Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Newey to Ferrari?

Apart from that -

Lewis isn't an idiot, either.
    He joined Ferrari for a reason,
    just like he joined Merc just before the Hybrid era.

With HP joining Ferrari & Newey leaving RBR.

BOYS, I FEEL ANOTHER ERA OF DOMINANCE COMING ALONG.

Apart from that -

Lewis isn't an idiot, either.
    He joined Ferrari for a reason,
    just like he joined Merc just before the Hybrid era.

With HP joining Ferrari & Newey leaving RBR.

BOYS, I FEEL ANOTHER ERA OF DOMINANCE COMING ALONG.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Oh so now you believe the soap opera press as you put it.....again a lack of insight. Your clearly worried he might come to Ferrari.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Insightful.
    Forza Ferrari

Insightful.
    Yes very. You obviously haven't read Newey's quotes about his offerings from Ferrari of years past.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    I read that newey is not allowed to work in another team before 27.
    That's pure speculation based on a statement made by RBR that they don't know something that says that Andrian is going to another team.
    Truth tho is that Andrian is / was (?) working with RBR under a consultancy role and AFAIK consultans aren't bound by the gardening thing.

So we'll see what happens.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    I read that newey is not allowed to work in another team before 27.
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    That's pure speculation based on a statement made by RBR that they don't know something that says that Andrian is going to another team.
    Truth tho is that Andrian is / was (?) working with RBR under a consultancy role and AFAIK consultans aren't bound by the gardening thing.

So we'll see what happens.
    Craig Slater: "Red Bull are unaware of any official communication from Newey notifying of his intention to leave Red Bull."

"Newey is contracted at Red Bull until the end of 2025, as I understand, he'd have to serve another year of gardening leave, where Red Bull holds him to the full extend of his contract, which would mean he would not be able to work for another F1 team until 2027."

"The one or two individuals that I have spoken to, who are close to Newey, have expressed to me that if he is seriously considering leaving, he has not made up his mind what future direction his career should take."

An "insightful" Adrian Newey and his past dealings with Ferrari.

"It's come close three times," Newey told Sky Sports F1. "Initially in my IndyCar career where Ferrari decided to build an IndyCar, I was offered to join as chief designer on their project but didn't feel it was right so I turned that one down.

"Then, much more seriously, Jean Todt offered for me to join as technical director in 1996. At that point, I had offers to stay at Williams, join McLaren or join Ferrari.

"I thought long and hard about it but I had a young family at the time, and decided I wanted to stay in the UK."

By far the most attractive offer for Newey, however, was Ferrari's advance in 2014. He had just won four consecutive championships with Red Bull, but the team were struggling for engine power at the start of the new hybrid era.

Newey explained in his newly-launched book, How To Build A Car, how Ferrari made him a "film-star lifestyle" and a "ridiculously large" financial offer, prepared to more than double his Red Bull salary - while there were also talks with Mercedes.

"It became evident that the Renault was a long way behind the Mercedes in particular and to some extent the Ferrari - with no obvious end in sight," Newey added to Sky F1's Natalie Pinkham.

"Renault didn't seem to be willing to put the funding in to really sort the problem out, which was the depressing and worrying bit.

"I was in a bit of a difficult position. I didn't want to walk out of Red Bull because it feels like home and I'd been heavily involved from the start with Christian [Horner, team principal], building the team up from the ashes of Jaguar to where it was today.

"I didn't want to walk out on that but equally I didn't want to be in a position where we were operating with one hand tied behind our back in the engine department.

"It was a very difficult decision. Ferrari came up with an incredible offer, very attractive, and it caused me a lot of sleepless nights deciding what to do and who to go for. In the end, it would have felt wrong to walk out on Red Bull."

"The spring of 2014 was a depressing time, with no apparent light at the end of the tunnel. I was considering my options, when who should approach me but Niki Lauda from Mercedes. There began a series of talks about me joining Mercedes, Niki paying me a couple of visits at home in order to discuss it. I was tempted but not that much. To move to Mercedes, the team that was clearly going to win the championship that year, 2014, effectively replacing Ross Brawn, just didn't feel right, and I would have felt like a trophy hunter. So I thanked Niki but turned that one down.

"I was also approached by one of the LMP1 sports car teams. That was very interesting in principle; to be involved in a team with the aim of winning Le Mans remains on my bucket list. But the team is based in Germany and that bit didn't appeal. Then came a third approach, and it was from Ferrari. I'd been courted by them before, but this time they meant business. I traveled to visit Luca Montezemolo, the President of Ferrari at the time, seeing him at his farmhouse close to Tuscany. We held serious talks and their offer was amazing. Luca wanted to give me the whole Ferrari operation, road and race car. The promise was of an almost film-star lifestyle and the most ridiculously large financial offer, well over double the already generous salary I was receiving at Red Bull.

"I had a very difficult decision to make, and it was one that cost me many nights' sleep as I went over and over the various factors; family, cultural, work differences, the chances of success or failure, the repercussions of either...

"But in the end I thanked Luca and turned him down."

Yes very. You obviously haven't read Newey's quotes about his offerings from Ferrari of years past.
    You are really that worried he will come to Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

You are really that worried he will come to Ferrari.
    Quite the opposite. I would love for Newey to come to Ferrari but there are many factors in his head at play.

IMO, Newey is going to retire from F1.

Quite the opposite. I would love for Newey to come to Ferrari but there are many factors in his head at play.

Yes wondering what wine he will have with his pasta will be heavy on his mind.
    Forza Ferrari

Yes wondering what wine he will have with his pasta will be heavy on his mind.
    A Brunello de Montalcino Reserva 1991.

According to the Italian daily newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, Adrian Newey and Scuderia Ferrari appear to be getting closer to reaching an agreement.

https://scuderiafans.com/italian-med...-with-ferrari/

that's actually fair.

but the whole UK thing is a non issue. It's 2024 not 1996. Especially now post covid, there's so much he can do with limited visits.

Do you think he's literally there bolting things together 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    that's actually fair.

but the whole UK thing is a non issue. It's 2024 not 1996. Especially now post covid, there's so much he can do with limited visits.

Do you think he's literally there bolting things together 24/7?
    No, he's "not there bolting things together."

Newey still uses an engineering design table to draw his cars instead of using a CAD/CAM computer hooked up to a mainframe. Newey walks around other competitors cars with notebook in hand to write down what he sees. The guy is old school but a guru in aero design in F1.

No, he's "not there bolting things together."

Newey still uses an engineering design table to draw his cars instead of using a CAD/CAM computer hooked up to a mainframe. Newey walks around other competitors cars with notebook in hand to write down what he sees. The guy is old school but a guru in aero design in F1.
    exactly, so how does Italy not being the UK matter. Going to the races is the same. I'm sure they can access data from anywhere and he has a nice setup at home i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    exactly, so how does Italy not being the UK matter. Going to the races is the same. I'm sure they can access data from anywhere and he has a nice setup at home i'm sure.
    You really don't understand Newey.

He lost his first wife due to he was in America(Indy) hence the divorce. He then moved to the U.K. and re-married and wasn't about to repeat what he learned from his 1st marriage.

The guy wants to be around family.

He took delivery of his $27 million USD sailboat mind you that he had customly made. Not a yacht but a sailboat.

Let the man be.

He lost his first wife due to he was in America(Indy) hence the divorce. He then moved to the U.K. and re-married and wasn't about to repeat what he learned from his 1st marriage.

He took delivery of his $27 million USD sailboat mind you that he had customly made. Not a yacht but a sailboat.

Let the man be.
    And you know him so well He is on his 3rd marriage btw.

You are desperate for him not to come to Ferrari it's funny
    Forza Ferrari

Let the man be.
    And he has been working partially REMOTELY (Caps fully intently) from SOUTH AFRICA from a place he's bought there (which reminds me, Rory Byrne also works remotely from there being South African).

I guess all this Ferrari being in Italy is not exactly an issue, not really is it?

