Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 80

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    305

    2023 F1 news/rumours

    Well, the year 2023 comes rolling in.

    Hope it's as rewarding as we expect it's going to be.

    But, as ever - Fuerza Ferrari!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,235
    I'm thinking Vasseur vs. Santander will be a great way to watch our Ferrari two drivers at t their best!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I'm thinking Vasseur vs. Santander will be a great way to watch our Ferrari two drivers at t their best!!
    Russell v. Mercedes and Perez v. RBR, included

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Russell v. Mercedes and Perez v. RBR, included
    it all adds up to an exciting year ahead.


    Forza Jules

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    it all adds up to an exciting year ahead.
    Absolutely!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    it all adds up to an exciting year ahead.
    Absolutely!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    305
    Ferrari, 'Binotto's men' under scrutiny in 2023

    Next season will be crucial for chassis manager Enrico Cardile, aerodynamics chief David Sanchez and power unit director Enrico Gualtieri

    In today's edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport , Gianluca Gasparini analyzed that the next championship will be crucial, more than for the newcomer Vasseur, for " the men that the Frenchman is called to manage ", with reference to the technical organizational chart defined " Binotto's men ". The horizontal organization desired by Sergio Marchionne, with the presence of department managers and the absence of a single big name as technical director, had led Enrico Cardile to fill the role of chassis manager, David Sanchez number one in aerodynamics and Enrico Gualtieri as a reference figure of the power unit. " A close-knit trio that has been working together for some time ", is described by the Milanese newspaper, which hypothesized that the difficulties with updates during the season may have been the result of a " lack of ideas " . Hence the need for 2023 for " flashes that could be present immediately, but which can and must arrive even later “, highlighting the obligation to “bring out more courage ”. Finally, Gasparini concluded: “ More than Vasseur , the designers and their development capacity will be under scrutiny”.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    15,018
    My dear Tifosi, another year has passed... Yet again without championship... Hope 2023 will be better and CWC with WDC will come back to Maranello!
    I wish you all health, joy and happiness!!!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    My dear Tifosi, another year has passed... Yet again without championship... Hope 2023 will be better and CWC with WDC will come back to Maranello!
    I wish you all health, joy and happiness!!!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    We all hope for the same outcome, stefa, but it'll probably be even harder in 2023 than 2022. The team as a whole needs to get it together and be ready to develop in a cohesive manner, it can be done and I hope lessons have been learned! Wishing the team and all tifosi a Happy New Year with health and success too!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,920
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    We all hope for the same outcome, stefa, but it'll probably be even harder in 2023 than 2022. The team as a whole needs to get it together and be ready to develop in a cohesive manner, it can be done and I hope lessons have been learned! Wishing the team and all tifosi a Happy New Year with health and success too!
    + 1 Great post.


    Forza Jules

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,235
    The best to you Wisepie ; R Bradley also!! Wishing fairness and victories for Fred our new TP and Charles, and Santander and Carlos!!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    15,018
    it’s officially been 16 years of wait at maranello for the 16th championship of scuderia ferrari…

    we believe in you driver n°16 🙏

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,377
    Ferrari already has 16 Championships though?

    Anyway let's hope 2023 is a good one for us.
    Forza Ferrari

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    15,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ferrari already has 16 Championships though?

    Anyway let's hope 2023 is a good one for us.
    Ferrari - 16 Constructors' titles, 15 Driver titles
    Constructors' wins: 1961, 1964, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008
    Drivers' wins: 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1964, 1975, 1977, 1979, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007

    We are waiting for that 16th WDC!
    Last edited by stefa; 1st January 2023 at 13:45.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,267
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Ferrari - 16 Constructors' titles, 15 Driver titles
    Constructors' wins: 1961, 1964, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008
    Drivers' wins: 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1964, 1975, 1977, 1979, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007

    We are waiting for that 16th WDC!
    and 17th WCC
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I'm thinking Vasseur vs. Santander will be a great way to watch our Ferrari two drivers at t their best!!
    If both drivers are fast enough, it won't be a problem.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    15,018
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    and 17th WCC
    EXACTLY!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    34
    Good start on the year...
    Ferrari banned from meeting for 2026 engine regulations
    https://racingnews365.com/ferrari-ba...ne-regulations

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoded View Post
    Good start on the year...
    Ferrari banned from meeting for 2026 engine regulations
    https://racingnews365.com/ferrari-ba...ne-regulations
    Saw that but it was their own fault.


