Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Newey to Ferrari?

Newey called Fred and Elkann about 20 minutes ago.

"Sorry for the loss at Imola 6hour race today. Maybe next time."

(I'm only kidding.....but hey, they would still be talking no? )
    It's not how start but how you finish.

please let it be true, please let it be true, please let be true.....

i personally think in todays rules and regulations (ground effect era), the ONLY way to be a TOP team, win races regularly as well as possible championships, we NEED Newey onboard

anybody else is with me on this????
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 25th April 2024 at 14:21.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Forza Ferrari

So it has be to Ferrari or Aston. He should work with either Hamilton or Alonso soon

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    So it has be to Ferrari or Aston. He should work with either Hamilton or Alonso soon
    Mercedesf1AMG?

(That's IF Newey leaves RedBull)

Should Newey leave RedBull, Newey has to serve a year of gardening leave.

This could also mean Newey's retirement as well.

He's only coming to Ferrari because the GOAT will be driving for Ferrari next year and he's always said he wanted to work with Lewis!
    So thank Lewis for Newey because sainz and leclerc wouldn't have got him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Always44 View Post
    He's only coming to Ferrari because the GOAT will be driving for Ferrari next year and he's always said he wanted to work with Lewis!
    Nothing official has been stated by Adrian Newey.

These are all journo stories at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

^this.....

unless it comes from Newey's mouth himself.....then yeah, it's ONLY rumors

I was surprised when HP announced as Ferrari's title sponsor. Had it been for Hamilton's salary, Ferrari would've announced at the end of this year as there was no hurry.

But the HP announcement came out of the blue and the money HP is bringing quite huge. So it couldn't be just for Hamilton, something else was going on.

And with today's bombshell news, I'm now quite certain that Adrian Newey, at last, will come to Maranello. Get ready for some celebration folks, the era of Ferrari's domination will begin soon.

Mercedesf1AMG?

(That's IF Newey leaves RedBull)

Should Newey leave RedBull, Newey has to serve a year of gardening leave.

This could also mean Newey's retirement as well.
    thanks for keeping us all on planet earth jgonzalesm6.

i mean firstly if Newey were to leave an esteemed team such as Red Bull, obviously his first choice would have to be Mercedes AMG, or Aston. Aston would make sense because it explains why Alonso stayed there.

Yeah, Ferrari is the last place a high quality engineer would want to end up.

The LAST thing this news could mean is Newey to Ferrari.

Thanks for this insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

i mean firstly if Newey were to leave an esteemed team such as Red Bull, obviously his first choice would have to be Mercedes AMG, or Aston. Aston would make sense because it explains why Alonso stayed there.

Thanks for this insight.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    His post was facetious.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Regardless of where Newey goes (As long as it's not Mercedes or McLaren) I'll be happy. If it weakens RB it's a good thing. It'll take Newey a few years to get up and running in any new organization and hopefully that leaves Ferrari with some time to become the class of the field again.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Thanks for this insight.
    Look at Newey's history of employers. Gee, I wonder where they are stationed at.

How many ludicrous offers has Newey had from Ferrari in the past that Newey has turned down?

That alone should tell you that IF Newey was to move to another team, 99% of the time it will be in the U.K.

More insight for you btw......

Look at Newey's history of employers. Gee, I wonder where they are stationed at.

How many ludicrous offers has Newey had from Ferrari in the past that Newey has turned down?

That alone should tell you that IF Newey was to move to another team, 99% of the time it will be in the U.K.

More insight for you btw......
    i actually i agree that I think he's going to Aston, but you're not doing yourself any favors with posts like that, that's why everyone knows you're a Red Bull troll.

Its not. He has officially said he regrets not working with HAM/ALO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnIn_x2SZLQ

That's Hamilton's effect acting already. Clearly.

i actually i agree that I think he's going to Aston, but you're not doing yourself any favors with posts like that, that's why everyone knows you're a Red Bull troll.
    RedBull troll??? Wake up and smell the coffee. I actually think Newey is retiring from F1 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post
    Its not. He has officially said he regrets not working with HAM/ALO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnIn_x2SZLQ
    Yes, and that day may never come.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    That's Hamilton's effect acting already. Clearly.
    I seriously doubt it. Do the math.

IF (and that's a HUUUUUGE IF) Newey were to work for Ferrari, he's contracted till 2025 with RedBull (yes, I know contracts can be broken). Newey still has to take 1 year of gardening leave(so Newey doesn't work for anyone till 2026). Newey in 2027 is working for Ferrari but at this time the car is not really his. In 2028, and finally, Newey has designed his own car for Ferrari with his name on it. How old will Lewis be then EVEN IF Lewis is still will Ferrari by 2028?

Anyone have any sense of realism here?

From what i read the last 2 years this man is responsible for RBs domination and Newey is not as active as in the past.
    https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en...s/pierre-wache

I would all make sense. Fred stated that he "will be signing some big names". Ferrari tried and failed to get Adrian several times, so Fred pulled out a 5head move resulting in a check mate. Getting Lewis is not a simple feat, so Fred had to tell him something good... maybe news about our 2026 engine, maybe that he will get Newey. Then, when he got Hamilton to sign, Ferrari stock price escalated, so it had to be "easy" to get a huge new sponsorship, so we can offer a big buck to another star and get Adrian, which was suddenly easier as well as he always said he would love to work with Lewis. It can't be a coincidence. Fred basically turned in Jean Todt 2.0 if it's really happeneing!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

You could apply that to most in F1 considering the select teams not in the UK, maybe you could apply it to even someone like Lewis Hamilton.......Newey has never had a ludicrous offer from Ferrari either don't just make things up, yes there has been talks but nothing ludicrous.

Not such a great insight really.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I would all make sense. Fred stated that he "will be signing some big names". Ferrari tried and failed to get Adrian several times, so Fred pulled out a 5head move resulting in a check mate. Getting Lewis is not a simple feat, so Fred had to tell him something good... maybe news about our 2026 engine, maybe that he will get Newey. Then, when he got Hamilton to sign, Ferrari stock price escalated, so it had to be "easy" to get a huge new sponsorship, so we can offer a big buck to another star and get Adrian, which was suddenly easier as well as he always said he would love to work with Lewis. It can't be a coincidence. Fred basically turned in Jean Todt 2.0 if it's really happeneing!
    The power struggle at Red Bull couldn't happend at better time than this , and surely that help too

FormulaPassion.it has received confirmation from reliable sources that Ferrari and Adrian Newey have been engaged in lengthy discussions, exploring potential contractual terms and arrangements for an early departure from Red Bull, including gardening leave.

https://www.formulapassion.it/f1/f1-...stato-avanzato

Ferrari must do whatever it takes to sign him. Give him full freedom and full reign of the technical department.

Quote Originally Posted by Always44 View Post
    WHY DO U THINK THEY GOT LEWIS???? FOR THIS EXACT REASON!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You could apply that to most in F1 considering the select teams not in the UK, maybe you could apply it to even someone like Lewis Hamilton.......Newey has never had a ludicrous offer from Ferrari either don't just make things up, yes there has been talks but nothing ludicrous.

Not such a great insight really.
    "Ludicrous" "absurd" "very attractive" " incredible offers" were made to Newey from Ferrari in the past.

I'm not making this up. Look it up yourself or I can post the articles if you would like.

It might be insightful to you if you didn't know.

I read that newey is not allowed to work in another team before 27.

"Ludicrous" "absurd" "very attractive" " incredible offers" were made to Newey from Ferrari in the past.

I'm not making this up. Look it up yourself or I can post the articles if you would like.

It might be insightful to you if you didn't know.
    Oh so now you believe the soap opera press as you put it.....again a lack of insight. Your clearly worried he might come to Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

I don't care about the arguments going on here.

But, I'm happy things are finally going our way.

We've had too much of bad luck.