Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    News about the SF24 and not the RB for the Ferrari fans:

According to veteran journalist Alessandro Stefanini, Charles did 56.81 with the SF24 during the filming day, which was 8 tenths faster than the SF23. Sainz did 57.21

The SF24 being much faster than the SF23 is quite normal, but doesn't say anything about the overall performance of the car.
    Dont care about lap times but for this :
    Ferrari: an interesting anecdote about the SF-24.

- Context = Alessandro Stefanini is a journalist who made a career around the Fiorano track. Former Autosprint journalist, he is passionate about the Fiorano track where for many years he has carefully followed each Filming Day of each new Ferrari. With his stopwatch in his hand, he is nicknamed "the man from Fiorano" in the industry.

- In 2023, when he analyzed the filming of the SF-23, he confessed some remarks to his colleagues: "this SF-23 is not going in any direction this year."

- This year, when he analyzed the behavior of the SF-24, his reaction was: "Damn, this car really goes much faster in all zones."

He has his own stopwatch and is a fan of the pneumatic behavior of the cars at Fiorano. His experience allows him to detect everything: under cornering of the car, change of direction, etc.

Once again, this says nothing about the level of performance of the car this season and compared to other teams. This is a first impression from a very experienced person on the behavior of cars in Fiorano.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

The only direction the 2023 Ferrari went was to win a race!!

Cardile mentioned they have upgrades in the pipeline and that they're just waiting a few races to see how the current car does. So it seems they want to make sure the car correlates to the simulator and if so, then we will see a few updates. Let's hope all goes according to plan so that the next steps can happen without correlation issues.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Dont care about lap times but for this :
    Great news. It’s long overdue.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    After 3 or 4 quali's and races at various tracks, THAT will be conclusive and will highlight the weaknesses of ANY F1 car.
    If not mistaken, Charles Leclerc #16 said the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    If not mistaken, Charles Leclerc #16 said the same thing
    Charles knew from doing the first lap onward that SF23 was not going to be competitive and after the first day of testing, he knew that RB would dominate 2023.

Drivers and teams don't need 3-4 races to conclude the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Cardile mentioned they have upgrades in the pipeline and that they're just waiting a few races to see how the current car does. So it seems they want to make sure the car correlates to the simulator and if so, then we will see a few updates. Let's hope all goes according to plan so that the next steps can happen without correlation issues.
    Cardile talking about updates already? Isn't that concerning?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    The average explanation about our "program" with this new car ,is to present a , lets say , basic car at the start, but with a bit of potential aven in this basic form, since its our first approach in this concept. And they they are certain that they are in line with their simulations / undestanding of the concept , then we will evolve it in the level it suppose to be . This upgrade eas scheduled from the beginning of the design.
    All this is the theory that explains the "basicness" of our car.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

If given 2 good cars Ferrari's drivers will challenge for that WCC spot on top.

Yeah we are the only team who will do updates.....
    Forza Ferrari

No, just means the team has a development plan.

Charles knew from doing the first lap onward that SF23 was not going to be competitive and after the first day of testing, he knew that RB would dominate 2023.

Drivers and teams don't need 3-4 races to conclude the pecking order.
    Load of crap. Not once he said that last year except for the interviews he gave at the launch for this year's car. You continue to spread BS

Quote Originally Posted by Msdiabl0 View Post
    Load of crap. Not once he said that last year except for the interviews he gave at the launch for this year's car. You continue to spread BS
    This is what tifosi1993 said at last years "F1 2023 Pre-Season Testing (23-25 February)" page 6 post #151

"Playing things down is better than playing things "up", don't you think?

Who knows, maybe Ferrari is in trouble. Maybe they aren't. But to see Ferrari is being written off already, based on winter testing, I see no logic behind it. As for the SF23, there are positive signs out there, like lighting up the mini sectors while not doing personal best in that sector, no sudden twitching, no huge lockups, almost no visible porpoising etc."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

This is what tifosi1993 said at last years "F1 2023 Pre-Season Testing (23-25 February)" page 6 post #151

"Playing things down is better than playing things "up", don't you think?

