Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Spanish Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

2023 Spanish Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

The race @ MONACO wasn't any help for Charles felling at home, Carlos at Barcelona may be his chance to feel he has to win!!! " Give him. ' THE CAR ! " Alonso May get his 1st win?

To see a Spaniard win would be great,but a Dutch guy called Max is one mighty obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    To see a Spaniard win would be great,but a Dutch guy called Max is one mighty obstacle.
    unless his car blows up....then a spaniard named Alonso would win....and NO, not carlos, as our car is pretty crap

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    unless his car blows up....then a spaniard named Alonso would win....and NO, not carlos, as our car is pretty crap
    To be fair, we haven't had any 'luck' in ages. I know you make your own but, ****** me, we are due some good fortune!

#ForzaFerrari

Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    To be fair, we haven't had any 'luck' in ages. I know you make your own but, ****** me, we are due some good fortune!

#ForzaFerrari

before luck will even matter we have to become the second fastest car again.

you can't be slower with worse wear on hards, than the teams on mediums and then also criticize "strategy" as many do on this forum.

if you want to see some bad luck, just go look at how many laps Leclerc led in the 2021 red truck he drove, and he didn't win any races.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    before luck will even matter we have to become the second fastest car again.

you can't be slower with worse wear on hards, than the teams on mediums and then also criticize "strategy" as many do on this forum.

if you want to see some bad luck, just go look at how many laps Leclerc led in the 2021 red truck he drove, and he didn't win any races.
    sadly, even that will be a challenge this year.....Ferrari and Co. seem absolutely LOST on how to make this year's car a contender for second place, let alone turn it into a race winning car (when pig fly maybe)

i'm sure their full concentration now is 2024....there's no freaking hope for this year's donkey to be transformed into a stallion....most likely due to budget cap (which Ferrari seem to follow religiously) but also lack of talented people.....which is sad but SOOOOO true

They say being lost allows new things to be found.

Ferrari: first glimpse of the SF-23 with its new sidepods. Downwash philosophy (like RB/AM). The air vents, the floor and the front spoiler have also been redone. In the package there is not the expected rear suspension which has been discarded.

@Formu1a.uno

After Mercedes, in Barcelona it's up to Ferrari to move towards the Red Bull concept in terms of sidepods. "We don't expect big miracles, to be honest," Leclerc said earlier. But will it be a first step in the right direction?

@Formu1a.uno

First glimpse of the new floor completely redone on the Ferrari SF-23.
    https://twitter.com/ferrarif1fra/sta...U2zR1JxiXoylNg

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    First glimpse of the new floor completely redone on the Ferrari SF-23.
    https://twitter.com/ferrarif1fra/sta...U2zR1JxiXoylNg
    Just saw it myself. Thats a big change ,not just small diversions. IF it works and give us a big improvement in race pace, thats another thing .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Just saw it myself. Thats a big change ,not just small diversions. IF it works and give us a big improvement in race pace, thats another thing .
    Question is can ferrari extract its potential

BIG package by Ferrari:

-Sidepods+engine cover (tighter packaging, more downwash)
    -Significant changes to the floor
    -Shortened mirror cover

@AlbertFabrega

Ferrari SF-23: The Italian team will abandon the particular and 'unique' inwash solution used since the first specification of the F1-75. The new bottom has a clearly anti-porpoising edge.

@Giuliano Duchessa

If you read all the "presentation" of the upgrades from various people,you think that we will gain 1s/lap !!!!! And then you realize that its our team they are talking about and start thinking what other "problems" this upgrade will deliver!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

If you read all the "presentation" of the upgrades from various people,you think that we will gain 1s/lap !!!!! And then you realize that its our team they are talking about and start thinking what other "problems" this upgrade will deliver!!!!!
    It’s reality

Hopefully the upgrades are a step in the right direction.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Hopefully the upgrades are a step in the right direction.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Sidepods looks boring now, but if they work
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sidepods looks boring now, but if they work
    Yeh i thought the same. I liked more "our" design. It was unique. BUT ........
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Yeh i thought the same. I liked more "our" design. It was unique. BUT ........
    Unique and slow don't bring us points, wins and championships....
    lets' hope it's a step in the right direction.....cause we're having a long and steep mountain to climb ahead of us

Unique and slow don't bring us points, wins and championships....
    lets' hope it's a step in the right direction.....cause we're having a long and steep mountain to climb ahead of us
    Of course !! That was the BUT for !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Interesting it seems the "scallop" is gone completely.

Not that I care, that part of the car doesn't matter. Our issue isn't aero, if it was aero, we wouldn't get pole.

Or maybe I'm wrong and Charles is that much of a genius behind the wheel.

And I was right, Fred has confirmed that they haven't brought any new rear suspension. So all those rumours were nothing but some false noises.

They have brought sone new bits here, sure. But not bringing any new iteration of the main component that controls the ride height, aero loads-pickups and contact patch...I don't know, it doesn't make me hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And I was right, Fred has confirmed that they haven't brought any new rear suspension. So all those rumours were nothing but some false noises.

They have brought sone new bits here, sure. But not bringing any new iteration of the main component that controls the ride height, aero loads-pickups and contact patch...I don't know, it doesn't make me hopeful.
    yeah, surely they brought some new interesting bits here, but to me a rear SUSPENSION revamp is KEY in order to work teh tires better with less wear....etc

so not sure if we'll ever see a revamp of the rear suspension this season....as Ferrari like to follwo and be within the budget cap....lame if you ask me

i'd like to say i'm a bit more optimistic about these upgrades.....but as of late i'm still sticking to my saying.....I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT......kind of thing....and by that i mean results ON TRACK

having said that.....FORZA FERRARI!!!

yeah, surely they brought some new interesting bits here, but to me a rear SUSPENSION revamp is KEY in order to work teh tires better with less wear....etc

so not sure if we'll ever see a revamp of the rear suspension this season....as Ferrari like to follwo and be within the budget cap....lame if you ask me

i'd like to say i'm a bit more optimistic about these upgrades.....but as of late i'm still sticking to my saying.....I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT......kind of thing....and by that i mean results ON TRACK

What makes you so sure its the suspension? Everyone apart from Red Bull and AM stuck to the cap, not sure why you think everyone but Ferrari is breaking it. It's such a poor way to attack the team but anything to complain about Ferrari and you will take it
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari has marked inconsistent ride height as being the main culprit for poor race pace. And suspension is the main component that controls the ride height, as well as the tyre contact patch, it's pretty much acts like a spine.
    So not bringing any upgrade for the suspension sounds strange to me.

Hopefully they know what they are doing and the new bits will make the ride-height more consistent.