Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

First off, Congrats to Ferrari for winning the Le Mans, it is such achievement to win it the first year after they came back, kudos to them…

But when talking to a coworker (who of course is a red fools fan) he contradicted me and said that the 499P project is NOT 100% Ferrari built and that they got some help with the chassis from Dallara….

I told him that he’s BS’ing me and that is probably NOT true….but he said that he heard it on 3 different podcasts….blah, blah, blah….

So then I told him, even if it is true (which I have my doubts) at least Ferrari have built a reliable engine and actually are competing in WEC….what is red bull doing??? How come they’re NOT in it?? So that kind of shut him up….LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    First off, Congrats to Ferrari for winning the Le Mans, it is such achievement to win it the first year after they came back, kudos to them…

But when talking to a coworker (who of course is a red fools fan) he contradicted me and said that the 499P project is NOT 100% Ferrari built and that they got some help with the chassis from Dallara….

I told him that he’s BS’ing me and that is probably NOT true….but he said that he heard it on 3 different podcasts….blah, blah, blah….

So then I told him, even if it is true (which I have my doubts) at least Ferrari have built a reliable engine and actually are competing in WEC….what is red bull doing??? How come they’re NOT in it?? So that kind of shut him up….LOL
    ALOT of chassis at LeMans are built by Dallara, to include the 499P, but it was designed by Ferrari to Ferrari's specifications.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Lots of teams utilize Oreca, Multimatic, and Dallara's production facilities. This is nothing new. Ferrari designed their hypercar, then contracted Dallara to conduct research and develop it. All of the other teams did the same thing.

Red Bull have Honda build engines for them, so they're just throwing stones.

Well I designed our home and a luxury builder built it let's not spoil the sun shine that ferrari has delivered .The only way is up.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Lots of teams utilize Oreca, Multimatic, and Dallara's production facilities. This is nothing new. Ferrari designed their hypercar, then contracted Dallara to conduct research and develop it. All of the other teams did the same thing.

Red Bull have Honda build engines for them, so they're just throwing stones.
    then how come they call it Ferrari AF-Corse ????? what is that actually mean??? why not just Ferrari

then how come they call it Ferrari AF-Corse ????? what is that actually mean??? why not just Ferrari
    AF Corse run the team for Ferrari as they have done for many years in the WEC and with great success. Ferrari have presumably entrusted them with this arrangement and look what a brilliant job they have done. I'm sure Rob can answer any other questions you may have, he has inside knowledge!

Because AF Corse is a different company to Ferrari . Ferrari don't have a race team in WEC but Ferrari is a manafacturer to provide racing cars to teams . Btw AF Corse still have many engineer from Ferrari .
    Look like a dream team is coming

no use talking to your average Red Bull fan, chances are they only got into F1 through DTS, they're not really into F1, they're into Formula Hollywood. Either that, or they're one of those brits that just switches to whichever team happens to be winning this year.

Never for Lewis!

Lewis a duo with Shakira nothing would surprise me and no doubt would become a chart topper that would just add millions more to there huge fortunes already.

Jay-Z gets the push and Lewis ends up with Beyonce...

Quel horreur!
    Trying to be less angry..

⚠️ | According to recent reports, Aston Martin's wind tunnel data suggests they will be able to catch Red Bull.
    ⚠️ | Mercedes will be introducing some of its biggest updates of 2023 in the next four rounds.

Toto Wolff explains the Silver Arrows are finding big "performance gains in the simulator."
    Both AM & Merc say they they have big improvements coming in the next races.
    So we might need something REALLY BIG if we want to surpass them !!!!
    Can we ??!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Honestly, the media try anything to get headlines and GP Today is no exception, stating that Charles will join Aston Martin when his Ferrari contract expires. Read the small print and it's just Ralf Schumacher sounding off again with his predictions. Unless.......who knows?!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Can we ??!!
    that's a BIG question....maybe we will, maybe we won't this year......maybe we'll do it in 2024....time will tell
    or maybe we;ll finally get that NEW SUSPENSION people keep talking about on here....but somehow i have my doubts we'll get anything related to that this year

Can we ??!!
    AM-Alonso hype train will continue till year end. In general, RB-Max is unstoppable they have plenty of pace in reserve.

