Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 395

Thread: FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAN PREMIO DITALIA 2022 - Race Thread

  1. #331
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah F1 does not have them.....mind you F1 races in the wet and not sit in the pits unlike some other motorsports.
    With regards to F1 and other motorsports................................that's dependent on the amount of rain on the track. It's all relative with regards to rain on the track.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah F1 does not have them.....mind you F1 races in the wet and not sit in the pits unlike some other motorsports.


    You can't race in the wet on ovals, and Indycar, NASCAR, IMSA, Super GT, etc, all race in the wet on road courses.

    Yeah, you strike me as someone that watches
    nothing outside F1.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,083
    So depressing.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Ever heard of a tow truck? Every racing series uses them and seldom ever use big cranes to move a car, even though they bring those, too.
    Car was stuck in gear so towing it wouldn't have worked

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,959
    well i suppose we came out of that better than I feared. I thought we might have been beaten by both Mercs.
    Shame Carlos didnt get 3rd. He drove a great race and deserved better.


    Forza Jules

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,777
    Quote Originally Posted by SB92 View Post
    Why do you hate Sainz so much? Of all the people you choose to scapegoat a driver lol? All good drivers can adjust. Are you even a ferrari fan or just someone like brembo.

    The team's policy towards leclerc should be the least of our worries.
    It’s not hate. I mean he can’t or doesn’t have pace to match Max & Leclerc. You can’t win a title with a slower driver. History tells the same. If you are the best, then beat Leclerc & Max on the track, earn it. That’s the only chance for Saniz.

    I don’t understand this two driver philosophy from Binotto too.

    It’s clear & evident Msc/Ferrari, Vettel /RB Ham/Merc & now Max/RB won title…. not with two drivers.

  7. #337
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,083
    Even Horner, who might of suffered most from a red flag is saying it should have been red flagged.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,815
    We got unlucky how the race ended, but safety car and red flags are not there to spice the race up.
    We can't criticize safety procedure and want things done differently only when it suite us.

    We didnt put a foot wrong today, we just wasn't fast enough.
    We need to improve our mid season development IMO

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,546
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Even Horner, who might of suffered most from a red flag is saying it should have been red flagged.
    LOL he would not say that if his titles were at risk.
    Forza Ferrari

  10. #340
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL he would not say that if his titles were at risk.
    This is true.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Even Horner, who might of suffered most from a red flag is saying it should have been red flagged.
    I doubt Leclerc could've gotten by Max, but either way the ending was an absolute farce.

    And what's worse is how it took forever for the SC to pick up Max, which burned even more time for packing up and waiving by the back markers.

    All other racing series have written procedures for how they'll try and secure a green flag finish. All except F1.

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    8,428
    Quote Originally Posted by SB92 View Post
    Why do you hate Sainz so much? Of all the people you choose to scapegoat a driver lol? All good drivers can adjust. Are you even a ferrari fan or just someone like brembo.

    The team's policy towards leclerc should be the least of our worries.
    Emotional post.

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    195
    It's very frustrating to see Ferrari not keeping up with the Red Bull development. The Red Bull ran in Monza with more downforce and where just as fast down the straights. The Ferrari has more peak performance but the Red Bull as a wider window of performance. Since the beginning of the season, Red Bull does not have a problem with the porpoising and it must be related to that.

  14. #344
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s not hate. I mean he can’t or doesn’t have pace to match Max & Leclerc. You can’t win a title with a slower driver. History tells the same. If you are the best, then beat Leclerc & Max on the track, earn it. That’s the only chance for Saniz.

    I don’t understand this two driver philosophy from Binotto too.

    It’s clear & evident Msc/Ferrari, Vettel /RB Ham/Merc & now Max/RB won title…. not with two drivers.
    History shows this to be the case. Alonso got the preferred concept at Renault as well.

    McLaren and Williams tried to make the 2 driver policy work. Red Bull tried it for awhile. It doesn't work if you want the driver who you know is the better talent to win lots of races. The only reason Rosberg-Hamilton and Senna-Prost kinda sorta worked was because of how dominant the car was from the get-go, and we all know how they ended after a few seasons.

  15. #345
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    I doubt Leclerc could've gotten by Max, but either way the ending was an absolute farce.

    And what's worse is how it took forever for the SC to pick up Max, which burned even more time for packing up and waiving by the back markers.

