Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2024 F1 news/rumours

Christian Horner denies allegations of misconduct after trove of leaked nudes and illicit texts emerge just 36 hours before F1’s opening race

https://fortune.com/2024/02/29/red-b...ak-f1-bahrain/

IMO this whole Horner fiasco was brought about by a power struggle, involving Jos Verstappen, Marko, and others on the board.

At that level, everyone would have skeletons in their closets - as well as dirt on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    IMO this whole Horner fiasco was brought about by a power struggle, involving Jos Verstappen, Marko, and others on the board.

At that level, everyone would have skeletons in their closets - as well as dirt on each other.
    Honestly, i think this case is going to land up in tears for CH, that's just the way i see this. I do agree with you that Jos V and Marko are involved in ousting CH. Just look at the Dutch news paper and who owns it, yip..........J Verstappen. And most of the leaked info came from his news paper company.

My gut feel is that CH will resign
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Honestly, i think this case is going to land up in tears for CH, that's just the way i see this. I do agree with you that Jos V and Marko are involved in ousting CH. Just look at the Dutch news paper and who owns it, yip..........J Verstappen. And most of the leaked info came from his news paper company.

My gut feel is that CH will resign
    I agree - I too feel that Horner is likely to resign.

But, I also feel, Newey will leave along with him.

Man, both Marko and Jos are snakes.

maybe Newey will finally join Ferrari....i know, i know.....wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    maybe Newey will finally join Ferrari....i know, i know.....wishful thinking
    Sir, I would like to board this train..

I couldn't agree with you more!

It's juts a pity that this really happening and how sad that CH is giving his son a winning car! What more does this chop want!

Greed is the name of the game in this instance. Jos apparantly wants to be some top guy withing the red bull ranks, hence why is driving these allegations and stirring up this nonsense.

If only someone at Ferrari would take this as an opportunity to speak to CH to " maybe come over ". I mean, Ferrari played the Hamilton card very well, So why not throw CH into the mix ?

Question is, " IF " CH comes to Ferrari, what happens with Fred Vasseur then ? ( this is a tricky one to think out )

Latest rumours suggest that toto is giving max lots of money to join Mercedes and the only was this to happen is Horner to be fired. How is those 2 things connected ? And how many years are left on maxs contract?

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    And how many years are left on maxs contract?
    2028 is when Max's contract runs out.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Latest rumours suggest that toto is giving max lots of money to join Mercedes and the only was this to happen is Horner to be fired. How is those 2 things connected ? And how many years are left on maxs contract?
    And as even others have in their contracts that they can leave if Horner leaves (including Newey of course), does Toto just want even them? Makin Silver Red Bull out of his team? I hope not. They can keep Max, but I want Newey and brain power in Ferrari if Horny goes.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Any half a decent talent would win championships with the current Newey rocketships. So, Max would be quite mad to jump ship right now.

But he's Jos's son, so anything is possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more!

It's juts a pity that this really happening and how sad that CH is giving his son a winning car! What more does this chop want!

Greed is the name of the game in this instance. Jos apparantly wants to be some top guy withing the red bull ranks, hence why is driving these allegations and stirring up this nonsense.

If only someone at Ferrari would take this as an opportunity to speak to CH to " maybe come over ". I mean, Ferrari played the Hamilton card very well, So why not throw CH into the mix ?

Question is, " IF " CH comes to Ferrari, what happens with Fred Vasseur then ? ( this is a tricky one to think out )
    Absolutely!

Though, I think Vassure is enough.

What I (and everyone else) want, is Newey! :D

Just a guess, but I think if Horner leaves - he's done with F1.
    No F1 team would want to hire him because of the bad PR that'll follow him.
    Also, I don't think Hamilton would want Horner to join Ferrari because of their past enmity.

That news and the photo along with it, is just a ploy to drum-up more drama as well as pressure to oust Horner.

No sane guy would leave RBR for Mercedes at this point - though, if Newey follows Verstappen to Mercedes it's a possibility (because Merc is also set up in the UK).

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Any half a decent talent would win championships with the current Newey rocketships. So, Max would be quite mad to jump ship right now.

That's only if Newey wouldn't go with them... But what if he would? I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Red Bull HQ now, it would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Max is probably bored of winning so easily.
    Forza Ferrari

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68465516

Mohammed Ben Sulayem: FIA president under investigation for alleged attempt to interfere over F1 race

Forza Ferrari

Now that sounds like something that would bring the sport into disrepute.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

RUMOUR

It's being reported that if Red Bull were to lose Max Verstappen (per AMuS), Adrian Newey would join Ferrari.

Adrian Newey is keen on Ferrari given their new line-up composed of Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc as well as the rumored salary of 100$M.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

the problem with that logic is, if it's power or something more that the Verstappens want, Mercedes literally just refused the same thing to Hamilton. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Absolutely!

Also, I don't think Hamilton would want Horner to join Ferrari because of their past enmity.
    agree with this post

I would prefer Pierre Wache to Newey. Newey is in twilight of his long impressive career, Wache can be a long term solution.
    Last edited by speedmaster; 6th March 2024 at 04:42.

Absolutely!

I'd like to believe Horner is innocent in this matter, At least i hope for his sake.

This drive to get rid of him is coming mainly from Jos, and he's hell bent on ridding Horner of his position!

I don't think Horner will leave F1, especially now that all these allegations are thrown at him. He'd want to stay to prove his innocence, that's for sure.

Horner is too valuable to any team should he resign/Leave RB.

Question is, and if this does happen, Will Newey follow him ?

Can't RB management see they are disrupting a well oiled machine with 3 pillars- Horner, Newey & Max? Will they be dumb enough to let everything crumble? Let's hope they are dumb and we are able to poach Newey & I don't mind Horner as TP

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Can't RB management see they are disrupting a well oiled machine with 3 pillars- Horner, Newey & Max? Will they be dumb enough to let everything crumble? Let's hope they are dumb and we are able to poach Newey & I don't mind Horner as TP
    Top management never sees that. So many companies were destroyed due to this issue. If they have an idea of what they want, it's really hard to fight it, to show them it's not right.

What I think is happeneing is Jos doesn't believe Red Bull with the new engine formula rules of 2026 and wants his son elsewhere. Ford is a big unknown and together with Red Bull they have zero reputation and knowlage in F1 engine development of last years. Ferrari is a no go due to Hamilton but Mercedes has an open seat and history shows us they can make an engine and dominate thanks to it. But Horner won't let Max go. So? Let's destroy him. Push him out through brute force, that opens a clause Max's contract to leave. Red Bull will be basically destroyed by that (Newey, Wache and other brainpower will leave as they have the same clause in their contract), but he doesn't care. Mercedes will happily take Max and probably even some of the engineers who will leave Red Bull. Hopefully not Adrian and Pierre... Ferrari has to outbid Merc hard to get them no matter what.
    Last edited by Kyss4k; 5th March 2024 at 13:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Top management never sees that. So many companies were destroyed due to this issue. If they have an idea of what they want, it's really hard to fight it, to show them it's not right.

What I think is happeneing is Jos doesn't believe Red Bull with the new engine formula rules of 2026 and wants his son elsewhere. Ford is a big unknown and together with Red Bull they have zero reputation and knowlage in F1 engine development of last years. Ferrari is a no go due to Hamilton but Mercedes has an open seat and history shows us they can make an engine and dominate thanks to it. But Horner won't let Max go. So? Let's destroy him. Push him out through brute force, that opens a clause Max's contract to leave. Red Bull will be basically destroyed by that (Newey, Wache and other brainpower will leave as they have the same clause in their contract), but he doesn't care. Mercedes will happily take Max and probably even some of the engineers who will leave Red Bull. Hopefully not Adrian and Pierre... Ferrari has to outbid Merc hard to get them no matter what.
    good post actually, not a bad theory

There's way too much smoke about Newey to Ferrari for it to be pure speculation. Something must be happening behind the scenes, we'll see if anything comes of it, but I'm starting to believe talks have been held between both parties at some point...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    There's way too much smoke about Newey to Ferrari for it to be pure speculation. Something must be happening behind the scenes, we'll see if anything comes of it, but I'm starting to believe talks have been held between both parties at some point...
    I've had similar inklings and intuitions too and Hamilton signing may just be the first footstep of the march? I am frankly lukewarm to that but if it's an enticement to Newey then it's worth the shot. I feel very sorry for Sainz in all this but to his great credit he hasn't lost his fire and I think he will continue to do his best in the time he has left with us. Leclerc is still the man our team has the money on and hope he can maintain speed and motivation until the technical side improves. Will there be any role that Ferrari boat racing might play in helping to bring Newey aboard? To be continued.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    There are also rumours about him joining TOYOTA in WEC
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    There are also rumours about him joining TOYOTA in WEC
    Oh come on man..

From one foe to the next

Cost cap is already 135m $ so i doubt this source
    Look like a dream team is coming