Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

I remember some Ferrari cars back in the 90's and 80's with a blue FIAT logo or PIONEER logo on the red cars.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    It's not that terrible (Alpine)... but I am kinda sad that we didn't go balls out and didn't switch the Ferrari red for Azzurro la plata completly for 1 race. That would be quite a historic moment. This way it's just... meh.
    AFAIK it's an one off.
    It 's the worst livery i've seen for quite a while.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

The question is, what happens next year, with the HP blue throwing off the red of the car.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

[QUOTE=Tony;1088230]The question is, what happens next year, with the HP blue throwing off the red of the car.[/QU

Sr Lewis will get the red back ! He's dying to drive the RED Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The question is, what happens next year, with the HP blue throwing off the red of the car.
    I highly doubt that Ferrari will not have red in their cars.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Well, red isn't really a Ferrari colour, it is an Italian racing heritage colour that Ferrari use on their cars. Ferrari's true colour is yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well, red isn't really a Ferrari colour, it is an Italian racing heritage colour that Ferrari use on their cars. Ferrari's true colour is yellow.
    There were private green Ferrari's in the 1950's (Thinwall and Peter Whitehead), and yellow ones until the early 1960's (Ecurie Nationale Beige or Ecurie Francochamps driven by Paul Frere or Olivier Gendebien).

fyi.

who would spend 1/2 a million $$ on a Ferrari that's not RED?

Does anyone think we seem to struggle to pass cars when we are within DRS. I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it but one constant theme this season is how we just don't seem to have the kind of advantage you'd expect with DRS. Today for example with Sainz behind Ricciardo, Perez managed to fly past him, I thought the days of Red Bulls super powerful DRS was over? It's not just today by the way but another recent example how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I highly doubt that Ferrari will not have red in their cars.
    I think we can all agree the car will be red next year, what I meant was the HP logo just by itself clashes with the red. I hope they change the logo to the chrome one on laptops because otherwise, it will be an eyesore all season long.

I think we can all agree the car will be red next year, what I meant was the HP logo just by itself clashes with the red. I hope they change the logo to the chrome one on laptops because otherwise, it will be an eyesore all season long.

Agreed.

Happy about the new sponsor, but with its current colour scheme, it looks quite jarring with the red livery.

Ferrari finishing 3ed &4th was indeed a challenge ! Charles needed that podium.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari finishing 3ed &4th was indeed a challenge ! Charles needed that podium.
    3th and 5th after the penalty.

Was Masi involved?

we need .4 to fight red bull.

that will give you the ability to fight red bull on every track, and win tracks where we are good like Miami a slight advantage to win

i was saying .5 earlier, but now i think if we have indeed improved the tyre warmup issues, we may be okay with .4

.2 isn't enough, all that will do is keep you ahead of Mclaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    we need .4 to fight red bull.

that will give you the ability to fight red bull on every track, and win tracks where we are good like Miami a slight advantage to win

i was saying .5 earlier, but now i think if we have indeed improved the tyre warmup issues, we may be okay with .4

.2 isn't enough, all that will do is keep you ahead of Mclaren.
    In Miami we where more then 0,2 slower then McL, so I think no 0,2 more doesn't put us ahead of them.
    I like and hope more the 0,3- 0,4 scenario,.
    That will considered a good upgrade. Anything lesser then that will still have us fight with McL for podiums and that's not good enough.

#F1 | SF-24 EVO will be on track at Fiorano circuit on Thursday & Friday ‼️

#Ferrari opting to use their final filming day token. 200 kilometres split evenly between the drivers.

ℹ️ | @formu1a__uno

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    #F1 | SF-24 EVO will be on track at Fiorano circuit on Thursday & Friday ‼️

#Ferrari opting to use their final filming day token. 200 kilometres split evenly between the drivers.

ℹ️ | @formu1a__uno
    For the team to use their last filming day on this update, it must be very big and very complex. I'm excited to see what it looks like!!

For the team to use their last filming day on this update, it must be very big and very complex. I'm excited to see what it looks like!!
    And what it will give us , in the stopwatch!!!!

I thought I would read something specific, but the just judge/ read differently the facts.
    They say that Ferrari has correlation issues just because they wait till Imola to deliver the updates.
    The team saying for days/ months that they want to understand as much as they can the base configuration so they can orient/ fine tune the upgrades. And this since we where keeping being competitive.

The only team I really don't want to see beating Ferrari is McLaren.

Trust in Cardile
    Look like a dream team is coming

Bearman will test in the SF24 at Fiorano before his FP1 session with HAAS at Imola.

In Miami we where more then 0,2 slower then McL, so I think no 0,2 more doesn't put us ahead of them.
    I like and hope more the 0,3- 0,4 scenario,.
    That will considered a good upgrade. Anything lesser then that will still have us fight with McL for podiums and that's not good enough.
    on ten lap older tyres. Mclaren were outqualified. Did you watch the same race my friend?

on ten lap older tyres. Mclaren were outqualified. Did you watch the same race my friend?
    maybe their car is not really good in qualifying, but during the race it came alive and were super fast
    anyway, i hope it was just a one off, and their race pace don't become a trend
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Yeh and Norris was more then 0,2 faster then Lec.
    BUT it was a strange situation.
    The 10 old tires had no degradation that's why Lec made his fastest lap in the penultimate lap.
    On their fastest lap yes they had less than 0,2s difference but on average Norris was about 0,3-0,5 I the stint after SC.
    The question is ,as Lec made his FL in the very end ,so he had no issues with the times and his time very close to Norris, why his laps before where so slow??? It's was just a no risk strategy?? Was then he had some issues with the tires had suddenly disappear in the end???.
    The only certain thing is that he was 10s behind in 20+ laps

Yeh and Norris was more then 0,2 faster then Lec.
    BUT it was a strange situation.
    The 10 old tires had no degradation that's why Lec made his fastest lap in the penultimate lap.
    On their fastest lap yes they had less than 0,2s difference but on average Norris was about 0,3-0,5 I the stint after SC.
    The question is ,as Lec made his FL in the very end ,so he had no issues with the times and his time very close to Norris, why his laps before where so slow??? It's was just a no risk strategy?? Was then he had some issues with the tires had suddenly disappear in the end???.
    The only certain thing is that he was 10s behind in 20+ laps
    leclerc has been doing that all year, saving tyres for one last lap at the end, he did that in Saudi Arabia. It doesn't mean that there's no degredation.

They set laptime targets based upon how long they want the tyres to last, so to get tyres to last 10 laps longer, the calculations demand that you drive slower.

The only thing that you can say, and there does seem to be some evidence of this, and it has been discussed briefly here on this forum, is that we have been perhaps a little too convservative on these target laptimes, and how much we gear our setup to the race rather than qualifying.

leclerc has been doing that all year, saving tyres for one last lap at the end, he did that in Saudi Arabia. It doesn't mean that there's no degredation.

They set laptime targets based upon how long they want the tyres to last, so to get tyres to last 10 laps longer, the calculations demand that you drive slower.

The only thing that you can say, and there does seem to be some evidence of this, and it has been discussed briefly here on this forum, is that we have been perhaps a little too convservative on these target laptimes, and how much we gear our setup to the race rather than qualifying.
    ITs very strange. when they do long stints on FPs they can do good consistent lap times. In the races the tires have good life in them right on the very end so they can make their best laps . BUT in the midle of the stints somehow like they loose pace and run 0.2,3+ slower then the " theoretical" pace. Dont know why this happens and i know that there various scenarios/ theories about it . Bottom line we are allways loosing to Max and now from the upgraded McL. And watcing the races and seeing how faster others can be , makes me feel that we will need more then 0.2 /lap to feel a bit safe. AND be continously consistentin the whole stints . Lando was not only fast on new hards. He was scary fast on old mediums . Tires with the most laps on them AND with fights with Per. And when Per get out of the way ,he was the fastest by far and managed to do FL after FL with no drop on his performance.
    I really really hope we managed to overlap this with our upgrades. Right now the stressful thing is that RBR is RBR and with Max its almost cetrain he has the speed to win every race, McL menaged to confirm the success og their upgrades that put them up there with Max to fight for wins. WE for now are on hold and try to "believe" the rumors that our also will be a significant upgrade that will give us quite a bit of performance. BUT till we see it in 10 days in Q and in the race , all we have is just hope !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari: summary of information from
    @formu1a__uno
    via Twitch live:

- Ferrari has never scheduled an anticipation of the first significant package on the SF-24. The plan has always been Imola because the base reacts very well. They continued to work on this package as they took it a little more to the extreme.
    Particularly with pontoons, floor and inverted air inlets like RB.

- The team is quite confident about this package but it will be the track which will give the final verdict. The understanding of the base of the SF-24 has been completed 100%, the car now needs updates. The team had all the answers they wanted regarding
    SF-24 screw.

- Before it was said that the new SF-24 package is worth 2.5 tenths but in reality,
    @SmilexTech
    learned that it is worth much more. It's quite similar to what McLaren did in Miami (+/- 4 tenths). The new parts are quite significant, it's much more than 2.5 tenths.
    Ferrari is also planning further significant improvements for later in the season.

- The Filming Day will be very important to understand the first data of the SF-24 2.0 compared to the basic SF-24. Basically, Ferrari had planned to hold its Filming Day in Barcelona a little later but with the significant package arriving,
    the team chose to use their Filming Day this week. We must not neglect the 200 kilometers, it is already an interesting basis for understanding the first sensations of this SF-24 2.0.

- The objective is to improve the behavior of the SF-24 in slow turns, mechanical adjustments,
    the pace during qualifying (warming up the tires).

- On the future of Adrian Newey, we will not have new information right away, at least not in the coming weeks. For what ? Quite simply for contractual reasons.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!