Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Mexican Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Yup. All under the watchful eye of Mr “For the Good of the Sport”

How he isn’t fired already, I just do not understand.
    That must be greatest job in the world! You do whatever you want, get payed and no responsibility at all!

Yup. All under the watchful eye of Mr “For the Good of the Sport”

How he isn’t fired already, I just do not understand.
    Scuderia „For the Good of the Sport“ Ferrari

Meanwhile, RB is celebrating victory after victory.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    2020 & 2021 were more epic compared to 2022.
    No! This hurts more! Because there was hope in the beginning!

RB18 is a beast. No matter what strategy you throw against them, they are coming out on top.

If you look at the data, Charles is loosing tenths to Sainz on every straight. What a embarrassing performance from Ferrari once again

RB18 is a beast. No matter what strategy you throw against them, they are coming out on top.
    No doubt. But genuinely think Mercedes dropped the ball today. Should have started on the softs, then mediums.

2020 & 2021 were more epic compared to 2022.
    I find it much more of a failure to start off with a winning car and to degrade it so much that it can’t keep up with a team that was a second and a half off the pace at the beginning.

Starting the season with a slow cad and staying slow is one thing. But starting of winning and making your car slower while everyone around you gets faster is an abysmal failure. One that is owned nearly entirely by Binotto. And yet, failure is rewarded by him retaining his position.

I don’t understand how?

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    No doubt. But genuinely think Mercedes dropped the ball today. Should have started on the softs, then mediums.
    They don’t have other option to counter RB. On the straights it’s difficult to overtake RB. Hence tried this option & other reason being ferrari not being competitive played them to use this strategy.

What they could have tried is Softs at the last stint.

I find it much more of a failure to start off with a winning car and to degrade it so much that it can’t keep up with a team that was a second and a half off the pace at the beginning.

Starting the season with a slow cad and staying slow is one thing. But starting of winning and making your car slower while everyone around you gets faster is an abysmal failure. One that is owned nearly entirely by Binotto. And yet, failure is rewarded by him retaining his position.

I don’t understand how?
    It’s been 4 seasons Mattia is leading the team. I think it’s high time to look for other options (non-Italian) & bring some key people into the team. I don’t see we can stand against RB & Merc in development or politics race.

They don’t have other option to counter RB. On the straights it’s difficult to overtake RB. Hence tried this option & other reason being ferrari not being competitive played them to use this strategy.

What they could have tried is Softs at the last stint.
    At least running longer on the mediums, and then softs yes. Otherwise there is no real benefit in starting on mediums. Worked out well for Ricciardo.

It’s been 4 seasons Mattia is leading the team. I think it’s high time to look for other options (non-Italian) & bring some key people into the team. I don’t see we can stand against RB & Merc in development or politics race.
    This would take 2-3 years before any benefits. So basically 2026 with the new engine rules.

He has been a complete failure on every damn front. There is absolutely no excuse for him still have it a job.

Anyone who defends him does so out of pure ignorance and stubbornness. Send him back to the engine department or send him packing. Hire. German or Brit, hell maybe even a crazy Yank, but it’s pretty clear that they are 0 for 3 with Italians in the TP roll.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    This would take 2-3 years before any benefits. So basically 2026 with the new engine rules.
    Please don’t come with such conclusions or assumptions.

Mattia did say the same that we are doing head start on 2022 by giving away 2020 & 2021. Results are visible with another disaster.

Charles is at 2nd in WDC & we need maximum points to stay close to Perez. Instead Carlos Saniz is fighting with Charles during Lap1. Wow what a team.

Please don’t come with such conclusions or assumptions.

Mattia did say the same that we are doing head start on 2022 by giving away 2020 & 2021. Results are visible with another disaster.
    I am with you, just making clear that this would still be a long way to improve. But something hast to happen. At first, I would install Jean Todt immediately, similar to Lauda with Mercedes in the past.

The car is still a good car, but it is distroyed at least by the high ride and the wooden suspension. With low power mode like today, the disaster is total.
    Thanks to the FIA, thanks Mattia
    I can't wait to see the next 2023' jokes circus show

Give the kid a TP
    Last edited by Gilles; 30th October 2022 at 22:24.

2020 6th, 2021 3rd, 2022 scrape 2nd. Its improving. Hope at the start when engines working but reliability killed it. Yes bad strategy in some races but general trajectory is improvement. Engine was always a risk but as engine cannot be changed until 2026 risk had to be taken and can update for reliability. Today engines were turned down for reliability I am sure of it. I am expecting improvement next year on reliability and strategy BUT if they win the title I doubt. Between now and new rules I expect them to be closer and closer over the course of a season. Think they will start really well again next year.

I hope Charles can keep ahead of Perez in 2nd@WDC but it now looks ominous:(
    Have any of you guys seen the 499P LMH? Looks great and praying for it's success!

Charles is at 2nd in WDC & we need maximum points to stay close to Perez.
    Perez is 2nd in the WDC standings.....Perez has 280 points vs Leclerc's 275 points......still close.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    I hope Charles can keep ahead of Perez in 2nd@WDC but it now looks ominous:(
    Have any of you guys seen the 499P LMH? Looks great and praying for it's success!
    I saw the 499P during its unveiling and also at the Ferrari Mondiali 2022 on YouTube alongside the 296GT3.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Come on we had much worse seasons under Enzo....
    Exactly right.
    FORZA FERRARI!!

Charles should start having talks with Merc for when the Affirmative Action Champion hangs up his two chains.

I would love to see him be Ferrari’s next champ but unless Matia gets handed a pink slip it won’t happen. Ferrari will waste his best years like they did with Fernando and Seb.

It pains me to say it but unlike some on here I never shy away from the truth.

I feel like I've reverted to 2020/2021 Ferrari supporter mode. Expect nothing, celebrate with a slight smile if they manage to make it to the podium and otherwise relax and just forget Ferrari are competing and try to enjoy the other battles. Easier said than done, but I've had a lot of practice. I want to get angry at another pathetic performance, but it's just not worth it, it's been the pattern for over a decade that it's just normal.

Maybe it might be fun to watch the 499P in WEC next year as AF Corse aren't as shoddy as Scuderia Ferrari, but BoP will inevitably infuriate me.

We cannot afford to lose Mattia the engineer, and he having now worked as the team boss will not accept working under someone else

The TD destroyed what was left of Ferrari’s competitiveness this season and brought Mercedes back into the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    We cannot afford to lose Mattia the engineer, and he having now worked as the team boss will not accept working under someone else
    Then what’s next? Should he continue to produce the same results of 2020/2021 & 2022 for the next term & still maintain that position?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    The TD destroyed what was left of Ferrari’s competitiveness this season and brought Mercedes back into the fight.
    In the mid season Mattia & Horner said they won’t agree for such Rule change. Mercs lobbied & got what they wanted.

Then why did Mr. Mattia agreed to the change?

Only 4 pages in the race thread! That pretty much sums it up.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Mattia Binotto:

“At the moment, we don’t have any answers or explanation. It was a difficult weekend.”

“Obviously we want better, but these races will help us understand the limits and where to focus.”

During the first half of the season, I would never imagine we would be at risk of getting beaten by Mercedes.
    Credits where its due, they've done a great job recovering and will likely be back in the title race next season.

Our mid season development seems to remain a weakness.