Nico Hulkenberg
    Kevin Magnussen
    [/B]Lance Stroll
    Nyck de Vries?
    [B]Oscar Piastri?
    Yuki Tsunoda
    Logan Sargeant?

question marks are idk their performnce,

i also think that lewis' dominance for a decade and driving the best car for years dulled his abilities and skills.

i also think that Leclerc is not enough good saving tyres we may be except last year. but i dislike his tyre management in general. however his racing craft and quali performance are great. i don't think that he is behind of Verstappen. they fought last year, and i saw that Leclerc is way too smart and intelligent than Verstappen, verstappen is just like the one who is aggressive without a brain. i would say a young lewis is better than max, but lewis can't push hard enough anymore, I think his abilities dulled during his dominance era because he won easily with the best of the best cars
    Last edited by stasera; 3rd March 2023 at 20:14.

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post

i also think that lewis' dominance for a decade and driving the best car for years dulled his abilities and skills.
    I also think this is likely.

My rankings of the pilots would be:
    1. Max Verstappen = Charles Leclerc
    (I would say that both are equally talented in my books – but, Verstappen has the brilliance of Newey and the competence of RBR to keep his mind at ease. Leclerc on the other hand...)

2. Fernando Alonso
    (Only reason I have Alonso in second is because of his age – I’ve always rated him highly)

3. Lewis Hamilton
    (Similar story to Verstappen – he’s had the luxury of the juggernaut, that is Mercedes. But, even I cant deny his presence in the sport)

4. George Russell
    (A diamond in the rough in my eyes – an underrated pilot)

5. Carlos Sainz
    (Sainz is calculative and politically savvy, but not as quick)

6. Lando Norris = Pierre Gasly
    (Lando is overrated in my eyes, but he has talent. Gasly, on the other hand, is ready for a top team)

7. Sergio Perez = Valtteri Bottas = Alex Albon
    (Perez has aged like fine milk but is quick. Bottas’s career is on an eventual downturn. Albon is impressive)

8. Estaban Ocon = Kevin Magnussen
    (Ocon and Magnussen have the finesse of sanding paper)

9. Nico Hulkenberg = Zhou Guanyu = Lance Stroll
    (Average. Though, Zhou shows his competence)

10. Yuki Tsunoda
    (If Tsunoda doesn’t improve this season, he definitely should either be cut mid-season or season’s end. He’s been on borrowed time for a while)

UNKNOWNS; Nyck de Vries - Oscar Piastri - Logan Sargeant (It’s tied between De Vries and Piastri)

1. Alonso == Leclerc
    2. Crashtappen == Sainz == Hamilton (maybe)

VER >= LEC > ALO > RUS >= HAM > NOR = SAI = PER

Don't really care about the rest.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

My top 10:

Fernando Alonso, all rounder, extremely intelligent, 10/10 for adapting to cars, was born to race
    Max Verstappen, has natural speed, age on his side, and extremely good in wet conditions
    Charles Leclerc, raw speed, focus and good head on his shoulders
    Lewis Hamilton, very intelligent, picks his battles carefully, keeps saying never give up but at times he does give up when things not happening
    Lando Norris, has natural talent, want to see this guy in a competitive machine
    George Russell, again seems like a very good driver, did well in underperforming Williams
    Carlos Sainz, solid driver to have but lacks that killer instinct and 2-3 tenths from tier 1 drivers
    Sergio Perez, age has made him better, solid driver
    Estaban Ocon, is talented but cocky, seems his only agenda in F1 is to stay ahead of his team mates
    Nico Hulkenberg, seems like a balanced driver, too bad he never drove a competitive machine to showcase his skills

Then these:

Valtteri Bottas
    Alex Albon
    Pierre Gasly
    Kevin Magnussen
    Zhou Guanyu
    Yuki Tsunoda
    Lance Stroll

Haven't seen enough of these 3. Although I'm eager to understand the Piastri hype

Logan Sargeant
    Oscar Piastri
    Nyck de Vries

I will do only a ranking of the four top lead drivers and their teammates. Why the teammates too? Because there is also a WCC which, at least for Ferrari, is even more important than the WDC. I use four criteria: raw speed, race intelligence, wet circumstances, personality in team.

Lead drivers (with explanation) :

Raw speed (no explanation needed) :

Leclerc
    Verstappen
    Hamilton
    Alonso

Race intelligence:

Alonso - almost always capable of maximizing the result with any car he is given. Fair racer.
    Hamilton - almost always the maximum result with a good car, but can give up if the car doesn't do what he wants. Mostly fair racer although there have been a few questionable incidents.
    Verstappen - almost always the maximum result with a good car, but gets very frustrated if the car doesn't do what he wants which sometimes results in a crash. Can be a fair racer, but can also get dirty when he thinks it is needed.
    Leclerc - Almost always the maximum result with a good car, but can loose view of the whole picture, almost slightly panicking if the car is not fast enough. Tends to overdrive the car when that happens. One of the fairest racers in F1.

Wet circumstances:

Hamilton - has won all but a few of every wet race he ever has started.
    Verstappen - maybe as good as Hamilton, but of course has driven far less wet races.
    Alonso - Very good, but not as outstanding as the nrs 1 and 2
    Leclerc - Good, but has not shown any sensational things in the wet yet.

Personality in team:

Leclerc - Honest, humble, no problem admitting mistakes, works very hard and expects that from every teammember, shows his appreciation, never critisizes team in the open, clear about what he wants, goal in life has always been becoming WDC - in a Ferrari.
    Hamilton - Outspoken, loner, works hard, expresses appreciation for the team, not easy admitting mistakes, sometimes critisizes team in the open, clear about what he wants, goal has always been becoming WDC.
    Verstappen - Outspoken, works hard, expresses appreciation for the team, almost never admits own mistakes, sometimes critisizes team in the open, clear about what he wants, goal has always been becoming WDC.
    Alonso - Very outspoken, works hard, not often expresses appreciation for the team, not easy admitting own mistakes, can critisize teams very hard in the open, has had problems in more than one team. Goal has always been becoming WDC.

Second drivers:

Raw speed:

Russell
    Sainz
    Perez
    Stroll

Race intelligence:

Sainz
    Perez
    Russell
    Stroll

Wet circumstances:

Stroll
    Perez
    Russell
    Sainz

Personality in team:

Sainz
    Perez
    Russell
    Stroll
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    VER >= LEC > ALO > RUS >= HAM > NOR = SAI = PER

Don't really care about the rest.
    ALO>=LEC=VER>=HAM=RUS>=NOR=SAI=PER

That's my take :)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve