Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 151

Thread: 2022 Mexican Grand Prix - Race Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    8,271

    2022 Mexican Grand Prix - Race Thread


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,740
    I hope I'm wrong but this could be hard to watch, hoping that the gremilins affecting Charles in quali can be fixed, but starting where he and Carlos are doesn't bode well. We live in hope, as ever.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    3,039
    Time for Carlos to pay back the favor to George. It’s only a 5 second penalty, so who cares. Right?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good

    Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,730
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Time for Carlos to pay back the favor to George. It’s only a 5 second penalty, so who cares. Right?
    It’s time for Mattia as well to payback. Just some amount of fine & 10% wind tunnel reduction for RB.

    Hence you can bend the rules & play politics. That’s it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s time for Mattia as well to payback. Just some amount of fine & 10% wind tunnel reduction for RB.

    Hence you can bend the rules & play politics. That’s it.
    Horner is saying 10% time deduction in the wind runner is .25s to .50s in lap time. Wonder if that’s true.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good

    Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,730
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Horner is saying 10% time deduction in the wind runner is .25s to .50s in lap time. Wonder if that’s true.
    He speaks a lot …!!

    Now he’s projecting to other teams that this penalty is very harsh. Nothing more than that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Horner is saying 10% time deduction in the wind runner is .25s to .50s in lap time. Wonder if that’s true.
    In his place, would you tell the truth to the other teams?
    There 's your answer.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    In his place, would you tell the truth to the other teams?
    There 's your answer.
    Obviously not, I would also be figuring out a way to create RedBull side projects to run the wind tunnel 24/7
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good

    Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    AREA 51
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but this could be hard to watch, hoping that the gremilins affecting Charles in quali can be fixed, but starting where he and Carlos are doesn't bode well. We live in hope, as ever.
    From AMuS
    So, this will be a very disappointing race.

    Trainingskönig Ferrari qualifizierte sich in Mexiko nur für die Startplätze fünf und sieben. Auf die Spitze fehlte eine halbe Sekunde. Ferrari muss in der dünnen Höhenluft die Leistung herunterdrehen, um die Turbolader zu schonen. Das hat dann auch Konsequenzen für das Auto.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,730
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Obviously not, I would also be figuring out a way to create RedBull side projects to run the wind tunnel 24/7
    The way I look at it is… this year Mattia was very vocal about FIA policing.
    He says there are loop holes/grey areas.

    When there are such things, why don’t you utilise & come out on top?

    Merc did it & RB has done it too. At the end title matters.

    All this scrap of cheating/Fair game talks doesn’t last long in the current world.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    83
    Less engine modes, DRS broken, TD039 - the list goes on and on. We are loosing more than 0.5 seconds on the straights. It always affects Ferrari and no other team, no surprise to me anymore. This team is average, always finds a way to screw things up. No drivability after TD039 anymore, it is a shame to the legacy of Enzo Ferrari. All they do is to put their focus on to the next year, only to find theirselves in the same situation at the end of the year again. RB has an outdated wind tunnel and are still delivering year after year. We have a state of the art wind tunnel, only to have correlation problems again. No accountability at all, no political power.

    Only Ferrari finds a way to develop a car towards the preferences of their second driver. We never had a chance against RB in the first place. And we won't have a chance in the following years. To compete with RB and Max, you have to match their approach. This nonsense of Ferrari is the best way to loose again. Imagine rejecting Jean Todt as an consultant. No strategic thinking in the first place. Disasterclass!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,308
    Max Verstappen, Christian Horner and the whole RedBull team are boycotting to speaking to SkySports after Kravitz's "denial" of the 2021 WDC title to Max Verstappen at COTA 2022 in Kravitz's notebook.

    Good for them(team RedBull).
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Horner is saying 10% time deduction in the wind runner is .25s to .50s in lap time. Wonder if that’s true.
    Doubt it would really make a difference in performance next year if their car design is excellent from the start.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,308
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Horner is saying 10% time deduction in the wind runner is .25s to .50s in lap time. Wonder if that’s true.
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He speaks a lot …!!

    Now he’s projecting to other teams that this penalty is very harsh. Nothing more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    In his place, would you tell the truth to the other teams?
    There 's your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Obviously not, I would also be figuring out a way to create RedBull side projects to run the wind tunnel 24/7
    It's not a flat 10% value, its a 10% reduction of Coefficient C used in the calculation metrics.

    As they won this years Championships, they are on 70% of the allocation.

    10% of that, leaves them on 63%

    So its a 7% reduction in CFD and wind tunnel time.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,730
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's not a flat 10% value, its a 10% reduction of Coefficient C used in the calculation metrics.

    As they won this years Championships, they are on 70% of the allocation.

    10% of that, leaves them on 63%

    So its a 7% reduction in CFD and wind tunnel time.
    Then it doesn’t matter even more.

    Already RB are ahead & they have light weight chassis under their belt. This is going to be RB era once again.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,730
    After the failure of the LEC DRS in qualifying, the movable flaps were replaced as a precaution for both drivers

    @Formu1a_uno

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    256
    Lewis is talking victimy stuff on the pre-show so had to change the channel for 10 mins to not hear his whining

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Max Verstappen, Christian Horner and the whole RedBull team are boycotting to speaking to SkySports after Kravitz's "denial" of the 2021 WDC title to Max Verstappen at COTA 2022 in Kravitz's notebook.

    Good for them(team RedBull).
    Good for the viewers. RB is trying to manipulate the narrative, but this time things don’t go their way. Very sensitive and unprofessional behavior. They cheated and got caught. That’s the truth.
    Last edited by brucewayne; 30th October 2022 at 20:26.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Then it doesn’t matter even more.

    Already RB are ahead & they have light weight chassis under their belt. This is going to be RB era once again.
    There will be changes to the floor next year, so we will see. I wouldn’t be suprised if Mercedes would be very competitive next year.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    15,004
    Going into this race with ZERO expectations...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    1,105
    Hopefully not as painful as we expect … good luck to your boys on the start

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,730
    Sainz is a big idiot. He’s racing against his own team mate.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    15,004
    Ferrari cannot keep up with mercedes?!?!?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    83
    No pace at all, as expected

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    15,004
    Slow as a rock!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    410
    Nearly 1s slower per lap...

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    15,004
    I fear LH can win this

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    83
    Detuned engine

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I fear LH can win this
    Would be great actually

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    15,004
    Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Would be great actually
    ?!?!??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •