Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frédéric Vasseur

Frédéric Vasseur

If rumours are true is he the answer?

French so non Italian which will please many, has worked with Charles before. Has won a lot in lower formula's.

Not sure what else can be said, is he going to turn Ferrari into title winners?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

French so non Italian which will please many, has worked with Charles before. Has won a lot in lower formula's.

Answer is no..!!

Answer is no..!!

Not too optimistic, pretty much same feeling when I heard Sainz as Seb’s replacement

hopefully I get to be proved wrong if indeed rumours are true

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Not too optimistic, pretty much same feeling when I heard Sainz as Seb’s replacement

hopefully I get to be proved wrong if indeed rumours are true
    Mattia Binotto & Elkan expected to give a statement soon.

Mattia denied its just rumours.

Well I don't know but if the rumours are true I hope he's better at making the team communicate and more decisive in their decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Well I don't know but if the rumours are true I hope he's better at making the team communicate and more decisive in their decision making.
    exactly. Effective communication, which seems to be lacking now.

I don’t know what he can bring to the team: technically Vasseur doesn’t have, by far, the level of Binotto, “politically” (and we know how much this matters for a major F1 team) he has zero experience at high level, and finally the French connection he maintains with the disastrous Menkies doesn’t bode well.
    If the rumours are true, I feel a bit depressed.
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

So according to Jean Alesi, there will be changes, but not necessarily regarding Binotto. Sounds promising.

~FORZA FERRARI~

I guess Fred will join alongside with binotto.

N.O. W.A.Y.

The way Binotto answered to relevant questions on Saturday of Abu Dhabi, means than FV will come to the team. To which capacity, is to be shown.

It was a Frenchman who was TP when we were on top last time, Jean Todt but he had a good team around him. Maybe Fred will bring some of his own staff.
    Never say never. He could be great and Charles may shine under his leadership. {if that's his role}
    if he can deal with the politics it will help as Binotto puts up no fight.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 19th November 2022 at 21:29.

Forza Jules

Perhaps Vasseur will take over as Racing Director from Mekies while Binotto remains as Team Principal and can focus on the technical department.

There were also rumours that Mekies and Rueda could be going to Alfa Romeo.

rueda and inaki should go away

Let's see.
    It seems sure that he will join the team.

Italian TPs have not worked.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Perhaps Vasseur will take over as Racing Director from Mekies while Binotto remains as Team Principal and can focus on the technical department.

There were also rumours that Mekies and Rueda could be going to Alfa Romeo.
    This sounds somewhat realistic.

But, it'll all hinge on the hope that Binnoto and Vasseur can co-exist.

We should all be able to agree on the following (according to what we've been witnessing at least) :
    1. Binotto has limits re: his role as a TP
    2. He struggles re: his relations with Charles
    3. He has excellent technical skills.

Taking into consideration the aforementioned, I think that Vasseur fits in a scenario where Binotto will delegate to him the TP duties.
    He will keep (or partake) technical duties, in order to save face (Ferrari should do something in order to not show this is a demotion, at least
    not at first).
    Vasseur will have direct contact with the drivers, this way if I am right, this will solve the #1/#2 issue as well (big issue this year if you ask me).
    And yes , I believe Vasseur will have authority to make change to the pit wall.
    Last edited by aroutis; 21st November 2022 at 13:41.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Isn't the job of the Sporting director to run the pitwall/race operations?

Otherwise, why do you need him?

The simple solution would have been to have brought Todt in to help mentor Binotto. This year would have gone very differently if Todt had been there the way that Binotto wanted.

By the way, Binotto is born in Switzerland (not Italy) and educated outside of Italy. I swear some of you think everyone with an Italian last name is an idiot...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The simple solution would have been to have brought Todt in to help mentor Binotto. This year would have gone very differently if Todt had been there the way that Binotto wanted.

By the way, Binotto is born in Switzerland (not Italy) and educated outside of Italy. I swear some of you think everyone with an Italian last name is an idiot...
    Binotto was favored by Camilleri to replace Arrivabene who was chosen by Marchionne (gone too soon before wiping out LCdM’s Machiavellian style). I think it’s a matter of decision making (eg. Putting the right man for the job, task distribution, etc) rather than nationality to do the job. That’s why a TP is given such power to exercise & fight to achieve results.

Mick was also born and raised and educated in Switzerland not Germany . But he is said to be German because as we all know his heritage. Both Rubens and Felipe are from Italian heritage but were born in Brasil. The opposite of Mick!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Mick was also born and raised and educated in Switzerland not Germany . But he is said to be German because as we all know his heritage. Both Rubens and Felipe are from Italian heritage but were born in Brasil. The opposite of Mick!
    He has dual nationality, as many drivers have, but they have to choose one to race under.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    He has dual nationality, as many drivers have, but they have to choose one to race under.
    That answers my question! Thanks.

Enzo Ferrari! It don't get more Italian than that.

Sources say that an interim manager will be put in place namely Benedetto Vigna for the first few months. Are they waiting on Fred to learn Italian????
    Last edited by racingbradley; 26th November 2022 at 16:20.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Sources say that an interim manager will be put in place namely Benedetto Vigna for the first few months. Are they waiting on Fred to learn Italian????
    I'm not convinced that Binotto's departure will help the team at this critical time, much better to have kept him in his technical role and appointed a TP who has the experience and guts to stand up to the FIA/Liberty, Mattia may be unpopular with many tifosi but he did a great job with the F1-75.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'm not convinced that Binotto's departure will help the team at this critical time, much better to have kept him in his technical role and appointed a TP who has the experience and guts to stand up to the FIA/Liberty, Mattia may be unpopular with many tifosi but he did a great job with the F1-75.
    It’s sad that after 30 years with Ferrari they want to sack him
    Maybe he’ll just be transferred back to the factory as he’s a great engineer
    I would promote him to technical director of chassis department

Again it’d be sad to seem him go and end up at Merc, like all the good talent Ferrari let go in the past
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.