Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 2023 Canadian Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yes really, this is not planetF1 or Autosport and never will it be.

yes, some comments on here are unable to see the big picture, jump to conclusions, jump to criticize, and can't see past the surface level and in so doing they're no better than your average Drive To Survive max or lewis fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    yeah but so did Vettel when he drove the Newey rocket. Even in wet conditions.

If you have aero-dominant regulation changes, Newey will probably get it right, and if he does, with the right driver, it will look unstoppable. Doesn't mean the driver is responsible though, I would not be anywhere on my quick list, even of this last 15 years.
    Vettel also won a wet race in a non Newey rocket ship aka the Toro Rosso. Max looked great in a non Newey rocket ship aka the 2016 Red Bull. The fact is, Max always pulled out special performances in those conditions.

Credits should be given when its due. Max is special, just because he's not driving a Ferrari doesn't mean we should ignore what an incredible talent he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Where did I say that? The team screwed up once more and then in this weather you can end up anywhere. Has nothing to do with Charles being the faster driver because that is simply a fact. And again they ignored his input and went the wrong way.
    And that being ignored is something Charles himself has to change. He should have been harder and demanded slicks when they were needed.
    But that's exactly what I've been saying, Charles is not assertive enough. Why he has to wait for his race engineer's permission, who's one of the most incompetent race engineer on the grid, and lost out? He, like Albon, pretty much knew when to pit, but Albon forced is team to pit him, Charles couldn't.

Also, why he hasn't demanded for a new race engineer after all the mistakes Xavi had made thus far? Either Ferrari ignored his demand or he hasn't asked for a change, and both of these scenarios don't look good for him. Speed isn't everything, world champion class drivers have always been selfish and ruthless. And I've yet to see any ruthlessness in Charles. I can bet you my house that Max/Alo/Ham, none of them would've accepted Silverstone/Monaco "error".

too bad guys but the result is not that much surprise tho
    Look like a dream team is coming

Like o have said on previous posts Zero expectations from ferrari.Like a cork in the ocean any destination will be just fine.

Can we ditch Xavi already? Anyone can do a better job than him. Fred could be happy with 10 th and 11th. I am not. We need a clean start. How many times did we get touched by another car resulting in a dnf in the 1st lap. It's so frustrating...

Max is really strong this year, no matter what condition the are thrown in, he's able to maintain his dominance over the rest.

Ferrari on the other hand seem to struggle in these changing conditions. Days like these shows that we have many areas of improvement required, not just the car alone.

I doubt we can get back into the top 3 constructor this season, which is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

yes, some comments on here are unable to see the big picture, jump to conclusions, jump to criticize, and can't see past the surface level and in so doing they're no better than your average Drive To Survive max or lewis fan.
    Big picture?!?! Before 2000, I we ware waiting 21 years, and now we are waiting 15 years for big pucture to be formed.... Just saying...

Of course Fred is happy with 10th and 11th on grid his past teams were always around that mark.Well Fred mate that's not exceptible at ferrari ,or is it that no body has actually told you this..Start getting the ship in order and be real because to axe you will come easy and that's something ferrari can do very well indeed.

My only reservations about Fred was did he understand the expectations, it seems like too many years at middling manufacturers has made that his default expectation. We seem happy being middle of the grid, maybe a plan by the Ferrari hierarchy to convince the support of mediocrity. It's similar to what football clubs do when they want somebody to steady the ship. They bring a journeyman in who is happy just surviving

It's just incompetence season after season, you look at Williams demise but there's was in part financial. We are just making poor decisions year on year.

Vigna has to get his head out of the sand as well, making ridiculous comments about the engine when you are talking a tenth or two maximum between the best and worse engine, it's negligible when aero efficiency can be worth seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Can we ditch Xavi already? Anyone can do a better job than him. Fred could be happy with 10 th and 11th. I am not. We need a clean start. How many times did we get touched by another car resulting in a dnf in the 1st lap. It's so frustrating...
    Fred's optimistic is just so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Fred's optimistic is just so stupid
    Why is it? if the race pace is good then we will move up pretty easily here. This is not Monaco we are at.
    Forza Ferrari

Charles starts ahead of Sainz and Perez in10th pl. He should get to 5th in a hurry. And then he can fight the big guys for a podium! He really needs the points ! Charles makes 12 million more than Sainz salary @ 24 million in or out of the points He's 25 years old.
    Last edited by Brembo; 18th June 2023 at 09:05.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Max looked great in a non Newey rocket ship aka the 2016 Red Bull.
    I'm pretty sure the 2016 RedBull was designed by Adrian Newey.....fyi.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Vettel also won a wet race in a non Newey rocket ship aka the Toro Rosso. Max looked great in a non Newey rocket ship aka the 2016 Red Bull. The fact is, Max always pulled out special performances in those conditions.

Credits should be given when its due. Max is special, just because he's not driving a Ferrari doesn't mean we should ignore what an incredible talent he is.
    Vettel & Danny Ric talent out of RB is nothing. I hope it’s not the same with Max.

What Leclerc undergoing through now, max too did overcome that phase & now that he does have strong car no matter you drive from 1st or last you will always challenge for Poduim or win.

