Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    How is the pace compare to RB ? I feel like the car is very good in long run but it just lacking the ultimate speed
    Not lacking the ultimate pace, lacking consistency. They can consistently do fast lap times throughout the whole race, we can match them, but only at certain points.

Great result today, I'm happy.
    Much improvement over 2023.
    Charles P3 and podium and Bearman DoD!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Signing Oliver for 2025 would be way too early, but the smarter thing if Ferrari believed in him would be to give Sainz a lucrative two-year contract he couldn't turn down but with an out for the team after 2025. The mental pressure to go up against Charles week in and out is a bit too much for any teenage driver and it's of course better to ease him into the position.

That being said, the door will only be open for 2027 now and hopefully he's done enough for a more compliant Haas leadership give him a drive for next year to prove himself. It's been such a waste to have two drivers in their 30s at the farm team all because of the most stale recruitment policy of any team in F1 history over there.

The winner today is Oliver Bearmam he gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Not lacking the ultimate pace, lacking consistency. They can consistently do fast lap times throughout the whole race, we can match them, but only at certain points.
    ΤHe thing is : it has to do with temperatures, tire management , aerodymanamic balance ???? Is it fixable ??
    The way is see it , is that Max/RBR are not light-years ahead on pure pace . Its their consistency that gives them their superiority ( not downsize their accomplishments, its HUGE what they can do)
    Its like he can drive 95-98% in every race ,every lap , whilw the others something like 70-90 . If Lec could drive 95-98 of the SF-24 every lap , even now the gap would not be that much ( Ves still ahead ) , ON this front ( pure pace , on race ,not qualy pace like last year ) we can turn things around . BUT the mega question is , can we make the car consistent in VES/RBR levels ????!!!! THis is the difficult task !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    ΤHe thing is : it has to do with temperatures, tire management , aerodymanamic balance ???? Is it fixable ??
    The way is see it , is that Max/RBR are not light-years ahead on pure pace . Its their consistency that gives them their superiority ( not downsize their accomplishments, its HUGE what they can do)
    Its like he can drive 95-98% in every race ,every lap , whilw the others something like 70-90 . If Lec could drive 95-98 of the SF-24 every lap , even now the gap would not be that much ( Ves still ahead ) , ON this front ( pure pace , on race ,not qualy pace like last year ) we can turn things around . BUT the mega question is , can we make the car consistent in VES/RBR levels ????!!!! THis is the difficult task !!!
    Ferrari is great in quali pace.

Ferrari did improve from last years car when it comes to race pace.

However, Max and Perez will eventually pass Leclerc on true race pace and that's where the gap builds....Max is like .5 sec a lap and Perez is like .3 seconds a lap.

Last year Max could pull a second a lap at the start.

Ferrari still needs a ways to go to build the gap to RB.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    If it brings Newey/few other big names to Ferrari, then I'm all for it. But if not, then I don't understand.

I like Lewis and always paid respect to his immense talent. But he's old and not getting younger. Bearman on the other hand is young and extremely talented.

So, yeah. I know Lewis signing Ferrari has destabilized F1 paddock but it's not making Ferrari stronger, but if he attracts some good names, then ok.
    Someone please help me understand. How/why would Hamilton attract big names? Why wouldn't those names come to Ferrari because of Leclerc for instance, or Vred, or even simply because of Ferrari? Why would they come because of Hamilton specifically? Why would an engineer or designer join a team because of a driver, who's not even at the top of the current class ?

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Someone please help me understand. How/why would Hamilton attract big names? Why wouldn't those names come to Ferrari because of Leclerc for instance, or Vred, or even simply because of Ferrari? Why would they come because of Hamilton specifically? Why would an engineer or designer join a team because of a driver, who's not even at the top of the current class ?
    You don't see why a 7 times champ has more pulling power than Charles? are you serious? Newey is on record saying he regrets not working with Lewis or Fernando.

Do you remember Schumacher coming to Ferrari and making them more appealing to others?
    Forza Ferrari

You need flo.wers to attract �� bees.

Ferrari are not using there full power mode yet it will be used at track specific circuits.I believe redbull have shown there playing cards in respect to power.i have never been a fan of street circuits.Give me a proper racing track any day .The street circuits are just publicity and show.Bring on monza baby now we are talking.

