Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Singapore Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

Hello again guys.
    Back again after some races I took a break to calm myself down. And again I will follow from a distance.
    Now I watched only half qualy.
    And I have a question.
    How on Max last lap, he was yellow on S1 (slower then his best ) and green on S2 (slower on Hams best s2),and he was 9 tenths faster then Lec?? According to the table above he would be at the best - 7 tenths faster. So either the colors of the sectors where wrong or the time!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And then you are Max. You are on a pole lap, just a few hundred meters áááááááááááááánd..........budget gone. Oops.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Verstappen starting in 8th, what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Verstappen starting in 8th, what happened?
    Low fuel. Better to box him in than take a fine/penalty for not meeting regs with regards to having 1ltr of fuel for a sample by the FIA.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

A very very good strategy is required tomorrow

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Were both cars under-steering alot or just Carlos did you see?
    TBH I didn't watch most of the FP sessions so can't comment on understeer, but the quali result has shown that we have a driver capable of winning if the stars align and he gets a clean race with decent strategy. How often have we said that, so I'm not counting any chickens. It could be Max/Perez or HAM, but I so hope not.

Was flying today to London. Just saw result. NICE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Hello again guys.
    Back again after some races I took a break to calm myself down. And again I will follow from a distance.
    Now I watched only half qualy.
    And I have a question.
    How on Max last lap, he was yellow on S1 (slower then his best ) and green on S2 (slower on Hams best s2),and he was 9 tenths faster then Lec?? According to the table above he would be at the best - 7 tenths faster. So either the colors of the sectors where wrong or the time!!!
    So I think what happened was on his lap before he set a phenomenal S1 but made a mistake in S3 so backed out and then went for another lap. He set a slower S1 but it was still quicker than everyone else by some margin and by S2 he was 9 tenths up despite being slower than Hamilton's S2 time he was still well up from his S1 time even though it wasn't his best.

Think this is what happened, hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    TBH I didn't watch most of the FP sessions so can't comment on understeer, but the quali result has shown that we have a driver capable of winning if the stars align and he gets a clean race with decent strategy. How often have we said that, so I'm not counting any chickens. It could be Max/Perez or HAM, but I so hope not.
    Thanks for response friend I haven't seen any running at all so far, thanks to the little matter of Arsenal v sp*rs which happened to be on at the same time lol! I am obviously additionally happy we Ferrari got the pole, but of course like you sort of say, tomorrow is another day!

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    So I think what happened was on his lap before he set a phenomenal S1 but made a mistake in S3 so backed out and then went for another lap. He set a slower S1 but it was still quicker than everyone else by some margin and by S2 he was 9 tenths up despite being slower than Hamilton's S2 time he was still well up from his S1 time even though it wasn't his best.

Think this is what happened, hope it helps.
    Well ,according to @tifosi 1993 time table in previous page,the best S1 was Max's and was 0,293 better then Lec. Best S2 was HAM's and was0,368 better then Lec.
    If you combine these 2 you add 0,661 and this is by have the best S1&2. On live TV they sawed us Ves being yellow on S1 (so slower then his own best) and greed on S2 (so slower then HAM's best) .That tells as that he had to be lower then 0,661 faster then Lec.But they tell us he was 0,9+. Now there 2 scenarios. Either the color displays on live where wrong and he had actually put purple at least 1 of the 2 first sectrors, or he wasn't that much(0.9+) faster then Lec.Ajd Lec had massive S3.(But if Max was indeed 0,9 faster in S2 ,he for sure would and up on pole)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    And then you are Max. You are on a pole lap, just a few hundred meters áááááááááááááánd..........budget gone. Oops.
    Basically he was the last driver on the circuit to put down a lap & track was improving.

Pitty that Saniz couldn’t nail, he had the best chance. This is what makes difference between Leclerc & him.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Basically he was the last driver on the circuit to put down a lap & track was improving.

Pitty that Saniz couldn’t nail, he had the best chance. This is what makes difference between Leclerc & him.
    FP2 Japan Sainz 6th, Charles 11th!!! That's what makes Sainz equal to Charles .

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    FP2 Japan Sainz 6th, Charles 11th!!! That's what makes Sainz equal to Charles .

Can i also have what you're smoking please
    Drive it like you stole it!

My mistake, Charles equal to Carlos!