Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Singapore Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Question: what is the minimum Charles needs to prevent Max from becoming champion in Japan? Would be nice if he could do that. Like to see the disappointed faces at RBR......
    Second place and fastest lap by Leclerc would push the championship to the US by 1 point.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Second place and fastest lap by Leclerc would push the championship to the US by 1 point.
    That would be nice..............love to see the disappointed faces at RB if he manages to do that.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

That would be nice..............love to see the disappointed faces at RB if he manages to do that.
    I believe if Sainz and Leclerc pull off two more double podiums, then Ferrari could clinch second in the WCC at Mexico by simply scoring.

Another pole position wasted.

Charles's race was lost at the start. Did he actually start in 2nd gear as some of the other drivers did, or in 1st?? i know they showed the onboard replay of the start from his cockpit but cannot recall.

he did put pressure on perez all race long though, especially after the last safety car when ALL were on slick tires; he was pushing SO hard that he almost lost it a couple of times.

red bull STILL seems to have better traction out of slower corners compared to us, we are a bit better then the last few races but still NOT where we were at teh beginning of the season.

if our car had better traction and able to follow a bit closer coming out of the penultimate corner before the straight and with DRS maybe Charles would have sent one down the inside but he was always that bit farther back and hard for him to pass

that red bull is insanly fast on the straights, maybe Ferrari should consider that for next season and make the aero a bit more efficient so that we too have a bit more straight line speed.

had Charles not lost the position at the start, i think it would have been really hard for Perez to pass him, unless we were again chewing tires more then teh red bull

oh well, onwards and upwards....at least we exteneded our lead to merc in WCC and ROLL ON SUZUKA where we'll wee how we stack up against RED FOOLS

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    SECOND PLACE????? i thought Harry potter stated that we're gonna fight for race wins at every race till the end of the season

is suzuka a track that we're not gonna keep up wiht red fools and aim for the win??

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    People are still shocked and angry that Red Bull is a better race car than us???
    IF they smashed the budget cap of course they will be better. They developed it much more when they were not allowed to.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Charles's race was lost at the start. Did he actually start in 2nd gear as some of the other drivers did, or in 1st?? i know they showed the onboard replay of the start from his cockpit but cannot recall.

he did put pressure on perez all race long though, especially after the last safety car when ALL were on slick tires; he was pushing SO hard that he almost lost it a couple of times.

red bull STILL seems to have better traction out of slower corners compared to us, we are a bit better then the last few races but still NOT where we were at teh beginning of the season.

if our car had better traction and able to follow a bit closer coming out of the penultimate corner before the straight and with DRS maybe Charles would have sent one down the inside but he was always that bit farther back and hard for him to pass

that red bull is insanly fast on the straights, maybe Ferrari should consider that for next season and make the aero a bit more efficient so that we too have a bit more straight line speed.

had Charles not lost the position at the start, i think it would have been really hard for Perez to pass him, unless we were again chewing tires more then teh red bull

oh well, onwards and upwards....at least we exteneded our lead to merc in WCC and ROLL ON SUZUKA where we'll wee how we stack up against RED FOOLS
    It’s simple … no math needed.

Ferrari is quali car
    RB is race car.

Ferrari car tyre deg is heavy. They fall of the cliff very quickly. Where as for Merc & RB they have better at tyre management.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

Ferrari is quali car
    RB is race car.

Ferrari car tyre deg is heavy. They fall of the cliff very quickly. Where as for Merc & RB they have better at tyre management.
    totally agree.

which wasnt the case during the 1st half. they need to find what went wrong if it was not due to the TD

SECOND PLACE????? i thought Harry potter stated that we're gonna fight for race wins at every race till the end of the season

is suzuka a track that we're not gonna keep up wiht red fools and aim for the win??
    The question was, what the minimum was that Leclerc needs to push the championship past Japan. And that is second place.
    Of course he will go for the win.

Ferrari is quali car
    RB is race car.

