Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2022 Brazilian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I don’t buy this wind tunnel time anymore.

Ferrari had plenty of time for 2022. Although they got it right for 1st part of the season.
    Our in season development once again proved to be worry.
    That's why I'm asking even if we had plenty of time would we get over our problems?
    Also don't forget TD39 which knowing it would hurt us we accepted it gladly without a fight.
    We had a very good car until this TD was introduced and everything went down.
    I don't believe we lost in the development race, it was this TD which hurt us and brought the Mercs right into the mix.

Having fastest car is not only the one. Pit stops + strategy calls is more important.
    Agree Michael won with cars that were not the fastest on the grid eg his first two championships

Forza Jules

Perez deliberately crashed in qualifying in Monaco and later admitted it to Helmut Marko and Christian Horner. Max Verstappen has not forgotten that."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    We don't know if that's true or not, even if it is, I find funny it was not resolved inside the team months ago. Max was wrong, he should have put his team interests above his "revenge", assuming all this it's true anyway.

Leclerc was a man-child yesterday too.
    I've seen the telemetry where Checo in Monaco deliberately crashed in Monaco compared to his previous lap. He gives way more throttle at the Portier turn than in the previous lap causing Checo to spin and crash.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    We demand excellence from anybody, that’s why Charles needs to be the priority as he is clearly the faster and better driver. Does he make mistakes? Of course, everyone does, the greatest drivers made mistakes, Schumi, Hamilton, Senna, Alonso, Max. We demand excellence and commitment from anybody. Average performances from strategists, not working developments and new parts, good calls for tyres, these things have to be corrected as soon as possible. It’s not a problem that there are mistakes. It’s a big problem, that they can’t make good decisions nearly every weekend. If you are ok with that, you are not a Ferrari Fan. You can’t win a Championship without being committed, just look at RB. The combination RB/Max is a monster. If you think you can beat such a combination without being as commited, you are lying to yourself.
    Charles has only been the better driver of the pair this season. He was beaten by Sainz last season.

So in my book they are very much on par.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Unfortunately, being a Ferrari fan is like having a brother in jail. You love him but you don't want to talk about him
    That has to be the quote of the day

I was quite relieved to get an unexpected P3/4 after Charles had his coming-together with Norris and it was a great recovery drive. Carlos did a great job too, to get that result after all the dramas of earlier in the race and thanks in part to the SC periods, we managed to salvage something. There weren't even any mess-ups in the pits with all those stops. I understand why the team wouldn't let Charles pass Carlos for P3, Alonso and Max were bearing down on them both. As for the Merc 1-2, the TD39 was brought in to help them and no-one else, that was a horror story for me. The drivers all seem totally knackered and now have to face another cross-Continent journey before the last throw of the dice in Abu Dhabi, no wonder they're all getting a bit petulant.

Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    Charles has only been the better driver of the pair this season. He was beaten by Sainz last season.

So in my book they are very much on par.
    You should check your book again, as Charles was the better driver last year already.

This year it’s not even close and if the rumours from today are true, upper management seems to understand now slowly.

You should check your book again, as Charles was the better driver last year already.

This year it’s not even close and if the rumours from today are true, upper management seems to understand now slowly.
    Worry not, it's not just today, Elkaan has been adamant bout who the #1 is. And I am certain that either Binotto will fall in line or he 'll be in for a rather unpleasant surprise (no, he won't be fired, but will get someone next to him, for sure.).
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I can see where Charles' coming from. These competitive drivers need something to fight for, even if it's just P2 in the driver standing. And it is a good thing, rather than having a driver that just gives up on everything the moment the title race is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I can see where Charles' coming from. These competitive drivers need something to fight for, even if it's just P2 in the driver standing. And it is a good thing, rather than having a driver that just gives up on everything the moment the title race is over.
    Agree

Forza Jules

Didn't watch live since there is no point and had better things to do.

Overall a total crap show.

Lando is a shmuck for hitting Charles.

Lou-Lou is a schmuck for hitting Max.

Chares put on a great show coming from the back. Can't believe that car kept going after that hit.

Of the teams that matter; Merc are the best at in-season development, Ferrari is the worst as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Exactly! It means you lost to 1st! So, pointles
    2nd place is first loser. Who cares? "If you're not first, you're last"

Why are you getting personal? Pointing out the truth hurts, I get it.

If we don’t change drastically, we will lose Charles after 2024. Alonso, Vettel, Charles. The list goes on and on. Destroying drivers year after year.
    Because that's his MO. He gets proven wrong, he bashes you, you respond, he erases your post and bans you. Petulant child.

Engineer: "Max, what happened?"

Verstappen on team radio: "I gave my reasons. I stand by it."

This is how Charles too need to be. If you want to win WDC, you need to be ruthless
    Bingo! If you want to be champion you give no quarter to anyone.

Checo on team radio :
    "Thank you for that, guys, thank you.

"It shows who he really is."
    Yeah, a winner. A double world champion. What are you Checo? Supporting cast. Sit down and shut up and be glad you're not in the Williams.

Quite agree, Hornet, although it has been pretty evident these past few races just how frustrated Charles has become after his season disintegrated so spectacularly and they still can't get things right. At least they got him back the race yesterday and what looked like another disaster for him turned into a well-earned P4. So he never gave up.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

Chares put on a great show coming from the back. Can't believe that car kept going after that hit.

Of the teams that matter; Merc are the best at in-season development, Ferrari is the worst as usual.

Because that's his MO. He gets proven wrong, he bashes you, you respond, he erases your post and bans you. Petulant child.

Yeah, a winner. A double world champion. What are you Checo? Supporting cast. Sit down and shut up and be glad you're not in the Williams.
    Could not agree more with what you’ve said.....in a nutshell SPOT ON

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

What can I say....

Leclerc on his incident with Norris:

"Obviously, I know he is not this type of guy, but for some reason today he was very aggressive, and also yesterday with Carlos."

As I said earlier… these mclaren guys let others pass easily. But when they see Red cars… they throw themselves in somehow.
    What's wrong ? It is completely normal behavior ...for McLaren .

Leclerc on his incident with Norris:

"Obviously, I know he is not this type of guy, but for some reason today he was very aggressive, and also yesterday with Carlos."

As I said earlier… these mclaren guys let others pass easily. But when they see Red cars… they throw themselves in somehow.
    Good to see that Leclerc is defending his team-mate, We don't see this often in other teams. it's impressive

When Shumy got home @ Merc he went 0 for 3 years! Was it the car? Or lack of Todt , Ross and add Rubens? It's hard to just "Let him pass" with zero wins with his home team. Even 2010 @ Hungary trying to kill Rubens into a concrete wall he still came in behind Rubens at the finish! Like it or not , Sr Lewis letting Russell win his 1st is an honorable way to treat your team mate! Had it been between Max and Russell ; Russell would have been DNF ed !
    Last edited by Brembo; 20th November 2022 at 02:18.