Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2026 PU thread rumors; who's ahead of who DISCUSSIONS

2026 PU thread rumors; who's ahead of who DISCUSSIONS

it seems that there is NO tread about this, and these discussions keep coming in various other threads

is Red Bull power train really ahead BY TWO YEARS of everyone else??
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 27th March 2024 at 13:22.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

There is rumour about Merc's PU is ahead , probably started by Toto himself so i don't trust that .
    RB rumour is a lot more realistic . Vasseur will make sure that Ferrari will remain silent until 2026 about it's development .
    Still waiting for the real Scuderia to comeback..

Honda just set up it UK engine division, although it will mainly be for post race inspections and maintenance. Their engines will be built in current location.

According to this article, no one is really ahead. Ferrari have bench tested a prototype, Merc 'may' be a couple months ahead.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...est-challenge/

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Honda just set up it UK engine division, although it will mainly be for post race inspections and maintenance. Their engines will be built in current location.
    Honda will be supplying engines to AMRF1 in 2026.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

According to this article, no one is really ahead. Ferrari have bench tested a prototype, Merc 'may' be a couple months ahead.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...est-challenge/
    That article is dated December 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    There is rumour about Merc's PU is ahead , probably started by Toto himself so i don't trust that .
    RB rumour is a lot more realistic . Vasseur will make sure that Ferrari will remain silent until 2026 about it's development .
    After seeing Horner and Marko's comment, I'd say Red Bull's collaboration with Ford is not going well.

And I don't think Lewis would've left Mercedes for Ferrari, knowing that the 2026 Mercedes PU would be the repeat of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    After seeing Horner and Marko's comment, I'd say Red Bull's collaboration with Ford is not going well.

And I don't think Lewis would've left Mercedes for Ferrari, knowing that the 2026 Mercedes PU would be the repeat of 2014.
    exactly, he prolly smells that the merc is a sinking ship, NOW, as well as come 2026 when new PU and chassis come into effect....he prolly totally lost faith in them
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari is 4 years ahead, that's why Lewis is coming......
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    That article is dated December 2023.
    I know. But it's less than 2 years ago. It shows Ferrari has also fired up a prototype engine. So there is no way Red Bull is 2 years ahead in their engine development. They've only had their engine department for approx 2 years. If anything, they have a higher learning curve than the other manufacturers.
    The regulations have only just been finalized. So I suspect most teams are pretty level at where they are in development. Now whether one of them has produces the best engine we'll only know in 2026.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Honda will be supplying engines to AMRF1 in 2026.
    I know. They will still produce engines where they are produced now. This new factory will be built to support Aston with post race inspections, repairs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    WOW. Ham's signing is already producing massive results. What next? The 'game changing' floor that's been rumored for forever?

WOW. Ham's signing is already producing massive results. What next? The 'game changing' floor that's been rumored for forever?
    We may be testing a new floor in Suzuka ;) You think we 'll be seeing something extraordinary? ;)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I know. But it's less than 2 years ago. It shows Ferrari has also fired up a prototype engine. So there is no way Red Bull is 2 years ahead in their engine development. They've only had their engine department for approx 2 years. If anything, they have a higher learning curve than the other manufacturers.
    The regulations have only just been finalized. So I suspect most teams are pretty level at where they are in development. Now whether one of them has produces the best engine we'll only know in 2026.
    https://twitter.com/RBR_Daily/status...78101562544595

we're doomed.....lol

Probably every team has fired up a proto engine at this point.
    No manufacturer would lock in their design at this point. With new, organic or non fossil fuel, teams are going to be optimizing their combustion chambers right to the end almost.

It's all doom and gloom from the Red Bull camp regarding the 2026 engines. Max, Horner, Marko - the unholy trio have criticized the 2026 rules quite a few times. And every additional instance of from the aforementioned unholy trio talking about the 2026 engine regulations just keeps telling me they are lagging behind in Engine development and the ERS expertise they were hoping to get for the Hybrid unit from Ford isn't turning out to be all that.

Back in 2012, Renault were the first to fire up their V6 engine, Mercedes did that a year later. And we all know the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Lewis's own intuition, which is far better than Alonso's, and what Fred showed him, has convinced him to join Ferrari on a multi-year deal. Pretty much the repeat of his McLaren to Mercedes story.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Lewis's own intuition, which is far better than Alonso's, and what Fred showed him, has convinced him to join Ferrari on a multi-year deal. Pretty much the repeat of his McLaren to Mercedes story.
    maybe he;ll finally get his 8th WDC with Ferrari before he retires....as i'm sure he would love to break our beloved Michael's record; though i truly hope that won't happen and that Leclerc would win 2 or 3 at least.....ha, ha...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    maybe he;ll finally get his 8th WDC with Ferrari before he retires....as i'm sure he would love to break our beloved Michael's record; though i truly hope that won't happen and that Leclerc would win 2 or 3 at least.....ha, ha...
    I can imagine how much it would irk Toto if Hammy won his 8th with Ferrari. Might be worth it just to have that thorn we can keep stabbing him with.

But, would rather see Leclerc start his WDC streak and Ham can help with the WCC streak.

I can imagine how much it would irk Toto if Hammy won his 8th with Ferrari. Might be worth it just to have that thorn we can keep stabbing him with.

But, would rather see Leclerc start his WDC streak and Ham can help with the WCC streak.
    Amin to that

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    it seems that there is NO tread about this, and these discussions keep coming in various other threads

is Red Bull power train really ahead BY TWO YEARS of everyone else??
    Excellent topic. In my opinion the RB power train for the future is in question. This will be a new development for RB let’s see how they manage it?

Overtake mode for the 2026 MGU-K:

Speeds of up to 290kph, 100% of the MGU-K can be used. If a car hits 345kph, the MGU-K will stop deploying altogether.

Watching Carlos vs Charles is more exciting than any other match up so far. Max's R Bull car is juts too good to be true with him behind the wheel..... so far !

Red bull will not have a runaway season scripted like last season the gap has closed.

As for the wolf his days are numbered at mercedes. The only one seeing a rear wing pass will be lotto at the airport watching planes before his own departure from mercedes. For heavens sake lotto stop with the lewis Hamilton jargon .Lewis Hamilton's desion is done now be a good boy and except it.Dont worry about 2025 focus on your very ordinary current 2024 spec.

In 2026:
    - Goodbye to DRS
    - Hello to WEC boost system

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    In 2026:
    - Goodbye to DRS
    - Hello to WEC boost system
    Yep, that's what it looks like. The movable aero advantage looks to go to bed.

I thought they were looking at active aero for 2026. Weren't they talking about active front and rear wings?

I thought they were looking at active aero for 2026. Weren't they talking about active front and rear wings?
    Yeah, I read that somewhere also.