Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Couldn't match is Q2 S2 and S3 time.
    so all his fault then....let's hope we dont' chew teh tires tomorrow and is GAME ON

Couldn't match is Q2 S2 and S3 time.
    Yeah lost 3 tenths in those 2 sectors. S2 lost 2 tenths and S3 lost 1 tenth. Pole was well within grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    The “goat” P9 while his teammate is P3. Can’t believe Ferrari signed this washed, woke, fake champion.
    Agreed

Ferrari will market him and get all or more money back from this so-called "goat"....so there's the business side to signing him.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ultimate lap time:

Charles: 1:29.084
    Verstappen: 1:29.152

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Yeah lost 3 tenths in those 2 sectors. S2 lost 2 tenths and S3 lost 1 tenth. Pole was well within grasp.
    So one can say he CRACKED under pressure

Ultimate lap time:

Charles: 1:29.084
    Verstappen: 1:29.152
    we can dream about it....but maybe P2 will be better for us at teh start

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Let's see the race pace, but so far the SF-24 is looking good.
    The SF24 will not be a slouch I can tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Agreed

Ferrari will market him and get all or more money back from this so-called "goat"....so there's the business side to signing him.
    As long as this business doesnt affect the real business of winning races.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Not exactly. This things happens. Don't care about poles .He has many of them. Let's have a good race!!

Nope. All of his 21 poles have been delivered under pressure. I think Ferrari made a mistake by wasting 2 new sets in Q1

I'm not holding my breath for 2025 as for winning the championship.

2026 is a different matter. Hamilton will be 41yo.

I think Leclerc will outqualify and out race Hamilton in 2025 and 2026.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Feeling 2022 again but i hope we won't be dissapointed , anyway let's cheers
    Look like a dream team is coming

Ok, I have a theory for our relatively slow S1 time. I think the SF24 switches on the tyres more slowly but keeps the tyres healthy for the rest of the lap.

That's one of the reason why it is such a good race car.

I have a feeling that the SF-24 is somewhat similar to the early F138 in 2013 season: competitive in qualifying, strong race page, maybe not outright fastest and the deg is still worse than Red Bull, but can pick up wins if we get the strategy right

Exactly.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Ok, I have a theory for our relatively slow S1 time. I think the SF24 switches on the tyres more slowly but keeps the tyres healthy for the rest of the lap.

That's one of the reason why it is such a good race car.
    i like your theory.....lets hope our race results will come to fruition tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    I have a feeling that the SF-24 is somewhat similar to the early F138 in 2013 season: competitive in qualifying, strong race page, maybe not outright fastest and the deg is still worse than Red Bull, but can pick up wins if we get the strategy right
    Disagree. The SF24 is genuinely competitive and has the downforce to work the tyres, especially the harder ones. The F138 never had any meaningful downforce, it only looked good in those extremely soft Pirelli rubbers. The Red Bull and the Merc had much more downforce than the F138

i truly hope you're wrong....but time will tell after a few races

Disagree. The SF24 is genuinely competitive and has the downforce to work the tyres, especially the harder ones. The F138 never had any meaningful downforce, it only looked good in those extremely soft Pirelli rubbers. The Red Bull and the Merc had much more downforce than the F138
    exctly, and it was Alonso who outdrove the heck out of that tractor....

No I meant the pre Monoco F138, that car was a legit title contender back then, it had very strong race pace and decent qualifying pace, in the first 5-7 races Alonso usually qualified in the top 5 and the race pace was much better, in the first 5 races we had the pace to win all of 5 , which the SF24 is look like now (not the car characteristics, but more in terms of performance on track), still early to tell tho

i truly hope you're wrong....but time will tell after a few races
    I meant the pre Monaco F138, it was a legit title contender car every race from Australia until Bahrain
    After Monaco the car became the tractor, yeah, but before that the car was very strong both in qualifying and race

I'd say being on the front row is good enough.
    In the end, it comes down to our race pace, which we have to wait and see tomorrow. Its not like it will be difficult to pass at this track, so I dont think qualifying result is that important here.

Its a new car, anything is still possible at this point. Looking forward to the race tomorrow

No I meant the pre Monoco F138, that car was a legit title contender back then, it had very strong race pace and decent qualifying pace, in the first 5-7 races Alonso usually qualified in the top 5 and the race pace was much better, in the first 5 races we had the pace to win all of 5 , which the SF24 is look like now (not the car characteristics, but more in terms of performance on track), still early to tell tho
    The F138 was only competitive on those extremely soft Pirelli rubbers that didn't last 10 laps. As soon as Pirelli introduced more hardened rubber, the F138 lost all the performance. Simply cause it didn't have the downforce to keep them under operating window.

Both RB and Merc had to shred downforce from their cars in order to survive.

Well that'S... bittersweet. Good to know that we are not slow but disappointing that Charles went 3 tenths slower in Q3 than he did in Q2. The car was good enough for pole it seems.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well that'S... bittersweet. Good to know that we are not slow but disappointing that Charles went 3 tenths slower in Q3 than he did in Q2. The car was good enough for pole it seems.
    Next time, wait a little bit more before writing off our chances and dumping on Charles.

Still too early to tell, but the constructors might not be a lock this year for RB...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

The F138 was only competitive on those extremely soft Pirelli rubbers that didn't last 10 laps. As soon as Pirelli introduced more hardened rubber, the F138 lost all the performance. Simply cause it didn't have the downforce to keep them under operating window.

Both RB and Merc had to shred downforce from their cars in order to survive.
    Well the car was made to work with the tyres of that season. Due to lack of power Ferrari didn't stand against changing the tyres which were basically tailor made for Red Bull. Suddenly Vettel was unstoppable and Ferrari was nowhere. The same thing in 2011. We had a terrible blown diffuser and FIA decided to ban it mid season. In Silverstone cars had to run without the engine maps making the blown diffuser work and Alonso won by 20 seconds. Then other teams went rampage and FIA reverted their decission and unbanned it. Ferrari could have blocked that decission, but what was our answer? "For the good of the sport"... We lost several championship due to our lack of political power.

Next time, wait a little bit more before writing off our chances and dumping on Charles.
    Eh? Where did I dumped on anyone? Your attitude of being a "know it all" afte the battle is over is really anoying.