Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

Well, Fuerza Ferrari!

Written in June but so well seen and explained:
    https://medium.com/@ruhan.khanna.200...4-a1a889252a35

An honest speculation:
    https://pledgetimes.com/ferrari-2024...ulapassion-it/

Have a good reading ...and happy new year!
    Last edited by Gilles; 31st December 2023 at 21:27.

Watching our driver race each other without team orders is great. The results of their efforts will keep Ferrari ahead of Merc and close to R Bull. Alonso will be great to watch also. Lewis after that stolen #8 will also make the races exciting for us fans!

Sorry to be a spoilt sport, but ferrari need to develop a good compitive car & get their race stratergies right. Ferrai being such a big car company and yet they have dificulties developing a good race car is really embarrassing. Last season Ferrari just managed to be ahead of Mercedez, thats not good. Ferrari need to win races on a regular basis.

The SF2024 is 7-tenths faster than the 2023 machine in the simulator.
    How far these figures represent reality, only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mihirshah28186 View Post
    Sorry to be a spoilt sport, but ferrari need to develop a good compitive car & get their race stratergies right. Ferrai being such a big car company and yet they have dificulties developing a good race car is really embarrassing. Last season Ferrari just managed to be ahead of Mercedez, thats not good. Ferrari need to win races on a regular basis.
    We all are (in a way) spoilt brats because we support Ferrari who is the one constant in F1.
    So we have (even if we don't want to admit it) very high standards and in a way, Ferrari is to blame for this.
    We all want to see Ferrari succeeding.

Having said all that, having seen Ferrari improving quite a bit over the second half of the season in pretty much every aspect (organizational, race wise etc), I want to believe that 2024 will be a much better year
    for them.
    Of course, we're not racing alone, so , whatever the improvement we'll be making, needs to be greater than whatever the competition is making, otherwise it'll not be important.

So , let's see what happens.
    For me, it's important to start learning. Which means, that (just as an example) , we need to get back to our roots, and have a team leader and a wing man, no matter if we're getting the championship or not, this structure is giving the team clear purpose and lack of confusion, everyone knows what they're doing.

So let's see what 2024 will bring.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Need to make sure that operating window isn't so narrow this time round

I want to see a race car that behaves like the F1-75 with straight line speed. The car spanked Red Bull in Austria 2022. The car that has tire life left at the end of a stint. The car that is good on hard tires.

The car with the straight line speed of when Leclerc passed Perez in Las Vegas in the 50th lap and a car that has a good grabbing clutch to get the starts to stay in front at turn 1. What else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOPqvt4Tag Overtake of the season, hands down.
    Last edited by TTRSMAD; 9th January 2024 at 01:17.

What else would be to continue treating both drivers fairly. They are really into doing the best for the team. Points and wins are what the team; fans; and drivers are hoping t see!!

Charles and Carlos' contract extensions could be announced during the car launch

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-f1-...act-extension/

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    The SF2024 is 7-tenths faster than the 2023 machine in the simulator.
    How far these figures represent reality, only time will tell.
    7 tenths!?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    We all are (in a way) spoilt brats because we support Ferrari who is the one constant in F1.
    So we have (even if we don't want to admit it) very high standards and in a way, Ferrari is to blame for this.

Having said all that, having seen Ferrari improving quite a bit over the second half of the season in pretty much every aspect (organizational, race wise etc), I want to believe that 2024 will be a much better year
    for them.
    Of course, we're not racing alone, so , whatever the improvement we'll be making, needs to be greater than whatever the competition is making, otherwise it'll not be important.

For me, it's important to start learning. Which means, that (just as an example) , we need to get back to our roots, and have a team leader and a wing man, no matter if we're getting the championship or not, this structure is giving the team clear purpose and lack of confusion, everyone knows what they're doing.

Well said, fratello.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I hope not. The longer it goes unannounced the more likely Sainz will leave the team.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

for them.

Exactly! We need a team leader and a wingman who knows their place.

Sainz is not that wingman, he has aspirations that his talent can't deliver on. So instead he and his family attack Charles and blame the team for their errors.

He needs to go and we need to bring in Albon.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiano Tifoso View Post

Sainz is not that wingman, he has aspirations that his talent can't deliver on. So instead he and his family attack Charles and blame the team for their errors.

Aspirations of winning a race aginst the likes of Max! Can't deliver? All Ferrari's team errors are Sainz fault! Spain vs Monaco is what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    7 tenths!?
    first of all, lets see if the rumour is true! Ferrari rumours have the worst record of eventually being true from all the teaams

second note is that assuming is true is not much. i would go and say its too little. you already lack 5 tenths from the previous year that you have to cover. i can assure you 7 tenths improvement wont win you anything

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    first of all, lets see if the rumour is true! Ferrari rumours have the worst record of eventually being true from all the teaams

second note is that assuming is true is not much. i would go and say its too little. you already lack 5 tenths from the previous year that you have to cover. i can assure you 7 tenths improvement wont win you anything
    Not so sure, we could match Red Bull on pace in the right window for our car, we need to solve that and then 7tenths is very welcoming.
    Forza Ferrari

IF this rumor is true, 1st question is if this is on a single fast lap or on average race pace ( i aslo read the rumor on twitter and they said it was for race pace) . If this is true then yes its a pretty good step forward because they are talking about the end of the year and not before, end on the end of the year we where not so back.
    Of course once again this is only soe nunbers on simulations ,so nothing proved and we have no idea what others will do.
    But as i always saym even if we cant read anything true in these rumors, at least its better to hear good things then bad. Because bad rumors had always come true !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    7 tenths!?
    I see this quite possible.
    We've been working on the problems of the 2023 car while bringing updates all previous year.
    Now taking into consideration that the car is going to have a redesign of sorts where the issues were, if they scrapped the problems and dared to do away with those things that hampered the car, why not?

Now, this inevitably will bring us closer to RBR. How close? That depends to the gains that RBR will have and they will have gains but .7 seconds, no. So this means we'll be more competitive.
    So if this bodes to what is said, that the car is built for Leclerc, this is good news.

We need a fast car that is drivable by our faster driver if we want to stand a chance to bring some sort of challenge against RBR.

So , all we need to do is wait lol
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Amen to that.

I read recently that the Italian government changed their tax code and allowed a certain exemption to expire that sports athletes and other employees considered to be high value were using in order to reduce taxes and overall salaries. Apparently this might impact Ferrari as they have foreigners who will now pay higher taxes and will no doubt ask for higher salaries.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Charles knew his place as awing man when Carlos took that big win away from R Bull! Carlos' talent surely delivered a win. Charles now needs to win a few come 2024 along with Carlos . Neither driver should start a race as an appointed wing man. Austria 2002 was a disgrace! 7 tenths !

Looks like it seems as if the new car has been put on a diet ...

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...peso/10566335/

Quote Originally Posted by RM-Ferrari View Post
    Charles and Carlos' contract extensions could be announced during the car launch

Not likely. To be honest, I hope they are not announced for many months. The longer this goes on for the more likely Sainz is on the way out at the end of this year.
    He and his family are a poison to our team.

Not likely. To be honest, I hope they are not announced for many months. The longer this goes on for the more likely Sainz is on the way out at the end of this year.
    He and his family are a poison to our team.
    Carlos winning the only race out of R Bull is a disgrace ! He should at least have won 5 races. Charles is doing his best as the wing man. An Alonso for Charles trade would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Carlos winning the only race out of R Bull is a disgrace ! He should at least have won 5 races. Charles is doing his best as the wing man. An Alonso for Charles trade would be great.
    You make me LOL
    Murray - "...and there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!"

James - "Well, that should put them out then"

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Carlos winning the only race out of R Bull is a disgrace ! He should at least have won 5 races. .
    2023 is/was exactly like 1988 if you get my drift or have any recollection. Are you aware of this?
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Polite request to the forum moderators and/or forum creator...

Blocking certain members isn't enough if members can still read their delusional trolling comments when they are quoted by other members. Either ban the member for their incessant and persistent trolling or figure out a way to block their comments when quoted by others. It is unbearable. Thank you
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Polite request to the forum moderators and/or forum creator...

Blocking certain members isn't enough if members can still read their delusional trolling comments when they are quoted by other members. Either ban the member for their incessant and persistent trolling or figure out a way to block their comments when quoted by others. It is unbearable. Thank you
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by RM-Ferrari View Post

It is becoming more likely that Sainz signs with Audi; especially after Sainz Sr. just won the 2024 Dakar Rally with them.

https://www.planetf1.com/features/au...d-seep-into-f1
    ~FORZA FERRARI~