Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Brazilian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Helmut Marko said that internally they clarified everything and that Max will do everything in Abu Dhabi that Checo gets P2 in the championship. He didn‘t want to say more.

Charles is in P2 level in points with Perez.
    Sainz is in P6 … 6 pts behind Hamilton.

If not DNF’s & mistakes.. both would have been P2&P3 … constructors title would have been close with RB.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    I will never support any other driver than Ferrari drivers. I didn’t even support Schumi after his comeback, and Schumi is everything for any Ferrari Fan. You should know that, unless you are more of a Fan of spanish drivers or something else. It seems your priority isn’t to get on the top again, your priority seems to be that spanish drivers finish at the front. So much for that.
    Yes that is right, I became a Ferrari fan due to Spanish drivers, you really are clever

Why is P2 so important for Charles to you? How is it more important to you than Carlos fighting with Lewis for P5?
    Forza Ferrari

Fernando Alonso started from P18 and finished P5, ahead of the two Red Bull's - even with a very slow stop.

They gave DOD go Lewis Hamilton… don’t know why. But it should be either Charles or Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yes that is right, I became a Ferrari fan due to Spanish drivers, you really are clever

Why is P2 so important for Charles to you? How is it more important to you than Carlos fighting with Lewis for P5?
    Charles is our only way for a Championship in the future. We have to be all in, just like RB is all in with Max. After the team screwed him over on many weekends this year, it will be a little boost for him if he finishes 2nd. To be able to beat RB/Max, you have to be as commited as them. This year we were way to weak, not committed and not rutheless enough. We need thia commitment, just like in the past with Jean Todt. He alway did what needed to be done, and we are in 2022 and still aren’t able to do what is necessary after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Fernando Alonso started from P18 and finished P5, ahead of the two Red Bull's - even with a very slow stop.

They gave DOD go Lewis Hamilton… don’t know why. But it should be either Charles or Alonso
    Seems odd to be honest. I think Alonso would have deserved it today.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Charles is our only way for a Championship in the future. We have to be all in, just like RB is all in with Max. After the team screwed him over on many weekends this year, it will be a little boost for him if he finishes 2nd. To be able to beat RB/Max, you have to be as commited as them. This year we were way to weak, not committed and not rutheless enough. We need thia commitment, just like in the past with Jean Todt. He alway did what needed to be done, and we are in 2022 and still aren’t able to do what is necessary after all these years.
    Having the faster car is the way to the championship, with or without Charles or Carlos.
    Forza Ferrari

Having the faster car is the way to the championship, with or without Charles or Carlos.
    No it's not. Where have you been. You need a faster car, reliability, and a good pit crew and pit wall.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No it's not. Where have you been. You need a faster car, reliability, and a good pit crew and pit wall.
    Strategy is very easy when you have the faster car.

Red Bull masterclass today right?
    Forza Ferrari

You're using RedBull or Mercedes as an example? It's gonna take YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAARRRRS for Ferrari to reach that caliber of racing and winning.

You're using RedBull or Mercedes as an example? It's gonna take YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAARRRRS for Ferrari reach that caliber of racing and winning.
    Having the faster car makes your strategy much easier, you are not seeking out a strategy to beat a faster car. Are you saying otherwise?
    Forza Ferrari

Having the faster car makes your strategy much easier, you are not seeking out a strategy to beat a faster car. Are you saying otherwise?
    You're delusional as usual. Ferrari HAD the faster car and still could not convert a 1-2 finish due to reliability, driver errors, pit wall strategy or pit crew mess ups.

People, what are we fighting over? P3 and P4 in the race? Being P2 in the WDC? It's all worthless. P1 is what matters, and we've done everything wrong this season, from in-season development over strategy to driver errors. P2 or P3 in the WDC it really doesn't matter.

You're delusional as usual. Ferrari HAD the faster car and still could not convert a 1-2 finish due to reliability, driver errors, pit wall strategy or pit crew mess ups.
    We did have a 1-2 finish though, maybe you forgot
    Forza Ferrari

That’s not wrong, but you are still a little naive. We are in a budget cap era, differences between cars won’t be as big as in the past. There will be nuances between teams in the future, and to competitive you have to use your resources wisely. Having the fastest car won’t be enough, you have to be on point on everything. RB will use all theirs on Max, if we don’t do the same, we won’t be able to beat them. This isn’t the F1 of the past. We have to adjust asap.

We did have a 1-2 finish though, maybe you forgot
    As a Scuderia Fan, you should want more finishes like that, not just one.

Unfortunately, being a Ferrari fan is like having a brother in jail. You love him but you don't want to talk about him

I'm desperate for this team, i dont have any hope for its championship. the best way is to support drivers. My fav.s alonso and leclerc. i hope he can be a champion one day, but if he keeps staying in SF, he can't win anything.

There is a 19 point difference between Ferrari and Mercedes for the WCC title after the Interlagos race. The battle for 2nd in the WCC is that close.

Red Bull masterclass today right?
    Silverstone, Monaco … we had fastest car what’s the result due to strategy?

Max: "I don't want to talk about the reasons. We have now sat together and explained everything, why I didn't do it. In the end, you always have to move on. If he [Checo] needs help in Abu Dhabi then I will do that."

What can he do? If he takes the pole & starting on P1?

Completely agree with you. Just one more thing. No pit stop blunders!

Perez deliberately crashed in qualifying in Monaco and later admitted it to Helmut Marko and Christian Horner. Max Verstappen has not forgotten that."

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Completely agree with you. Just one more thing. No pit stop blunders!
    Having fastest car is not only the one. Pit stops + strategy calls is more important.

Perez deliberately crashed in qualifying in Monaco and later admitted it to Helmut Marko and Christian Horner. Max Verstappen has not forgotten that."

We don't know if that's true or not, even if it is, I find funny it was not resolved inside the team months ago. Max was wrong, he should have put his team interests above his "revenge", assuming all this it's true anyway.

Leclerc was a man-child yesterday too.

There is a 19 point difference between Ferrari and Mercedes for the WCC title after the Interlagos race. The battle for 2nd in the WCC is that close.
    My heart says: Let Mercedes take P2 as it gives us more time in the wind tunnel for next year.
    My brain asks: Would we take any advantage even if we had double their time in the wind tunnel?

The sad reality

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    My heart says: Let Mercedes take P2 as it gives us more time in the wind tunnel for next year.
    My brain asks: Would we take any advantage even if we had double their time in the wind tunnel?

The sad reality
    I don’t buy this wind tunnel time anymore.

Ferrari had plenty of time for 2022. Although they got it right for 1st part of the season.
    Our in season development once again proved to be worry.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 14th November 2022 at 07:51.

Silverstone, Monaco … we had fastest car what’s the result due to strategy?
    Neither of those races were straight forward, but we won in Silverstone and 2nd in Monaco.
    Forza Ferrari

Neither of those races were straight forward, but we won in Silverstone and 2nd in Monaco.
    Monaco & Silverstone should have been easy 1-2 finish.

Common Greg, accept the fact. Don’t defend like crazy.

Monaco & Silverstone should have been easy 1-2 finish.

Common Greg, accept the fact. Don’t defend like crazy.
    Silverstone yes we messed up but due to SC many others have done the same, Max and Charles would say they got it wrong in Monaco, while Checo and Carlos would say they got it right. Still does not change things really, when you have the faster car then your strategy options are easier.
    Forza Ferrari

Leclerc on his incident with Norris:

"Obviously, I know he is not this type of guy, but for some reason today he was very aggressive, and also yesterday with Carlos."

As I said earlier… these mclaren guys let others pass easily. But when they see Red cars… they throw themselves in somehow.