Thread: Formula 1 Race Circuits you have been to.

Formula 1 Race Circuits you have been to.

Hope you don't mind me creating this Thread. Did have a look to see if anything had already been created.
    Have you been to a Formula 1 Race?

I have been to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, about four times. One of the times that I went was in 2009. Jenson Button Won the Drivers Championship with Brawn. In that Team was ex Ferrari people Ross Brawn, and Rubens Barrichello. I have also been to Silverstone on a Circuit Tour, and also went just before one Christmas. During the evening, people drove around part of the Circuit (you had to drive at a Maximum Speed of 20 mph, I think it was). You drove past illuminated scenes of Christmas from around the World, it was Brilliant. I have also visited with someone who was doing a Track Experience Day.
    I have been to the French Grand Prix at Magny Cours. The view we had was Fantastic, thought it was a Great Circuit. They don't Race there now, I believe. They now Race at the Paul Riccsrd Circuit?
    In 2000, I went to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza. This was the First Time that I had been to a Formula One Race, Live. The Noise and Speed was something else, different to watching it on TV. My Friend and I were stood alongside the straight, before the sweeping right hand bend that went towards the Finishing line. We were stood in the centre of the Ferrari supporters, we did stand out a bit, as we had bought Jordan t shirts and caps. I had a Jordan Jarno Trulli baseball cap. Had a soft spot for the Jordan Team at the time. This was the Race where there was a massive crash on the first lap. A Circuit Marshall had tragically lost his life during this Race.
    A Circuit I haven't been to, but technically seen from a Bus, was the Circuit in Montreal, Canada. I was on Holiday in Canada, did a Bus Tour of Montreal. We drove past the circuit.
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.

Singapore, India, Monaco, Melbourne

Silverstone and Monza

Monza 4times and barcelona 3 times(once was testing)
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Adelaide. Monza. Melbourne. My dream is to go to Monte Carlo 1 day.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Montreal a handful of times, Miami last year and will be going again this year.

The dream is to see Monza one day.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

COTA 2012. 1st F1 race in Texas and Schumachers final season. The V8's with KER's were loud.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Silverstone and Brands Hatch for British GPs 1970s-1980s, Monza 1967and 1970/71, also 2014, Monaco 1972, yes I'm ancient but always a Ferrari tifoso!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Silverstone and Brands Hatch for British GPs 1970s-1980s, Monza 1967and 1970/71, also 2014, Monaco 1972, yes I'm ancient but always a Ferrari tifoso!

Well...
    I am going to Hungaroring every year since 1995. Been to Barcelona, and twice to Abu Dhabi.
    This year, apart from Hungaroring, I am going to Imola and Monza.
    Hope to see wins there

Indy '05, '06 and '07

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    COTA 2012. 1st F1 race in Texas and Schumachers final season. The V8's with KER's were loud.
    I was there too, at turn 11.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Indy '05, '06 and '07

Turn 4
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Indy '05, '06 and '07

what a scam from the FIA"s point of view the '05 Indi grand prix was.....letting only 3 teams race

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    what a scam from the FIA"s point of view the '05 Indi grand prix was.....letting only 3 teams race
    we got free tickets to the 2006 GP out of it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Well...
    I am going to Hungaroring every year since 1995. Been to Barcelona, and twice to Abu Dhabi.
    This year, apart from Hungaroring, I am going to Imola and Monza.
    Hope to see wins there
    Lucky boy, stefa, Imola and Monza, passione Ferrari!

Just GP of Argentina 1997/98

Fortunately, I could enjoy a Schumi victory (98)

Some Fantastic Circuit destinations, that people have gone to, to watch Formula One Racing. I would like to go to the Belgium Grand Prix, watch the Race from the Eau Rouge area of the Circuit. Here is a YouTube Video, of Mark Webber Qualifying for the Grand Prix in Belgium. Mark is Racing in one of my Favourite Williams cars, the BMW FW27.

https://youtu.be/pKozog429jg

Monaco would be interesting. Would just go for the atmosphere, view the boats etc. As for the Race itself, been told there are only two places that cars can overtake?
    Came across a Formula One Holiday in the past. It was a two week trip, where you first went to Montreal to watch the Canadian Grand Prix. You then had a few days in New York City. Then you went onto Indianapolis, to watch the American Grand Prix. That trip would have been Fantastic.
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.

For those of you have have been to Spa, how did you do it? Where did you stay? Where do you park your car?

Seeing Kimi at Spa was on my bucket list. Clearly that will never happen but I’m hoping to still make it there in 2024. I would combine it with another country in Europe to make it a whole week or maybe a full week in Belgium, so I would rent a car and drive around, hens the question about parking. Also, do they let you walk the track after the race is over?

Silverstone 1999

we got free tickets to the 2006 GP out of it. LOL
    You got some great memory! I went to all the Indy F-1 races. I remember the free tickets to 2006! I even got to see my boy Rubens allowed to win one!! The grid girls were great !!

Kyalami 1983 and Monza 1990

Silverstone, Brands Hatch and Zandvoort - years ago, the second two.
    Trying to be less angry..

Barcelona from 1998 to 2010. Monza 2002, 2006 and 2007.