Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2023 Mexican GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Remember all year Hamilton has been moaning this the worst car he has ever driven etc. And its clearly the 2nd best car on the grid overall over the season. That just shows you how entitled he is, or should I say he is just drama queen and whiner? Perhaps both?

We say it as a joke , but a think that actually the car was faster and far better deg with the broken wing !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    We say it as a joke , but a think that actually the car was faster and far better deg with the broken wing !!!!!!
    Lol, yeah. But it was also Medium tires. We looked completely dead on the hards today.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well certainly we were no worse off because it's not like Sainz was any closer to Charles when he had a broken wing.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Ferrari hards have worse deg than Hamilton's mediums lmao

Only we develop a car with this kind of fundamental flaw year after year
    Thanks Binotto

I think this was right message

Lec engineer: hards will drop off after 5 laps, sorry got it mixed up”

And salt to the wound LH FL in last lap!!!

Hard will be faster in 5(x5) laps

Well done , from 1-2 to being outscored by Merc .

Umm... why do these hard tyres even exist, when they're slower and last the same as mediums? I wonder if Pirelli will ever get the tyres right.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Umm... why do these hard tyres even exist, when they're slower and last the same as mediums? I wonder if Pirelli will ever get the tyres right.
    Ferrari never likes Hard tyres, it’s opposite to Mercs. It’s the same story since Mercs dominant years. Still ferrari can’t find solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Well done , from 1-2 to being outscored by Merc .
    Problem with Ferrari strategists is, they don’t know their own pace of the car on hard tyres. Saying like hard tyres will come alive in 5laps is utter nonsense. Look at mclaren-Norris on M tyres & LH on M tyres.

These Mexican guys after threatening Max is now target Charles ...

We’ve should have been P2-P3 atleast both cars on podium. Everytime bad luck hits at Ferrari & good luck to Mercs-LH specifically

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari never likes Hard tyres, it’s opposite to Mercs. It’s the same story since Mercs dominant years. Still ferrari can’t find solution.
    Yeah, but I mean as a whole. Lando, Albon... a lot os medium tyre runners were doing well with no issues till the end. Kinda misses the point of having different compounds.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

If leclerc would have managed to keep LH behind … there was a possibility Sainz overtake on LH. As we saw Russel destroyed his tyres in dirty air.

The only positives from this race are we got another podium (not many of them this year) and we kept Russell, Norris & Piastri behind us. Shame Lewis was gifted second but he would probably have got past anyhow.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    The only positives from this race are we got another podium (not many of them this year) and we kept Russell, Norris & Piastri behind us. Shame Lewis was gifted second but he would probably have got past anyhow.
    I guess our pace is improved & tyre deg too compared to Barcelona & Zandvoort where we struggled a lot. Good progress.

Next phase of improvement is to find lap time/tyre performance improvement in race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I guess our pace is improved & tyre deg too compared to Barcelona & Zandvoort where we struggled a lot. Good progress.

Next phase of improvement is to find lap time/tyre performance improvement in race
    They need to find downforce for that. RB and Mclaren are two of the cars with highest Lateral G's, with RB being most consistent. So it is not that surprising to see that Ferrari couldn't switch the hard tyres which provides less grip than the mediums.

But I'm happy with our performance. Charles's stint on mediums was mighty impressive and he was quite unlucky with the SC. But nonetheless, P3-P4 is a very good result.

I think the red flag ruined our chances regardless of when it came up. Even if we re-started ahead of Max and Lewis, with everyone on new tyres, we'd find it hard to hold them off.

For me, what was more interesting is how the race would have turned out without the SC/red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I think the red flag ruined our chances regardless of when it came up. Even if we re-started ahead of Max and Lewis, with everyone on new tyres, we'd find it hard to hold them off.

For me, what was more interesting is how the race would have turned out without the SC/red flag.
    Exactly! Not saying that CL would have won, but, it could have been really interesting race!