Who knows, maybe Ferrari is in trouble. Maybe they aren't. But to see Ferrari is being written off already, based on winter testing, I see no logic behind it. As for the SF23, there are positive signs out there, like lighting up the mini sectors while not doing personal best in that sector, no sudden twitching, no huge lockups, almost no visible porpoising etc."
    YEEEEEEESSS!!!!!! MAX
    Fangirling over a RB driver in a Ferrari forum.

And get off my back stalker. If you hadn't been a such loser, you'd still have a wife. That woman is lucky to escape a real life troll like you.

Fangirling over a RB driver in a Ferrari forum.

And get off my back stalker. If you hadn't been a such loser, you'd still have a wife. That woman is lucky to escape a real life troll like you.
    Awww, am I getting to you!!!

My ex-wife re-married and divorced again.....should you know since you seem "knowledgeable" about my life affairs.

Awww, am I getting to you!!!

My ex-wife re-married and divorced again.....should you know since you seem "knowledgeable" about my life affairs.
    No woman with self-respect would ever spend her with a troll like you, it's just normal.

And since you like to quote Greig so much, where is what he said to you:

Leclerc will win his titles with Ferrari, much to your disappointment.
    See, even Greig knows you are a big RB supporter here, and a Ferrari hater. All your posts are full of love for RB and hate for Ferrari, even this thread is prime example.

You are the guy who cheers RB's overtake on Ferrari, there's nothing else to say.

No woman with self-respect would ever spend her with a troll like you, it's just normal.

See, even Greig knows you are a big RB supporter here, and a Ferrari hater. All your posts are full of love for RB and hate for Ferrari, even this thread is prime example.

You are the guy who cheers RB's overtake on Ferrari, there's nothing else to say.
    Hey sunshine, someone called BS on your post on post #222 same thread.

Hey sunshine, someone called BS on your post on post #222 same thread.
    Hey troll, Greig called you a RB supporter and knows Charles becoming the WDC would hurt you. Your entire post history is all about "RB great" and "Ferrari sucks".

And that "someone" is on my ignore list, so probably some another troll like yourself.

Hey troll, Greig called you a RB supporter and knows Charles becoming the WDC would hurt you. Your entire post history is all about "RB great" and "Ferrari sucks".

And that "someone" is on my ignore list, so probably some another troll like yourself.
    Name calling......how lowly of you. I've posted numerous posts of you praising RB and Ferrari "sucks."

Enjoy!

Stop it you two! If you have issues with each other, go solve them away from here. This is F1 Ferrari forum, not kindergarden.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Stop it you two! If you have issues with each other, go solve them away from here. This is F1 Ferrari forum, not kindergarden.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    But, but, but sir....sir.....teacher....he started it!!!

No I think it was more that they wanted to validate the information in their simulator on the base car first before wasting a portion of their budget on upgrades that might not work. We know they have had a lot of correlation issues in the past, so it's prudent to do it this way.

Mate, that is getting too personal. Please stop.

But, but, but sir....sir.....teacher....he started it!!!
    You two clearly have a spat going on, can you please stop trolling each other. These arguments are not the purpose of this thread.

Gentlemen, (you know who you are).
    We 're not coming here to read your bickering back and forth.
    We're here to talk about Ferrari, and exchange meaningful opinions.

You can take it privately.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

No. Definitely not. Think of it like this: Cardile 's work does not stop at making a car, but also foreseeing the development thru building upgrade packages but ALSO implementing the plan of when to implement the upgrades.
    So why worry as to when you see someone that thinks ahead?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The average explanation about our "program" with this new car ,is to present a , lets say , basic car at the start, but with a bit of potential aven in this basic form, since its our first approach in this concept. And they they are certain that they are in line with their simulations / undestanding of the concept , then we will evolve it in the level it suppose to be . This upgrade eas scheduled from the beginning of the design.
    All this is the theory that explains the "basicness" of our car.
    Exactly. The car we see is being tested as to its value as a platform on which the upgrades will be developed (and the developed ones will be implemented).

Attached Images Attached Images

Ferrari wise: Charles set with contract $$ for a few years ; Carlos with a boot in the but come end of season, I hope they at least put on a show of interest in winning come race time for us fans. Charles for sure has to be ready come 2025 for Lewis! Alonso is showing everyone age is not a problem to be at the front.