Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton signs for Ferrari 2025

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Possible. Maybe Ferrari's new yacht sailing project could also tempt him.
    Fred Vasseur did say "we will be signing some big names, watch out for this space". Hamilton is here already, what next?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Fred Vasseur did say "we will be signing some big names, watch out for this space". Hamilton is here already, what next?
    Newey is currently only working part-time for F1 project so there might be a change . Piere Wache is the guy who doing all the work now at RB .
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    [formulapassion.it]

Translation

II Corriere dello Sport today, Fulvio Solms writes that Hamilton's arrival at Ferrari was certainly not welcomed with a toast from Charles Leclerc and his entourage. "If Leclerc stays ahead of him he will be a hero. If he keeps up with him, his reputation as the predestined will tarnish. The Monegasque and his clan were disappointed and shocked by Ferrari's decision, which at the time of the extension a week ago did not imagine what was about to happen."
    I'm not surprised about this at all. That is pretty ***** move from Elkann not to divulge this information to Leclerc before signing. Leclerc is going to able to handle Hamilton on track, the problem is when the division start happening between mechanics

and management to whom prioritize on track. This will get even worse if they have a winning car. This comes down to Hamilton mindset when he comes. If the mindset is to help the team and keep his lane, it's going to go great. I am have a feeling

this is about money and if the title happens great if not, finishing in RED is a great way to go. Nonetheless, he was enemy #1 for me the last 10 years but I got warmer with Vettel. No reason not to get warmer if he start to bring the team wins.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    I'm not surprised about this at all. That is pretty ***** move from Elkann not to divulge this information to Leclerc before signing. Leclerc is going to able to handle Hamilton on track, the problem is when the division start happening between mechanics

and management to whom prioritize on track. This will get even worse if they have a winning car. This comes down to Hamilton mindset when he comes. If the mindset is to help the team and keep his lane, it's going to go great. I am have a feeling

this is about money and if the title happens great if not, finishing in RED is a great way to go. Nonetheless, he was enemy #1 for me the last 10 years but I got warmer with Vettel. No reason not to get warmer if he start to bring the team wins.
    First of all, don't believe in everything that get posted here. Certain posters here have dubious agenda.

Formu1a.uno, the news site run byGiuliano Duchessa & Piergiuseppe Donadoni, the most reliable one when it comes to news about Ferrari, reported that both Charles and Sainz knew that Lewis will be arriving at Maranello way before the actual announcement.

Also, Charles signs a long term extension and after 3 days of his signing, Ferrari announced Lewis. Do you really think it is logically possible for Ferrari to keep away the secret of Lewis's signing from Charles? And do you really think Charles would sign a multi-year contract without knowing who his teammate is going to be in the near future? Charles's manager is Nicolas Todt after all, a guy with plenty of sources and close-correspondents inside the paddock.

The arrival of Lewis Hamilton is also welcomed by Charles Leclerc , who was informed of the possibility. We heard that the Monegasque is very happy, seeing this arrival in Maranello as an important and stimulating challenge to face, interpreting the Ferrari move in a positive way and not as something negative or limiting towards him.
    https://formu1a.uno/ferrari-hamilton...et-strategico/

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post

Not necessarily. Ferrari has to look out for it's interest. Negotiations with Leclerc and rumors of him looking at possibly leaving Ferrari once his contract expired led Ferrari to going after a backup plan. This was a smart move on their part. They get a 7X WDC who will likely bring other engineers with him. Leclerc can also benefit heavily from this as Hamilton is getting closer to retirement and if these engineers improve Ferrari, Leclerc will be the ultimate benefactor once LH is done.

If Leclerc does not out-perform Hamilton then Ferrari has more information on Leclerc's actual potential. From a Ferrari perspective, this makes a lot of sense. For me at least, Management is starting to show they are making the right decisions and as a fan I really needed to see this because I was starting to lose faith.
    Last edited by Tony; 5th February 2024 at 01:53.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Not necessarily. Ferrari has to look out for it's interest. Negotiations with Leclerc and rumors of him looking at possibly leaving Ferrari once his contract expired led Ferrari to going after a backup plan. This was a smart move on their part. They get a 7X WDC who will likely bring other engineers with him. Leclerc can also benefit heavily from this as Hamilton getting closer to retirement and if this engineers improve Ferrari, Leclerc will be the ultimate benefactor once LH retires.

If Leclerc does not out-perform Hamilton then Ferrari has more information on Leclerc's actual potential. From a Ferrari perspective, this makes a lot of sense. For me at least, Management is starting to show they are making the right decisions and as a fan I really needed to see this because I was starting to lose faith.
    +1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

If Carlos goes to Merc no one will be watching R Bull! Carlos vs Charles and Lewis will be all there is to watch! With Alonso waiting to make his move to the podium!

For anybody believing those click baits about Charles and his entourage being in shock about Lewis signing with Ferrari, Just watch this interview last year in the press conference, it clearly shows that Charles already knew about him coming to Ferrari way before the press even had any clue.

https://youtu.be/WThC2v98Q5Y?si=WVzCYxTvbbqflBip

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yeah, you wish for Ferrari's failure and cheer loudly when RB overtakes Ferrari.

