Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Newey to Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    49.9% out of the whole year.....yeah right. I seriously doubt it.

Oh yes, he can work remotely for a partial moment in an F1 year while he works mostly out of the U.K.
    He is at nearly every race....he is not afraid to be out of the UK as much as that disappoints you.
    Forza Ferrari

Newey works or puts in 50% of his time with RedBull F1 while doing other things. The RedBull F1 dept can literally work without Adrian Newey.

Adrian Newey is also involved in Alinghi RedBull Racing which is sailboat racing in the Americas Cup.

Newey is also aiding in building a submarine for RedBull.

There's MotoGP as well and he's designing the RB17 supercar.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He is at nearly every race....he is not afraid to be out of the UK as much as that disappoints you.
    Disappoint me? You're sadly mistaken. He has a life like everyone else outside of F1.

Disappoint me? You're sadly mistaken. He has a life like everyone else outside of F1.
    You have been nothing but negative about a possible move to Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

What makes you think he's going to Ferrari other than the tabloids your reading? Are there not other teams at play that want Newey as well? Isn't possible as well that Newey finishes his contract at the end of 2025 and retires. So many possibilities yet you are stuck on just one of them without ANY confirmation.

What makes you think he's going to Ferrari other than the tabloids your reading? Are there not other teams at play that want Newey as well? Isn't possible as well that Newey finishes his contract at the end of 2025 and retires. So many possibilities yet you are stuck on just one of them without ANY confirmation.
    Yet you are already on record as saying he won't come to Ferrari, so if you can make your mind up what he will do then so can others.

Tabloids? very little F1 news in tabloids.....
    Forza Ferrari

The DailyMail.........now there's a reliably source. (sarcasm)

btw, Newey didn't buy a yacht, it's an Oyster sailboat customized to Newey's specifications. Newey want's to be closer to nature with his sailboat instead of a yacht with diesel engines. IF he retires from F1, I can see him sailing around the world.
    I did say he would be sailing and those Oyster sailboats are pretty much yachts, they aren't spartan by any means and they would be equipped with an engine... most likely diesel.

The Daily Mail could be right or wrong on this. Pretty much everything right now is only guessing and speculation.

But it keeps the thread alive and gives Ferrari fans some hope.

Yet you are already on record as saying he won't come to Ferrari, so if you can make your mind up what he will do then so can others.

Well, there's MercedesAMGF1 and Aston Martin? There's retirement?

Yeah, I don't think he's coming to Ferrari when there are so many other options.

I'm also on record saying he's going to retire which in essence he's not going to anyone in F1.

Well, there's MercedesAMGF1 and Aston Martin? There's retirement?

Yeah, I don't think he's coming to Ferrari when there are so many other options.

I'm also on record saying he's going to retire which in essence he's not going to anyone in F1.
    Yet you have yet to suggest Ferrari is a option, instead promoting every other scenario.

He is talking with Ferrari yet you don't want to know about it don't see anything about him talking to other teams or retiring.
    Forza Ferrari

Yet you have yet to suggest Ferrari is a option, instead promoting every other scenario.

He is talking with Ferrari yet you don't want to know about it don't see anything about him talking to other teams or retiring.
    You and I have no idea who Adrian Newey is talking too and what about let alone those soap opera F1 journo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I did say he would be sailing and those Oyster sailboats are pretty much yachts, they aren't spartan by any means and they would be equipped with an engine... most likely diesel.

The Daily Mail could be right or wrong on this. Pretty much everything right now is only guessing and speculation.

But it keeps the thread alive and gives Ferrari fans some hope.
    Neweys is an Oyster 885 Sailboat and there is no diesel engine on that specific model.

You and I have no idea who Adrian Newey is talking too and what about let alone those soap opera F1 journo's.
    So why are you mentioning other teams? We know he is talking to Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

So why are you mentioning other teams? We know he is talking to Ferrari.
    Look, you believe what you read regarding this situation with Newey.

I have my own opinion.

Look, you believe what you read regarding this situation with Newey.

I have my own opinion.
    One thing seems clear is that retirement is not his first chain of thought. But you keep making up what you want to believe
    Forza Ferrari

I have said on record that I would love for Newey to come on board and work for Ferrari.

You seem to only pick out the "negative" to meet your narrative.

I have mentioned this in ma previous post.The British combination of Himself and Hamilton working as a power team could sway Adrian over the line.The possibility is genuine success is never guaranteed, but living with regrets is annoying.Newey has a lot to consider and his decisions will not come easy.So let's just get on with the ferrari show and let the Adrian newey show find its path.Its just a lot of noise at the moment.

Neweys is an Oyster 885 Sailboat and there is no diesel engine on that specific model.
    Checked out the Oyster Yachts website. Pretty cool boats. Very upscale.
    Most come standard with a Cummins diesel, a fairly large, powerful engine.
    The boat has a ton of hydraulic operated items... the sails, extendable decks etc.

They even have a documentary about Neweys custom built boat.
    What engine does Newey have in his? I'd be surprised if it's not diesel, what else would he opt for?

Craig Slater: "Red Bull are unaware of any official communication from Newey notifying of his intention to leave Red Bull."

"Newey is contracted at Red Bull until the end of 2025, as I understand, he'd have to serve another year of gardening leave, where Red Bull holds him to the full extend of his contract, which would mean he would not be able to work for another F1 team until 2027."

"The one or two individuals that I have spoken to, who are close to Newey, have expressed to me that if he is seriously considering leaving, he has not made up his mind what future direction his career should take."
    I said the above quote on April 26th.

Adrian Newey in Ferrari? It all depends on gardening

A few weeks ago the Arab oil giant Aramco had approached not only Adrian Newey but also other senior technical figures with the intention of attracting Max Verstappen soon , in the midst of an internal war that broke out in Red Bull after team principal Christian Horner had been placed under investigation by the company. In this eventful context to say the least, the owner of Aston Martin Lawrence Stroll was (and is) said to be willing to sell important shares of Aston Martin . However, Alonso's new contract as a driver and strong point of the team in the long term is a significant response that the attempt to take the world champion for now did not have the conditions to succeed, despite the Dutchman's respect for Honda which is will join the Lagonda team officially in 2026 but is in fact already at the table with the Silverstone technicians while developing the new power unit. Verstappen is continuing to win quite clearly but that doesn't mean that things are calmer at Red Bull, as they appear on the surface.

Mercedes, in the words of Toto Wolff , seems to have thought of a strategy similar to the Arab one but more domineering and aggressive. The most successful team of the hybrid era is not understanding what happens to ground effect cars , in fundamentals, as the same problems are not being solved. The official explanation is that it is a correlation problem: on the track things go differently than in the tunnel and not in a positive way. However, it also seems like something that has to do with a technical, methodological and ideational process, to be restructured with visions foreign to the usual processes. The hiring of Simone Resta, Allison's trusted man in his time at Ferrari, and Enrico Sampō, team leader of the Maranello simulation group, must be seen in this light. It is very clear that for Toto Wolff to take advantage of the cracks in Red Bull and try to take Verstappen perhaps with Newey would represent a huge response to the loss of Hamilton and the bad results. At the same time it is not an easy undertaking, and one wonders what the interaction with one of the best technical profiles such as James Allison would be. It is known that the Austrian boss does not have to be asked if he can destabilize the apparatus of the number one enemy Christian Horner, however failing both of these announced attempts could turn into the classic boomerang, a refusal, a downsizing in terms of appeal. This is why it is not difficult to believe that Mercedes is putting everything on the table to convince the Verstappen clan. Nonetheless, it must be technically much more convincing than today. In the medium term, another story can begin from 2026, thanks to the new era of Power units.

Newey in Ferrari would be great news as long as it happens quickly and not blindly

Adrian Newey's exit from Red Bull should be clarified quickly and regulated, if the most famous engineer in F1 does not want to stay in Milton Keynes, this essentially depends on the climate and should not be forgotten. And it is very possible that he does not have any already solid agreement with the competition. If he were to be released only in 2027 , taking into account the necessary adaptation and natural insertion to be able to make an impact, he cannot so easily fit into the plans of Ferrari or Mercedes . When there are three seasons to build and a technical hierarchy that could be seen as transitional, where some could feel precarious. Rather harmful things that we saw well in Maranello in the years of the post-Ross Brawn era, especially among Italian and foreign currents. Something to protect yourself from. If, however, Newey were available in a maximum of 12 months then he could be a precious reinforcement already for the 678 model , a brain from which to take all the genius and experience... Maranello would have offered a lot, over 50% more than its current high engagement and broad freedom of action.

The retirement hypothesis should not be underestimated, in any case Newey is a surprising man

The F1 guru showed his courageous and surprising streak when he left Woking. But at present, realistically, it is not wrong to ask whether Adrian Newey wants to stop and then take on a new challenge , such as designing the 2026 cars. And if he wants to do so, whether he has an interest in clashing with the structure that he himself created and which for a while it has been in the hands of Waché, who was also strongly courted, even before him. In short, can the designer have the same impact as a part-time super consultant in a consolidated pyramid with the same success as in the past? Or in the end, after all, he will choose to stay in the beloved English countryside, reconnecting with some of his students... I don't think there is any doubt that Horner and Red Bull Racing owe a debt of gratitude to Newey, when he left McLaren to throw himself into a lawsuit to say the least full of unknowns, leading it to technical success in 2010 with Vettel. Maybe the time has come to please him, whatever he wants to do, unless he decides to retire from F1 activities. A former McLaren driver once said of Newey: "if you want a close championship you have to give him a lot of money and make him stay at home!".

https://formu1a-uno.translate.goog/i...n&_x_tr_pto=sc

I said the above quote on April 26th.

Adrian Newey in Ferrari? It all depends on gardening

A few weeks ago the Arab oil giant Aramco had approached not only Adrian Newey but also other senior technical figures with the intention of attracting Max Verstappen soon , in the midst of an internal war that broke out in Red Bull after team principal Christian Horner had been placed under investigation by the company. In this eventful context to say the least, the owner of Aston Martin Lawrence Stroll was (and is) said to be willing to sell important shares of Aston Martin . However, Alonso's new contract as a driver and strong point of the team in the long term is a significant response that the attempt to take the world champion for now did not have the conditions to succeed, despite the Dutchman's respect for Honda which is will join the Lagonda team officially in 2026 but is in fact already at the table with the Silverstone technicians while developing the new power unit. Verstappen is continuing to win quite clearly but that doesn't mean that things are calmer at Red Bull, as they appear on the surface.

Mercedes, in the words of Toto Wolff , seems to have thought of a strategy similar to the Arab one but more domineering and aggressive. The most successful team of the hybrid era is not understanding what happens to ground effect cars , in fundamentals, as the same problems are not being solved. The official explanation is that it is a correlation problem: on the track things go differently than in the tunnel and not in a positive way. However, it also seems like something that has to do with a technical, methodological and ideational process, to be restructured with visions foreign to the usual processes. The hiring of Simone Resta, Allison's trusted man in his time at Ferrari, and Enrico Sampō, team leader of the Maranello simulation group, must be seen in this light. It is very clear that for Toto Wolff to take advantage of the cracks in Red Bull and try to take Verstappen perhaps with Newey would represent a huge response to the loss of Hamilton and the bad results. At the same time it is not an easy undertaking, and one wonders what the interaction with one of the best technical profiles such as James Allison would be. It is known that the Austrian boss does not have to be asked if he can destabilize the apparatus of the number one enemy Christian Horner, however failing both of these announced attempts could turn into the classic boomerang, a refusal, a downsizing in terms of appeal. This is why it is not difficult to believe that Mercedes is putting everything on the table to convince the Verstappen clan. Nonetheless, it must be technically much more convincing than today. In the medium term, another story can begin from 2026, thanks to the new era of Power units.

Newey in Ferrari would be great news as long as it happens quickly and not blindly

Adrian Newey's exit from Red Bull should be clarified quickly and regulated, if the most famous engineer in F1 does not want to stay in Milton Keynes, this essentially depends on the climate and should not be forgotten. And it is very possible that he does not have any already solid agreement with the competition. If he were to be released only in 2027 , taking into account the necessary adaptation and natural insertion to be able to make an impact, he cannot so easily fit into the plans of Ferrari or Mercedes . When there are three seasons to build and a technical hierarchy that could be seen as transitional, where some could feel precarious. Rather harmful things that we saw well in Maranello in the years of the post-Ross Brawn era, especially among Italian and foreign currents. Something to protect yourself from. If, however, Newey were available in a maximum of 12 months then he could be a precious reinforcement already for the 678 model , a brain from which to take all the genius and experience... Maranello would have offered a lot, over 50% more than its current high engagement and broad freedom of action.

The retirement hypothesis should not be underestimated, in any case Newey is a surprising man

The F1 guru showed his courageous and surprising streak when he left Woking. But at present, realistically, it is not wrong to ask whether Adrian Newey wants to stop and then take on a new challenge , such as designing the 2026 cars. And if he wants to do so, whether he has an interest in clashing with the structure that he himself created and which for a while it has been in the hands of Waché, who was also strongly courted, even before him. In short, can the designer have the same impact as a part-time super consultant in a consolidated pyramid with the same success as in the past? Or in the end, after all, he will choose to stay in the beloved English countryside, reconnecting with some of his students... I don't think there is any doubt that Horner and Red Bull Racing owe a debt of gratitude to Newey, when he left McLaren to throw himself into a lawsuit to say the least full of unknowns, leading it to technical success in 2010 with Vettel. Maybe the time has come to please him, whatever he wants to do, unless he decides to retire from F1 activities. A former McLaren driver once said of Newey: "if you want a close championship you have to give him a lot of money and make him stay at home!".

https://formu1a-uno.translate.goog/i...n&_x_tr_pto=sc
    How funny the above formu1a-uno article mentions retirement hypothesis should not be underestimated. Hmmm.

Newey is not the man to get, he just works more on side projects not?

Imo Wache or Fallows are the guys we should get.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post

Agreed on both counts.

It is very much a possibility but I am not sure if he is the best man for Team Ferrari.

Could be 60% U.K. and 40% South Africa or 70% U.K. or 30% South Africa....nonetheless, he spends the majority of his time while working for RedBull in the U.K.
    Grasping at straws
    Make a desperate attempt at saving oneself. For example, He had lost the argument, but he kept grasping at straws, naming numerous previous cases that had little to do with this one . This metaphoric expression alludes to a drowning person trying to save himself by grabbing at flimsy reeds.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Correction.
    You make it sound as if you are the one and only Newey authority in the known universe , but not only that, you make it as if you know for a fact that there is NO CHANCE he's coming to Ferrari.

Which, apart from being utterly pathetic, quite honestly is funny. Please go on and keep doing it.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post

Could be right. Might be same situation as Hamilton. Maybe we're getting Newey at the wrong time.... when he's waning. Maybe he'll not want to be full time involved in the Ferrari F1 car, or could be he may not have as much to offer as those others.

But I think getting him will still be a coup for Ferrari and, regardless of how much time he puts into the F1 project, it should still be a positive. His knowledge will definitely help, plus the fact of elevating the mood of the team, the excitement it will bring.

If we could get Newey and Wache... that would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Grasping at straws
    Make a desperate attempt at saving oneself. For example, He had lost the argument, but he kept grasping at straws, naming numerous previous cases that had little to do with this one . This metaphoric expression alludes to a drowning person trying to save himself by grabbing at flimsy reeds.
    You should become a psychiatrist with that analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Correction.
    You make it sound as if you are the one and only Newey authority in the known universe , but not only that, you make it as if you know for a fact that there is NO CHANCE he's coming to Ferrari.
    Thank-you. I'm flattered if I come off this way towards you....but no, I'm not that clairvoyant.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Could be right. Might be same situation as Hamilton. Maybe we're getting Newey at the wrong time.... when he's waning. Maybe he'll not want to be full time involved in the Ferrari F1 car, or could be he may not have as much to offer as those others.

But I think getting him will still be a coup for Ferrari and, regardless of how much time he puts into the F1 project, it should still be a positive. His knowledge will definitely help, plus the fact of elevating the mood of the team, the excitement it will bring.

If we could get Newey and Wache... that would be epic.
    Wache and Fallows are not in the same league as Newey.
    Forza Ferrari

Wache and Fallows are not in the same league as Newey.
    Yep, which is why Newey is doing other projects with RedBull.

You think Ferrari would give Newey that much latitude in their organization by only working 50% in F1 and doing other projects? You think Newey would entrust anyone on Ferrari F1 to carry the load in aero design while he does side projects?

Yep, which is why Newey is doing other projects with RedBull.

You think Ferrari would give Newey that much latitude in their organization by only working 50% in F1 and doing other projects? You think Newey would entrust anyone on Ferrari F1 to carry the load in aero design while he does side projects?
    Who says he only has to work 50% on the F1 car at Ferrari, you taking giant leaps again?
    Forza Ferrari