Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Sainz - Where will he end up?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I don't think Sainz is going to Mercedes. He knows if he goes there, he will just be a seat warmer for Kimi.

Sainz wants a long term contract, and only Sauber/Audi and Aston Martin can give him that.
    Not if Wolf hands Kimi to Williams to replace Sargeant. Which would be a good move to get him into F1. Get Sainz as a number 2* to Russel and Merc have a pretty good driver lineup for a couple years. If Kimi doesn't work out in F1, maybe longer.

*just to bug Brembo.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Not if Wolf hands Kimi to Williams to replace Sargeant. Which would be a good move to get him into F1. Get Sainz as a number 2* to Russel and Merc have a pretty good driver lineup for a couple years. If Kimi doesn't work out in F1, maybe longer.

*just to bug Brembo.
    Kimi who??? he's been retired for a while now

Andrea Kimi Antonelli
    Mercs junior driver said to be the next Max. So not quite as good as Leclerc.

]]
    *just to bug Brembo.
    Consider me bugged !!! .

Andrea Kimi Antonelli
    Mercs junior driver said to be the next Max. So not quite as good as Leclerc.
    That will be a very risky move.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    That will be a very risky move.
    Why? Sargeant is not doing much other than costing Williams repair bills. Kimi would be a good bet to replace him regardless of Sainz going to Merc.
    Not sure if Merc think GR is established enough to be team leader and have a junior driver in the team, but if this kid is as good as they say, he should be able to step in and perform.

If Sainz goes.to Audi is he willing to endure a few years of being non competitive.
    Stake/Sauber is not looking so good right now. How long will it take Audi to make this team competitive. I don't think they're going to step in 2026 and be a top 5 team.
    So Sainz will be a team leader and probably no 1 driver, but for a team that's fighting for points, not wins.

Why? Sargeant is not doing much other than costing Williams repair bills. Kimi would be a good bet to replace him regardless of Sainz going to Merc.
    Not sure if Merc think GR is established enough to be team leader and have a junior driver in the team, but if this kid is as good as they say, he should be able to step in and perform.
    Because , simply put, Kimi might be a very good driver outside of F1, but he's untested within F1.

Added to this, we're talking for a Mercedes that is in a crises, which only adds to the pressure. So , if we really need to analyze this, we're supposed to ask from a rookie to get this kind of pressure? Because ?

And his wingman and his team lead is torpedo George?

Oh, ok.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

If Sainz goes.to Audi is he willing to endure a few years of being non competitive.
    Stake/Sauber is not looking so good right now. How long will it take Audi to make this team competitive. I don't think they're going to step in 2026 and be a top 5 team.
    So Sainz will be a team leader and probably no 1 driver, but for a team that's fighting for points, not wins.
    While this sounds the most possible scenario, I have this little feeling that tells me that Aramco is buying out a controlling stake in Aston Martin, and Sainz will be pairing Alonso. A full blown spaniard pair does not sound bad, not bad at all.

Because , simply put, Kimi might be a very good driver outside of F1, but he's untested within F1.

Added to this, we're talking for a Mercedes that is in a crises, which only adds to the pressure. So , if we really need to analyze this, we're supposed to ask from a rookie to get this kind of pressure? Because ?

And his wingman and his team lead is torpedo George?

Oh, ok.
    Simply put, the same was said about Max when he started at 17 years old.
    GR is pretty much a veteran in F1 now.

Merc is still Sainz best bet for a couple years I think.

If a spot does open up at Aston then that would be a good driver pairing.

imply put, the same was said about Max when he started at 17 years old.
    And very simply put, not everyone is Max or Charles.

And very simply put, not everyone is Max or Charles.
    Silly argument. They could have said that about Max or Charles before they were given a chance. He's one of the hottest prospects out there and I'm sure there are people out there more knowledgeable than us that rate these guys.

Carlos is just waiting to finally get paid like the big guys and he for sure deserves to. As soon as Merc gives him the deal he will signup.

If he keeps driving like he is.... he'll get paid.

Silly argument. They could have said that about Max or Charles before they were given a chance. He's one of the hottest prospects out there and I'm sure there are people out there more knowledgeable than us that rate these guys.
    Those people you mention surely are not the press. So I return it to you. Silly argument.Don't fall prey of everything you read. Use your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Lewis from Mercedes will go to Ferrari.

Sainz from Ferrari will go to Mercedes.

So a switch-a-roo.
    Carlos to go to a mid-field from a top team ? nah.
    Italian media are reporting that Sainz is going to MercedesAMGF1 and that it's a done deal.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Italian media are reporting that Sainz is going to MercedesAMGF1 and that it's a done deal.
    Ferrari offered him 1+1 deal last year , he refuse it
    Mercedes offered him 1+1 deal this year , he accept it

So is it because he has no other choice or Merc finally agree to his 2+1 deal ?
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post

Ferrari had offered Sainz a contract till 2025?