Can we ??!!
    Send both drivers out to fight to fight to win. Can correct tyre changes and correct pit timing be that hard for a team like Ferrari?

Sounds like mercedes and AM are going to go bust with there budget cap,I think they do not really care either way.

Yes Ralph the mouth.

According to @Motorsport, Ferrari recently signed a "top" engineer from another team, but has to wait until early 2025 to see the effects. "I signed a top engineer a few weeks ago to join in 2025. He will only work on the car in 2025 and 2026.
    We change things, and overnight sometimes you have a problem, and you can fix it from race to race. We know that if we want to recruit, we're not talking in days, we're talking in years."

Fernando Alonso emerges as surprise Audi target for 2026.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfsmith View Post
    Fernando Alonso emerges as surprise Audi target for 2026.
    Would be a good move for Audi to get Alonso, long time away though.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Honestly, the media try anything to get headlines and GP Today is no exception, stating that Charles will join Aston Martin when his Ferrari contract expires. Read the small print and it's just Ralf Schumacher sounding off again with his predictions. Unless.......who knows?!
    It's probably the only real option for Charles if he leaves Ferrari, probably not a bad move as things stand currently.
    Forza Ferrari

Aston Martin copied red bull car concept let's see how it works for them next year when the inside knowledge has expired from there redbull recruit,my feeling is they will slip down the food chain significantly,intact ferrari are closing in now and so is mercedes Maclaren are improving rapidly my predication 5th best next year and Mr strolls party will conclude.There will be no top personal to poach they are stitched up or they will be on gardening leave,the period will be that long that they may as well call it farming leave.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    According to @Motorsport, Ferrari recently signed a "top" engineer from another team, but has to wait until early 2025 to see the effects. "I signed a top engineer a few weeks ago to join in 2025. He will only work on the car in 2025 and 2026.
    We change things, and overnight sometimes you have a problem, and you can fix it from race to race. We know that if we want to recruit, we're not talking in days, we're talking in years."

If Ferrari are willing to wait 2 years for this guy then he must be a pretty big , well known name. Most personnel would be let go with a gardening leave pretty quickly once they've signed a contract with another team.
    Maybe its the guy from Merc that got shoved aside when Allison came back. Havent heard much from him lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It's probably the only real option for Charles if he leaves Ferrari, probably not a bad move as things stand currently.
    It could be a good move which will not last for long-term.

I only see Ferrari/RB/Merc are good options for him.

Toto Wolff says Mercedes can fight Red Bull after the summer break:

"If we improve with the latest updates [for Silvertone], after the break, we will be able to fight with Red Bull."

If this is true, then hatsoff to Merc team.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Although it would be a huge blow if Charles leaves Ferrari, but at the end of the day, it wouldn't matter. What matters most is the car and whether Ferrari is capable of producing a car that would enable us to fight for the title and sustaining it.

But on the other hand, it's Ralf the lesser Schumacher. So indeed, we shouldn't be paying any attention to whatever Ralf says.

A good car #1; and Alonso; Carlos as team mates would put Ferrari back to the top! A statue of Fred would be enough. Meanwhile over @ merc lewis' biggest car complaint is he can't fit in his seat! They said they will get to it soon. Throw in a little porposing ! He's earning his pay for sure.
    Last edited by Brembo; 23rd June 2023 at 12:18.

LOL! What a joke. The FIA has no business in telling car manufactures what they can do with their own intellectual property. The cost cap is simply a feel good rule, and has been from day one.

If the FIA aren't careful they will make F1 totally irrelevant with these idiotic attempts to make F1 into an expensive version of Indycar.