Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Binotto resigns

Binotto resigns

Alright it is Official Now. Binotto has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Alright it is Official Now. Binotto has gone.
    will he stay at ferrari or leave it for good?

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    will he stay at ferrari or leave it for good?
    Leave

Mattia Binotto said: “With the regret that this entails, I have decided to conclude my collaboration with Ferrari. I am leaving a company that I love, which I have been part of for 28 years, with the serenity that comes from the convinction that I have made every effort to achieve the objectives set. I leave a united and growing team. A strong team, ready, I’m sure, to achieve the highest goals, to which I wish all the best for the future. I think it is right to take this step at this time as hard as this decision has been for me. I would like to thank all the people at the Gestione Sportiva who have shared this journey with me, made up of difficulties but also of great satisfaction.”
    Forza Ferrari

Holy crap

losing him completely is so bad. getting rid of him as a team principal is so good.

but i dont know what happens in total

Could see this coming but I’m afraid losing an engineer of his caliber is not good

John Elkann also got rid of all the Juve board.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Last of the Schumacher era to go?
    Forza Ferrari

sad. news that he is leaving altogether and not going back to development.

Forza Jules

Most guys in this forum will be sooo happy now, having cruicified Binotto for most of this year.
    We will see who replaces him now and how he performs, but I fear that unless results come like immediately he would be flayed by you guys in no time...
    I, for one, am sorry to see him gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    Most guys in this forum will be sooo happy now, having cruicified Binotto for most of this year.
    We will see who replaces him now and how he performs, but I fear that unless results come like immediately he would be flayed by you guys in no time...
    I, for one, am sorry to see him gone...

Todt, himself, joined the SF by the end of 1993 and it took him & the rest of the Scuderia to win a championship by 2000.
    I personally feel Binnoto deserved another year (2023), to prove his worth.

But, whatever happened, had to happen.
    We, as devot fans of the SF, have to sit with our fingers crossed.

Binotto goes to Mercedes and succeeds with Mercedes??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    John Elkann also got rid of all the Juve board.
    yeah in one day he managed to destroy juve na SF for many years to come

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Binotto goes to Mercedes and succeeds with Mercedes??

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The length that some of these so called rumors go to.......is laughable.
    Forza Ferrari

and I quote Sergeant Hulka: "Lighten up Francis!" (it was a joke at best)

I suppose he felt he had no option but to resign but I'm not convinced the timing is appropriate unless his priority on the 2023 car has resulted in reliability and power being improved. I have always thought we needed a stronger TP but I am sorry to see Binotto go from a technical standpoint. What this means for 2023 is anyone's guess.

Marlboro Man to return
    Last edited by Lesky; 29th November 2022 at 13:02.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Not good.
    Nobody is perfect, but I don't think we will be happy with this next year.........
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Right now i feel quite numb !!! To me it looks more like an ego confrontation and not a well esteblished plan . Im afraid that we will end up like McLaren since Dennis left. Woth no good leader they end up an established midfield team. And for that im nor talking about Binnoto (as our leader) but more for the whole Ferrari head !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I say, happy days, he was instrumental in the debacle of the power unit in 2020, and more tears with this 2022 unit that yes, may be powerful, but incredibly fragile.
    Further he was vociferous in defending the strategy team, which really REALLY screwed up more often than not.
    So for my part good bye and blessings, but hopefully a better TP is incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I suppose he felt he had no option but to resign but I'm not convinced the timing is appropriate unless his priority on the 2023 car has resulted in reliability and power being improved. I have always thought we needed a stronger TP but I am sorry to see Binotto go from a technical standpoint. What this means for 2023 is anyone's guess.
    Hard to imagine it can bring anything good for 2023.
    When we look at other successful teams, at least in modern times, leaders like Horner and Wolff are people who have been there leading the team for a long time. They take years to build the team up for success.
    This is what Todt did with Ferrari too.

While I don't think Ferrari is as bad as how we were back when Todt joined, I think it will take time for the new person to build a strong team.

To take the team from where it was on day one to where we ended up is pitiful. Without two strong drivers in the shape of LEC and SAI, we'd have struggled even more.
    Trying to be less angry..

Pretty good article. While I believe changes were needed, this could turn into an absolute disaster for Ferrari and we may be in for some rough times ahead as tifosi. He knew too much about our weaknesses and what to address for 2023, I don’t know how an intern TP could carry on with that process and be successful.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...2023/10405992/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Pretty good article. While I believe changes were needed, this could turn into an absolute disaster for Ferrari and we may be in for some rough times ahead as tifosi. He knew too much about our weaknesses and what to address for 2023, I don’t know how an intern TP could carry on with that process and be successful.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...2023/10405992/
    not too much of a problem, if said tp comes from a current batch of f1 tp's as in Vasseur.

I'm not so sure i agree with all that has been shared on here.

Let me explain why i think so.

I do not profess to know the ins and outs of FERRARI, and nor know how to run an F1 team either.

But saying that we're going to struggle is beyond me. The reason i say this is if or when we get our TP, and of he's a good one, he'd see that the base foundation and direction of the car design is going. We have top designers that designed our chassis and aero package. All that remains is for this TP to take control and drive this project, the team and the drivers. There will be some trials and tribulations that will come for sure. But to say we're going to struggle isn't fair on us either.
    If we should get a top TP, Then i cannot see why he won't fit in pretty quickly and get the ball rolling again.

Please don't shoot me down, i'm looking at this in the same manner as i have 2 new businesses that i can proudly say " i've done it " and both are working pretty well. PS: This is not a brag. Just someone talking with a bit of vision, that's all. I do get it that F1 is tough, but we can get out of this position with the right TP.

Guess i'm trying to stay positive albeit we don't have a TP right now.
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    I'm not so sure i agree with all that has been shared on here.

Let me explain why i think so.

I do not profess to know the ins and outs of FERRARI, and nor know how to run an F1 team either.

But saying that we're going to struggle is beyond me. The reason i say this is if or when we get our TP, and of he's a good one, he'd see that the base foundation and direction of the car design is going. We have top designers that designed our chassis and aero package. All that remains is for this TP to take control and drive this project, the team and the drivers. There will be some trials and tribulations that will come for sure. But to say we're going to struggle isn't fair on us either.
    If we should get a top TP, Then i cannot see why he won't fit in pretty quickly and get the ball rolling again.

Please don't shoot me down, i'm looking at this in the same manner as i have 2 new businesses that i can proudly say " i've done it " and both are working pretty well. PS: This is not a brag. Just someone talking with a bit of vision, that's all. I do get it that F1 is tough, but we can get out of this position with the right TP.

Guess i'm trying to stay positive albeit we don't have a TP right now.
    Yes, but Mattia filled two roles. We are losing both our Technical Director and Team Principal.

https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/...808547845?s=21
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

This is an unmitigated disaster. He needed a mentor, not to be pushed out of the team. I don't have a very positive opinion of Elkann.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

It seems Ferrari have double the trouble with Binotto leaving. It seems he held the team principal role and technical director role as well. Binotto didn't fill the technical role while team principal.

Ouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Yes, but Mattia filled two roles. We are losing both our Technical Director and Team Principal.

https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/...808547845?s=21

You're telling me he had nobody alongside him in the technical department next to his side, but rather carried all this massive burden all on his shoulders by himself ?.........Somehow i don't think this would have been ethical to keep all our eggs in one basket, surely ?
    Drive it like you stole it!