Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2024 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    @Silent Bob,

Simple really:
    Like it or not it's all about the brand (he is a brand, like it or not, personally I don't but I am a realist). Also it's about disruption and you should be witnessing the effects as we speak, just look what is going on this year at Mercedes.
    And this is just second race. Just wait as the year progresses. If there is any truth in what is said and we get people from Mercedes , sorry but I am going to be very happy. If (by any chance) we do get anyone from RBR, the better.
    We can do with getting people from the rivals, exactly as we lost people back in 2007-2008 and so on and we were weakened.
    I will repeat myself, this is NOT about giving lewis primary role (surely you don't believe Brembo? :P) , the money Ferrari invested is all about strengthening the team in numbers and disrupting the opposition and build in the future.
    Lewis will be gone at 3 years top. Charles will be there for the long run and the real question is who is next after Lewis?
    After last race, I would not mind Bearman.
    I don't think Hamilton will beat Leclerc. Leclerc is the face of Ferrari F1, he loves the team and I think he'll be the one to bring the title back.
    At first it seemed pretty simple to explain why having Hamilton would be a positive. I really don't think it's for his on track performance, because there were other drivers available that may have been stronger options. Although i think he'll do very well in the car next year. So what does he bring other than star power?
    Maybe it brings credibility to Ferrari? That they are finally serious about becoming winners again?
    Does having Ham make Ferrari more desirable for engineers from other teams?
    Ferrari apparently have their eyes on 3 or 4 people from Red Bull but the only big name from Merc was Loic Sera. I think the Civil War at red bull helps us get talent more than having Ham.
    Hopefully it all works out and Ferrari becomes dominant again. So far the vibes are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I don't think Hamilton will beat Leclerc. Leclerc is the face of Ferrari F1, he loves the team and I think he'll be the one to bring the title back.
    At first it seemed pretty simple to explain why having Hamilton would be a positive. I really don't think it's for his on track performance, because there were other drivers available that may have been stronger options. Although i think he'll do very well in the car next year. So what does he bring other than star power?
    Maybe it brings credibility to Ferrari? That they are finally serious about becoming winners again?
    Does having Ham make Ferrari more desirable for engineers from other teams?
    Ferrari apparently have their eyes on 3 or 4 people from Red Bull but the only big name from Merc was Loic Sera. I think the Civil War at red bull helps us get talent more than having Ham.
    Hopefully it all works out and Ferrari becomes dominant again. So far the vibes are good.
    I really can't understand what you still don't get about it... It's a chess move. Ferrari was bland for ages. Now with Elkan and Fred they are cooking. We are signing big names like Hamilton, 7 time WDC, which makes us look desirable more than just for the sake of Ferrari brand. Just look how much talk is about Ferrari these days. It 100% makes people in factory more excited too and just think about how pumped up you are to work excited for something. It's night and day. It is incredible for marketing as well. It also shows the rest of the grid that something big is going on behind the curtains which makes mating with top engineers easier. We have a top driver in Charles, so if Lewis won't be up to par, it doesn't matter in the slightest. He's done his job by creating all this fuss. This is F1. It's time to go big.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Meanwhile

Ollie tests the F1-75 today in Fiorano.

Leclerc gets a matte black with Monaco colors down the middle of his SP3 today at Monaco.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I really can't understand what you still don't get about it... It's a chess move. Ferrari was bland for ages. Now with Elkan and Fred they are cooking. We are signing big names like Hamilton, 7 time WDC, which makes us look desirable more than just for the sake of Ferrari brand. Just look how much talk is about Ferrari these days. It 100% makes people in factory more excited too and just think about how pumped up you are to work excited for something. It's night and day. It is incredible for marketing as well. It also shows the rest of the grid that something big is going on behind the curtains which makes mating with top engineers easier. We have a top driver in Charles, so if Lewis won't be up to par, it doesn't matter in the slightest. He's done his job by creating all this fuss. This is F1. It's time to go big.

Sure it's easy to say, we got Ham for his star power. But he was at Merc forever and Newey never left Red Bull, neither did any of the other big players Ferrari are trying to get. The more you think about it, does it really make as much sense as initially thought? If it causes friction between Ham and Leclerc, would it be worth it?
    The power players and engineers in F1 are different than the casual fan. They'll know that Ham at Ferrari doesn't equate to wins or success.
    Sometimes a big name can be a distraction as much as an attraction.

Sure it's easy to say, we got Ham for his star power. But he was at Merc forever and Newey never left Red Bull, neither did any of the other big players Ferrari are trying to get. The more you think about it, does it really make as much sense as initially thought? If it causes friction between Ham and Leclerc, would it be worth it?
    The power players and engineers in F1 are different than the casual fan. They'll know that Ham at Ferrari doesn't equate to wins or success.
    That's where Fred's job becomes important. Elkann is doing whatever in his power, it's now upto Fred to "manage" the team. Personally I believe Charles will outscore Lewis on Saturdays however Lewis I believe should be on par if not better on Sundays

Max needs and has the fastest car. Lewis will need Ferrari to give him the fastest car or at least as good as R Bulls car. Is it possible? Ferrari did win one last year.

There is no reason to have any friction between LEC and HAM.
    LEC knew HAM was coming and also he is the team leader of this team , it's even in his contract.
    It's not he who needs to align himself into a new reality, it's HAM actually. It's HAM who will have a blinding fast rival in the team and not a Toto to bend backwards and forwards to accomodate him any more.

So really now, why would LEC care? For me, HAM will be probably an easier opponent to LEC than SAI. Older, slower, and with just a lifespan of 3 years.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    That's where Fred's job becomes important. Elkann is doing whatever in his power, it's now upto Fred to "manage" the team. Personally I believe Charles will outscore Lewis on Saturdays however Lewis I believe should be on par if not better on Sundays
    I digress. People think that LEC does not have what it takes for races and he only is a great if not the best qualifier but that cannot be farther from the truth.
    Sure he is a great qualifier but the whole race thing is (at the end of the day) coming down to the race pace of the car. And I have a feeling we're bout to witness a change this year.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I digress. People think that LEC does not have what it takes for races and he only is a great if not the best qualifier but that cannot be farther from the truth.
    Sure he is a great qualifier but the whole race thing is (at the end of the day) coming down to the race pace of the car. And I have a feeling we're bout to witness a change this year.
    Just to be clear, I'm not discounting Charles, rather just saying Lewis is 7 time WC and has great race craft, we can't discount that either. Time will tell what happens but one this is certain, we will be having the best driver line up come next year.

There is no reason to have any friction between LEC and HAM.
    LEC knew HAM was coming and also he is the team leader of this team , it's even in his contract.
    It's not he who needs to align himself into a new reality, it's HAM actually. It's HAM who will have a blinding fast rival in the team and not a Toto to bend backwards and forwards to accomodate him any more.

So really now, why would LEC care? For me, HAM will be probably an easier opponent to LEC than SAI. Older, slower, and with just a lifespan of 3 years.

Let's see. Ham was the leader of his team for the last 6 or so years. Let's see if ego allows him to be a number 2 if that's what happens. I expect Leclerc to beat him both in qualy and in the races and I expect Leclerc to be 100% professional and for team Ferrari.
    Can we say the same for.Ham? Will he be 100% for team Ferrari or is it going to be team Ham vs Leclerc/Ferrari?
    Let's see.

Let's see. Ham was the leader of his team for the last 6 or so years. Let's see if ego allows him to be a number 2 if that's what happens. I expect Leclerc to beat him both in qualy and in the races and I expect Leclerc to be 100% professional and for team Ferrari.
    Can we say the same for.Ham? Will he be 100% for team Ferrari or is it going to be team Ham vs Leclerc/Ferrari?
    Let's see.
    Let's see. Charles as we now know did sign after made aware that lewis was coming. That was ALSO after having a clause in the contract (and before knowing bout lewis, mind you) that he would be made officially Team Lead for the team (probably one of the reasons he was made aware of the Lewis arrival, not the only one in my opinion mind you).
    Now, having said all that, Charles all these years have been professional, but Lewis, with the amount of money he'll be getting will be expecting to be also professional and to be nothing but that will only cause him trouble.
    There is no Toto to keep him safe, there is no toto to safe guard him and the most important? He is not the face of Ferrari, that is Charles, even if Ferrari paid the money they paid for Lewis.

Lewis was brought in Ferrari for a specific function in the team and it's quite different from the one he was at mercedes. Is he aware of that? I am sure, the question is, how soon will he adapt ?
    I expect him to go for the elusive 8th, but Charles is just too quick for that. And no, I don't expect Charles to sit back for Lewis. No way. So I am guessing two things:
    a. Either Lewis soon enough will shut up and take the money and do the job, or
    b. start the attitude we all know and will be forced into an attitude adjustment, which will be a shock for him because that will be a first but this is Ferrari and not McLaren, nor Mercedes, two environments he was always protected.
    Guess what, he has noone to protect him here. Oops.

Let's see. Charles as we now know did sign after made aware that lewis was coming. That was ALSO after having a clause in the contract (and before knowing bout lewis, mind you) that he would be made officially Team Lead for the team (probably one of the reasons he was made aware of the Lewis arrival, not the only one in my opinion mind you).
    Now, having said all that, Charles all these years have been professional, but Lewis, with the amount of money he'll be getting will be expecting to be also professional and to be nothing but that will only cause him trouble.
    There is no Toto to keep him safe, there is no toto to safe guard him and the most important? He is not the face of Ferrari, that is Charles, even if Ferrari paid the money they paid for Lewis.

Lewis was brought in Ferrari for a specific function in the team and it's quite different from the one he was at mercedes. Is he aware of that? I am sure, the question is, how soon will he adapt ?
    I expect him to go for the elusive 8th, but Charles is just too quick for that. And no, I don't expect Charles to sit back for Lewis. No way. So I am guessing two things:
    a. Either Lewis soon enough will shut up and take the money and do the job, or
    b. start the attitude we all know and will be forced into an attitude adjustment, which will be a shock for him because that will be a first but this is Ferrari and not McLaren, nor Mercedes, two environments he was always protected.
    Guess what, he has noone to protect him here. Oops.
    If Charles does indeed beat Lewis, 7 time world champion, which myself and present company agree he will...
    He's already beaten Vettel, 4 time world champion,
    he's already shown he can out witt and out muscle Max on track, and outqualify Max in a lesser car, and with the right car, will soon defeat Max...

what does this say about Charles?

Let's watch and see if Charles can beat Carlos with a win or with points. Lewis is in the future; Carlos is now. and the points go to Ferrari!! Win, Win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Let's watch and see if Charles can beat Carlos with a win or with points. Lewis is in the future; Carlos is now. and the points go to Ferrari!! Win, Win situation.
    Carlos is no slouch. Carlos has gone toe to toe with Max and held his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    If Charles does indeed beat Lewis, 7 time world champion, which myself and present company agree he will...
    He's already beaten Vettel, 4 time world champion,
    he's already shown he can out witt and out muscle Max on track, and outqualify Max in a lesser car, and with the right car, will soon defeat Max...

what does this say about Charles?

I think it says that we have a team leader and maybe we really didn't need to sign Ham.
    Thought it was a good move at first, but not really seeing a concrete benefit of having Hamilton coming to the team just as Leclerc is peaking and just as the team is starting to jive. Wonder how its going to be if Leclerc destroys him on track.

I think it says that we have a team leader and maybe we really didn't need to sign Ham.
    Thought it was a good move at first, but not really seeing a concrete benefit of having Hamilton coming to the team just as Leclerc is peaking and just as the team is starting to jive. Wonder how its going to be if Leclerc destroys him on track.
    he's aleady being destroyed by russel at merc, so yeah, same story different team, different driver giving it to him

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    he's aleady being destroyed by russel at merc, so yeah, same story different team, different driver giving it to him
    And Rosberg destroyed Schumacher at Merc, did not stop Michael giving them so much more than points......bigger picture.

Fred Vasseur explains exactly what Lewis Hamilton will bring to Ferrari:

“What he will bring is that he is the only seven-time champion on the grid today, that he will come with not only the speed into the car and the technical approach, but he will bring also a different vision of the team. But it’s important for me to have a kind of mix of future and he will come with this experience and for sure it’s an added value.”

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And Rosberg destroyed Schumacher at Merc, did not stop Michael giving them so much more than points......bigger picture.
    I think Schumacher was MORE inclined in knowing the aspects of an F1 car and knowing what and where were it's strengths and weaknesses. He came from an era where he tested ALOT hence his "know-how" in helping Mercedes.

Lewis doesn't have what Schumacher had in helping teams build a foundation whether its personnel or machinery.

Vasseur's description of what Ham brings to Ferrari seems a little ambiguous. He's probably not even sure what Hams role is to be. It was a nice 'coup' to announce that we wooed Ham from Merc, but really.... they didn't even want to offer him a long term contract because they were looking at younger talent.
    Maybe we did them a favour, took him off their hands.
    Hopefully he keeps his race craft so at least we can accumulate WCC points.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think Schumacher was MORE inclined in knowing the aspects of an F1 car and knowing what and where were it's strengths and weaknesses. He came from an era where he tested ALOT hence his "know-how" in helping Mercedes.

Lewis doesn't have what Schumacher had in helping teams build a foundation whether its personnel or machinery.
    Yeah that makes no sense as usual, you are telling us Lewis does not know what makes a car fast? The Merc era was in no way the same as Ferrari's time with Schumacher entirely different sport.

But you know better then Fred, no doubt about it
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah that makes no sense as usual, you are telling us Lewis does not know what makes a car fast? The Merc era was in no way the same as Ferrari's time with Schumacher entirely different sport.

But you know better then Fred, no doubt about it
    Let's see how long Fred lasts in the cauldron of Ferrari. Ferrari's history of team principals in the last 15 years hasn't proven to live up to of the likes of Mercedes or RedBull where it's a more stable environment.

Let's see how long Fred lasts in the cauldron of Ferrari. Ferrari's history of team principals in the last 15 years hasn't proven to live up to of the likes of Mercedes or RedBull where it's a more stable environment.
    That has nothing to do with what you said. But deflect from the point with negativity about Ferrari is your normal way.
    Forza Ferrari

He seems to handling it pretty well so far. Lot of action in Ferrari recently and the car looks like it's going to be pretty competitive. So he should be safe for a couple years at least.

after Horner goes, Vasseur will be the second longest tenured TP on the grid.

Again, let's improve the post quality. The past is the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    after Horner goes, Vasseur will be the second longest tenured TP on the grid.

Again, let's improve the post quality. The past is the past.
    Horner is going?.....or is that an assumption?

I thought Toto Wolff was second in-line as the most tenured TP on the grid.

Agreed, let's improve the post quality.

Horner is going?.....or is that an assumption?

I thought Toto Wolff was second in-line as the most tenured TP on the grid.

Agreed, let's improve the post quality.
    I don't think Horner is leaving Red Bull any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaun View Post
    I don't think Horner is leaving Red Bull any time soon.
    I know. In the other Ferrari website that I'm a member at, there are 48 pages regard this " alleged-inferencing-assumption" that Horner is leaving with all the websites stating that "Horner is leaving."

It's crazy!!!

Also add that Charles has also beat Indy 500 winner Markus Erikson, who isn't the worst driver ever in F1. Has proven to be a competent racer in the states.

I agree. That's where I start to question the signing of Hamilton. Leclerc is starting to mature into a pretty good leader. He's shown how much he loves this team and the brand itself. Seems like a kick in the ass to bring in Ham, and not elevate Leclerc to team leader and show that we believe in him. Bearman showed us that he could step in as a good number 2 in a year or two and start prepping for his turn as leader of this team.
    I'm pretty sure Ham will bring in some good race performances. I just hope it doesn't devolve into a sh.. show if he's repeatedly beaten by Leclerc. Time will tell. Hopefully it all works out.

Autosport reporting Simone Resta is headed to Mercedes