep and Charles finishes P4 in the WDC in spite of by far the most poles.

    Sainz? Meh I don't have enough spare time for that!

    Saved everyone a lot of time to the end of the season thank me later
    Only thing missing is putting inters on when the track is dry because it might rain....

    p.s we have already done this in the past...
    Forza Ferrari

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,645
    there are 3 things i want to see for the rest of the season so we can feel better about next year

    1. bulletproof reliability
    2. a change in leadership on the strategy department
    3. more remedies for the straight line speed performance

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,065
    4 things will happen with this team

    1) DNF
    2) Driver error
    3) Pit Strategy Error
    4) 2 & 3

    That's all the predictions you need to know going forward.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    225
    Ver WDC
    RB WCC

    in Constructors 1. RB, 2. MB, 3. Ferrari
    Last edited by Honzus; 31st July 2022 at 18:53.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,815
    How can you compare Redbull team Horner and marko plus there departments to binotto and co.Thats a slam dunk right there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Only thing missing is putting inters on when the track is dry because it might rain....

    p.s we have already done this in the past...
    Yeah the ice cream race. Don't give Rueda any ideas though

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Only thing missing is putting inters on when the track is dry because it might rain....

    p.s we have already done this in the past...
    Yeah the ice cream race. Don't give Rueda any ideas though

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    14,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Only thing missing is putting inters on when the track is dry because it might rain....

    p.s we have already done this in the past...
    Oh I remeber that...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    234
    ps, to all those lambasting Italians in the Ferrari team, what nationality is Rueda?????

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    there are 3 things i want to see for the rest of the season so we can feel better about next year

    1. bulletproof reliability
    2. a change in leadership on the strategy department
    3. more remedies for the straight line speed performance
    Pretty much covered it. And to add to this, a change in the structure diagram so Binotto does not have all authority any more. If Elkaan does not wish to change his position (at least for now), have someone next to him. Share authorities - I don't know. This way, if there comes a time when Binotto needs to change place , there will be a guy available to be TP.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,771
    Τhey will give Lec the rest of the season off ,bacause he is making them look what @@@@@ they are, infront of the whole world ,with his rerformance and them trying Sainz to look better then he is . So we migt fight for 4th place in the WCC!!!
    WDC ??? What is this ?? Are we competing in this too?????!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,771
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Oh I remeber that...
    And Kimi also . He really liked that ice cream !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Only thing missing is putting inters on when the track is dry because it might rain....

    p.s we have already done this in the past...
    Yes we have done everything that is negative.
    Charles needs to say no when called in early if his tyres are ok.


    Forza Jules

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,426
    In the 2nd half I expect pit strategy to be excellent in a way that
    They put 2 soft tyres for the front & 2 hard tyres rear end. Mattia saying “ our simulation data shows Soft tyres gives 25L & Hard tyres give another 25L” by which we are complying to mandatory tyre usage policy set by FIA.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,012
    If Ferrari gives Carlos a true top car best they can, he is super determined to be the WDC! He has what it takes driver wise. THE CAR !!! Has to be flawless best they can make it. If there's any team orders which I hope not; let Charles move over for Carlos.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,131
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    In the 2nd half I expect pit strategy to be excellent in a way that
    They put 2 soft tyres for the front & 2 hard tyres rear end. Mattia saying “ our simulation data shows Soft tyres gives 25L & Hard tyres give another 25L” by which we are complying to mandatory tyre usage policy set by FIA.
    lmao....but hey, if we can't have a dig at the Ferrari pit wall incompetence....
    i'm personally hoping taht some changes will be made over the summer break as these below par decisions cannot continue like this

    boy oh boy do i miss Sergio Marchione....may he rest in peace....he would NEVER allow this kind of mediocre decisions and bunch of clowns that teh Ferrari pit wall seem to be

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,426
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    lmao....but hey, if we can't have a dig at the Ferrari pit wall incompetence....
    i'm personally hoping taht some changes will be made over the summer break as these below par decisions cannot continue like this

    boy oh boy do i miss Sergio Marchione....may he rest in peace....he would NEVER allow this kind of mediocre decisions and bunch of clowns that teh Ferrari pit wall seem to be
    You are expecting a lot. But it will not happen

    Mattia Binotto:

    “For Ferrari, the first part of the season can only be positive.”

    “In 13 races, we only failed one race. In others, we did not win for various reasons.”

    “At times, they were frustrating and we deserved better, but in 12/13 races, we fought for victory.”

    The championships are mathematically still open. You can’t say that we are out of it.”

    “However, we must analyse what happened in Hungary. If we understand this, we can be competitive again.”

    “We have to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”


    So analysis is still going on? Ridiculous.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    892
    I think Binotto’s just early senile

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,131
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    You are expecting a lot. But it will not happen

    Mattia Binotto:

    “For Ferrari, the first part of the season can only be positive.”

    “In 13 races, we only failed one race. In others, we did not win for various reasons.”

    “At times, they were frustrating and we deserved better, but in 12/13 races, we fought for victory.”

    The championships are mathematically still open. You can’t say that we are out of it.”

    “However, we must analyse what happened in Hungary. If we understand this, we can be competitive again.”