    All other racing series have written procedures for how they'll try and secure a green flag finish. All except F1.
    Ideally I would have liked us to win, and maybe even a 1-2 or 1-3 with a restart. But that doesn’t matter, what matters is delivering good racing to the fans. Even if Verstappen still won, it would have been better than a safety car end…
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  16. #346
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    8,428
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Most championship winning cars post 1995 are understeery in nature. Being understeery is an indication of having high downforce level and for cars which already have a competitive engine, the best possible car is the one that has the downforce level to match it or else you end up with SF90 2.0.
    Not true. Schumi, Alonso etc were legendary at controlling the oversteer. Both of them liked a car with sharp turn in.

    The current gen cars are oversteery in nature due to the loss of downforce from the wings. They have quite a bit sharp turn in. That's why Charles is so good with it. But recently he is "struggling" with the understeery balance.

  17. #347
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    It's very frustrating to see Ferrari not keeping up with the Red Bull development. The Red Bull ran in Monza with more downforce and where just as fast down the straights. The Ferrari has more peak performance but the Red Bull as a wider window of performance. Since the beginning of the season, Red Bull does not have a problem with the porpoising and it must be related to that.
    The porpoising wears out the tires, it's a simple as that. Nobody is getting the tire life of Red Bull, because RB don't have their car still shaking at top speed.

    To truly eliminate porpoising, the teams will need real life testing for different solutions that fit their car, which ain't happening until 23', as I feared. It's another reason why the ban on in season testing is not only stupid, but dangerous in that it holds back a teams ability to make their cars safer in shorter time spans.

  18. #348
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Not true. Schumi, Alonso etc were legendary at controlling the oversteer. Both of them liked a car with sharp turn in.

    The current gen cars are oversteery in nature due to the loss of downforce from the wings. They have quite a bit sharp turn in. That's why Charles is so good with it. But recently he is "struggling" with the understeery balance.
    Max likes his car with "alot of front end" as opposed to Checo.......so yeah, Schumi and Alonso were quite the same.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  19. #349
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL he would not say that if his titles were at risk.
    Yeah he wasn't that much in favour of a red flag in Abu Dhabi

  20. #350
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    8,428
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Max likes his car with "alot of front end" as opposed to Checo.......so yeah, Schumi and Alonso were quite the same.
    And Red Bull rightfully built and developed the car around him. Perez, like Sainz, will never ever win a title against Charles and Max. So it's pointless to wait for him to get comfortable.

  21. #351
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    470
    One thing that Ferrari don't do every pre-season testing that I just don't understand, is bring a b-car concept. Red Bull and Mercedes always bring them, and it always does them good.

  22. #352
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And Red Bull rightfully built and developed the car around him. Perez, like Sainz, will never ever win a title against Charles and Max. So it's pointless to wait for him to get comfortable.
    This ^

  23. #353
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,546
    Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    One thing that Ferrari don't do every pre-season testing that I just don't understand, is bring a b-car concept. Red Bull and Mercedes always bring them, and it always does them good.
    LOL what....
    Forza Ferrari

  24. #354
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    3,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL he would not say that if his titles were at risk.
    But, because he is an effective TP his team is in the position to throw Ferrari a bone and still not risk losing either championships.

    That’s the difference between effective and impotent team leaders.

    Even Merc still being slow have advanced a ton during the year with constant upgrades because Wolfe is a beast.

  25. #355
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,467
    Monaco is the exemption at removing cars off the grid with static cranes strewn all over the track.....and they do it quite fast.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  26. #356
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    sadly from Turkey
    Posts
    311
    I don't understand that why we did two pit-stop in a circut like monza

  27. #357
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    I don't understand that why we did two pit-stop in a circut like monza
    Strategy was fine, we had no pace to match Verstappen. We had to try something. If we didn’t pit under the VSC and Verstappen had caught and passed us a few laps later everyone would be saying we should have pitted.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  28. #358
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Car was stuck in gear so towing it wouldn't have worked
    Tow it by the rear tires......

  29. #359
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,420
    Red Bull are unstoppable. No team on the paddock right now has what it takes to beat them. We'll done Ferrari for P2 and P4. Pretty much the best we could have done.
    Forza Ferrari
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  30. #360
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    15,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah F1 does not have them.....mind you F1 races in the wet and not sit in the pits unlike some other motorsports.
    To be honest for years now when it is raining they are behind SC. And back in the time, they would race in same conditions

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •