Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Eh? Where did I dumped on anyone? Your attitude of being a "know it all" afte the battle is over is really anoying.
    I've said what needed to be said. That's all.

While there's basically no chance at winning tomorrow unless a Red Bull breakdown, a second would be nice.

The odds of that navy missile breaking down seems to be as likely as Yellowstone going off or another massive asteroid strike. Seems to happen once every 10 000 races now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Still too early to tell, but the constructors might not be a lock this year for RB...
    id be happy if we won the constructors this year....as THAT to me matters more

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    id be happy if we won the constructors this year....as THAT to me matters more
    As long as Perez can't driving that car and RB won't change their 2nd driver

CL: “i don’t care anymore about quali. we know and we’ve shown that we’re strong in quali in the past.

we struggle in race now and we need to put it all together. the feeling was better during tests, during FPs, but we expect RBR with a bigger advantage than the one they have in quali. let’s see tomorrow, i hope in a good surprise.”
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ok, I have a theory for our relatively slow S1 time. I think the SF24 switches on the tyres more slowly but keeps the tyres healthy for the rest of the lap.

That's one of the reason why it is such a good race car.
    Verstappen got a tow on his last flying lap as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Verstappen got a tow on his last flying lap as well.
    that's NOT the only reason Max's lap was better, it's because charles could NOT replicate the S2 and S3 times he did in Q2....that's WHY he lost POLE

that's NOT the only reason Max's lap was better, it's because charles could NOT replicate the S2 and S3 times he did in Q2....that's WHY he lost POLE
    well it's atleast half the reason because Verstappen took a tenth out of his own sector 1 time on that lap

well it's atleast half the reason because Verstappen took a tenth out of his own sector 1 time on that lap
    add in not having brand new tyres and you have your answers.

it was the wrong call to waste those tyres in Q1 but i understand the call. I saw the track evolution too, but you have to figure there was no way for Alpine to find the lap times that we already had in the bank.

add in not having brand new tyres and you have your answers.

it was the wrong call to waste those tyres in Q1 but i understand the call. I saw the track evolution too, but you have to figure there was no way for Alpine to find the lap times that we already had in the bank.
    What do you mean not having brand new tires?? I though Leclerc had a fresh set of soft tires on both of his runs in Q3?? NO?? just like Maxipad did. Or am I missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    too bad he couldn't reproduce it when it mattered

What do you mean not having brand new tires?? I though Leclerc had a fresh set of soft tires on both of his runs in Q3?? NO?? just like Maxipad did. Or am I missing something.
    Leclerc said going out again in Q1 compromised his Q3. I don't know what else that means other than he didn't have brand new softs for both.

too bad he couldn't reproduce it when it mattered
    cool it, it's qualifying of the first race, he had the pace, that's what matters.

it's hard to know because they spend more time on Merc than any other team

Leclerc said going out again in Q1 compromised his Q3. I don't know what else that means other than he didn't have brand new softs for both.
    He did his first Q3 attempt on those one lap used tyres. The second attempt was on fresh.
    Last edited by Kyss4k; 1st March 2024 at 19:19.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

yeah, but he HAD one set of brand new softs regardless in Q3....all he had to do is replicate his lap from Q2 and the POLE would have been in the bag, NO??

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    He did his first Q3 attemt on those one lap used tyres. The second attempt was on fresh.
    exactly, so it's ALL ON HIM that he could NOT reproduce the lap he did in Q2 which would have gotten him POLE

Remember also that last year RB had a huge DRS advantage. Has any other team found sth similar ?

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Remember also that last year RB had a huge DRS advantage. Has any other team found sth similar ?
    we'll find out during the race tomorrow if the bulls still have the DRS advantage or not, OR if any other teams managed to replicate what they had last year

exactly, so it's ALL ON HIM that he could NOT reproduce the lap he did in Q2 which would have gotten him POLE
    Angry already? qualifying means little in F1 these days, if the race pace is good then starting P2 will make no difference.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Angry already? qualifying means little in F1 these days, if the race pace is good then starting P2 will make no difference.
    i'm not angry, i'm happy with the quali result, just that POLE was up for grabs with the lap from Q2...but maybe the conditions changed a bit, different wind direction....etc

Is it that bad to start second? DRS rules have changed, DRS will now be available after 1 lap instead of 3. So, the only thing Charles has to do is to stay within a second in lap 1. Then the fight is on.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

i'm not angry, i'm happy with the quali result, just that POLE was up for grabs with the lap from Q2...but maybe the conditions changed a bit, different wind direction....etc
    We confirmed that the qualy pace is still there and is NOT slower than RB.

Considering the average improvement from Q2 to Q3 according to Carlos being 2 to 3 tenths, Charles could go sub 1:29s if he nailed that lap. Just imagine we did 1:30:0 last year thats 1s improvement on qualy pace.

Lets see how the race pace goes tomorrow and how much we improved there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Is it that bad to start second? DRS rules have changed, DRS will now be available after 1 lap instead of 3. So, the only thing Charles has to do is to stay within a second in lap 1. Then the fight is on.
    the fight is on indeed. we're closer than where we were in qualifying last year, and qualifying was my biggest question mark coming into this

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    The RedBull is a very slippery car and that helps them in races. I think our car without DRS will be very slow down the straights compared to RedBull. But with DRS, I read somewhere, that we are gaining the same 26 kmph as RedBull.

What do you mean not having brand new tires?? I thought Leclerc had a fresh set of soft tires on both of his runs in Q3?? NO?? just like Maxipad did. Or am I missing something.
    Leclerc had only 1 set of softs vs Max 2 come Q3. It’s not his mistake that he couldn’t replicate the q2 lap time. The prep for Q3 wasn’t good because Ferrari sent him out in Q1 for 2nd attempt on 2nd set of softs.m Which he opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Leclerc had only 1 set of softs vs Max 2 come Q3. It’s not his mistake that he couldn’t replicate the q2 lap time. The prep for Q3 wasn’t good because Ferrari sent him out in Q1 for 2nd attempt on 2nd set of softs.m Which he opposed.
    Correct. LEC was on used soft on final attempt while VER on new, plus the tow.