Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Race thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yep let's hope RB suck in Suzuka as well :D
    Yes. And let's hope Charles doesn't, so we can have a 1-2 maybe. He's really struggling this season.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I have received my 50th birthday present 11 days later!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!
    Hey! Mine, too! Just 2 days after

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Poor crofty, so sad…he didn’t get his 3 British driver podium he was dreaming of. Lol
    I take immense pleasure at his and Brundle's disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I take immense pleasure at his and Brundle's disappointment
    Hahaha
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

We must found what is going on with LEC and the sudden improvements of sainz ??

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    We must found what is going on with LEC and the sudden improvements of sainz ??
    Leclerc started with Softs & he was always within second of Sainz.

When the SC was out, leclerc was the one lost out to Ham/Norris/Russel with horrible pit stop. After that it’s always playing a catch up.

He called for a Pit stop when VSC was on. Team denied it. What else he can do?

Good thinking and race by Carlos, happy for him and Ferrari.

He ain't the teamplayer but winning this race made me happy.

Wonder if Leclerc is mentally maybe weaker now. He'll bounce back!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    Hey! Mine, too! Just 2 days after
    Mine just in time for Suzuka next weekend , hoping for a nice Ferrari present
    Avanti Fer, avanti!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Leclerc started with Softs & he was always within second of Sainz.

When the SC was out, leclerc was the one lost out to Ham/Norris/Russel with horrible pit stop. After that it’s always playing a catch up.

He called for a Pit stop when VSC was on. Team denied it. What else he can do?
    The 1st stop was not really Ferrari's fault
    Team did ask Leclerc to slow down into +5s behind Sainz, but when the SC was out, the gap suddenly increased into 9 seconds, thus the traffic in pit lane happened. If Leclerc kept the same ~5s gap behind Sainz, he would be able come out in front of the Mercedes + Lando

Vamos Sainz! Feels like forever since we heard the Italian national anthem on the podium when it used to be such a regular thing throughout my youth. Sweet sweet victory!

Very clever Carlos for giving DRS to Norris and also very clever Norris for not attacking Carlos. Both managed well to block Mercs.

Zandvoort was the same, if a bunch of drivers pitting and your pit box is in the front, you will lose time in the pit waiting the other to pass

Always expect the unexpected. But this race was expected well done sainz Charles and ferrari there is a party in maranello tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Zandvoort was the same, if a bunch of drivers pitting and your pit box is in the front, you will lose time in the pit waiting the other to pass
    Yep. Unlucky for Charles to be on the losing end of it

this season's car suits Carlos more. he likes understeering cars. But on the other hand, charles likes oversteering cars. thats why Charles is struggling this season.

But he -carlos- demonstrated that he has interesting skills specially defensive skills. I like it, he did a great job. But if you are 1-2 you dont need to sacrifice your 2nd car. it was interesting decision and barely worked. I did not like that kind of strategy.

Working with Loris saved us this time. what would have been if there were not lando behind us. Mercs would have come and overtaken us easly and would have been 1-2 easly. this strategy was really a crap.

Team did ask Leclerc to slow down into +5s behind Sainz, but when the SC was out, the gap suddenly increased into 9 seconds, thus the traffic in pit lane happened. If Leclerc kept the same ~5s gap behind Sainz, he would be able come out in front of the Mercedes + Lando
    That was a big gamble because if he was too close ,the most possible thing would be to had to wait for Sainz to finish and then again Rus- Nor would have pass him. It was a pit stop on the edge. No mistake for either Lec nor Ferrari.
    In this race it was clearly that there was big chance that Lec had to be sacrificed for Sai and that happened. Its just that a saw Lec obey with everything without question anything. Sai always moaning about everything and is realy hard to help Lec when it matters.
    Now on the end team radios Lec the 1st thing he said was congratulations to Sai. Sai didnt even mention Lec ( for his help in total in the race) but saying it was his " most smooth operation" in ferrari . When Lec wins ,Sainz always moans in the radio for his " problems" and in the end he would say " aa and congratulation to Lec" . He is not a team player, and always try to gain whatever he can for himslef. This year , the team from last year ,had clearly desing the car more overstearing that suits Saiz and put in trouble Lec . But also in this case (except today's race , i havent see him driving clearly above Lec, but when Lec can work with his car ,he almost demolish him. Thats how i have seen tings in these last 3 years .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Carlos @142 pts. Ferrari just 24pts behind Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    That was a big gamble because if he was too close ,the most possible thing would be to had to wait for Sainz to finish and then again Rus- Nor would have pass him. It was a pit stop on the edge. No mistake for either Lec nor Ferrari.
    In this race it was clearly that there was big chance that Lec had to be sacrificed for Sai and that happened. Its just that a saw Lec obey with everything without question anything. Sai always moaning about everything and is realy hard to help Lec when it matters.
    Now on the end team radios Lec the 1st thing he said was congratulations to Sai. Sai didnt even mention Lec ( for his help in total in the race) but saying it was his " most smooth operation" in ferrari . When Lec wins ,Sainz always moans in the radio for his " problems" and in the end he would say " aa and congratulation to Lec" . He is not a team player, and always try to gain whatever he can for himslef. This year , the team from last year ,had clearly desing the car more overstearing that suits Saiz and put in trouble Lec . But also in this case (except today's race , i havent see him driving clearly above Lec, but when Lec can work with his car ,he almost demolish him. Thats how i have seen tings in these last 3 years .
    Well said.

