Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2023 British Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

2023 British Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

This track will tell us what Ferrari's true race pace is.....to include tire degradation and tire strategy. Hopefully it's good or an improvement.

I'm not worried about qualifying as I'm sure both guys will be in the top 5.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This track will tell us what Ferrari's true race pace is.....to include tire degradation and tire strategy. Hopefully it's good or an improvement.

I'm not worried about qualifying as I'm sure both guys will be in the top 5.
    yeah, this track will indeed reveal Ferrari's true pace as it's got both high speed corners and medium to low speed, and Ferrari had some troubles in high speed corners previous to these upgrades.

i'll be curious how well we're gonna do in quali but most importantly our true race pace as well as tire deg and hopefully both will confirm the pace we've have from the past couple of races

Expect a fast ferrari,and expect the unexpected.Max believe it or not is looking over his shoulders,might seem a strange thing to say but positive winds of change are blowing.

Temperatures predicted to rise towards the Silverstone weekend, but never forget the fickle British weather as thunderstorms are also a possibility. Our team looks to be improving although RB is still leagues ahead and spoiling the show by being unbeatable this season, can we hope the challenge that?

A great track, should show true pace of all teams, hopefully remains dry

Having the most powerful ICE will make a difference here. Due to the amount of time being spent on full throttle here, which is more than 70%, the ICE itself will contribute here more than usual. So Honda's energy recovery system, which is the best in F1, will get diminished here and will not provide the same advantage as it would in other tracks.

And before anyone says anything, yes, Ferrari ICE is the most powerful ICE on the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Having the most powerful ICE will make a difference here. Due to the amount of time being spent on full throttle here, which is more than 70%, the ICE itself will contribute here more than usual. So Honda's energy recovery system, which is the best in F1, will get diminished here and will not provide the same advantage as it would in other tracks.

And before anyone says anything, yes, Ferrari ICE is the most powerful ICE on the grid.
    Do we know this as a FACT, or we’re just guessing or wishful thinking since Ferrari has done a lot of work on the ICE over the past couple of seasons???

I mean i’d like to think that Ferrari has the most powerful ICE, but there is NO true comparison numbers between all FOUR manufacturers, is there??

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

So come on and win a race already!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    That's the wing that curves underneath the main exhaust. They're going for more speed. They replaced the other wing that kicks up like below this new beam wing. Let's see if this thing works.

Practice just starting and already I'm watching the tv muted. Why?

"Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton.."

it's already at an unbearable level. Why do they assume ALL us Brits are Ham fans? Good grief.

Agreed, it's so damn frustrating but only to be expected, that's a good reason for not attending Silverstone in person. Hope Ferrari keep a low key and surprise us all! Crofty & Co would be incensed.

Lol this getting confusing.

*** Albon doing

FP1

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Do we know this as a FACT, or we’re just guessing or wishful thinking since Ferrari has done a lot of work on the ICE over the past couple of seasons???

I mean i’d like to think that Ferrari has the most powerful ICE, but there is NO true comparison numbers between all FOUR manufacturers, is there??
    As you know, there are two parts of the complete powertrain. One is the ICE and the other one is the electrical components. Ferrari has the most powerful ICE and Honda has the best electrical components (MGU-K & H).

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Agreed, it's so damn frustrating but only to be expected, that's a good reason for not attending Silverstone in person. Hope Ferrari keep a low key and surprise us all! Crofty & Co would be incensed.
    That is why F1TV is a blessing. Much better commentary team and better production value than SkyF1.

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Lol this getting confusing.

*** Albon doing
    Just FP1, nothing to worry about. Ferrari did long runs towards the end and it looked really good. No drop off at all. Charles's times on old softs looked really good, Carlos also looked solid on old mediums.

RB and Max may be quickest, but not by much. I think we will be a lot closer here than Austria. Others are not a concern.

As you know, there are two parts of the complete powertrain. One is the ICE and the other one is the electrical components. Ferrari has the most powerful ICE and Honda has the best electrical components (MGU-K & H).
    no i don't know; but if you can SHOW me PROOF that Ferrari indeed has the most powerful ICE, like a legit article, then i'll believe you...until then, you're just saying things

and yeah, everyone says and claims taht honda has the best MGU-K and H

no i don't know; but if you can SHOW me PROOF that Ferrari indeed has the most powerful ICE, like a legit article, then i'll believe you...until then, you're just saying things

and yeah, everyone says and claims taht honda has the best MGU-K and H
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fe...arko/10444048/

please, this coming from Marko?? and you believe that fool??
    I’d like to see an article from a more legit and credible source, not Marko….a person just like Toto, that I don’t believe a word that comes out of their mouths.

So yeah, please try again

I’d like to see an article from a more legit and credible source, not Marko….a person just like Toto, that I don’t believe a word that comes out of their mouths.

Yeah, not gonna bother. Not my job to make you believe something on the internet. Marko doesn't sugarcoat like Toto or Horner, he says it like it is. He was right about the tyre wear, wasn't he?

Use google. You will find lots of articles from reputable sources claiming Ferrari ICE as the most powerful.

Yeah, not gonna bother. Not my job to make you believe something on the internet. Marko doesn't sugarcoat like Toto or Horner, he says it like it is. He was right about the tyre wear, wasn't he?

Use google. You will find lots of articles from reputable sources claiming Ferrari ICE as the most powerful.
    no worries mate, hopefully you're right and is the ERS system pretty much frozen??? or can we make improvements still and be TOP NOTCH on that department also??

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Practice just starting and already I'm watching the tv muted. Why?

"Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton.."

it's already at an unbearable level. Why do they assume ALL us Brits are Ham fans? Good grief.
    A lot are. I imagine it's a bit different at Monza!

Interesting to see if Lewis' mates at Just Stop Oil decide to try and *** things up over the weekend.
    Trying to be less angry..

*** him! Bull*****er!
    Trying to be less angry..

Something wrong with Charles's car again...
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Something wrong with Charles's car again...
    Electrical issue.

Damn he was so unlucky
    Look like a dream team is coming

Probably he will lose the whole session!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Seriously… *** is going on with Williams.