2 races in 2024 and:

1) Ollie Bearman is #10 in the WDC standings.
    2) Ollie Bearman has 6pts in the WDC standings and Hamilton has 8pts(2 races) and Hamilton is #9 in the WDC standings.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari needs to improve traction & its performance in high speed corners. Then we can compete with RB.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari needs to improve traction & its performance in high speed corners. Then we can compete with RB.
    I think both are fine when the tyres are up to temperature and within their optimal window. The last corner of the Saudi track is a pure traction zone and the SF24 was very strong there, it allowed Charles to overtake Lewis even when the latter had greater top speed. The car was also very strong in the first sector when Charles was really going for it.

The SF24 simply takes more time to heat up its tyres. I think the thing we need the most to compete with Red Bull is aero efficiency. We need to improve our rear downforce and reduce drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You don't see why a 7 times champ has more pulling power than Charles? are you serious? Newey is on record saying he regrets not working with Lewis or Fernando.

Do you remember Schumacher coming to Ferrari and making them more appealing to others?
    Did you know that it's possible to answer a question without being combative or condescending? Not everything has to be a show of aggression or superiority.

I can see why a 7 x WDC can have pulling power with fans and sponsors, not necessarily with engineers and designers, especially not after his peak.

Newey said that while Lewis and Fernando were still racing, meaning the opportunity to work with them still existed. So why did he refer to the idea of working with them in past tense? Possibly because he was speaking in hindsight about a younger Fernando and Lewis with the potential for massive success still in front of them. It doesn't necessarily mean he wishes to work with them now. If it did, he could have gone to Fernando at Honda, Alpine, Aston Martin, or Lewis at Merc.

Schumacher was in good form when he moved to Ferrari and the bulk of his success was still ahead of him. In fact, Schumacher's example supports my suggestion about Leclerc. There were more accomplished drivers than Schumacher at the time yet a younger talent with a future ahead of him had more pulling power on engineers and designers than the established drivers. Did Schumacher have pulling power on engineers and designers when he (7 x WDC) went to Merc in the twilight of his career?

I'm afraid your response was not very useful. Anyone else have an answer please?

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari are not using there full power mode yet it will be used at track specific circuits.I believe redbull have shown there playing cards in respect to power.i have never been a fan of street circuits.Give me a proper racing track any day .The street circuits are just publicity and show.Bring on monza baby now we are talking.
    Red Bull showing their full hand is working very well for them. They are winning races. Us using our full power at specific circuits only is concerning, to be honest.

Did you know that it's possible to answer a question without being combative or condescending? Not everything has to be a show of aggression or superiority.

I can see why a 7 x WDC can have pulling power with fans and sponsors, not necessarily with engineers and designers, especially not after his peak.

Newey said that while Lewis and Fernando were still racing, meaning the opportunity to work with them still existed. So why did he refer to the idea of working with them in past tense? Possibly because he was speaking in hindsight about a younger Fernando and Lewis with the potential for massive success still in front of them. It doesn't necessarily mean he wishes to work with them now. If it did, he could have gone to Fernando at Honda, Alpine, Aston Martin, or Lewis at Merc.

Schumacher was in good form when he moved to Ferrari and the bulk of his success was still ahead of him. In fact, Schumacher's example supports my suggestion about Leclerc. There were more accomplished drivers than Schumacher at the time yet a younger talent with a future ahead of him had more pulling power on engineers and designers than the established drivers. Did Schumacher have pulling power on engineers and designers when he (7 x WDC) went to Merc in the twilight of his career?

I'm afraid your response was not very useful. Anyone else have an answer please?
    As for Schumacher at Merc, well yes - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/wo...82329/5282329/

Leclerc is not as big a name as Lewis, like it or not. Schumi was well established as a top driver when he joined Ferrari with 2 titles and plenty of races showcasing his talent.
    Forza Ferrari

When Schumacher went to Ferrari in 1996 he was already considered the best driver on the grid and one of the best ever in terms of talent.

When Schumacher returned in 2010, it was after several years away from F1 and a 'comeback', which hardly ever works out well in sports especially at 41 years old. He also had a neck injury from a bike accident which he never fully recovered from, and would have returned to Ferrari in 2009 if not for the injury.

Schumacher's main contribution to Mercedes was to help develop and improve the team using his own experience and knowledge from his time at Ferrari and Benetton. He also did contribute to their brand and marketing. So I think there are some similarities with Hamilton joining Ferrari.

Elkann has recently stated Leclerc is the future of Ferrari and 'team leader', so unless Hamilton can beat Leclerc on the track, it would seem Leclerc is expected to bring the WDC and the strong pairing the WCC.

As for Schumacher at Merc, well yes - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/wo...82329/5282329/

Leclerc is not as big a name as Lewis, like it or not. Schumi was well established as a top driver when he joined Ferrari with 2 titles and plenty of races showcasing his talent.
    Alright, thanks for your insight Greig.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    When Schumacher went to Ferrari in 1996 he was already considered the best driver on the grid and one of the best ever in terms of talent.

When Schumacher returned in 2010, it was after several years away from F1 and a 'comeback', which hardly ever works out well in sports especially at 41 years old. He also had a neck injury from a bike accident which he never fully recovered from, and would have returned to Ferrari in 2009 if not for the injury.

Schumacher's main contribution to Mercedes was to help develop and improve the team using his own experience and knowledge from his time at Ferrari and Benetton. He also did contribute to their brand and marketing. So I think there are some similarities with Hamilton joining Ferrari.

Elkann has recently stated Leclerc is the future of Ferrari and 'team leader', so unless Hamilton can beat Leclerc on the track, it would seem Leclerc is expected to bring the WDC and the strong pairing the WCC.
    So are you saying Hamilton is currently regarded as the best driver on the grid in the same way that Schumacher was regarded as the best driver in 1996?

My challenge is, I can understand engineers/designers following the current best driver but I don't think Lewis is viewed that way in the paddock at the moment. I don't understand why engineers would follow Lewis around when the likes of Russell, Leclerc and Max are looking better than him. I might be wrong but I doubt engineers followed Schumacher to Merc because there were more exciting younger prospects around (that article Greig shared has no evidence whatsoever of engineers/designers going to Merc because of Schumacher). Why would an engineer at Red Bull leave Max and follow Lewis? Why would an engineer at Merc leave Russell and follow Lewis? I don't get it.

So are you saying Hamilton is currently regarded as the best driver on the grid in the same way that Schumacher was regarded as the best driver in 1996?
    No.

More similar to 2010.

Michael Masi is the only reason Sr Lewis isn't going for a 9th WDC . Max is great but Lewis is the GOAT. He deserves to finish his F1 career with the best team FERRARI !

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari is great in quali pace.

Ferrari did improve from last years car when it comes to race pace.

However, Max and Perez will eventually pass Leclerc on true race pace and that's where the gap builds....Max is like .5 sec a lap and Perez is like .3 seconds a lap.

Last year Max could pull a second a lap at the start.

Ferrari still needs a ways to go to build the gap to RB.
    We are light years better in comparison to last year. No tyre degradation and MUCH better than last year when it comes to race pace (as a result to no degradation).
    So basically we see what we wanted to see, a good platform to build into.

So, I know what I will say is not easy, but.. patience and faith, this is the difficult part. In essense this is a new car that the team and drivers are getting to learn, but it is a GOOD car.

Re: the race, for me this is an excellent result considering, realistically speaking we knew we could not hunt for W unless RBR had issues, but we got the maximum, ie. 3rd with a faultless Charles and an impeccable performance by Bearman that now gives food for thought!
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

No brembo.

No. It's Merc pitwall.
    Now go back under the rock you 're living.
    And when he comes to Ferrari, good luck with him beating his team leader lol
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Michael Masi is the only reason Sr Lewis isn't going for a 9th WDC . Max is great but Lewis is the GOAT. He deserves to finish his F1 career with the best team FERRARI !
    Why do you keep repeating yourself Brembo?

you have been Rubenized

His trolling is incessant.

The bigger question is why hasn’t the owner/moderators banned him yet. Others have been banned for much less.

He hijacks every single thread on this forum and makes it about Hamilton, Rubens or somehow that Carlos is better than Charles. It is very frustrating, even after blocking his posts.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

The bigger question is why hasn’t the owner/moderators banned him yet. Others have been banned for much less.

He hijacks every single thread on this forum and makes it about Hamilton, Rubens or somehow that Carlos is better than Charles. It is very frustrating, even after blocking his posts.
    I have blocked him ages ago. Everyone should!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Is it much different to you posting about everything Hamilton does, sabotage conspiracies etc etc. If someone believes Carlos is better than Charles then why does that bother you so much.
    Forza Ferrari

Is it much different to you posting about everything Hamilton does, sabotage conspiracies etc etc. If someone believes Carlos is better than Charles then why does that bother you so much.
    Everyone can believe everything and back it up with facts.
    Otherwise we can also have people telling us earth is flat or something.

He is clearly flamebaiting. There is a difference.