Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Sainz - Where will he end up?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Those links to the articles you posted are from 2023.

The video link of RedBulls 2026 engine came out a few days ago.

I know they are from 2023. But they show that Red Bull can't possibly be 2 years ahead of everyone else. As a Ferrari fan I hope they aren't.
    Anyway, I think this is the wrong thread for engine discussions.
    I guess we'll see in 2026 which engine or team has the edge.
    Good convo though. Gets boring between races.

Carlos has been excellent. I’m quite sure that Lewis will be just as good though. Charles,Lewis and Ollie is a top top top notch driver lineup…

If I were to make a bet, it would be Red Bull.
    There is no way they will keep Perez, he's no where near the front in a same car that his team mate could dominate the field.

And I'm sure Sainz, like any driver, would jump at the chance for the 2nd Red Bull seat, as compared to the likes of Merc.
    Being probably the best available driver in the market today, I believe Sainz is high on Red Bull list

If all the smoke clears and Max jumps ship to Merc (suddenly losing Ham was a bonus), Sainz could be at Red Bull with Alonso.

I can't see Max any better than Lewis is now in his Merc. It's the CAR! Sainz in Max's R Bull would have him as the WDC for sure as is the case now with Max. Again; it's the car. Meanwhile I'd wait to see Max @ Merc reaching103 WDCs ; before I would call getting Max over Sr Lewis a bonus.
    Last edited by Brembo; 30th March 2024 at 07:33.

Probably nit the right thread for a Ham/Max discussion but getting rid of a driver in his twilight years and making room for the hottest driver on the market? I'd say Merc comes out on top if it happens.

There is no way Max or any driver would willingly give up cars like current Red Bull ones. From easy race wins to finishing P6-P8? Nah, he's not that mad.

Unless you have a nut job dad who hates your boss and 2026 may reset everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Unless you have a nut job dad who hates your boss and 2026 may reset everything.
    Just delete Jos from attending races. They've done it before.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    There is no way Max or any driver would willingly give up cars like current Red Bull ones. From easy race wins to finishing P6-P8? Nah, he's not that mad.
    Remember when Seb left R Bull !! Finding the podium was really tough.

Seb was already getting beat by Ricciardo and RedBull wasn't a dominant team anymore.

Banning Jos from races won't stop him from influencing Max. Might drive Max to leave quicker.

Seb was already getting beat by Ricciardo and RedBull wasn't a dominant team anymore.

Banning Jos from races won't stop him from influencing Max. Might drive Max to leave quicker.
    Yep, Seb also had a hard time adapting to the new regulations.

Alonso is the only one on the grid that came from the V10, V8 and V6 turbo-hybrid era and he seems to adapt to the regulations given the car he is given....crappy or not.

Max has no reason to go to the s*itshot that is called merc. If his dad is causing him something like that, he better rid of him from his career cause at this stage this would be catastrophic.It is -that- simple.
    When/if RBR loses form, this discussion may hold a different value but as the grid stands it's comedy.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

the same ricciardo that could take it to Max regularly

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Remember when Seb left R Bull !! Finding the podium was really tough.
    yeah, if Ferrari keeps Alonso through 2018, they win 1 if not two championships

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    the same ricciardo that could take it to Max regularly
    Ricciardo is washed up. Ever since he milked Renault out of money, he's never been the same again.

Ricciardo is washed up. Ever since he milked Renault out of money, he's never been the same again.
    ^this
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

i don't disagree that he's washed up now

Drivers have a lot more insight into what's happening in F1.than we do. Could be lots of factors that could make Max move.
    His dad, depending on how much influence he has on Max, could def persuade him to leave, regardless of how good Red Bull is.
    Everyone thought Ham was daft to dump McLaren for Merc.
    Could be there is a lot more turmoil in RB than we see from the outside. No one thought Newey would leave but a lot of smoke around him as well.

R Bull has the car for sure. Ferrari has the driver with Carlos ! And they chose to let him go ?? I truly believe Carlos ; Lewis 2025 @ Ferrari would have been unbeatable!

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Max has no reason to go to the s*itshot that is called merc. If his dad is causing him something like that, he better rid of him from his career cause at this stage this would be catastrophic.It is -that- simple.
    When/if RBR loses form, this discussion may hold a different value but as the grid stands it's comedy.
    I agree. Max is going nowhere. I believe Sainz, and Hamilton will just switch cars. I also believe Ferrari are keeping the wrong driver. Sainz is way more aggressive than LeClerc. LeClerc used to be the better qualifier, but he's not even that now. Hamilton, and Sainz would have been fun.

Lewis from Mercedes will go to Ferrari.

Sainz from Ferrari will go to Mercedes.

So a switch-a-roo.

Quote Originally Posted by BAT340 View Post
    I agree. Max is going nowhere. I believe Sainz, and Hamilton will just switch cars. I also believe Ferrari are keeping the wrong driver. Sainz is way more aggressive than LeClerc. LeClerc used to be the better qualifier, but he's not even that now. Hamilton, and Sainz would have been fun.
    Would be nice if you at least could write the names of our drivers correctly. It's Leclerc.
    And no , Ferrari are not keeping the wrong driver. They should have kept both. Charles and Carlos are our perfect duo. Hamilton will not fit in like Carlos does.
    But, now Ferrari wanted Lewis, it's obvious that Carlos was the man to leave Ferrari. He is a great driver, but he is no Charles Leclerc. Leclerc is the guy who at times can show performance on a level that nobody expected was possible with the car. Data don't lie, Charles is the better driver. Not by a large margin, but he is.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Carlos is now the better driver when it comes to wins and podiums. Even missing a race and he's still up there.

Well he's still a Ferrari driver so I hope he keeps winning.

This is what he said after the Japanese GP in an interview.

“Honestly, unfortunately, I have no clue where I’m going to be next year. It’s true that we are talking to many teams."

The sooner Lewis gets his 8th @ Ferrari and retires the sooner Carlos can come back home @ Ferrari. It was Lewis' choice to have Charles over Carlos at Ferrari. For sure the right choice for him!

Lewis from Mercedes will go to Ferrari.

Sainz from Ferrari will go to Mercedes.

So a switch-a-roo.
    Carlos to go to a mid-field from a top team ? nah.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I don't think Sainz is going to Mercedes. He knows if he goes there, he will just be a seat warmer for Kimi.

Sainz wants a long term contract, and only Sauber/Audi and Aston Martin can give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I don't think Sainz is going to Mercedes. He knows if he goes there, he will just be a seat warmer for Kimi.

Sainz wants a long term contract, and only Sauber/Audi and Aston Martin can give him that.
    Agree.