Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202132 ... LastLast

Thread: SF23 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    unrelated, but does this website's owner needs help in setting up TLS ?
    PM him?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Pre Season Testing

Will pre season testing be shown on sky sports?

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    Will pre season testing be shown on sky sports?
    probably pay per view if its up to Liberty media.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    F1-75 had the most downforce out of all last year. Now add in the 2023 engine, even more redefined aero, I have zero doubt that the SF23 will be the fastest car in Bahrain.

But it doesn't matter how much faster the car is at the beginning, sure, it's always ideal to start the season with the strongest package. But everything depends on our in-season development and how fast we can bring in working parts to the track.
    This is our Achilles heel for seasons like 2017/2018/2019 & 2022.

Above seasons we started off well but gradually that margin diminished. I’m more concerned for this season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    This is our Achilles heel for seasons like 2017/2018/2019 & 2022.

Above seasons we started off well but gradually that margin diminished. I’m more concerned for this season as well.
    Make no mistake, this is one of the reason Binotto was sacked.
    I am pretty sure this is one of the things Vasseur has to improve and he knows it.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Almost the same car as 2022.Red Bull and Mercedes will come up with a b spec car again...and we will have again the same story.Ferrari easily third...being second fastest will be a huge surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by faloupas View Post
    Almost the same car as 2022.Red Bull and Mercedes will come up with a b spec car again...and we will have again the same story.Ferrari easily third...being second fastest will be a huge surprise.
    SF23 is so far and different from last year car, you must be blind not to see it

It's an evolution of the car/design concept.

Same applies to the Ferrari F1 cars from the mid 90's to mid 2000's.

This guy has a pretty good breakdown of what changed and what is happening on the SF23.

https://youtu.be/vA8xxmEyOqI

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    PM him?
    i would if i knew who he was. On mobiles it's bugging bc of this Screenshot_20230216-151524.png

In my opinion an evolution makes sense when the car is a winner.
    F399 won the WCC and the evolution was F12000 and all the cars until F2005.
    SF75 was not a winner...
    Lets see what SF23 can do...
    I prefer the evolution during the year and especially after the summer break...this path will lead us to championships.
    Also important is Charles to be No1 driver.

SF75 was not a winner...
    I prefer the evolution during the year and especially after the summer break...this path will lead us to championships.
    The F399 was also an evolution of the F300.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Make no mistake, this is one of the reason Binotto was sacked.
    I am pretty sure this is one of the things Vasseur has to improve and he knows it.
    It's one of the points that I mentioned last year, if you spend more during the offseason than others, you wont have as much money left against the cap to develop during the year. If they spent more than others during the offseason, before Vasseur was announced, there will also be less money this year to develop. That's a hypothetical for the time being obviously.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It's one of the points that I mentioned last year, if you spend more during the offseason than others, you wont have as much money left against the cap to develop during the year. If they spent more than others during the offseason, before Vasseur was announced, there will also be less money this year to develop. That's a hypothetical for the time being obviously.
    Don't forget RB penalty, less windtunel time and less money to spend

SF75 was not a winner...
    F1-75 was a potent machinery in theory, suffering PU reliability, made worse with bad strategies. Now the reliability has been fixed. Combined with some evolution and supposedly a real manager, it should be a better season than last year

SF75 was not a winner...
    So you wanted us to start with a whole new car and throw away the race winning design we created?

Yeah what a great idea, great to see you already moaning before a wheel has turned also, give it a rest.

Your beloved hero's Mercedes have gone for evolution also....but you can already tell us they are right to do it, while we are not. Pathetic fan.
    Forza Ferrari

And you know this, how? Serious question.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    And you know this, how? Serious question.
    he doesn't know anything....he's a freaking troll and he calls himself a Ferrari fan....

The new car follows the previous concept?
    So these guys seem to know what they’re doing. They couldn’t adapt the car last year, but we can’t say it didn’t have potential
    Adapting and strengthening it is probably the right decision.
    So I’m pretty confident
    My fear lies rather in the fact that Marcos and Rueda are still in the team...
    Go Charles, time to spank Verstapen has come!
    Last edited by Gilles; 16th February 2023 at 20:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    The new car follows the previous concept?
    So these guys seem to know what they’re doing. They couldn’t adapt the car last year, but we can’t say it didn’t have potential
    Adapting and strengthening it is probably the right decision.
    So I’m pretty confident
    My fear lies rather in the fact that Marcos and Rueda are still in the team...
    Go Charles, time to spank Verstapen has come!
    Car adapted fine until the TD, but your just going to post the same drivel over and over.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So you wanted us to start with a whole new car and throw away the race winning design we created?

Yeah what a great idea, great to see you already moaning before a wheel has turned also, give it a rest.

Your beloved hero's Mercedes have gone for evolution also....but you can already tell us they are right to do it, while we are not. Pathetic fan.
    Hi Greig...
    Ferrari fan since 1994....
    Pathetic or not im happy that you understand that im a fan.
    Lets have a good season and Ferrari win both championships...no matter what i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    The F399 was also an evolution of the F300.
    Yes you are right.I forgot F300.

Car adapted fine until the TD, but your just going to post the same drivel over and over.
    Yes i will!
    Just as you will continue to be so friendly

I called for Binotto to be fired and you said I wasn't a fan of the team
    ... But the team fired Binotto
    I ask for Marcos and Rueda to be fired because their behavior is hurting the team
    Likewise, I find the way Sainz and his family play politic in the team as harmful
    My humble opinion is that without change on their part, the team will not keep these people there either

But keep attacking people, looks like you like it
    Last edited by Gilles; 17th February 2023 at 13:04.

Once again, the new car looks fantastic.

We know the design concept works in terms of speed, 12 pole positions last year, even with a de-tuned engine at some races!

If the tyre degradation issues can be fixed and the engine able run at full power, the SF-23 should have great potential.

[QUOTE=faloupas;1074671]In my opinion an evolution makes sense when the car is a winner.

Also important is Charles to be No 1 driver.[/QUOTE

Correct! It's important there's No #1, #2 driver Charles and Carlos need to drive to win not move over! Total points =s WCC! Ferrari the Team is long over due.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Once again, the new car looks fantastic.

We know the design concept works in terms of speed, 12 pole positions last year, even with a de-tuned engine at some races!

If the tyre degradation issues can be fixed and the engine able run at full power, the SF-23 should have great potential.
    I really like what they have done on the front part of the car, I hope it will be real progress
    Objectively, this year and for the first time in a long time, they really have a lot of arguments. I don't believe Verstapen will have a quiet year, if there is no Newey's silver bullet, or FIA rule change

In an intricate sport like F1, even a mere millimeter makes a huge difference. After TD39, Ferrari were forced to raise the floor and lost all the performance.

But I have no doubt that the team made huge strides this year. It will be the car to beat at the beginning. But all depends on the development. The whole "the car is fast so there's no need to rush upgrades" mentality should be thrown into the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    In an intricate sport like F1, even a mere millimeter makes a huge difference. After TD39, Ferrari were forced to raise the floor and lost all the performance.

But I have no doubt that the team made huge strides this year. It will be the car to beat at the beginning. But all depends on the development. The whole "the car is fast so there's no need to rush upgrades" mentality should be thrown into the bin.
    that was Binotto's mentality....i'm sure Fred's opinion on that matter will be totally different now that he's in charge
    in a budget cap era that will be policed throughout the year, teh team can't just spend obnouxious amount of money at the car....so whatever upgrades we'll be bringing they better be working first try

I am very rarely on the same side as Greig, but he is absolutely right here. The base was great last year, and there were reasons why we couldn't compete in the second half of the season. We have to improve in tire management and reliability, our raw pace was great so it makes absolutely sense to continue the development of last year's car. Everything else would be a stupid waste of resources, especially with a budget cap.

[QUOTE=Brembo;1074687]

Also important is Charles to be No 1 driver.[/QUOTE

Correct! It's important there's No #1, #2 driver Charles and Carlos need to drive to win not move over! Total points =s WCC! Ferrari the Team is long over due.
    It is absolutely important to go the same route as RB. Charles is our future, no more stupid mistakes because of dumb decisions. We would have finished 1-2 in Silverstone with more WCC points if we would have treated Charles like the faster driver. Guess what, he is the faster driver.