    “We have to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”


    So analysis is still going on? Ridiculous.
    this GUY is either out to lunch OR he's jsut plain D U M B....which is hard to believe since he;s a brilliant engineer when doing work around the factory

    why they didn't start on SOFTS like merc snd red fools did is beyond me....and WHY use the hard tire when clearly they did NOT even test it in practice as well as they know that their car likes it better when really warm trak temps.....so WHY EVEN CONSIDER THE HARD TIRE????

    all they had to do ( at least with Charles) let him longer on those 2 stints on Mediums and then near teh end with 18 or so laps to go slap a set of softs to the end....

    even if he wouldn't have won the race, at least he would have come in second.....

    but yeah, this clown Matia would NEVER admit he did something wrong....always blame the car's pace which clearly in CHarles hands was pretty competitive UNTIL they put HARD tires on....

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    30,845
    Lewis started on mediums also....
    Forza Ferrari

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Lewis started on mediums also....
    And they stuck with that strategy without reacting to what others did, and it got him a 2nd place. Ferrari could have and should have done the same, and would have been in an even better spot since Leclerc preserved his mediums in opening stint and went a little bit longer.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,815
    Binotto always analysis driven, just own the mistakes stronzo the findings will conclude that you and your stronzi pit wall ****ed up continuously now thats the analysis concluded.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    335
    If we end up behind Mercedes and Red Bull, do we have more budget for next year?

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Binotto always analysis driven, just own the mistakes stronzo the findings will conclude that you and your stronzi pit wall ****ed up continuously now thats the analysis concluded.
    you had me in stitches.... haven't heard... stronzo... in a very long time! thank you!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Binotto always analysis driven, just own the mistakes stronzo the findings will conclude that you and your stronzi pit wall ****ed up continuously now thats the analysis concluded.
    LOL.
    As an analyst I will tell you that an analysis is as good as the method you follow and of course the data you use.
    Point being that if for example you use data that are stale (ie. in our case Friday or Saturday data) and do not extrapolate for Sunday weather or track condition, your analysis sucks donkey b*lls.
    If you don't take into account what Pirelli themselves tell you about the hard tyres (ie. don't use them, they're slow as f*ck cause it ... rained the previous night) and you insist on an analysis you made based on a theoritical model taking into account Saturday weather, track condition and what weather you expected on SUNDAY but without the rain of Saturday night, guess what will happen... oh ya, your analysis ... is junk.

    But, our leader believes nothing is wrong with the crew, everything is fine, and so on. Of course, RBR changes their strategy on the fly just before the race based on the info ALL the teams had from Pirelli. But not us, oh no, because...analysis.

    We all know what happened.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    LOL.
    As an analyst I will tell you that an analysis is as good as the method you follow and of course the data you use.
    Point being that if for example you use data that are stale (ie. in our case Friday or Saturday data) and do not extrapolate for Sunday weather or track condition, your analysis sucks donkey b*lls.
    If you don't take into account what Pirelli themselves tell you about the hard tyres (ie. don't use them, they're slow as f*ck cause it ... rained the previous night) and you insist on an analysis you made based on a theoritical model taking into account Saturday weather, track condition and what weather you expected on SUNDAY but without the rain of Saturday night, guess what will happen... oh ya, your analysis ... is junk.

    But, our leader believes nothing is wrong with the crew, everything is fine, and so on. Of course, RBR changes their strategy on the fly just before the race based on the info ALL the teams had from Pirelli. But not us, oh no, because...analysis.

    We all know what happened.

    LOL, this made me laugh! Thanks Aroutis

    But your statement is spot on, I couldn't agree with you more
    Drive it like you stole it!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    LOL.
    As an analyst I will tell you that an analysis is as good as the method you follow and of course the data you use.
    Point being that if for example you use data that are stale (ie. in our case Friday or Saturday data) and do not extrapolate for Sunday weather or track condition, your analysis sucks donkey b*lls.
    If you don't take into account what Pirelli themselves tell you about the hard tyres (ie. don't use them, they're slow as f*ck cause it ... rained the previous night) and you insist on an analysis you made based on a theoritical model taking into account Saturday weather, track condition and what weather you expected on SUNDAY but without the rain of Saturday night, guess what will happen... oh ya, your analysis ... is junk.

    But, our leader believes nothing is wrong with the crew, everything is fine, and so on. Of course, RBR changes their strategy on the fly just before the race based on the info ALL the teams had from Pirelli. But not us, oh no, because...analysis.

    We all know what happened.
    spot on

    Friday should have been an indication, we were so much faster than others, should have been a hint that the others went with a setup geared toward the cooler temperatures for the rest of the weekend. Yes, we knew we should be quick but not THAT much quicker than others.

    but that mistake in and of itself is salvagable. because let's say you are setup for warmer temps and will therefore have a tougher time getting heat into your tyres... why would you ever put on the HARDS!

    so these models don't put track temps into account at all!?!?!! Assetto Corsa does that for crying out loud!

    sometimes teams get it wrong, like apparently Red Bull in Austria, and there Maxipad got bailed out by the safety car and Sainz's DNF. So it's not the wrong setup path that bothers me, it's the inability to react to it properly and just compound your mistakes by not using common sense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •