Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2024 F1 news/rumours

2024 F1 news/rumours

Well, the year 2024 comes rolling in.

Though 2023 has been relatively unremarkable, I'm a bit more optimistic about 2024.

As we look forward to the new year - I hope you all have a great year, and as ever Fuerza Ferrari!

The only other team to win one 2023 is Ferrari!! Our drivers are right up there with the best. Lets hope the car is too. I hope Carlos got a pay raise!!

From formu1a.uno
    so now they admit it that the FIA destroyed all the Season 22 and 23 and give RB an huge advantage.

Dalle ultime sessioni in galleria: maggior carico in rapporto all’efficienza aerodinamica

La stagione 2024 rappresenta, se vogliamo, uno sparti acque definitivo con il passato su diversi fronti. In primo luogo, sarà l’anno nel quale sarà più tangibile l’impronta di Frederic Vasseur e di quello che é definito internamente il “settebello” dell’organigramma Ferrari. Ciò che è stato ereditato da Mattia Binotto non può che essere lasciato in buona parte alle spalle, ivi compreso l’aspetto tecnico della monoposto. Le modifiche regolamentari decise dalla Fia ad agosto 2022 ed entrate in vigore nella stagione successiva hanno danneggiato il concept Ferrari, finendo per avvantaggiare la RB19. I 15 mm di aumento della parte posteriore del pavimento, oltre ai 10 mm del diffusore, hanno favorito il team campione del mondo, come ben previsto da un ingegnere Mercedes e ora anche ammesso da Adrian Newey. “La cosa interessante è che alcuni dei nostri ragazzi volevano combatterlo quel cambiamento, invece ho ritenuto che nelle curve ad alta velocità eravamo probabilmente dietro la Ferrari nel 2022 e il cambio di regole poteva essere adatto a noi per colmare quel gap” ha fatto sapere il tecnico inglese ai colleghi di The Race. Non solo colmare il gap ma prendendo proprio il largo poiché la vettura di Maranello perse gran parte della prestazione tra 2022 e la stagione successiva proprio alle alte velocità, finendo dietro anche a Mclaren e, in alcuni parti di stagione, anche a Mercedes in quella macro zone di pista.

I'm shocked.
    Why Ferrari continues to put up with this treatment is beyond me.

No Ferrari = no F1

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I'm shocked.
    Why Ferrari continues to put up with this treatment is beyond me.

No Ferrari = no F1
    Ferrari always losing politic battles nowadays...
    Still waiting for the real Scuderia to comeback..

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    From formu1a.uno
    so now they admit it that the FIA destroyed all the Season 22 and 23 and give RB an huge advantage.

Dalle ultime sessioni in galleria: maggior carico in rapporto all’efficienza aerodinamica

La stagione 2024 rappresenta, se vogliamo, uno sparti acque definitivo con il passato su diversi fronti. In primo luogo, sarà l’anno nel quale sarà più tangibile l’impronta di Frederic Vasseur e di quello che é definito internamente il “settebello” dell’organigramma Ferrari. Ciò che è stato ereditato da Mattia Binotto non può che essere lasciato in buona parte alle spalle, ivi compreso l’aspetto tecnico della monoposto. Le modifiche regolamentari decise dalla Fia ad agosto 2022 ed entrate in vigore nella stagione successiva hanno danneggiato il concept Ferrari, finendo per avvantaggiare la RB19. I 15 mm di aumento della parte posteriore del pavimento, oltre ai 10 mm del diffusore, hanno favorito il team campione del mondo, come ben previsto da un ingegnere Mercedes e ora anche ammesso da Adrian Newey. “La cosa interessante è che alcuni dei nostri ragazzi volevano combatterlo quel cambiamento, invece ho ritenuto che nelle curve ad alta velocità eravamo probabilmente dietro la Ferrari nel 2022 e il cambio di regole poteva essere adatto a noi per colmare quel gap” ha fatto sapere il tecnico inglese ai colleghi di The Race. Non solo colmare il gap ma prendendo proprio il largo poiché la vettura di Maranello perse gran parte della prestazione tra 2022 e la stagione successiva proprio alle alte velocità, finendo dietro anche a Mclaren e, in alcuni parti di stagione, anche a Mercedes in quella macro zone di pista.
    The championships was lost thanks to that loser Mattia Binotto. He was entiltled to fight this rule change or at least get some favorable consideration for the following year but very weak leader blew it and the people who put him there even more so. Ferrari administration are very shy to use their political power. If Marchione was still in this world, we would of won at least 1 championship.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    The championships was lost thanks to that loser Mattia Binotto. He was entiltled to fight this rule change or at least get some favorable consideration for the following year but very weak leader blew it and the people who put him there even more so. Ferrari administration are very shy to use their political power. If Marchione was still in this world, we would of won at least 1 championship.
    Losing Marchione was the biggest blow Ferrari suffered over the last years.
    Binotto should 've never been at a TP position and was only appointed because Ferrari was afraid of losing him (because indeed he was a very good asset).
    However , as we saw, being a technical asset does not make you a good TP. And Ferrari paid the price.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Eagerly waiting for February 12th when the 2024 Ferrari F1 car will be revealed which would be to be "95%" new according to the reports.

RedBull has already started work on the 2025 car. The RB20(2024) is at least 6 months old.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    RedBull has already started work on the 2025 car. The RB20(2024) is at least 6 months old.
    I read this somewhere, which is a bit infuriating.
    Why can't the FIA include a late rule change like in 2005?

Let's hope that Ferrari can beat what they have now! I really believe we have the drivers to do the job. Perez will be doing his best hoping to stay where he is. Louis thinking 8! The first race can't come soon enough !!

The FIA push for 3 component allocation allotment for 2024. A move pushed by Mercedes and Honda. This puts Ferrari in a somewhat difficult situation.

The FIA push for 3 component allocation allotment for 2024. A move pushed by Mercedes and Honda. This puts Ferrari in a somewhat difficult situation.
    What would that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    What would that mean?
    Hypothetically speaking, Ferrari are not going to run their components at the level of Mercedes and RedBull(Honda) meaning Ferrari's qualifying would be great but race pace would suffer to some degree.

These components last 6k km before any change in any component. Ferrari might have to stretch that to 7 5km over the season. Ferrari I believe have it in their component equation to 4 components per season.

Hypothetically speaking, Ferrari are not going to run their components at the level of Mercedes and RedBull(Honda) meaning Ferrari's qualifying would be great but race pace would suffer to some degree.

These components last 6k km before any change in any component. Ferrari might have to stretch that to 7 5km over the season. Ferrari I believe have it in their component equation to 4 components per season.
    I believe Ferrari has already mentioned that they will still be running 4 engines and will take the grid penatly as they wont be able to redesign their components to the necessary measures given the budget cap.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I believe Ferrari has already mentioned that they will still be running 4 engines and will take the grid penatly as they wont be able to redesign their components to the necessary measures given the budget cap.
    Well, last year Ferrari and its customers ran 5 components allocation allotment....fyi.

Mercedes(and customers) and RedBull ran 4. Checo ran 5 I believe because of a crash.

Mclaren just launched their 2024 MCL38 livery on social media and YouTube.

Just do a spicy engine then. Take the punishment but make the car so fast that the punishment won't matter.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Mclaren just launched their 2024 MCL38 livery on social media and YouTube.
    GD-t5Q9WQAEhb0g.jpeg

Orange and black Marlboro

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Just do a spicy engine then. Take the punishment but make the car so fast that the punishment won't matter.
    Agreed......drive it like you stole it I say.

2024 F1 race times have been published.

In 2026, the SpanishGP will be a Madrid street race. No more Barcelona Circuit de Catalunya in 2026.

In 2026, the SpanishGP will be a Madrid street race. No more Barcelona Circuit de Catalunya in 2026.
    Too bad about that - yet another mediocre street race. A street race around Barcelona would be more scenic actually but the Circuit de Catalunya is still more useful for off/early season practice use and now with all the Middle East tracks that's not so important? Frankly I still miss Jerez.....

Another street race? F1 fans want races on real circuits rather than on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaun View Post
    Another street race? F1 fans want races on real circuits rather than on the streets.
    Yeah, I don't understand the street race obsession. 95% of street circuits are pure garbage. They talk about how epic Spa is, how legendary it is, how it's a proper circuit, but then they make a boring flat street track.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Now Osaka is bidding for a street race in 2025.

I hope they don't get rid of Suzuka on the calender.

The USA needs Indy back with a F-1 race ! Bernie selling out to the USA was a great move for F-1 fans.

Just pathetic, getting rid of proper tracks in exchange for junk street circuits. I thought Monaco alone in the calender was too much

F1 fast becoming a joke....

https://twitter.com/skysportsf1/stat...yy4uhsvkF1uFug

AlphaTauri renamed ‘Visa Cash App RB’ for the upcoming season.
    Forza Ferrari