Those people you mention surely are not the press. So I return it to you. Silly argument.Don't fall prey of everything you read. Use your brain.
    No need to be so condescending, oh mighty one.

I used my head. The press report what they hear. Some.is true some.are rumours. Where do you get your material, from a direct line to team bosses? I think 99% of us get intel from media sources, just have to sort through what is real and what is made up.

The consensus is that Antonelli is the real deal , feel free to dispute this.

Juniors and prospects are.moved to F1 all the time, prove me wrong.

Bearman was put into a Ferrari at short notice, how did he do? Max was a controversial pick for the RedBull seat, how did he do? Leclerc went from F2 to F1, how's he doing?
    Why putting the hottest prospect out there in an F1 seat seems wierd to you, it's the way it's been done for many, many years by many teams.

Merc lost Max to RedBull because they didn't have a spot for him and.couldnt offer him a.seat.. I doubt they'd want to lose the next big thing for the same reason.

Regardless. Maybe try to keep your arguments civil. We can devolve into name calling and insults, but I don't think we want to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Ferrari had offered Sainz a contract till 2025?
    According to the article, it's a 2 years deal.

I used my head. The press report what they hear. Some.is true some.are rumours. Where do you get your material, from a direct line to team bosses? I think 99% of us get intel from media sources, just have to sort through what is real and what is made up.

Bearman was put into a Ferrari at short notice, how did he do? Max was a controversial pick for the RedBull seat, how did he do? Leclerc went from F2 to F1, how's he doing?
    Why putting the hottest prospect out there in an F1 seat seems wierd to you, it's the way it's been done for many, many years by many teams.

Merc lost Max to RedBull because they didn't have a spot for him and.couldnt offer him a.seat.. I doubt they'd want to lose the next big thing for the same reason.

Regardless. Maybe try to keep your arguments civil. We can devolve into name calling and insults, but I don't think we want to go there.
    Kimi Antonelli looks to be headed to Williams to "earn his wings."

Bearman looks to get a seat at HAAS to also "earns his wings."

That makes perfect sense. It's been done that way many times to introduce a junior driver to a customer team before he gets the call to the big team.
    Would be a shame if those talents weren't at least given a chance to prove themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The sooner Lewis gets his 8th @ Ferrari and retires the sooner Carlos can come back home @ Ferrari. It was Lewis' choice to have Charles over Carlos at Ferrari. For sure the right choice for him!
    Neither will happen.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Neither will happen.
    +1

I will see it when I believe it.
    Same italians mention the one plus one deal that he did not want with Ferrari.

I won't be condescending if you're not.
    When you answer to someone with terms like "Silly"etc, don't complain when you get the same treatment.
    Re: the rest, simple really. Sure your input can be the press, then , it's what I said: Use your brain and dilure the information. It's called thought process.
    Probable/Possible.
    What sticks re: what they write. It's not that hard. Press will try to sell some truth and some things that are going to sell.
    If one were to believe everything, then I would not want to even say what we 're supposed to believe about Ferrari, grasshopper.

Hope that helps.

That actually makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Neither will happen.
    Exactly. But on a personal note I am waiting for Imola to see what the chances are for us to push for WCC.
    Right now we've had the best start in years.

I won't be condescending if you're not.
    When you answer to someone with terms like "Silly"etc, don't complain when you get the same treatment.
    Re: the rest, simple really. Sure your input can be the press, then , it's what I said: Use your brain and dilure the information. It's called thought process.
    Probable/Possible.
    What sticks re: what they write. It's not that hard. Press will try to sell some truth and some things that are going to sell.
    If one were to believe everything, then I would not want to even say what we 're supposed to believe about Ferrari, grasshopper.

Hope that helps.

Not really.

If the press is not a good source for news then tell me a better source for news.
    Do you have direct lines to the internal workings of the teams?

The rest was my internal thought process regarding whats been done in F1 for many years... promote junior drivers to F1 seats.
    Not sure why that was ever in dispute.
    But if you have better sources then let us all know what is happening so we don't need to.speculate. Oh Wise one.

Not really.

If the press is not a good source for news then tell me a better source for news.
    Do you have direct lines to the internal workings of the teams?

The rest was my internal thought process regarding whats been done in F1 for many years... promote junior drivers to F1 seats.
    Not sure why that was ever in dispute.
    But if you have better sources then let us all know what is happening so we don't need to.speculate. Oh Wise one.
    I already explained everything you asked to a tee.
    Now it's up to you what to do with it.

But I am not going to run in loops around you.

P.S. re: promoting young drivers look up. It's also explained. Why do you insist on answered topics?