Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2024 Australian Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

I must say that Xavi has improved quite a lot as a race engineer. He's now very precise and always encouraging Charles on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I must say that Xavi has improved quite a lot as a race engineer. He's now very precise and always encouraging Charles on the radio.
    Yeah this is the thing that i noticed recently . I used to frustrated with him a lot but when Vasseur changed the communication system to a new one which less people speaking in Xavi's ear now , it's a lot better now . I think the last time he made mistake is Monaco last year , isn't he ?
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Finally someone agrees with me on this….
    i never said i agreed with getting rid of Carlos. Far from it.

We have the two most handsome drivers on the grid. And they're both really good.

Comparison between Max and Sainz qualifying lap.

https://twitter.com/Formuladdict/sta...30159960543495
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think RedBull did their due diligence into the matter and found nothing to arbitrarily connect Honer with these alleged text messages coming from an unknown source....and rightfully so that the victim should have been fired from the organization.
    It's not an unknown source though. It's their own employee. Sure, the leaked messages came from an unknown source but the submissions that were considered in the investigation would have come from her. Of course we don't know for sure what they are or whether the leaked documents were in fact authentic because everything has been so hush-hush. Nonetheless, if you're going to fire a woman for complaining about being harassed, I'm sorry but you have to provide sound reasoning for doing so, otherwise it comes across as suppressing the victim, which is all too common. Red Bull's handling of this case spits in the face of the very real and serious issue of harassment in the workplace by egotistical men who know they can do it and get away with it because of their power and position. I'm not necessarily saying Horny is guilty, I'm saying Red Bull should respect the issue enough to treat it with utmost transparency, severity and delicacy.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    It's not an unknown source though. It's their own employee. Sure, the leaked messages came from an unknown source but the submissions that were considered in the investigation would have come from her. Of course we don't know for sure what they are or whether the leaked documents were in fact authentic because everything has been so hush-hush. Nonetheless, if you're going to fire a woman for complaining about being harassed, I'm sorry but you have to provide sound reasoning for doing so, otherwise it comes across as suppressing the victim, which is all too common. Red Bull's handling of this case spits in the face of the very real and serious issue of harassment in the workplace by egotistical men who know they can do it and get away with it because of their power and position. I'm not necessarily saying Horny is guilty, I'm saying Red Bull should respect the issue enough to treat it with utmost transparency, severity and delicacy.
    IF you've seen the text messages, there is no time stamp on the text messages. Looks more like a chat room message or really like it was "made up."

The unknown source is where the text messages originated from.

It's ALL one big question mark? Like someone has an ulterior motive.

IF you've seen the text messages, there is no time stamp on the text messages. Looks more like a chat room message or really like it was "made up."

i've seen the man's wee wee

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i've seen the man's wee wee
    How do you know it's his? The picture could have doctored as in A.I. You don't really know with the upmost certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Pirelli raised the front tyre pressures by +1 psi before FP3. The loss of front end feel today (particularly for Leclerc) *could* be a result of this change. The car seemed to lack the *directness* in the high speed it had from Friday sessions.

Now i'm pushing for maFIA conspiracy lol , sabotaging Red Bull's oppoment when they're strong .

Attachment 8242
    i know they do this often, just seems odd they do it on a weekend where Red Bull seems to have higher deg than usual.

And Red Bull is quick on the straights. If you increase the tyre pressure, faster on the straights, less grip in corners.

Ferrari have replaced the top internal cooling duct on Charles Leclerc’s car.

Race day

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s literally surprise to see all of them here are against leclerc now 😂.

Such post didn’t exist when he was P2 in Bahrain/Jeddah.

People forget easily 2022 first half of the season where schooled max. When was the last time Sainz has done that?
    Yeah that's a fair point. I just get the impression that Charles is a very talented driver but not yet a mature/complete one, whereas Carlos is more mature but not as talented as Charles. But you're right, I guess one tends to be short-sighted and pass judgment based on the here and now. Can I blame it on frustration? :)
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

SF24 is a solid car with good base. But we need to be aggressive with our updates. We need to bring them more frequently, as Red Bull did back in 2022
    We also need to manage our car's evolution over a weekend a lot better, and not find ourselves starting Friday with a hooked up car and ending quali with a difficult car. Also if we could respond to issues on site a lot quicker and fix them during the weekend, that would be great. RB can have a troubled Friday but find their way to dominance by the end of quali. Merc was able to do the same during their 8-year reign. We seem to struggle a bit with this.

Yes this is the mentality that Vasseur is trying to bring back right now . The team's confident had been destroyed with mistake-punishment policy from previous managements
    Which previous managements? As I recall, the Binotto era was riddled with mistakes and no one seemed to be held accountable for them. Binotto always brushed them off and made excuses. If anything, it looks like there's more accountability under Fred.

OFFICIAL: Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) gains a place on the grid and will start P4 tomorrow in Melbourne.

Sergio Pérez (P3) is penalized three places on the grid.
    Sounds a lot better than P5. Suddenly it feels like he's in the mix at the front. Hopefully he gets a good start. Carlos is our best chance for a win so I hope he does well off the line too.

I think we should simply accept the fact that Sainz has done a better job today and him being P2 is a very good result. We should be happy that Ferrari will start the race from P2 and P4.

We should also acknowledge the fact that Charles is a human. Likewise, we can't always expect him to deliver every single time. Sometimes he will struggle.

Those of us who had followed him through the junior formula's know how special he is, Ferrari knows how special he is, few people think he is "overrated", well let them. We are living in a free world after all.

I'm expecting Charles to finish behind Max tomorrow. We've improved quite a lot but still not there yet.
    Fair enough.

You'll notice in my comment that I didn't validate the leaked messages. One of my biggest issues is that Red Bull supposedly did an investigation and still left us with "one big question mark." No transparency, no sense of social responsibility, no confirmation of whether those leaked messages are authentic or fake (because they would know, having possession of the original submissions by all parties and having supposedly tested them thoroughly in an independent, fair and impartial investigation), no information whatsoever, yet they are keeping the alleged perpetrator and they have fired the female victim. It's despicable.