I did that once with Checo Perez.

Here are your quotes "cheering loudly about RB."

2023 BelgianGP Race thread:

Post #72 page 3

"Yeah, there are some voodoo stuffs going on with the RB. Crazy powerful DRS and zero tyre degradation even when being pushed. Is it just a clever aero-suspension combo or is there something else is going on with this car?"

2023 Dutch Grand Prix Race thread

Post #62 page 3

"Max is holding back so much. I'm amazed at Palmer's commentary of Max is not running away. He can easily do low 1:13's if he wants to."

Post #68 page 3

"Max's race engineer is decisive. Max wanted to stay out for one extra lap on slicks but GP called him to box."

Post #74 page 3

"What a terrible car the SF23 is. Can't switch on its tyres in intermediate conditions, chews up its tyres in dry conditions, lacks downforce and quite terrible in long radius corners. Pathetic car."

Post #52 page 2

"I would suggest people to watch Max's onboard and compare it with Charles/Sainz. The RB19 makes the Ferrari look like a Formula 2 car."

2023 Italian GP Race thread

Post #107 page 4

"10 wins a row for Max. A generational talent in a god tier team. Nothing will stop them."

Then you and Greig trade blows with each other on page 4. Greig responds to one of your posts #114 with post #117.

"Soon will just be true Ferrari fans here, just as it was intended.

Cry some more though, enjoy the salty tears."

Post #33 page 2

"Beyond stupid. Incompetent and hopeless." (When poster Aviamata posts "Perez 2 seconds behind come on this stupid team.")

Post #36 page 2

"What a moronic team. Deserves everything that's happening to them." (against Ferrari!!!)

Post #44 page 2

"Perez was 3 seconds behind when Charles was just 0.5 seconds behind. It alloweed Perez to close down the gap and they pit him when Perez got the DRS on Charles.

Stop defending these morons everytime."

Post #24 page 1

"That's why this team will not win anything"

I could go on further into the 2023 season regarding your praising of RB and Ferrari's failure.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 4th February 2024 at 08:48.

I did that once with Checo Perez.
    Yeah, that's the difference. Calling out Ferrari's strategic blunders or praising RB for building a great car is quite normal.
    But you wouldn't find a single post where I was cheering for RB or supporting them and cheering their on track overtake on Ferrari, which you did by the way.

Hamilton justed tweeted or X'd:

"I will not be driving for Ferrari next year."
    Which was fake.

Elkann will embrace Lewis Hamiltons diversity and inclusion projects. Lewis will be getting paid $100 million USD per year. That doesn't include bonuses.
    Another fake.

This deal isn't about winning races on the track. This deal is about image, branding and merchandising. Elkann and Lewis to include Ferrari will win big on this deal from a HUGE monetary perspective.
    Yet another fake.

I think you should make peace with the fact that Lewis will be driving for Ferrari. Posting fakes about Charles's feelings or how the deal wasn't about racing () is only wasting away forum space.

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    For anybody believing those click baits about Charles and his entourage being in shock about Lewis signing with Ferrari, Just watch this interview last year in the press conference, it clearly shows that Charles already knew about him coming to Ferrari way before the press even had any clue.

Or it was a good old joke? Where is your evidence? Lewis had not even re-signed with Merc back then. I dont believe that for a second.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post

I was thinking of that video as well.

Seems inconceivable that Leclerc would not know or be informed of these developments.
    Last edited by JPZ; 4th February 2024 at 10:54.

If Lewis has to eventually retire without that#8 WDC at least he has fulfilled his other dream ; Having driven for Ferrari ! I wish him a few wins while he's here. I hope Carlos winds up @ Merc; at least he will have a shot at wins. Anything will due as long as we fans don't have to pass the season watching Max & R Bull winning every race.

Yeah, that's the difference. Calling out Ferrari's strategic blunders or praising RB for building a great car is quite normal.
    But you wouldn't find a single post where I was cheering for RB or supporting them and cheering their on track overtake on Ferrari, which you did by the way.
    So praising RB for the overtake on a Ferrari(once) is the difference. You're amazing.

Elkann's deal with Hamilton will net Hamilton $400 million USD. Have you ever heard of Mission 44 project? Look it up!! Elkann's deal with Hamilton isn't about winning races on the track, it's more to do with embracing Hamiltons image and Hamiltons followers. It's a market that Ferrari wants to tap into. Ferrari will embrace Hamilton painting his rainbow on his Ferrari helmet. Do you know what the rainbow is for? It's for the LGBTQ community.

I rest my case
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 4th February 2024 at 11:25.

I hope SR Lewis proves himself worthy of replacing Ferrari's 2023 wining driver and it wasn't just for a few hundred million other reasons $$$ . No way did Carlos deserve the boot in the butt. Monegasque overruled Espania. It's that simple. Being Rubens ups! I mean Carlos only fan here I wish him the best.