Oh dear... the horrors...
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

And he has been working partially REMOTELY (Caps fully intently) from SOUTH AFRICA from a place he's bought there (which reminds me, Rory Byrne also works remotely from there being South African).

I guess all this Ferrari being in Italy is not exactly an issue, not really is it?

Byrne is South African but I think he lives in Thailand or around that area. Does a lot of scuba.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Byrne is South African but I think he lives in Thailand or around that area. Does a lot of scuba.
    The point remains the same. He works remotely. However thanks for the correction.
    Apparently so does Newey so that whole thing that Newey wants to be in UK etc is not exactly so.

The point remains the same. He works remotely. However thanks for the correction.
    Apparently so does Newey so that whole thing that Newey wants to be in UK etc is not exactly so.
    Could you please post the source or video that says Adrian Newey works remotely in South Africa while working with RedBull.

Here's a video posted on Sept. 8th 2021 with Martin Brundle and Adrian Newey at his U.K. home.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._at/?rdt=40818

Could you please post the source or video that says Adrian Newey works remotely in South Africa while working with RedBull.

Here's a video posted on Sept. 8th 2021 with Martin Brundle and Adrian Newey at his U.K. home.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._at/?rdt=40818
    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/27219...-red-bull.html
    Forza Ferrari

Could be 60% U.K. and 40% South Africa or 70% U.K. or 30% South Africa....nonetheless, he spends the majority of his time while working for RedBull in the U.K.

Looks like he might want to be closer to the action.

"It is suggested his wife Amanda has been scoping out properties in Italy," report The Daily Mail. "Where they might live if he heads for Ferrari and a final chapter in a life in F1 that has taken in successes at Williams, McLaren and Red Bull."

But now that his kids are grown, he can pretty much live anywhere, and he can split his year between South Africa and Maranello. If Ferrari were willing to offer him a superstar lifestyle before, I'm sure they'd work with him on when or how often he needs to be in Maranello. Byrne and Ferrari seem to have a pretty good long distance working relationship.

But, JGonzalesm6 may be right. He might just decide to sail around the world on his yacht and leave F1. I doubt it though. I think the prospect of working at Ferrari still pulls at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Looks like he might want to be closer to the action.

"It is suggested his wife Amanda has been scoping out properties in Italy," report The Daily Mail. "Where they might live if he heads for Ferrari and a final chapter in a life in F1 that has taken in successes at Williams, McLaren and Red Bull."

But now that his kids are grown, he can pretty much live anywhere, and he can split his year between South Africa and Maranello. If Ferrari were willing to offer him a superstar lifestyle before, I'm sure they'd work with him on when or how often he needs to be in Maranello. Byrne and Ferrari seem to have a pretty good long distance working relationship.

But, JGonzalesm6 may be right. He might just decide to sail around the world on his yacht and leave F1. I doubt it though. I think the prospect of working at Ferrari still pulls at him.
    The DailyMail.........now there's a reliably source. (sarcasm)

btw, Newey didn't buy a yacht, it's an Oyster sailboat customized to Newey's specifications. Newey want's to be closer to nature with his sailboat instead of a yacht with diesel engines. IF he retires from F1, I can see him sailing around the world.

Could be 60% U.K. and 40% South Africa or 70% U.K. or 30% South Africa....nonetheless, he spends the majority of his time while working for RedBull in the U.K.
    You asked for a link and got it, you have no idea how much he splits his time.
    Forza Ferrari

You asked for a link and got it, you have no idea how much he splits his time.
    Well, it certainly isn't half of his time. It's partial which is less than half of his time.

Well, it certainly isn't half of his time. It's partial which is less than half of his time.
    So could be 49.9%, it's not really relevant it shows he is able to work remotley.
    Forza Ferrari

So could be 49.9%, it's not really relevant it shows he is able to work remotley.
    49.9% out of the whole year.....yeah right. I seriously doubt it.

Oh yes, he can work remotely for a partial moment in an F1 year while he works mostly out of the U.K.