Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    I will try to explain how that strategy was that much bad.

Perez was already expected to overtake Leclerc, according to calculations from both Redbull and Ferrari. (remember what was said to leclerc on the radio from the pit wall, "we will be taken over," when leclerc asked them another stop is probably so late)

Lap 34(24), 19.9 seconds from Leclerc when Perez comes out of the pits. Perez needs to close an average of 0.830 (per lap) seconds to beat Leclerc.

lap 45(13), 10 seconds difference between perez and leclerc. Perez reduced the gap by 1 second per lap. Much more successful than the average given to him.

lap 46(12) the gap increased to 10.3. because when Perez passed Lewis on the 1st drs straight instead of the 2nd drs zone, Lewis got into a fight with him.

lap 47(11) Perez overtook Lewis. the difference is the same as the difference in lap 45. 10 seconds again.

Perez lost 2 seconds here, and also wore out his tires. After this point, he should have closed a gap of 0.9 seconds per lap. Here, too, he lost time with 2 cars that had to lap under blue flags. So in total he lost 3.5 seconds. 2 seconds is his own fault, 1.5 seconds is due to the vehicles he will ride. Moreover, on top of all this, Leclerc gave a great performance. According to calculations, Perez would catch Leclerc 3 laps before the finish and even would be ahead by 2-3 seconds.

That's a gamble when you have the tyre advantage. I also say that the tire advantage should be maintained, just like in Austria. I'm open to gambles when you need it but here we didnt need it, while we have same hard tyres life with RB, we are always better far away. why you are giving tire advantage to them when we and they are on hards.

You guys asked me what if SC comes. and they put softs?
    no need SC for RB to put softs, they could have been used soft-medium-medium strategy or medium-hard-medium strategy at least for perez. they still would have overtaken us. but the sc would be for their advantage in every situation. because everyone would have gone for softs including us.
    You forget that Leclerc had caught in the MSC-LAT incident. That cost him 2 or 3 seconds.

i dislike skysports and i never watch it. i watch dazn f1 for improving my spanish. I just said what george said on the radio. right? lewis' pace was not bad against sainz. sainz ws struggling with the mediums

and they were pretty strong on the mediums. but after the first pit windows, george got 5 sec. penalty, and lewis' car damaged. and everyone else put on these hards. no one expected mercs to overtake us when everyone else on the hards. thats all

in addition: lperez got out of drs against lec as well. our gap between mercs were not so much. they screwed up and could not find an opportunity to overtake us. lewis broke his car, after putting on the hards. they were not our rivals. they were our rivals till lewis broke his car
    i have F1TV, i wish they had Italian audio so i could improve my italian. or a way to get more reliable Sky Italia streams

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    You forget that Leclerc had caught in the MSC-LAT incident. That cost him 2 or 3 seconds.
    i didnt forget it, he pushed a bit and gained that amount of time again. he was kind towards his tyres, but perez flatted out and melted his tyres, of course he still had tyre advantage against leclerc. leclerc didnt eat his tyres completely, we should not consider and compare tyre life on the basis of laps. because perez's tyres were becoming into a kebab. he took 1sec per laps at first. but after battling against lewis he could not catch 1 sec not even 0.8sec.

i want to say that there are certain intervals in which tires work most efficiently, and it gives you a lot of time advantage, It is very efficient in this range. other than that, its efficiency is declining.
    here is the thing, he lost that intervals battling with lewis, im sure that leclerc's tyres were not completelty dead. i think leclerc saved a bit of it for a possible battle against checo.

for ex: leclerc ate his tyres %60 in 30 laps. But checo ate its %40 in 15 laps, perez pushed it too much and consumed its efficency in a tiny amount of time. plus we are better on hards than RB. Leclerc was driver of the day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i have F1TV, i wish they had Italian audio so i could improve my italian. or a way to get more reliable Sky Italia streams

i dont have it, im broke.

i prefer dazn f1. i like spaniards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i'm so sick of Lewis, he always resorts to going off track rather than conceding position which he should have done in the Sainz incident, in hopes of a penalty in his favor... or contact... which usually goes in his favor too.
    agreed......but that's been his "mo" (motus operandi). He did it last year with Max at the same track at the same corner. No further investigation. He also did it in Mexico at the chicane in 2016 I believe.

his car damaged and he got what he deserved, broken ground and cut power. sainz passed him clearly, but he cut the corner and started chasing leclerc. it was digusting
    1st it was loss of power. Then the car felt broken. Yet he was gaining ground all the while. Then he was stuck in gear due to a hydraulic failure. Good for him!!!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

This should end the Leclerc can’t save tires narrative. Absolutely bossed Checo in a slower car and a slower strategy while finishing more than 15 seconds in front if his teammate. Number 1 driver!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He had every chance to win it in 2018 but decided to throw it away, Alonso also had a very good chance but Grosjean put a stop to that.

You don't do well with things that happened longer than 5 mins ago....
    You simp so hard that you don’t even read. I said I was sad he didn’t win with Ferrari. Did I blame Ferrari anywhere in that statement or is you knee-jerk reaction to blame him preemptively?

Bro, you’re clown-shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    You simp so hard that you don’t even read. I said I was sad he didn’t win with Ferrari. Did I blame Ferrari anywhere in that statement or is you knee-jerk reaction to blame him preemptively?

Bro, you’re clown-shoes.
    No you said he never got a chance, well yes he did. Try and reply without insults be a grown up. And try and remember what you wrote.

What’s most sad is that he never got a chance to win a ship with Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

No you said he never got a chance, well yes he did. Try and reply without insults be a grown up. And try and remember what you wrote.
    Be a grown up? That’s rich coming from someone who will not allow members on this board to speak like adults with your kindergarten naughty language rules.

Hahahahhahahaha. Oh Greig, classic. Pure gold.

Be a grown up? That’s rich coming from someone who will not allow members on this board to speak like adults with your kindergarten naughty language rules.

Hahahahhahahaha. Oh Greig, classic. Pure gold.
    You can speak like an adult all day long here. You could maybe even try it.
    Forza Ferrari

You can speak like an adult all day long here. You could maybe even try it.
    Adults use “adult” language. You’re afraid of it for some unknown reason.

Oh wait… that explains it Ahahahahahhahahahaha

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...ger-vocabulary

Seems like the growing up will take a bit longer
    Forza Ferrari

Seems like the growing up will take a bit longer
    lol says the guy afraid of curse words HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lol says the guy afraid of curse words HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I am not afraid of them, you can use them if you want. Go for it
    Forza Ferrari

I am not afraid of them, you can use them if you want. Go for it
    That’s why they appear as asterisks and why you send warnings and drop bans for attempting to circumvent the filters?

Does that big red foam nose make it hard to watch the races?

That’s why they appear as asterisks and why you send warnings and drop bans for attempting to circumvent the filters?

Does that big red foam nose make it hard to watch the races?
    Coward.
    Forza Ferrari

Coward.
    Go to bed Greig. You’re drunk.

Go to bed Greig. You’re drunk.
    Reading your posts is enough to make anyone feel drunk.
    Forza Ferrari

Anyone notice how many points Leclerc and Sainz finished in points for the end of 2022?(wink) (wink)

Leclerc 308 pts.

Sainz 246 pts.

How ironic!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Anyone notice how many points Leclerc and Sainz finished in points for the end of 2022?(wink) (wink)

Leclerc 308 pts.

Sainz 246 pts.

How ironic!
    Anyone expected something different ? :P
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Anyone expected something different ? :P
    I wouldn't mind Leclerc having 599 points......

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Leclerc 308 pts.

Sainz 246 pts.

How ironic!
    Santander may well cause a difference as far as points go. As long as WCCs go way up ; I'm a happy Ferrari fan !