It’s always Leclerc to obey the team orders, Sainz always moans.

Anyways I blame leclerc for being too nice. Champions always make their own calls w.r.t the situation.
    Leclerc doesn’t have that decision making & rely too much on the team that’s causing more problems every year. On top of it he’s struggling with this year’s car.

It was +3s & he was there.

Great result for the team and a stella drive by Carlos. It's a pity Charles couldn't maintain 2nd place.

I think Charles needs to be more aggressive and demand new tyres when he feels they are necessary. After all he is better placed to know what is best. Michael, Seb, Nando, Louis and Max would insist and would not take no from the pits.

Forza Jules

Ferrari on Twitter/X:

Good job Lando :)

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/...05202861089006

Well said.

It’s always Leclerc to obey the team orders, Sainz always moans.

Anyways I blame leclerc for being too nice. Champions always make their own calls w.r.t the situation.
    Leclerc doesn’t have that decision making & rely too much on the team that’s causing more problems every year. On top of it he’s struggling with this year’s car.
    Sainz has had to do the same when behind Charles, Charles need to start ahead of Carlos to turn it around in his favour.
    Forza Ferrari

Sainz has had to do the same when behind Charles, Charles need to start ahead of Carlos to turn it around in his favour.
    Thats the thing. He was A LOT of times behind Lec ,and he never drive to protect Lec from lap 1 as Lec did. Lec even chose to start on softs ,just to try and jump Rus and then protect Sainz. When Sainz did that ???
    Lec drives for ferrari. Sainz drives for Sainz !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

That’s what I said Charles need to improve & get ahead.

At the same time, I still believe ferrari will screw his strategy. Hence Charles need to call his own strategies according to race situation.

Remember Silverstone 2022? Monaco 2022?

Thats the thing. He was A LOT of times behind Lec ,and he never drive to protect Lec from lap 1 as Lec did. Lec even chose to start on softs ,just to try and jump Rus and then protect Sainz. When Sainz did that ???
    Lec drives for ferrari. Sainz drives for Sainz !!!!!
    Australia this year was pretty much the reverse roles of this race.
    Forza Ferrari

Australia this year was pretty much the reverse roles of this race.
    Lec dnf in 1st Lap !!! How is the same ???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

That’s what I said Charles need to improve & get ahead.
    You never said that though
    Forza Ferrari

Lec dnf in 1st Lap !!! How is the same ???
    Austria sorry.
    Forza Ferrari

again not quite . Its 1 thing to start with your mind to defend your teammate and another to dont have the same pace and eventually just trying to keep your place.
    2ndly i talk for what i see in general. Sainz will almost never race excepting he is slower then Lec and he has to protect him . If he is slower he just moans and dont care about Lec. Lec on the other hand is the complete opposite!!
    And you know what . Its not what i or you believe. Its just a fact that Lec is faster then Sainz and the one that with an equal car can compete with the top one in almost every race . Sainz is a good driver but has just glimpses of master driving like today .
    If all of a sudden he prove to me that he picked uo his pace massively and take 100+ % from the car in most of the races ,then its fine with me. BUT till now he hasnt saw us such thing ,and its just the team from last year ,try to make him better driver then Lec . And in this situation we have produce cars that dont suit Lec and he is struggling massively and Carlos has performed only 1 master driving . When lec can drive the car without problems ,he is there almost every race.
    So what im saybig is that looking for Sainz to be ok with the car -stratregys etc is proven to be bad and hopeless for the team in the season. Its like they care only to prove that Sainz is better then Lec and nothing else . Thats my opinon .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!