Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Race thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    again not quite . Its 1 thing to start with your mind to defend your teammate and another to dont have the same pace and eventually just trying to keep your place.
    2ndly i talk for what i see in general. Sainz will almost never race excepting he is slower then Lec and he has to protect him . If he is slower he just moans and dont care about Lec. Lec on the other hand is the complete opposite!!
    And you know what . Its not what i or you believe. Its just a fact that Lec is faster then Sainz and the one that with an equal car can compete with the top one in almost every race . Sainz is a good driver but has just glimpses of master driving like today .
    If all of a sudden he prove to me that he picked uo his pace massively and take 100+ % from the car in most of the races ,then its fine with me. BUT till now he hasnt saw us such thing ,and its just the team from last year ,try to make him better driver then Lec . And in this situation we have produce cars that dont suit Lec and he is struggling massively and Carlos has performed only 1 master driving . When lec can drive the car without problems ,he is there almost every race.
    So what im saybig is that looking for Sainz to be ok with the car -stratregys etc is proven to be bad and hopeless for the team in the season. Its like they care only to prove that Sainz is better then Lec and nothing else . Thats my opinon .
    It's not just his(Sainz's) driving that you said "glimpes of master driving like today." He used Lando by keeping him within DRS range to use Lando as a bufffer for the Mercedes Benz duo. This can only be done at this specific track knowing full well that Lando cannot pass Sainz. That's tactful for the last remaining few laps. Ferrari pitwall didn't tell him to do that. He did it and worked well for him. Job well done.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

again not quite . Its 1 thing to start with your mind to defend your teammate and another to dont have the same pace and eventually just trying to keep your place.
    2ndly i talk for what i see in general. Sainz will almost never race excepting he is slower then Lec and he has to protect him . If he is slower he just moans and dont care about Lec. Lec on the other hand is the complete opposite!!
    And you know what . Its not what i or you believe. Its just a fact that Lec is faster then Sainz and the one that with an equal car can compete with the top one in almost every race . Sainz is a good driver but has just glimpses of master driving like today .
    If all of a sudden he prove to me that he picked uo his pace massively and take 100+ % from the car in most of the races ,then its fine with me. BUT till now he hasnt saw us such thing ,and its just the team from last year ,try to make him better driver then Lec . And in this situation we have produce cars that dont suit Lec and he is struggling massively and Carlos has performed only 1 master driving . When lec can drive the car without problems ,he is there almost every race.
    So what im saybig is that looking for Sainz to be ok with the car -stratregys etc is proven to be bad and hopeless for the team in the season. Its like they care only to prove that Sainz is better then Lec and nothing else . Thats my opinon .
    Sainz had orders to not pass, and done it so you can't just say he does not race for the team. Charles is not having a great season no matter how you spin it.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sainz had orders to not pass, and done it so you can't just say he does not race for the team. Charles is not having a great season no matter how you spin it.
    ok. you have your opinion and i have mine . Dont try to prove to you anything and doesnt matter. All i care is that from his behavior he had made my not be excited in a day like today when he drove lika a champ. And from all that have happend oin the team this 2 years i see a pure talend like Lec where he has made miracles since F2 years and al ot of master class drivings in F1 , to be mistreated from the team in many ways (im not talkng about today) and just end up that peaple just saying "aa he just has lost it" like he all of a sudden he bacome a lesser driver. Well i dont believe it and i see a diffenent pattern.
    And the reason why im talking so for Lec is that he has proven to me every single day that he is a FERRARI kid 110% no matters what. He even put his career in danger by being 110% loyal to the team and doing whatever they say to him with no moanings -excuses.
    Sainz HAVENT saw me such loyalty. He is just another driver that screams that he is driving for Ferrari just because its the glamor of the team and he can leave tomorrow for a better shot.
    AGAIN . its MY OPINION on this !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Let me see:
    In 2021, CS ended up ahead of CL in the WDC (in his first year at Ferrari)
    In 2022, CL ended up ahead of CS in the WDC;
    and in 2023, CL is trailing CS by 19 points in the WDC so far.

Now, can anyone explain why CS should feel as the second driver in the team?

He is fighting for his own championship as any champion to be would do...

Great defensive drive from Carlos (with Lando's help!) and sorry for Charles (again) that he had to suffer from the double-stack and lost track position, but to see a Ferrari victory at last makes up for agony we've had to go through. Charles was probably seething after the first stop and was on the back foot form then on, even when he asked to come in. But a win is a win and Russell's crash gifted him another 2pts, so all was not lost.

OH MY WORD! Those last few laps were almost unbearable to watch!

I think Carlos drove brilliantly and was also very clever by making sure Lando was within DRS range. Carlos has really driven well the last couple of races!

A Ferrari win!! SUPERB! I'm still so excited and buzzing from it.
    as the great Murray Walker would say "FAAAAAAAANTASTIC!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    Hey! Mine, too! Just 2 days after
    Happy birthday to us!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brava View Post
    Mine just in time for Suzuka next weekend , hoping for a nice Ferrari present
    Me too!!!! Happy birthday!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    OH MY WORD! Those last few laps were almost unbearable to watch!

I think Carlos drove brilliantly and was also very clever by making sure Lando was within DRS range. Carlos has really driven well the last couple of races!

A Ferrari win!! SUPERB! I'm still so excited and buzzing from it.
    as the great Murray Walker would say "FAAAAAAAANTASTIC!!!"

Jarama '81 revisited

Eventhough I had to follow that race on the British and French radiostations as Dutch TV only broadcasted the Dutch GP live by then.

Great weekend and good job done by the Scuderia . I loved it and just survived these amazing last 15 laps.

Gap to 2nd in constructors championship now only 24 points to merc.The last 2 races ferrari have lit up the f1 season bought excitement back to a stifled sport.For me race of the season so far great racing with other teams adding spice to the event definitely a crowd pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    Let me see:
    In 2021, CS ended up ahead of CL in the WDC (in his first year at Ferrari)
    In 2022, CL ended up ahead of CS in the WDC;
    and in 2023, CL is trailing CS by 19 points in the WDC so far.

Now, can anyone explain why CS should feel as the second driver in the team?

He is fighting for his own championship as any champion to be would do...
    +1

Well done Sainz and Ferrari.
    He is obviously the real deal.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Exactly. And I like both of our drivers, but you gotta call ‘em as you see ‘em.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

ok. you have your opinion and i have mine . Dont try to prove to you anything and doesnt matter. All i care is that from his behavior he had made my not be excited in a day like today when he drove lika a champ. And from all that have happend oin the team this 2 years i see a pure talend like Lec where he has made miracles since F2 years and al ot of master class drivings in F1 , to be mistreated from the team in many ways (im not talkng about today) and just end up that peaple just saying "aa he just has lost it" like he all of a sudden he bacome a lesser driver. Well i dont believe it and i see a diffenent pattern.
    And the reason why im talking so for Lec is that he has proven to me every single day that he is a FERRARI kid 110% no matters what. He even put his career in danger by being 110% loyal to the team and doing whatever they say to him with no moanings -excuses.
    Sainz HAVENT saw me such loyalty. He is just another driver that screams that he is driving for Ferrari just because its the glamor of the team and he can leave tomorrow for a better shot.
    AGAIN . its MY OPINION on this !!!

You are totally biased to Leclerc. Charles was not always the perfect team player. The Lecler race in Monza was clearly the best example of thinking in yourself race and not the team. He was all the race seeing the RBs attack Carlos and he did nothing to help the team. He waited until the RB passed Carlos and he had his tyres done to attack his teammate. The only car he attacked all the race was a Ferrari. His strategy was that, wait Carlos fight the RB and then pass him easily once he destroyed his tyres. He also put in risk a 3-4 for the team trying to pass Carlos.

And about today's race you have no idea what happened there. Mercedes have the big advantage of having a new set of medium tyres. The tactic of Ferrari all the race long was to have a very low pace to not destroy our tyres and to make a 2 stop strategy useless for the Mercs. That's why they asked Charles to keep the Mercs, because if they try that 2 stops strategy they will fall back in the grid. They are lucky enough to have that VSC that allows them to put their cars on those new mediums, a strategy we can`t match because we only have used soft tyres, and our only chance was to stay out and try to not be catched by the Mercs.

