Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alonso to Aston Martin

Alonso to Aston Martin

Forza Ferrari

Bad career moves, yet another one

Merc teams will be more competitive next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Bad career moves, yet another one
    Clinging on to F1 for multiple more years can hardly be a bad move at that age!!!??
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

This guy just wants to try every team on the grid

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    This guy just wants to try every team on the grid
    But still he is highly rated & one of successful drivers on the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    But still he is highly rated & one of successful drivers on the grid.
    Ocon is beating him.

A backwards step.. how strange!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Ocon is beating him.
    Alonso had a lot of bad luck though.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I definitely imagined him leaving Alpine. Otmar was far too outspoken against him. Aston invested for the long term, building a massive factory/wind tunnel and all, so can't say I am surprised. But since this is Alonso, I think Aston will sink due to him being extremely bad at making career choices.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Ocon is beating him.
    Ocon has benefitted from every single strike of luck this year and yet I bet with you that Alonso will end with more points than him.

Last year Alonso beat the hell out of Ocon

And Ocon is the worst possible teammate I have ever seen. Yesterday he was busy running wide in a corner to block Alonso and leaving the door open to Ricciardo to overtake the pair of them.... Shameful.

I think Alonso:

- Is fed up of being offered just one year contract after driving the hell out of that Alpine, just to warm the seat for the yet unproven Piastri.
    - Is fed up of Ocon's antics

But to me is clearly a bad move.... as usual.

On a different note, *** is Alpine thinking? Piastri and Ocon are going to be any better?

I have a lot of respect for Alonso as a driver, but man, this guy makes the absolute worst career decisions :(
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    Ocon has benefitted from every single strike of luck this year and yet I bet with you that Alonso will end with more points than him.

Last year Alonso beat the hell out of Ocon

And Ocon is the worst possible teammate I have ever seen. Yesterday he was busy running wide in a corner to block Alonso and leaving the door open to Ricciardo to overtake the pair of them.... Shameful.

I think Alonso:

- Is fed up of being offered just one year contract after driving the hell out of that Alpine, just to warm the seat for the yet unproven Piastri.
    - Is fed up of Ocon's antics

But to me is clearly a bad move.... as usual.
    yes you could be right. I would actually like to see Fernando win a race this year, especially now that Ferrari are not fighting for the title, but it probably won't happen.

yes you could be right. I would actually like to see Fernando win a race this year, especially now that Ferrari are not fighting for the title, but it probably won't happen.
    Unfortunately. If there is a guy to be there at the top at least once, that's him

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I definitely imagined him leaving Alpine. Otmar was far too outspoken against him. Aston invested for the long term, building a massive factory/wind tunnel and all, so can't say I am surprised. But since this is Alonso, I think Aston will sink due to him being extremely bad at making career choices.
    How many WDC and WCC did Ferrari win after he left?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I have a lot of respect for Alonso as a driver, but man, this guy makes the absolute worst career decisions :(
    Not when it comes to salary!!

100% Alonso has to be the greatest driver to make the worst decisions that killed his career's success.

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    How many wins and podiums did Alonso achieve after leaving Ferrari? 0 wins and 1 podium in 8 years. If he stayed back, maybe he could've been a better contender than Vettel for 2017 and 2018.

How many wins and podiums did Alonso achieve after leaving Ferrari? 0 wins and 1 podium in 8 years. If he stayed back, maybe he could've been a better contender than Vettel for 2017 and 2018.
    i don't have the slightest doubt that Alonso would have been teh better contender in 17 and 18 for teh WDC....2012 was an example of how WELL his drive was where he put that DONKEY OF FERRARI in places that it did NOT deserve and he almost won in that year

so yeah, HANDS DOWN Alonso would have been 1000% better than Vettel

No driver can endure the dismal performance made possible by incompetent people every week.

I never liked Alonso, especially in light of the Mc debacle on stealing Ferrari IP... but he has won 2 championships, and in my opinion he is doing what he Loves doing, and for those who say bad choices, I say...
    According to Celebrity Net Worth, the Spaniard currently sits on $260 million (£214 million) – so he has not done too badly.

Welcome to F1's Daddys DayCare Center!!!!

Another bad decision in his resume. He went from Alpine (aka Renault) down to the 3rd worst team on the grid.

At least he'll enjoy driving an F1 car and "nursing" junior.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Welcome to F1's Daddys DayCare Center!!!!

Another bad decision in his resume. He went from Alpine (aka Renault) down to the 3rd worst team on the grid.

At least he'll enjoy driving an F1 car and "nursing" junior.
    The new Aston Martin factory/wind tunnel they are building might well improve them....plus they are poaching a lot of staff from others.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    I never liked Alonso, especially in light of the Mc debacle on stealing Ferrari IP... but he has won 2 championships, and in my opinion he is doing what he Loves doing, and for those who say bad choices, I say...
    According to Celebrity Net Worth, the Spaniard currently sits on $260 million (£214 million) – so he has not done too badly.
    Alonso was always going to get paid. But his success has been greatly reduced by his own terrible decisions. He probably should be a 5 time champ, though the 3 titles he didn't win were not necessarily his fault, it's just an example of his success record is well below his talent level. Nobody will ever talk about him being one of the greats because of how much money he has.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Alonso was always going to get paid. But his success has been greatly reduced by his own terrible decisions. He probably should be a 5 time champ, though the 3 titles he didn't win were not necessarily his fault, it's just an example of his success record is well below his talent level. Nobody will ever talk about him being one of the greats because of how much money he has.
    I hear what you saying, but that is your and other fans opinions, I saw Rosberg win one title and say bye bye F1 I have what I want.... it is not the fans opinion that counts here, but what the driver is happy with.... and in my opinion, he is doing exactly what he wants because it makes him happy... yes titles were lost, but again we all know it was NEVER through his incompetence....

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    I hear what you saying, but that is your and other fans opinions, I saw Rosberg win one title and say bye bye F1 I have what I want.... it is not the fans opinion that counts here, but what the driver is happy with.... and in my opinion, he is doing exactly what he wants because it makes him happy... yes titles were lost, but again we all know it was NEVER through his incompetence....
    It sounded like from your original post that Alonso made pretty good decisions based on his Net Worth. I respect his passion to race, and his skills are undeniable. But I think everyone is saying he has ruined the potential of his F1 career because of poor decisions. It's hard to argue that.

That. I respect he loves racing and all that... but Aston Martin, THIS Aston Martin?
    Oh man...
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    How many WDC and WCC did he win WITH Ferrari?
    Quite honestly this is a moot argument.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    The new Aston Martin factory/wind tunnel they are building might well improve them....plus they are poaching a lot of staff from others.
    Can we gift them our strategy folk?