Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton signs for Ferrari 2025

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Still need Ferrari's response

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Wonder how the Sky Sports team are going to fair with no longer Ferrari bashing…
    Murray - "...and there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!"

James - "Well, that should put them out then"

They will either switch sides and make love to Ferrari, or they'll tear Ferrari up for wasting Hamilton's talent if it's not going to go well.

The biggest driver signup, hitherto.

Welcome to Ferrari, Lewis.

If he takes his 8th here, it will be like Ferrari stabbing Michael in the back. I need time to cool down, but I'm not sure I can support Ferrari any longer.

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    If he takes his 8th here, it will be like Ferrari stabbing Michael in the back. I need time to cool down, but I'm not sure I can support Ferrari any longer.
    so Ferrari should not compete in a WDC if some fans think it is disrespectful to Michael. lol

What a shame our young driver program couldn't deliver someone to partner Charles and grow into the role, instead of signing another driver past his prime. In my opinion, it's a marketing ploy to sell more road cars. Lewis has a big following in America and it's Ferrari's main market. It's all PR
    I can't stand Lewis' woke whining. It'll be difficult to show any emotion for him. He won't turn a mediocre car into a winning machine. It will be interesting to see who they favour in terms of the 2025 car design

I actually see how this could work. We know Charles is able to win the title if the car will be good enough. And I agree with others here, that Hamilton is past his prime, which means he should not be an issue for Charles. Basically what is happening is we have no.1 in Leclerc and no.2 in Hamilton with the added benefit of Hamilton bringing sooo much attention, money and adds to the prestige to our team which, let's admit it, was a bit tarnished by last few seasons. It may even boost the team morale. It's a win win.

I think this is great news. I think with Loic Serra joining Ferrari and getting Lewis to join the team, Ferrari may actually be able to poach some more talent from Mercedes. It's like what happened with Schumacher, he triggered an exodus of talent from Benetton to Ferrari. This is great news as far as I'm concerned. In the short-term we could expect some squabbles between Charles and Lewis but that's another matter. Long-term I think this is in Ferrari's favor.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I actually see how this could work. We know Charles is able to win the title if the car will be good enough. And I agree with others here, that Hamilton is past his prime, which means he should not be an issue for Charles. Basically what is happening is we have no.1 in Leclerc and no.2 in Hamilton with the added benefit of Hamilton bringing sooo much attention, money and adds to the prestige to our team which, let's admit it, was a bit tarnished by last few seasons. It may even boost the team morale. It's a win win.
    Lewis needs to be #1, you know that by now. Charles will be elbowed into a #2 position. If I were him, I'd seriously be looking at my options right now.

also I feel sorry for Carlos, I don't think he deserved to be booted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
    Wonder how the Sky Sports team are going to fair with no longer Ferrari bashing…
    That's an added bonus for us fans :D

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    so Ferrari should not compete in a WDC if some fans think it is disrespectful to Michael. lol
    "Schumacher" fans, not the actual Ferrari fans. Schumacher can drive for Mercedes, but Ferrari can't sign Hamilton!?...typical fanboy logic.

Lewis needs to be #1, you know that by now. Charles will be elbowed into a #2 position. If I were him, I'd seriously be looking at my options right now.

Don't worry too much about this, Charles is the faster driver, he's not Russell... and if Lewis proves that Charles isn't the quicker driver, well that's important information too.

I hope this move will incentivize Newey to join Ferrari.

Sure they will be treated equally. His name can't be #2 by default. What I meant was that Leclerc is (in my eyes) able to beat him, so there shouldn't be that toxic rivarly inside of the team, like there was between him and Rosberg in 2016. So basically, if he wants or not, he will be kind of an number 2 which brought tonns of money to Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yeah, and what sort of success Alonso and Vettel achieved AFTER leaving Ferrari? I will answer, zero.

And it's quite telling that you've already written off Ferrari's future. But that's just a typical response from a RB fan like yourself.
    You're a bright of sunshine!!!

I don't expect Ferrari to win in 2024 or 2025.

2026 is another Formula BIG change so let's see what 2026 holds for Ferrari.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

local news journalists on radio, (outside in brackley factory) reported there was shock and tears when in the factory it was announced was leaving.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You're a bright of sunshine!!!

I don't expect Ferrari to win in 2024 or 2025.

2026 is another Formula BIG change so let's see what 2026 holds for Ferrari.
    Doesn't matter what you except, facts are facts. Both Alonso and Vettel failed to win a race after leaving Ferrari, let alone fighting for the title.

And another fact is, whenever Lewis signed up for a new team, he found success.

Only a troll like yourself would wish for Ferrari's demise.

If this destabilizes Mercedes, even better. There are so many ways Ferrari wins with this signing :)

Same Michael that helped Mercedes become title winners?
    Forza Ferrari

Doesn't matter what you except, facts are facts. Both Alonso and Vettel failed to win a race after leaving Ferrari, let alone fighting for the title.

Only a troll like yourself would wish for Ferrari's demise.
    Lewis is a 7x title winner, he is bringing something to the team we do not have that's for sure.
    Forza Ferrari

That's because it was a new formula and Mercedes reinvented the wheel of the turbo-hybrid formula.

I wish Ferrari's demise? LOL......Ferrari does that on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Lewis is a 7x title winner, he is bringing something to the team we do not have that's for sure.
    Of course. It will also attract some other big names outside of Ferrari and Merc.

That's because it was a new formula and Mercedes reinvented the wheel of the turbo-hybrid formula.

I wish Ferrari's demise? LOL......Ferrari does that on their own.
    Yeah, you wish for Ferrari's failure and cheer loudly when RB overtakes Ferrari.

All those mumbo-jumbos in your post don't matter and will not change the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    At the moment, this a brand plus brand win.....just look at how much money Ferrari's stock had risen just today...it's several Billion Euros.

Not to mention Lewis's followers.....they will scoop up Ferrari merchandise with his name or number on the merchandise.

I would like to think that this signing was also Ferrari's way of thanking Mercedes for their actions in Las Vegas...

At the moment, this a brand plus brand win.....just look at how much money Ferrari's stock had risen just today...it's several Billion Euros.

Not to mention Lewis's followers.....they will scoop up Ferrari merchandise with his name or number on the merchandise.
    Yawn, if you don't think Lewis brings something on the sporting side then so be it, go cheer for Red Bull already.
    Forza Ferrari

Making over a billion dollar profit will also increase the brand value, so it's not the "only" reason why Ferrari's share value rose today.