And I can't understand why you have all this moaning about Charles and all this trash talking about Carlos when he proved the last 2 races he was our best driver on track and he deserved the results he gets for the team.

If Charles was today on pole position and we saw the same race, you will be totally pleased and declaring your love to Charles and you was thinking the team was perfect today, and I will agree with you, because today the team play well his options to win the race, having no lucky with the SC (too early) and the VSC (allows Mercs to use his mediums).

And I would like to see more respect for Carlos, because he is a talented driver, and the way he was the cold mind to give Norris the DRS is a move of a very smart driver who made a perfect weekend for Ferrari. Without that move the Mercs passed Norris and then Carlos.

Ferrari to win remaining races now that would be special.Red bull will suffer with new FIA directive flexing.regs,will move down the order wait and see.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! Super happy for the win, waited a long time for this!!!

Question though, was it the safety car that screwed up Ferrari's pace or were the Mercedes the faster car overall in race trim?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Wow, it needed a Ferrari afterall to end this historic RB streak! Carlos drove an amazing race, and it was heartening to see his strategy for closing stages. Helping Norris with DRS to protect himself was a masterstroke, deserved this race win

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I take immense pleasure at his and Brundle's disappointment
    To be honest, I find Brundle pretty balanced, he calls it as he sees. It's Crofty really who is super biased and he makes it obvious on the commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Wow, it needed a Ferrari afterall to end this historic RB streak! Carlos drove an amazing race, and it was heartening to see his strategy for closing stages. Helping Norris with DRS to protect himself was a masterstroke, deserved this race win
    All this and at 1/2 Charles' salary! Team orders pay wise at their worse!! Carlos is only #1 on the track and with points.
    Last edited by Brembo; 18th September 2023 at 05:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    And we also did it back in 1988 at Monza!

Got to say, Carlos did great with his thinking approach in defending against the Mercs
    This race win is like winning the title, in a season where we've had many miserable ones.

If there's one thing I'd do differently, is probably to split the strategy with Charles during the VSC.
    Perhaps he could have finished on podiums had he also pits for new mediums, but this is all in hindsight of course

Back to back poles for sainz now that is no fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Got to say, Carlos did great with his thinking approach in defending against the Mercs
    This race win is like winning the title, in a season where we've had many miserable ones.

If there's one thing I'd do differently, is probably to split the strategy with Charles during the VSC.
    Perhaps he could have finished on podiums had he also pits for new mediums, but this is all in hindsight of course
    we didn't have a NEW set of mediums....ONLY merc had

Leclerc had them since he started on used softs

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    Leclerc had them since he started on used softs
    maybe used, but NOT NEW ones....only Merc had saved a new set of mediums for the race

https://www.f1technical.net/news/24199

Everyone had new mediums for the race, Mercedes had two sets. So Leclerc had new mediums available in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    https://www.f1technical.net/news/24199

Everyone had new mediums for the race, Mercedes had two sets. So Leclerc had new mediums available in the race.
    then i guess Ferrari should have called him and slapped a set of new mediums jus like Merc did with hamilton and russel

i have no idea as to WHY they didn't call him in

first of all, please refer to the first page of the qualifying and practice thread to see that i was calling this before this weekend even started.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    then i guess Ferrari should have called him and slapped a set of new mediums jus like Merc did with hamilton and russel

i have no idea as to WHY they didn't call him in
    because Stefa, kyssyx, and all yall are right, Ferrari is completely incompetent.

i don't think it would have made much of a difference, he lost out on track position due to circumstances out of our control during the first pitstops.
    Last edited by Cavallino; 18th September 2023 at 15:50. Reason: realized we were talking about Leclerc

Let's also not underestimate how much had to go right for Mercedes.

Shortened first stint on medium due to safety car, means extra long stint on hards.

They blocked Leclerc's pitbox, taking him out of the picture.

the Red Bulls getting in everyone's way, creating the gap in the field for them to pit into

the virtual safety car, allowing them to use their extra set of mediums.

EVERYTHING went their way.