    Forza Jules

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoded View Post
    Good start on the year...
    Ferrari banned from meeting for 2026 engine regulations
    https://racingnews365.com/ferrari-ba...ne-regulations
    How awkward. The FIA even gave an extension till Dec. 22nd of last year.

    I wonder why Ferrari did this?
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,267
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    How awkward. The FIA even gave an extension till Dec. 22nd of last year.

    I wonder why Ferrari did this?
    Apparently, red bull wants to enter as a NEW entrant in 2026 (just like Audi and Porsche) as red bull power trains so that they will benefit for more money for development just like Audi and Porsche get ( but these 2 really deserve it as they are new entrants), whereas red fulls want to play the victim card too, new name so they think they should get hose privileges too....well I say NO, they are not new entrants, they been with Honda for like 4 years now???

    So I think Ferrari is showing them the middle finger by taking their time to sign this....and wouldn’t surprise me if they are NOT gonna use their VETO on this
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Apparently, red bull wants to enter as a NEW entrant in 2026 (just like Audi and Porsche) as red bull power trains so that they will benefit for more money for development just like Audi and Porsche get ( but these 2 really deserve it as they are new entrants), whereas red fulls want to play the victim card too, new name so they think they should get hose privileges too....well I say NO, they are not new entrants, they been with Honda for like 4 years now???

    So I think Ferrari is showing them the middle finger by taking their time to sign this....and wouldn’t surprise me if they are NOT gonna use their VETO on this
    Agreed.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Apparently, red bull wants to enter as a NEW entrant in 2026 (just like Audi and Porsche) as red bull power trains so that they will benefit for more money for development just like Audi and Porsche get ( but these 2 really deserve it as they are new entrants), whereas red fulls want to play the victim card too, new name so they think they should get hose privileges too....well I say NO, they are not new entrants, they been with Honda for like 4 years now???

    So I think Ferrari is showing them the middle finger by taking their time to sign this....and wouldn’t surprise me if they are NOT gonna use their VETO on this
    I hope that other teams don't allow RBR to take this advantage.
    They already have a strong political, management, technical, and driver platform within the sport.
    They don't need another boost.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    10,329
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Apparently, red bull wants to enter as a NEW entrant in 2026 (just like Audi and Porsche) as red bull power trains so that they will benefit for more money for development just like Audi and Porsche get ( but these 2 really deserve it as they are new entrants), whereas red fulls want to play the victim card too, new name so they think they should get hose privileges too....well I say NO, they are not new entrants, they been with Honda for like 4 years now???

    So I think Ferrari is showing them the middle finger by taking their time to sign this....and wouldn’t surprise me if they are NOT gonna use their VETO on this
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    I hope that other teams don't allow RBR to take this advantage.
    They already have a strong political, management, technical, and driver platform within the sport.
    They don't need another boost.
    Talk about a strategic loophole in the rules. RBR and Honda are playing this game very nicely.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Talk about a strategic loophole in the rules. RBR and Honda are playing this game very nicely.
    Even more reason for Ferrari to step up and make it clear that it would not be acceptable for RB to use the new entrant card. Ferrari should stand firm, I for one would probably stop following F1 without Ferrari being there.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,267
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Even more reason for Ferrari to step up and make it clear that it would not be acceptable for RB to use the new entrant card. Ferrari should stand firm, I for one would probably stop following F1 without Ferrari being there.
    Well it’s a no brainer, I would also stop watching F1 without Ferrari being there
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Well it’s a no brainer, I would also stop watching F1 without Ferrari being there
    The F1 forum would go extinct without Ferrari.

    Wonder if some archeologist will dig up the many arguments on this forum...

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    The F1 forum would go extinct without Ferrari.

    Wonder if some archeologist will dig up the many arguments on this forum...
    Let's not jump to conclusions just yet. Ferrari have been in F1 a long time. They are an institution.
    Life would not be the same without them.
    I cannot see it happening. F1 is their showcase.


    Forza Jules

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,157
    Afterwards they got into the meeting just fine I read.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,920
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Afterwards they got into the meeting just fine I read.
    Good news And Cinderella went to the ball after all


    Forza Jules

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •