Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Singapore Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

2022 Singapore Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

So far, it looks like a wet weekend....to include race day.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

so apparently Ferrari will bring a new floor here; hopefully will help with the loss of traction in slow corners we've had in recent races but i'm not betting anything on it

OH, and fiAMG will supposedly tweak the rules a bit they've implemented back at spa for this circuit to prevent further porpoising due to very bumpy surface...anything to help Merc i guess....LOL

so probably this will hurt us even more???? not so much red fools as they have a pretty good car which has been all season long

The wind seems to have gone out of our sails now that Max will inevitably be WDC but I am hoping that our drivers will be in a position to challenge reliably and maintain the lead over Merc and the chasing PER/RUS/HAM in the driver standings. The weather may well have its own ideas. Forza Charles and Carlos.
    Last edited by wisepie; 30th September 2022 at 11:20.

There is a rumor going around in the paddock that 2 teams breached the budget cap last season. It is said to be Red Bull and Aston Martin. The FIA is supposed to make a statement in due course.
    #AMus

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There is a rumor going around in the paddock that 2 teams breached the budget cap last season. It is said to be Red Bull and Aston Martin. The FIA is supposed to make a statement in due course.
    #AMus
    was there a budget cap last season?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    #AMus
    Its a joke that it takes the FIA 1 year conduct a review of a teams spending. No wonder Red Bull has no concerns to go over the cap this year. By time the FIA figures it out Max will be a two time champion and they will probably just get a fine. Unless the team and driver get championship points deducted, it’s a gamble worth taking to win.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so apparently Ferrari will bring a new floor here; hopefully will help with the loss of traction in slow corners we've had in recent races but i'm not betting anything on it

OH, and fiAMG will supposedly tweak the rules a bit they've implemented back at spa for this circuit to prevent further porpoising due to very bumpy surface...anything to help Merc i guess....LOL

so probably this will hurt us even more???? not so much red fools as they have a pretty good car which has been all season long
    Apparently Ferrari brought the floor but is opting not to use it. I don’t know why? Maybe the FIA’s sudden change in floor height made the floor not necessary or not legal?

https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/...407417856?s=21
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Hamilton P1 in FP1, Sky must be over the moon!

Genuine pace? The altered TD helping Merc even more? Or early times and it will be status quo come Q3?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

any free links for FP2??

thank you

Some very strong sector 2 and 3 by our drivers. Max's car seems to eat the tyres much more in the last sector

Seems a bit dead in here! Have we all given up?

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    hard to keep up the enthusiasm when the outcome is known in advance. :(

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I agree! The season feels like when you blow up a balloon without tying the end before you let it go.

well, roll on 2023; and we need to work hard on teh updates and test a lot of stuff for the remaining races as 2023 will obviously be a evolution of the 2022 car
    i doubt ferrari will change anything drastically on the car for next year as it seems to work OK; it just maybe needs to refine it a bit, make sure that PU is bulletproof and no more reliability gremlins....and for crying out loud revamp the strategy wall as that needs a LOT of improvement

That's as maybe, but P1/2 in FP2 just about woke me up, the outcome may be pretty predictable but a good show from our boys will cheer us up. here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That's as maybe, but P1/2 in FP2 just about woke me up, the outcome may be pretty predictable but a good show from our boys will cheer us up. here's hoping.
    Were both cars under-steering alot or just Carlos did you see?
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 30th September 2022 at 19:44.

A good FP2. Honestly hard to get excited as this season has just completely knocked the crap out of me with the way it's gone but hopefully we can restore some pride in the remaining races.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    A good FP2. Honestly hard to get excited as this season has just completely knocked the crap out of me with the way it's gone but hopefully we can restore some pride in the remaining races.
    i hope so too....but honestly, prolly red fools and Max will win ALL the remaining reaces; they are untouchable at the moment, sadly.....unless they have a mechanical failure

Paddok rumours from a Mercedes engineer's nan report that Red Bull racing are allegedly running a "grey area" biological power unit that runs on hamsters

The FIA are set to outlaw it in an upcoming meeting of the world Motorsports council

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Yeah, given up long time ago, next chance 2026, we`ll see then how F1 looks like.

Looking decent for now

POOOLE

WTH just happened

Max probably didn't have enough fuel if he completed his last lap. So RBR didn't want to risk of a DSQ

So Charles misses out 70% of the dry session and still puts it on the pole. Amazing talent.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So Charles misses out 70% of the dry session and still puts it on the pole. Amazing talent.
    He is a generational talent for sure but I don’t think he would have retained pole if Max was able to finish his lap.

He is a generational talent for sure but I don’t think he would have retained pole if Max was able to finish his lap.
    How about if LEC didn't make any mistake in final lap...then it would have been pretty close with VES hypothetical lap...and would have put 1s gap to Perez.