Seems the media have gone into overdrive about Lewis with this news.
    Some went full stupid doing things like comparing Lewis wins with Ferrari's

Going to be a long year

I hope this move will incentivize Newey to join Ferrari.

Why would newey follow hamilton?

He is going to Ferrari in the next season but what I am more interesting to see is how things would go between Toto and Lewis in the upcoming 2024 season.

It's going to be a strange race every race. Toto has to just sit and watch. If after say 3 races if Lewis thinks the car has a shot he may well do what he can against Max. A very strange situation indeed. Throw in money not being a factor for Lewis ; Toto is in for a rough year . Maybe George can take over and do some winning?

I have noticed already some new members joining in the other Ferrari forum that I am on due to Hamilton's signing with Ferrari....and yes, they are Hamilton fans. I'm sure it's going to be like this in the coming years.

I expect the same here as well.

I can't imagine Lewis being treated any better than Carlos here. Maybe worse! If he wins a race for Ferrari and there's no mention here; we will know how welcomed he will be. But i'm sure his pay check will compensate. And the food is great!

So praising RB for the overtake on a Ferrari(once) is the difference. You're amazing.

Elkann's deal with Hamilton will net Hamilton $400 million USD. Have you ever heard of Mission 44 project? Look it up!! Elkann's deal with Hamilton isn't about winning races on the track, it's more to do with embracing Hamiltons image and Hamiltons followers. It's a market that Ferrari wants to tap into. Ferrari will embrace Hamilton painting his rainbow on his Ferrari helmet. Do you know what the rainbow is for? It's for the LGBTQ community.

I rest my case
    Why do you care? This is not RBR.
    We've not poached Newy , yet.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Yeah, a huge difference. It's like RM supporter cheering for Barca's goal over RM. (Although you're from the States, so I'm not sure if you're familiar with Barca/RM)

I rest my case

Yeah, a huge difference. It's like RM supporter cheering for Barca's goal over RM. (Although you're from the States, so I'm not sure if you're familiar with Barca/RM)
    I get it now.....like my ex-wife used to nit-pick at certain issues.

#F1 | It’s been reported that Lewis Hamilton’s contract negotiations with Ferrari indicated that he wanted several agreements to ensure the future of Mission 44. And John Elkann proposes to develop Lewis Hamilton's empire. An agreement that could reach 400 million euros.The current agreement with Ferrari would be 80 million euros for 2025, plus an option for 2026. With about 20 million euros issued in the form of bonuses for Lewis’ initiatives.

The other part of the agreement: John Elkann proposes to create a joint investment fund with about 250 million euros, via the Exor family business, in order to invest in Lewis Hamilton's projects and transform him into an ambassador for his own brand.

Could be that Hamilton signing perhaps encouraged Leclerc to sign his long term deal? Seeing Ferrari ready to commit big time for the next few years maybe got him excited for the future.
    I still think Leclerc is the guy they want to win the WDC, but Hamilton does bring better in race performances than Carlos, so WCC could be a reality. If he wins some races, bonus. But I think Leclerc will be hard to beat, especially if we have a decent car this year and he goes the whole season fighting for wins.

To whoever said that Ferrari doesn't need Hamilton as an ambassador for their brand.... big companies sign big names all the time to expand their brand, regardless of how 'big' or well known they are. I'm sure this was a big part of why they signed him. The extra media exposure will be massive, new fans will pour into the Ferrari stable, and on the worldwide stage.... immediate cred with the woke, DEI, climate, gender alphabet soup fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
    Wonder how the Sky Sports team are going to fair with no longer Ferrari bashing…
    That is positive, also Ferrari gets much much more screen time races and so on, it is going to be like Ferrari TV.

[formulapassion.it]

Translation

II Corriere dello Sport today, Fulvio Solms writes that Hamilton's arrival at Ferrari was certainly not welcomed with a toast from Charles Leclerc and his entourage. "If Leclerc stays ahead of him he will be a hero. If he keeps up with him, his reputation as the predestined will tarnish. The Monegasque and his clan were disappointed and shocked by Ferrari's decision, which at the time of the extension a week ago did not imagine what was about to happen."

I can't wait to see how Hamilton throws the toys out of the pram when he would not be granted Number on status in the Team. And I can't wait to see Lecrerc's disappointment when he is not th eone to be granted Number one status.
    Sorry, but i can't see the sporting logic of bringing Hamilton to the Team and sacking Sainz in the process...

Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    I can't wait to see how Hamilton throws the toys out of the pram when he would not be granted Number on status in the Team. And I can't wait to see Lecrerc's disappointment when he is not th eone to be granted Number one status.
    Sorry, but i can't see the sporting logic of bringing Hamilton to the Team and sacking Sainz in the process...
    PlanetF1, another article, said the same thing about Leclerc not happy with the terms Hamilton got.

PlanetF1, another article, said the same thing about Leclerc not happy with the terms Hamilton got.
    Of course that would be what PF1 would repost, since it would mean that Lewis would be in a good position in Ferrari.

Personally I would not believe anything before 2025.
    Last edited by aroutis; 7th February 2024 at 11:18.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve