Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton signs for Ferrari 2025

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Making over a billion dollar profit will also increase the brand value, so it's not the "only" reason why Ferrari's share value rose today.
    Ferrari's stock price rose 12% today because of Lewis Hamilton signing with Ferrari for 2025....and people whom invested in Ferrari for awhile made alot of cash today.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

If Lewis gets Ferrari another Constructors then I can live with that.

I feel kind of sick though that his rabid legion of social media freaks have a Ferrari connection now.

just imagine this forum getting bombarded by new sign ups....aka Lewis fans....oh, the horror

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari's stock price rose 12% today because of Lewis Hamilton signing with Ferrari for 2025....and people whom invested in Ferrari for awhile made alot of cash today.
    Not the "only" reason. Ferrari booked a record high net profit of over 1 billion for the first time (profits up by 34%) is the actual reason for share jump, they also updated their financial forecasts to increase revenue, which means investors are jumping on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    just imagine this forum getting bombarded by new sign ups....aka Lewis fans....oh, the horror

..Kimi fans
    ..Alonso fans
    ..Vettel Fans

...RB fans, but their number is quite low

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    ..Kimi fans
    ..Alonso fans
    ..Vettel Fans
    ...and now Lewis fans.....shakes head

Hamilton’s knowledge from Mercedes will be valuable and he is obviously one of the best drivers.

From a branding and monetary perspective, it should be positive for Ferrari.

As others have mentioned, perhaps this could convince Adrian Newey and other top designers to join Ferrari as well?

On German stock exchange, Mercedes's stock is also risen by +.63%, which should answer how much impact the Hamilton switch has made today.

So Leclerc will become the de facto #2 driver when Hamilton comes on board then?

So Leclerc will become the de facto #2 driver when Hamilton comes on board then?

i don't think so; I think that they will both have equal status until one of them is out of the WDC contention, which i would call that FAIR.

as well as i think that if ONE of them is ahead in quali and race, that person SHOULD have teh call to be called in the pits first, which would also be FAIR.

I'm going to go with

Alternatively, former Ferrari driver Maurice Trintignant raced with the number 44 in 1955, winning the Monaco Grand Prix.

Would a medium sized advertiser be told about driver lineups in a years time?
    But even if the Maurice bit is true, it is still quite a coincidence!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i don't think so; I think that they will both have equal status until one of them is out of the WDC contention, which i would call that FAIR.

as well as i think that if ONE of them is ahead in quali and race, that person SHOULD have teh call to be called in the pits first, which would also be FAIR.
    I honestly don't think Leclerc will sit idly by because Lewis is a 7 WDC title holder. Leclerc is going to go toe-to-toe with Lewis on the track and give Lewis a run for his money.

That's my 2 cents.....It could also get heated between the two.

I don't like it.

Don't know maybe it could be good competition for Charles and he can learn some things from Lewis.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Don't know maybe it could be good competition for Charles and he can learn some things from Lewis.
    Never much cared for Hamilton but I do hope you're right. In the end I still hold the WMC more valuable than a WDC and if the pair can bring us either or both then I'm for it! Berore then we have to relearn how to win then go for the giant steps. 2024 will be a preparatory year for Ferrari and Hamilton which may be beneficial to our team and Hamilton as well? FORZA FERRARI!!!

my last post here, simply gutted and DISGUSTED by this decision, I was shocked by the Alonso signing, but this is just simply WRONG. goodbye Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    my last post here, simply gutted and DISGUSTED by this decision, I was shocked by the Alonso signing, but this is just simply WRONG. goodbye Ferrari.
    Why are you gutted and DISGUSTED by this decision? And why is it WRONG?
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

@stefa What are your thoughts on Lewis Hamilton driving for Ferrari for maybe 3+ years?
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    @stefa What are your thoughts on Lewis Hamilton driving for Ferrari for maybe 3+ years?
    prolly Stefa has left the chat room....ha, ha...

nah, i think he's OK with it....maybe

103 reasons why; should do it ! It's going to be great watching neither driver move over !

The LS/Ferrari pairing is going to be interesting to say the least.
    This space is blank.

Not sure what to think of this.
    As good as he is, he will be 40 years old.

He hasn't exactly consistently out done George, and will be up agains a whole bunch of younger drivers either in their prime like Max, or rising stars like Lando and Charles

I've been considering this all last night and I've come to the conclusion that I would be a huge hypocrite to stay and cheer for Lewis considering the years I've spent here complaining about him like so many others here.

So I've reluctantly decided to leave for now but I wish to part as friends, I will not say a bad word against Ferrari as one day if I'm still around when Lewis retires or moves team, I would like to return.
    I just cannot support any team with him. My time here has been very enjoyable and you're lovely people. Perhaps we'll meet again one day

farewell

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    I've been considering this all last night and I've come to the conclusion that I would be a huge hypocrite to stay and cheer for Lewis considering the years I've spent here complaining about him like so many others here.

So I've reluctantly decided to leave for now but I wish to part as friends, I will not say a bad word against Ferrari as one day if I'm still around when Lewis retires or moves team, I would like to return.
    I just cannot support any team with him. My time here has been very enjoyable and you're lovely people. Perhaps we'll meet again one day

farewell
    Dude, drivers come and go, get over it. And you don't have to cheer for Lewis...Cheer for Charles.

I too don't like Lewis for various reasons and NO, i will NOT cheer for him, but if he brings valuable points to the team then all is good.

so to reiterate, i'm first and foremost a FERRARI fan.....drivers come and go....for me WCC is the most important thing.

Forza Ferrari!!!

I was able to stop hating Schumacher when he joined Ferrari, the rest was easy. I really disliked Alonso and Vettel as well, but you get over these things.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

farewell
    Vettel and Alonso were just as badly thought of around here until they arrived at Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

farewell
    You know you can support Leclerc instead?