Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix - Race

Surely, compared to last year, you’ve made a good step forward. Do you think it’s possible to compete with Red Bull over the season?

Fred : “We have to be clear. We didn’t start as well as Red Bull, but compared to last year, we started well. Then, over last year, we improved a lot, and on some tracks, we were competing with them. If we manage to develop as we did in 2023, then it will be possible to compete.”
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Surely, compared to last year, you’ve made a good step forward. Do you think it’s possible to compete with Red Bull over the season?

Fred : “We have to be clear. We didn’t start as well as Red Bull, but compared to last year, we started well. Then, over last year, we improved a lot, and on some tracks, we were competing with them. If we manage to develop as we did in 2023, then it will be possible to compete.”
    "Everyone is late to the party" with the exception of RedBull for the 2024 season.

That's my 2 cents.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Congrats to Carlos!!!! A podium for him and Ferrari 1st race!!! Red Bull aside; Carlos puts Ferrari " the best of the rest! "

Season is over after one race. Barring occasional reliability issues, MV will probably cruise to victory in every single race. Ferrari, Mercedes and Mclaren will fight for scraps. Still utterly baffling to me that car manufacturers like Ferrari and Mercedes OK'ed the ban on engine developement, effectively making F1 and aero-only sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Season is over after one race. Barring occasional reliability issues, MV will probably cruise to victory in every single race. Ferrari, Mercedes and Mclaren will fight for scraps. Still utterly baffling to me that car manufacturers like Ferrari and Mercedes OK'ed the ban on engine developement, effectively making F1 and aero-only sport.
    F1 is just following the new sports business model which is based on the professional wrestling template. The show is more important than the results. The four major sports here in the USA have completely transformed from team focused to superstar individuals. Fans have become much less interested in the fundamentals of the sport and are mostly entertained by flashy antics performed after scores. F1 seems content to have RB win every race as long as the TV and other broadcast revenues are sufficient. We were told that budget caps, testing bans, etc. were going to make F1 “fair” and races would be more competitive. Reality shows it was all a hoax to increase profits by “cheapening” the product without actually admitting it to the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    F1 is just following the new sports business model which is based on the professional wrestling template. The show is more important than the results. The four major sports here in the USA have completely transformed from team focused to superstar individuals. Fans have become much less interested in the fundamentals of the sport and are mostly entertained by flashy antics performed after scores. F1 seems content to have RB win every race as long as the TV and other broadcast revenues are sufficient. We were told that budget caps, testing bans, etc. were going to make F1 “fair” and races would be more competitive. Reality shows it was all a hoax to increase profits by “cheapening” the product without actually admitting it to the fans.
    Depends on which side of the coin one stands on.

From a fan perspective, I would agree with your statement.

From Liberty's perspective, it's all about money and cramming in 24 races in 1 season and they are making quite a bit of money doing it and the shareholders are happy with that notion.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Depends on which side of the coin one stands on.

From a fan perspective, I would agree with your statement.

From Liberty's perspective, it's all about money and cramming in 24 races in 1 season and they are making quite a bit of money doing it and the shareholders are happy with that notion.
    Your comment on Liberty’s profits is exactly what I was trying to express in my post.

No surprise to see Red Bull finish the race at one two but I am happy for Sainz who finished at the third spot to start the season on a high. Such strong performances will surely help him secure a seat with another big team for the next few seasons.
    Last edited by Schaun; 3rd March 2024 at 18:49.

Great post !! I'm happy to see at least one other Sainz fan besides me on our forum. I also wish him the best for the future.

I've read multiple Spanish comments about the Ferrari crew not being there for Sainz at the end of the GP.
    Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Forza SF View Post
    I've read multiple Spanish comments about the Ferrari crew not being there for Sainz at the end of the GP.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    It's anti-Ferrari propaganda . This season you'll see a lot of thing like this since Sainztander is leaving
    Look like a dream team is coming

I don't think Ferrari's gap to Red Bull is as big as they're saying. Leclerc had an issue that affected his entire race, let's see what the gap is next race before we reach any conclusions...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I don't think Ferrari's gap to Red Bull is as big as they're saying. Leclerc had an issue that affected his entire race, let's see what the gap is next race before we reach any conclusions...
    From Twitter -

Estimated Bahrain GP results without LEC and RUS issues:
    1. Verstappen
    2. Leclerc +16.569
    3. Perez +22.457
    4. Russell + 23.988
    5. Sainz +25.110
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    It's anti-Ferrari propaganda . This season you'll see a lot of thing like this since Sainztander is leaving
    It’s actually becoming “anti-Leclerc” propaganda now. All the Hamilton fans have already started bashing him in anticipation for the arrival of their “goat” to Ferrari. Even the usual British media suspects have started hating on Leclerc. Anything to prop-up their golden boy.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    From Twitter -

1. Verstappen
    2. Leclerc +16.569
    3. Perez +22.457
    4. Russell + 23.988
    5. Sainz +25.110
    So that's actually a deficit of 0.280/lap. If that's the same gap next week, it will confirm that estimation and we can consider this a huge accomplishment.

From Twitter -

1. Verstappen
    2. Leclerc +16.569
    3. Perez +22.457
    4. Russell + 23.988
    5. Sainz +25.110
    Another number:

In 2022: Lec was ahead of Sai by 18 seconds before the final pitstop
    in 2023: Lec was ahead of Sai by 15 seconds before the final pitstop

By Ferrari's estimation, Charles was lapping 6 tenths/lap slower than the potential pace of the SF24 during the first stint, 4 tenths/lap during the remain stints. He was also in the dirty air of Russell's Mercedes.

Considering everything, I don't it would be too far-fetched to estimate that Charles would've finished behind Max around 6-8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Another number:

By Ferrari's estimation, Charles was lapping 6 tenths/lap slower than the potential pace of the SF24 during the first stint, 4 tenths/lap during the remain stints. He was also in the dirty air of Russell's Mercedes.

Considering everything, I don't it would be too far-fetched to estimate that Charles would've finished behind Max around 6-8 seconds.
    I was thinking 12-15 seconds behind, but I'll take 6-8 seconds...

It’s actually becoming “anti-Leclerc” propaganda now. All the Hamilton fans have already started bashing him in anticipation for the arrival of their “goat” to Ferrari. Even the usual British media suspects have started hating on Leclerc. Anything to prop-up their golden boy.
    Charles is for sure the golden boy choice over Carlos here now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Carlos is fully Rubenized now

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    So that's actually a deficit of 0.280/lap. If that's the same gap next week, it will confirm that estimation and we can consider this a huge accomplishment.
    Another number:

considering the lower deg in jeddah, it's more like Vegas, the track should suit us more in general, max isn't as quick on streets, i don't see any reason we can't fight in this next race for the top positions

Quote Originally Posted by Schaun View Post
    No surprise to see Red Bull finish the race at one two but I am happy for Sainz who finished at the third spot to start the season on a high. Such strong performances will surely help him secure a seat with another big team for the next few seasons.
    Sainz can easily grab a seat in another top runner. But he has zero chance of going there as the number 1. And that is the main caveat.

Only a midfield team would take him as the number 1 driver, and even then he needs a week teammate, someone like Sargeant as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    considering the lower deg in jeddah, it's more like Vegas, the track should suit us more in general, max isn't as quick on streets, i don't see any reason we can't fight in this next race for the top positions
    On paper, the SF24 should do better in Jeddah than Bahrain.

Charles earned that when he took it from Vettel. Having said that no disrespect to Sainz, he held his own well against lando and Charles, albeit the head to head can be skewed for different reasons, he was never a driver you would back as your number one.

https://x.com/giulyduchessa/status/1...fgIER3ucQ6m7KA

Sabotage or incompetence. Either way, Fred needs to figure things out quickly.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Carlos' only 2023 non R Bull win ;and so far a podium win to start 2024!! He needs to do another few wins over Max and a few podiums to catch up to Charles as Ferraris #1.

Carlos' only 2023 non R Bull win ;and so far a podium win to start 2024!! He needs to do another few wins over Max and a few podiums to catch up to Charles as Ferraris #1.
    so you even admit Carlos is behind Charles.

face it, he's Rubenized

Sainz can easily grab a seat in another top runner. But he has zero chance of going there as the number 1. And that is the main caveat.

Only a midfield team would take him as the number 1 driver, and even then he needs a week teammate, someone like Sargeant as an example.
    Or someone like Charles; a weak team mate. 1st race and already a podium ! Last years only win and this seasons 1st podium surely has Charles as the weaker driver so far.Monegasque vs Spain !

Or someone like Charles; a weak team mate. 1st race and already a podium ! Last years only win and this seasons 1st podium surely has Charles as the weaker driver so far.Monegasque vs Spain !
    Sure buddy. Charles is the weaker driver, when he scored more wins, poles, podiums, points and dominating the head-head against Sainz.

But I sympathise. I know your condition and the mental ailments you're suffering from. You don't know what you're saying or writing and I hope your caretakers are taking a good care of you.

Sure buddy. Charles is the weaker driver, when he scored more wins, poles, podiums, points and dominating the head-head against Sainz.

But I sympathise. I know your condition and the mental ailments you're suffering from. You don't know what you're saying or writing and I hope your caretakers are taking a good care of you.
    This is the problem with most, if not all Saniz fans. They refuse to acknowledge the only time he does better than Charles is when Charles has had car trouble. He even sacrificed himself to let Carlos win in Singapore. If the roles were reversed, Carlos would have broke team orders and raced his teammate. “Stop inventing”

Carlos is a solid race car driver, very intelligent and a perfect #2 to any team. However, he does not possess the talent or skill of Charles.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

But I sympathise. I know your condition and the mental ailments you're suffering from. You don't know what you're saying or writing and I hope your caretakers are taking a good care of you.[/QUOTE]

It takes one to know one. Sympathy to you also. Charles needs a podium to keep up.