Many years ago, Max and Charles both have been driving for Van Amersfoort Racing.
    When asked about these two, Frits van Amersfoort said: "The difference between Charles and Max is very small. A combination of their talents would give you the best driver in the world. If you want pole positions, take Charles. Nobody in the world is as fast over one lap as he is. But if you want to win the race, take Max. It's not much, but over a whole race distance, he is just a little bit faster than Charles".

So, what can we learn from this? We need a better car for the race. Pole positions will come anyway.

Many years ago, Max and Charles both have been driving for Van Amersfoort Racing.
    When asked about these two, Frits van Amersfoort said: "The difference between Charles and Max is very small. A combination of their talents would give you the best driver in the world. If you want pole positions, take Charles. Nobody in the world is as fast over one lap as he is. But if you want to win the race, take Max. It's not much, but over a whole race distance, he is just a little bit faster than Charles".

So, what can we learn from this? We need a better car for the race. Pole positions will come anyway.
    Well we had that, a better car for the race at the beginning of the season
    We had a car that was good both on quali runs as well as race pace; I think somehow this new TD has hampered us with traction issues out of slow to medium corners which may be the reason for our race pace as well as tyre wear.

It can’t be due to suspension as we did not change anything (as far as I can tell)
    So I’m sure Ferrari will try and fix all this for next year
    What is certain is that red bull still have an advantage on top speed (not as much as before) so maybe Ferrari will look at this too as to how to make the car more efficient and less draggy

Attachment 8086
    This looks deppressing

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Attachment 8086
    This looks deppressing
    Totally depressing
    That could have been US have we had better reliability, better strategy as well as less mistakes from our drivers, and by that I mean Charles

But when a driver pushes to the limit and beyond I guess sometimes mistakes are inevitable

Hopefully next year Ferrari will give our drivers a better more reliable car, our strategies will be more spot on and then the drivers better deliver the results
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 3rd October 2022 at 22:23.

Totally depressing
    That could have been US have we had better reliability, better strategy as well as less mistakes from our drivers, and by that I mean Charles

But when a driver pushes to the limit and beyond I guess sometimes mistakes are inevitable

Hopefully next year Ferrari will give our drivers a better more reliable car, our strategies will be more spot on and then the drivers better deliver the results
    What does it take to get people to understand that in this era of Formula Dull Green Borefests that the car is by far more important than the driver? Furthermore, unless the car is good from day one, and developed effectively throughout the early season, no driver or perfect team strategy will produce many wins.

Did Two Chains forget how to drive? How about Alonso and Vettel? Do you think they are just plodding along for a paycheck? The dream of “fairness” and “equality” in F1 has ruined what made it the greatest racing formula. Instead of teams pushing everything to the limit, we now have them preaching social justice and whining about “budgets”.

It’s a damn shame.

Totally depressing

I hear you, and feel you pain, as every other Tifoso. What got my eye is HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR.... That is a phrase we are preaching for decades now....

Forget about 2023 results. it's 2022 that were enjoying! Each and every race is great not knowing ahead who will win. R Bull ! What happened? GOAT ? Where are you? Perez' Sainz; Leclerc; make it all worth watching !

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I hear you, and feel you pain, as every other Tifoso. What got my eye is HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR.... That is a phrase we are preaching for decades now....
    at this point Stefa, that's ALL US fans can hope for........we have absolutely NO power to change anything...Ferrari as a team has to do that within IF THEY WANT to win a championship next year as i'm sure the battle will be NOT only between TWO team, but rather THREE as i'm sure Merc will NOT be building another TURD two years in a row

but if that happens, i'm looking forward for a THREE way battle

Ferrari is quali car
    RB is race car.

Leclerc said after the race that he suspects the Red Bull can get the tyres into a better window after a couple laps, get better performance and longevity.

I agree, but I think this race showed, that not only does Red Bull have better tyre longevity, they also heat them up quicker! Look how Maxipad was able to pass people at each restart! It also explains Leclerc's poor start off the line.

Not only do they heat the tyres quicker, they can make them last longer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Leclerc said after the race that he suspects the Red Bull can get the tyres into a better window after a couple laps, get better performance and longevity.

I agree, but I think this race showed, that not only does Red Bull have better tyre longevity, they also heat them up quicker! Look how Maxipad was able to pass people at each restart! It also explains Leclerc's poor start off the line.

Not only do they heat the tyres quicker, they can make them last longer too.
    I would have to disagree with yiu on that one
    Last safety car when all went to slicks, it took checko 2 laps or so to bring the slicks to temp while Charles had no issues and he was up attacking him and riding his a s s the whole two laps up until Perez had the tires to temp which after he was gone

Our issue is the traction out of slow corners, we seem to have lost that and could not follow Perez close enough before the straight when Charles could use DRS; that and also red bull is a much aero efficient car which has plenty of straight line speed even without drs

I would have to disagree with yiu on that one
    Last safety car when all went to slicks, it took checko 2 laps or so to bring the slicks to temp while Charles had no issues and he was up attacking him and riding his a s s the whole two laps up until Perez had the tires to temp which after he was gone

Our issue is the traction out of slow corners, we seem to have lost that and could not follow Perez close enough before the straight when Charles could use DRS; that and also red bull is a much aero efficient car which has plenty of straight line speed even without drs

There was basically no passing among the top 7 cars. It's the track. If Charles was in front at the start, Perez wouldn't be able.to pass him either.

Red Bull have updated the rear suspension 4 times this year, Mercedes have updated the rear suspensions frequently. Even Mclaren brought updated suspensions on two different occasions.

But the suspensions of F1-75 remained the same, launch spec.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Red Bull have updated the rear suspension 4 times this year, Mercedes have updated the rear suspensions frequently. Even Mclaren brought updated suspensions on two different occasions.

But the suspensions of F1-75 remained the same, launch spec.
    Weren't Ferrari supposed to be getting revised rear suspension after the summer break? What happened to that, budget constraints?!
    Last edited by wisepie; 5th October 2022 at 16:42.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Weren't Ferrari supposed to be getting revised rear suspension after the summer break? What happened to that, budget restraints?!
    Exactly my take on this, maybe that will come next year due to budget

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    There was basically no passing among the top 7 cars. It's the track. If Charles was in front at the start, Perez wouldn't be able.to pass him either.
    Where was Charles at the start?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Where was Charles at the start?
    At the wet part of the track , this is why he lost position. Duh.
    Hey, have you now found peace that the team finally has a steady form of #1 and #2 ?

Good old times, right? :D
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    At the wet part of the track , this is why he lost position. Duh.
    Hey, have you now found peace that the team finally has a steady form of #1 and #2 ?

Good old times, right? :D
    Someone should have told him it was wet!! Duh! Peace for sure. I just hope Carlos can hold on to #1 a few more races! There;s not much left and he can go into 2023 as the #1 driver.
    Last edited by Brembo; 6th October 2022 at 10:08.

Someone should have told him it was wet!! Duh! Peace for sure. I just hope Carlos can hold on to #1 a few more races! There;s not much left and he can go into 2023 as the #1 driver.
    Carlos has been relegated (and is told) that he is #2. Now, you're also told that as well.
    As for Charles, he did (as always) the best he could but just like your idol, you know, lulu, he just could not hold position, on a slippery part of the track. Bad stuff happen to the best of us.

Now enjoy Ferrari racing as it should, with a clear #1, #2 order , if we had that from the beginning, things could have been better. If this makes you feel bad, I suggest a visit to your doctor *wink*
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Okay! Charles #1 Carlos #2 @ Ferrari. If that gets us a win and podiums before the year end I'm going to be a Charles #1 fan for sure. Sir Lewis needs 1 win before the end of the season!! Calm down ! Masi should be in jail!!

Okay! Charles #1 Carlos #2 @ Ferrari. If that gets us a win and podiums before the year end I'm going to be a Charles #1 fan for sure. Sir Lewis needs 1 win before the end of the season!! Calm down ! Masi should be in jail!!
    Lewis #westillcry needs to retire. He makes a fool of himself every time he is under pressure.
    And he needs to finish without a race and behind Russel, oh what a poetic justice that will be #humblepie