On other other side I agree, neither of our drivers are great in wet conditions.

Quali was a mess and maybe Charles isn't assertive enough, but his frustration boils over after the event. Fred needs to sort this out urgently, car seemed better than Spain but I will never understand this ridiculous quali format where there are 20 cars on track in terrible conditions, going at different speeds, surely it's asking for trouble. I only hope our drivers starting P10/11 can avoid any dramas and actually get to the finish with some points, for what it's worth.

But that's exactly what I've been saying, Charles is not assertive enough. Why he has to wait for his race engineer's permission, who's one of the most incompetent race engineer on the grid, and lost out? He, like Albon, pretty much knew when to pit, but Albon forced is team to pit him, Charles couldn't.

Also, why he hasn't demanded for a new race engineer after all the mistakes Xavi had made thus far? Either Ferrari ignored his demand or he hasn't asked for a change, and both of these scenarios don't look good for him. Speed isn't everything, world champion class drivers have always been selfish and ruthless. And I've yet to see any ruthlessness in Charles. I can bet you my house that Max/Alo/Ham, none of them would've accepted Silverstone/Monaco "error".
    How much you can "force" the team to follow your feedback, also depends from the team itself.If the team allow the driver to give his feedback or the team thinks is better-bigger then any driver and do whatever they want. 2nd if you (in general speaking) sre a driver fan yes you enjoy your driver to be above any team and make his own path. But me as a team fan i dont want that ,bacause this kind of driver will sell out the team for his personal believes-achievemnts etc (look that Max didnt "help" perez last year in Abu-Dhabi because he "own" him some revenge from earlier in the year) . Lec is a Ferrari born and raised driver and he thnks that Ferrari is litterly his 2nd FAMILY. And like his actual family he has total faith. I know that in cold blood is not a "champions" attitude" but i cant blame him bacause as i said he was born and raised with this mentality.Unlike Max who was born with a mega ego that he is and no other in the world. And because F1 is part of life i will prefer Lec to Max EVERY SINGLE DAY ,no matters their achievents -championships etc. Like lots of people concider Gilles Villeneuve one of the greatest and he dint won anything special and some others as well. BUT everyone has his own preferences !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well after a bad quali interested to see how far can climb up the order in the race. Many updates last race but maybe not enough data to make the most of the set up. Possibly this will be much better. Yesterday was so random and Ferrari seemed to not perform very well performance wise. I think LeClerc out psyched himself and did a poor job, Sainz for some reason looked like he wanted to get a penalty. The team is often at fault for strategy but I don't think this was clear yesterday, LeClerc has been scarred by bad team decisions in the past and it got in his head yesterday in Q2 when in fact he had every chance to make it through to Q3.

Another thing that i just read ,that proves that EVERY race is different and when you have tricky conditions is even harder to judge a driver. I heard people say that if we had Alo in this car we will be much better.
    Alonso's unique approach at the hairpin: braking very early, sacrificing the minimum speed as well to gain on exit speed

The approach didn't pay off, though: he lost 0.25s to VER and 0.21s to HUL!
    well according to people who make assumptions just on data - results ,the above prove that not Max (bacause yes he IS one of the best ,this is undeniable) but even Hul is better driver then Alo and Alo proved to be be a lesser one . In a single corner he lost 0.2s to a driver with a slower car simply from his driving style-ability !!!! Do you agree ???!!! I DONT !!! This doesnt prove anything for Alo ability ,like what happend yesterday doenst change Lec talend-ability
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We just need someone strategically who does the exact opposite of Xavi and we're as good as the top.

Charles also needs to learn from Carlos and drive his own will through and overrule the clown(s) at zu pitwall.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    We just need someone strategically who does the exact opposite of Xavi and we're as good as the top.

Charles also needs to learn from Carlos and drive his own will through and overrule the clown(s) at zu pitwall.
    Max on pole done the same strategy as Charles.....strategy was not the issue.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Max on pole done the same strategy as Charles.....strategy was not the issue.

Well there's clearly something rotten in the state of Denmark, as Shakespeare would have said!

Whether it's a car that's well below par, drivers whose heads are messed up, dodgy strategy calls - or SAI wandering about like a pensioner in the ASDA car park during qualy - something is definitely amiss!

We cannot keep dismissing it all. Any modern, well run and forward looking organisation - with a pedigree like Ferrari - should have addressed the rot by now...

Maybe we should sub running the F1 squad out to AF Corse, who seem pretty adept at making Ferrari cars win stuff?

#ForzaFerrari
    Trying to be less angry..

With all the changes over the years, Ferrari might have lost some institutional knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Well there's clearly something rotten in the state of Denmark, as Shakespeare would have said!

Whether it's a car that's well below par, drivers whose heads are messed up, dodgy strategy calls - or SAI wandering about like a pensioner in the ASDA car park during qualy - something is definitely amiss!

We cannot keep dismissing it all. Any modern, well run and forward looking organisation - with a pedigree like Ferrari - should have addressed the rot by now...

Maybe we should sub running the F1 squad out to AF Corse, who seem pretty adept at making Ferrari cars win stuff?

#ForzaFerrari
    AF Corse should train the Scuderia