Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Australian Grand Prix - Race - Ferrari 1-2

Forgot to appreciate the strategy team.

They have done super job. Big applause to them.

GJajZ0AWMAABBMo.jpg

McLaren pace is so close to us . They could be a threat in later part of season
    Look like a dream team is coming

Awesome job Ferrari! 1-2 after suuuuuuch a long time feels great! And even better when Verstappen didn't finish. Only slightly bitter thing is Leclerc was kinda disappointing this weekend. He should have had clear advantage over Sainz who is still not 100% after the surgery, yet he lacked in every department today. But anyways, 1 - 2 it is :)

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Sainz : "I knew that even without his problem Max was attackable."

Woohoo! Even if Max was "alive", I don't think he would've beaten Sainz. SF24 really likes the warm weather, as expected. Now they need to be more aggressive, both with the setup and the upgrades and close down the gap.

Stop worrying about tyre wear and get those poles and wins!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Happy birthday mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Msdiabl0 View Post
    Happy birthday mate. That's probably the best Sainz has driven at Ferrari. "Every driver should get their appendix removed over winter"- sainz :D
    What a result for the team. 4 points off Max and Redbull in the championships
    Thank You.

McLaren 3-4

PS : Well done Ferrari

Great job from Ferrari, Sainz did awesome, even more so considering what he's been through. Charles did a good job from fourth, managed the tyres well especially towards the end.

Icing on the cake was Russell hitting the tyres!

Strange things evidently happen while sleeping. Very happy for Carlos who didn't deserve getting the boot in the manner he did. Nice recovery for Charles and being way ahead of the other Red Bull with both cars is surely a good sign. Given Melbourne is essentially one long throttle pedal push these days since the removal of the 90-degree turn on the other side of the lake, I'm a bit hesitant to say that the car is back. This is obviously since the Ferrari engine is presumably flattering the chassis around a place with very high average speeds.

Forza Ferrari

Next time around in Japan, we're btinging upgrades so we may be even better than today. This season doesn't look bad at all.

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Next time around in Japan, we're btinging upgrades so we may be even better than today. This season doesn't look bad at all.
    Suzuka is freezing at this time of the year, if we can't fire up the tyres for the crucial sector 1, then we are in for some pain.

Alonso given 20 seconds penalty for changing his driving in the Russell incident....I would assume they will appeal.
    Forza Ferrari

Great job by the team. This year more than any other they have to capitalize on every RB mistake and they did a fantastic job today. The only downside is that it started at 5 am in my country and I missed it

Wow!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Suzuka is freezing at this time of the year, if we can't fire up the tyres for the crucial sector 1, then we are in for some pain.
    RB and McLaren are gonna give us headache in that S1

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Alonso given 20 seconds penalty for changing his driving in the Russell incident....I would assume they will appeal.
    I don't think Alonso did anything wrong. I've seen videos that would refute the stewards decision. Yes, AMRF1 needs to appeal.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Great job by the team. This year more than any other they have to capitalize on every RB mistake and they did a fantastic job today. The only downside is that it started at 5 am in my country and I missed it
    F1TV Pro. If you don't have it yet, buy it. I didn't want to wake up so early today either so I slept in, woke up at 7am and watched the race then :)

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I don't think Alonso did anything wrong. I've seen videos that would refute the stewards decision. Yes, AMRF1 needs to appeal.
    Yeah I don't get why he got 20s penalty. People are pushing each other out of the track and it's always 5s or 10s at max. He just slows down to the corner to have better exit due to Russel having DRS on him and he gets 20s for that? So weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Yeah I don't get why he got 20s penalty. People are pushing each other out of the track and it's always 5s or 10s at max. He just slows down to the corner to have better exit due to Russel having DRS on him and he gets 20s for that? So weird.
    One the videos shows a side-by-side comparison of Alonsos lap 58 and lap 57 and the pop-up throttle, rpm, speed,brake icon on the side of each side-by-side comparison and there's very little difference between the 2 going into that same corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    RB and McLaren are gonna give us headache in that S1
    All depends on tyres warm up and switching them on before the first corner.

Who needs Newey!!!

If things for the Scuderia look to be turning around, yes I know it's still early, then this 2024 can thank themselves for a good fought effort in getting closer to RedBull.

I think the SF-24 is going to win Monaco and Singapore to to all those corners where the SF-24 is on par or better than the RB20. I would like to see more races won by the SF-24.

Who needs Newey!!!

If things for the Scuderia look to be turning around, yes I know it's still early, then this 2024 can thank themselves for a good fought effort in getting closer to RedBull.

I think the SF-24 is going to win Monaco and Singapore to to all those corners where the SF-24 is on par or better than the RB20. I would like to see more races won by the SF-24.
    There goes Italian engineers < English engineers meme...

Who needs Newey!!!

So 3 wins a season...so we can still take Newey to win a champ.
    Forza Ferrari

Who needs Newey!!!

Someone is worried with the probability that his favourite team may lose out Newey to Ferrari....

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Someone is worried with the probability that his favourite team may lose out Newey to Ferrari....
    No. I'm not worried about Newey coming to Ferrari because it's not going to happen.

I would rather see Ferrari beat RedBull with Newey due to their progress within themselves. It's more admirable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikus View Post
    McLaren 3-4

PS : Well done Ferrari
    Maybe the 'legacy' teams are making their long-overdue comebacks!

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    LOL! 04:00 in the UK...