Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Newey to Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Just to get some clarification, this "noise" about confirmation that Newey will be joining Ferrari right after the end of the MiamiGP:

1) Is it the day after the MiamiGP?
    2) 2 days after the MiamiGP?
    3) a week after?
    4) a month after?
    5) 6 months after?
    He said it would be announced after the Miami GP that Newey is coming to Ferrari, not that he will join immediately. You know how we announced Lewis a year before he arrives kind of deal?

You have to admit now that it looks like Ferrari are finally going to get Newey.
    Forza Ferrari

It would seem kind of strange to me that Newey would be retiring after this season given that a lot of reports are saying the he will not be involved on the 2025 car as of the date of the official Red Bull announcement. If he were just retiring, Red Bull would continue to seek input from him for the 2025 car and beyond. So odds are that he will remain in F1 at another team in some kind of technical consulting role at the least.

On the other hand, Eddie Jordan is supposedly Adrian Newey's manager and he's hinting that Newey is possibly looking at retirement. Given the way the exit was explained by Red Bull, this statement really sounds conflicting to me.

So I will try not to get too optimistic, although I can't help but be happy that Red Bull is imploding. I read that a lot Red Bull staff have been applying to rival teams, so it seems we are witnessing the demise of RB right in front of our eyes...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Fred didn't fly straight to Miami but made a stop in London it seems..

To meet Newey with some papers maybe .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

AM fan is crying so hard lol , now they're wishing that Newey will retire

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He said it would be announced after the Miami GP that Newey is coming to Ferrari, not that he will join immediately. You know how we announced Lewis a year before he arrives kind of deal?

You have to admit now that it looks like Ferrari are finally going to get Newey.
    I just want confirmation that's all. I would be extremely happy IF Newey comes on-board with the Scuderia but I stand very cautious.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Never knew Eddie is Newey's manager. Probably F1's best kept secret!

Eddie says Newey is likely to retire or take a break

Just to get some clarification, this "noise" about confirmation that Newey will be joining Ferrari right after the end of the MiamiGP:

1) Is it the day after the MiamiGP?
    2) 2 days after the MiamiGP?
    3) a week after?
    4) a month after?
    5) 6 months after?
    Did Lewis join Ferrari right after he was announced from Ferrari ?
    Why do you do this?

#embraceit
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

He is grasping at straws. Already told him.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Did anyone just see the interview with Adrian Newey and Brundle at the MiamiGP RIGHT NOW?

Did anyone just see the interview with Adrian Newey and Brundle at the MiamiGP RIGHT NOW?
    So, at the moment, he's retiring from F1 after he finishes the RB17 and doing his 1st quarter of 2025.

Newey just said at the MiamiGP before Sprint Qualifying with Brundle that he's going to take time off and travel either by motorhome and going thru France or by boat.

Then he'll take a shower one day and decide what the next adventure might be.

nini on X: "newey to sky sports, seems like he’ll travel lots and take a well deserved break. https://t.co/O124yU9tS8" / X (twitter.com)

Sounded very much like he will be back for designing a 2026 car to me. Not sure he made any mention of retiring.
    Forza Ferrari

Well good for Newey he is off to smell the roses and travel with a motor home he is going to embrace a simple non complex relaxing environment enjoying the fresh air the views and fishing,why not I say he has nothing to prove and any return to any team at this point is not on his radar.
    The red bull saga has been enough.Life is short and at 65 he is on the back nine holes of life as a matter of fact he can see the club house so enjoy Mr Newey enjoy.

Sounded very much like he will be back for designing a 2026 car to me. Not sure he made any mention of retiring.
    He's "retiring" from F1 and taking a break. Then he said while taking a shower, he might think of seeking new adventures. So at the moment, those new adventures are questionable.

He's "retiring" from F1 and taking a break. Then he said while taking a shower, he might think of seeking new adventures. So at the moment, those new adventures are questionable.
    I don't think he said retiring, sure he said taking a bit of a break (gardening leave) but his eyes lit up when asked about the new 2026 regs......

Here is the interview - https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...-bull-designer

He makes no mention of retiring from F1, you are leaping to your own desire for him to retire.
    Forza Ferrari

I don't think he said retiring, sure he said taking a bit of a break (gardening leave) but his eyes lit up when asked about the new 2026 regs......

He makes no mention of retiring from F1, you are leaping to your own desire for him to retire.
    What do you expect him to say, he does not want him to join Ferrari lol

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    What do you expect him to say, he does not want him to join Ferrari lol
    Newey makes no mention off working for ANYONE after taking leave from F1.

Those are the facts at the moment.

Newey makes no mention off working for ANYONE after taking leave from F1.

Those are the facts at the moment.
    He will be designing a 2026 car
    Forza Ferrari

He will be designing a 2026 car
    Prove it. Has Newey confirmed it. Please post the source saying Newey has said that he will be designing the 2026 car for whomever.

Prove it. Has Newey confirmed it. Please post the source saying Newey has said that he will be designing the 2026 car for whomever.
    Prove he won't......
    Forza Ferrari

Prove he won't......
    He stated he has "no plan" for the next F1 challenge during the interview with Brundle of which I posted.

He stated he has "no plan" for the next F1 challenge during the interview with Brundle of which I posted.
    That's not proof he wont be designing a 2026 car.
    Forza Ferrari

That's not proof he wont be designing a 2026 car.
    Again, you have no proof of that. You have nothing to substantiate that Newey will be designing a 2026 car. As I have said over and over again, Newey has stated he has "no plan" for the next F1 challenge.

Again, you have no proof of that. You have nothing to substantiate that Newey will be designing a 2026 car. As I have said over and over again, Newey has stated he has "no plan" for the next F1 challenge.
    He said it was only a matter of time, he is taking a break to travel in France not round the world....He will be back for 2026 reg changes as he loves these changes and the smile when asked if he looks good in red said it all.
    Forza Ferrari

Piero Ferrari smiling
    Look like a dream team is coming

There is never smoke without fire. My gutt tells me he is coming to Ferrari. There is enough rumour and indication that, that will be the case. I can't see him going to Aston. Would be a giggle though if Audi announced Newey as chief designer for the 2026 season onwards. VW certainly has the reddies to pay Newey whatever he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    There is never smoke without fire. My gutt tells me he is coming to Ferrari. There is enough rumour and indication that, that will be the case. I can't see him going to Aston. Would be a giggle though if Audi announced Newey as chief designer for the 2026 season onwards. VW certainly has the reddies to pay Newey whatever he wants
    I'm not sure about it being a giggle. It would be devastating for us Ferrari fans.....all our hopes down the pan!!!!

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I'm not sure about it being a giggle. It would be devastating for us Ferrari fans.....all our hopes down the pan!!!!
    Newey our last hope, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Newey our last hope, is he?
    Not really but it would be beneficial even if he was only a part time consultant. I don't think any team would refuse to have him onboard.

Forza Jules

It's time for the official announcement